As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Here's a group shot for all my Valkyriadna stuff.

groupshot.jpg

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    My FLGS finally got my Achillies in. Does anyone know about how I should use him on the table? He's a beast, but an expensive one, and I want value for my points.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Throw him at the enemy with little thought for consequences.

In all seriousness, have a Myrmidon cover his advance with smoke. He doesn't have an MSV, unlike the Asura. However, he's harder to hit than one and is a lot more durable. Give him long range support and take out anything that can potentially ruin his day (Hackers, ADHLs, Flamethrowers, Chain Rifles, DEPs/Panzers/Fueuerbachs/Autocannons/AP HMGs). Not much can stop him. If you see a TAG, melee it. He can't really take them on in a proacted firefight with just a Spitfire.

makosig.jpg
    edited February 2012
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Throw him at the enemy with little thought for consequences.

In all seriousness, have a Myrmidon cover his advance with smoke. He doesn't have an MSV, unlike the Asura. However, he's harder to hit than one and is a lot more durable. Give him long range support and take out anything that can potentially ruin his day (Hackers, ADHLs, Flamethrowers, Chain Rifles, DEPs/Panzers/Fueuerbachs/Autocannons/AP HMGs). Not much can stop him. If you see a TAG, melee it. He can't really take them on in a proacted firefight with just a Spitfire.

I'm probably going to run him with a heavy shotgun - higher weapon power and shorter range. The range hit isn't bad because I don't want to be triggering frenzy until I'm good and ready.

Related question: How does AP ammo interact with the heavy shotgun? The wiki lists the heavy shotgun as flat burst two, and says that AP ammo reduces the burst to two.

Edit: nevermind, I see now. The normal Ammo gets the teardrop template from the target while the AP ammo still has burst two, but no template.

kaorti on
    The Heavy shotgun's a nice option, but it pretty much means you HAVE to pair him up with something like an Asura to take care of anything between 16-24 inches. An Asura and Achilles work very well together.

makosig.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    My FLGS finally got the Al Hawwa sniper in, so I grabbed that and a pair of Nasmats to finish my 200pt list last night.

Now I need to paint these guys. Since my initial attempt failed miserably, I've been thinking of sticking to the tan and green colours Corvus Belli do theirs in. Just a lot more muted, since I want them to look more militaristic. I'm again going to try doing this with washes, since I really don't have the ability to paint these tiny models properly.

So, for my next nerdy painting project, assuming I DO get that job soon. Cerberus-themed Yu Jing?

makosig.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Also, the new Druze Shock team is absolutely amazing.

aH3b0.jpg

What's the deal with mercenaries? I hear from a lot of people that you should use them as they unbalance the game, but then I hear from others that they're only banned at tournaments. It all sounds weird given the general praise for the games balance I see.

edited March 2012
    They offer a lot of shit that certain factions are sorely missing. As such, they unbalance the game and are not allowed in tournament settings outside of Sectorial Lists that specifically allow certain mercs. They're going to get reworked soon, I hear.

Case in point, Valerya Gromoz has a Marker. That's something ALEPH sorely needs- hell, something everyone but Nomads is in dire need of to make effective GML lists. Sforza gives ALEPH, among other factions, an Adhesive Launcher -and- a Viral Rifle. YuanYuans are cheap AD booty guys. McMurrough is a dog warrior anyone can take, etc etc.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Advice time!

I've finally found some reliable opponents. One plays PanO, the other Plays Nomads. I play ALEPH. Suddenly I've got a motivation to start fleshing out my lists and building up to 300pt games.

I own the ALEPH starter box, a Dasyu, a Myrmidon officer, and Achillies. What should I be buying next? ReBots look important, but so do sophotects, yudbots and netrods. Myrmidons and Posthumans are awesome as well. I need some advice on how to spend my severely limited model budget.

The PanO player loves his Aquila Guard and Swiss Guard. The Nomad likes offensive hackers and Adhesive launchers.

kaorti on
    I'm personally experimenting with Quality over Quantity. ALEPH is an elite faction that doesn't really have too many options; might as well make the best of what you have. If you don't mind running at sub-10 Orders, get the Posthuman box. THey're a very versatile set of models and you can honestly proxy them as just about anything; the Mk 1 Doctor can pull double duty as a Sophotect. Get some Yudbot/Netrod blisters (Kind of annoying you have to get a useless third Yudbot if you want 3 Netrods!). Myrmidons are also a very solid choice; the unit box will serve you well. VERY well.

Get the Marut as well; it's a very awesome, if expensive, TAG. If taken care of, it'll kick a ton of ass; MSV2 on a TAG is ridiculous.

In terms of priority:
    1. Posthumans (Due to pulling double duty as extra Devas, Asura, and Sophotect)
    2. Myrmidons
    3. MARUT
    4. Netrods/Yudbots (You can honestly use anything to proxy as Netrods. I personally bought the YuJing servants to play as Yudbots, but DAMN if the Yudbots aren't the cutest thing ever).

Going back to Quality over Quantity, I mainly play ALEPH in one of two ways: Asura and Achilles kicking ass together, or the MARUT and Achilles kicking ass together. The former gives you a bigger model count, though not really by that much. The latter gives you some serious hitting power, but you're only going to have five active models on the board, plus Netrods. Posting up my lists:

One of my takes on an Asura/Achilles list
    61.png ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 (Regs: 9/Irrs: 0):

61_4.pngASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW (72 | 2)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:16 BS:14 PH:14 WIP:15 ARM:5 BTS:-6 W:2
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, Cube
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Multispectral Visor L3

61_21.pngACHILLES Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW (81 | 2)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:20 BS:15 PH:16 WIP:15 ARM:6 BTS:-6 W:3
    sep.gifRegular, Frenzy, Cube
    sep.gifMartial Arts L4, ODD: Optical Disruptor, Multiterrain

61_9.pngMYRMIDON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW (32)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:12 PH:13 WIP:14 ARM:2 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifMartial Arts L3, ODD: Optical Disruptor, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Lieutenant

61_3.pngDEVA Hacker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (35 | 0.5)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:14 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:15 ARM:2 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Hacking Device

61_2.pngGARUDA Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse (31 | 1.5)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:8 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:-3 STR:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Remote Presence
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism, AD: Combat Jump

61_10.pngSOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife (31)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:13 BS:11 PH:11 WIP:15 ARM:2 BTS:0 W:1
    sep.gifEngineer, Doctor, V: No Wound Incapacitation

61_15.png2x YUDBOT Electric Pulse (3)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:8 BS:8 PH:8 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:-3 STR:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Servant
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism

61_16.png3x NETROD Electric Pulse (4)
    sep.gifMOV:- CC:- BS:- PH:12 WIP:- ARM:0 BTS:-3 STR:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous
    sep.gifAD: Combat Jump, AI Beacon

300 Points | SWC: 6

ARMY CODE:
    eNozM1Q1UTNUM6wxMlQzAlKWYNIYTBqBJQwN1AxAlCkKZYZJAQBwKxBz

Army Infinity v.3.0.

My awesome Achilles + Marut list (It lacks a Hacker, but I'm sure you can manage. otherwise replace the Myrmidon and Deva with a Deva Hacker and Dakini)
    61.png ALEPH

GROUP 1 (Regs: 8/Irrs: 0):

61_5.pngMARUT MULTI HMG, Heavy Grenade Launcher, Nanopulser / AP CCW (126 | 3)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:18 BS:15 PH:17 WIP:15 ARM:8 BTS:-9 STR:3
    sep.gifECM, Multiterrain, Multispectral Visor L2

61_21.pngACHILLES Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW (81 | 2)
    sep.gifMartial Arts L4, ODD: Optical Disruptor, Multiterrain, Lieutenant

61_3.pngDEVA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (34 | 1)
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Multispectral Visor L2

61_8.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW (16)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:12 PH:13 WIP:13 ARM:2 BTS:0 W:1
    sep.gifMartial Arts L3, ODD: Optical Disruptor

300 Points | SWC: 6

ARMY CODE:
    eNozM1Q1VTNQM6wxMlQzBVLGaiZA0kLNCEgaGoBlDM0wKQBOuwv9

Army Infinity v.3.0.

makosig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Aprils releases sound quite nice if they are true (there's a certain level of skepticism around rumours in April for obvious reasons). The April fool in it was obvious, but it looks like the next releases will be:

4 Odalisque box
    Yu Jing box, with a doctor, engineer and 2 Yaozao
    De Fersen
    Malignos hacker
    Dasyu sniper

I certainly wouldn't mind a box of 4 Odalisques, especially if there's a boarding shotgun in there, so I don't have to buy and mutilate the current Odalisque with shotgun. Add in the current model with Spitfire, and there's the 5 (wo)man link team for Qapu Khalki.

Someone else also put in a mention that Odalisque profile is getting some new weapon options.

-Loki- on
    edited May 2012
    Our latest league had a hilarious mutliplayer match set up last night. Five players- I was the unlucky sod who had to deploy in one of the center deployment zones. LOS was restricted to 16 inches the first round, 24 against HI and TAGs. We could only ARO-attack the players to our immediate left and right, and only dodge against everyone else. There was a ceasefire in effect against the other players, at least until we chose to actively fire at them in our own turn.

There were several objective tokens scattered around the center of the map- the primary objective was to pick up as many as we could and haul them off to our board edge starting on the second round. The secondary objective was to kill (NOT Incapacitate!) one model from each player. I ended up being the only person who managed to pull THAT one off.

There was no set winner- it was simply a race to see how many objectives we could haul off the board. Reason being is that the models responsible for initially picking up the pieces wold gain a badass upgrade for their efforts. Once the model runs off the board with the piece, he's out of the game- player decides if the model counts for retreat or not. The model can pass the marker off to someone else, but the model that originally picked it up gets rewarded instead. If the scenario ended without a carrier being able to make it off the board (but surviving!), he gains a lesser upgrade instead.

The upgrade was randomly rolled from 6 potential upgrades. Off the top of my head, this is what they were:

1. Model gains a level of Martial Arts and Hyper-Dynamics.
    2. Model gains nanoscreen.
    3. If the model qualifies for auto-level up under normal league rules (Under a specified amount of points, no SWC cost), then he can apply one of the major ammo types to a pistol/shotgun/rifle type weapon. Otherwise, add either Flame or Blast to the model's weapon.
    4-6. Pick one from the following: 3 CC, 1 BS, 1 PH, 1 WIP, or make the model a LT for 2 SWC, regardless of whether or not the model originally had an LT option.

Because of the potentially bloody nature of the scenario, we could not permanently lose a model as a result of injury post-match. Most we could suffer was a leg injury, which was -1 to either MOV stat.

I almost didn't get the secondary upgrade (I was able to choose one Auto Levelup-qualifying model and roll on the above table.), but a last ditch suicide run by one of my Chasseurs on my final order of the turn managed to finish off a Niss I incapacitated early on with one of my Vet Kazaks. Then the Chasseur died from ARO fire.
    Antipodes took out a Vector Operator from the combined player to my right. The brave Chasseur mentioned earlier killed a muyib that tried to run off with an objective from the 4th player, and Van Zant finished off a downed Azrail from the 5th player.

So by endgame, one Vet Kazak, one Chasseur, and (via secondary objective) a Cameronian all rolled on the table.

Vet Kazak got +1 BS, Chasseur got +1 PH, and the Cameronian got flame ammo on one of its chain rifles. ...Yeah, a flame chain rifle. Basically a poor man's heavy flamer. Kinda badass, though, that means I get a really awesome, quick means to run something off and burn off ODD/TO.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    Are those official campaign rules, or something that you guys hacked together? It sounds like that game would degenerate into chaos really quickly. But in a fun way.

I've started playing more regularly since a friend of mine picked up a PanO force. He's expanding his collection much more quickly than I am now, and I'm struggling to keep up. Does anyone know how to deal with Aquila Guards using HMGs? I'm running ALEPH, so adhesive launchers and offensive hacking are off the table. The only good options I've been able to think of are Monfilament Mines and trying to get the drop on them with Achillies. Nothing else seems to have the necessary killing power. Achillies is difficult to use when there are Missile launcher Swiss Guard hiding on the table as well.

I'm living in fear of his new Military Orders lists too. I don't have the points to build a list around shenanigans, and PanO does unstoppable force thing more efficiently.

In a related note, does MSV3 negate ODDs? If no, then myrmidons might be a decent choice as well I haven't found any direct rules in the wiki, but my friend thinks that MSV3 does negate ODD.

Edit: nevermind about the ODD. I found the rule on the wiki - MSV2 and up ignore an ODD.

kaorti on
    edited May 2012
    We came up with it. This is our.. third, possibly 4th league with these rules. We've refined the mission structure each time. Levelup rules have mostly remained the same since the second time through.

Also, MSV3 > All, unfortunately.

Best bet with ALEPH is to pop his ass with a sudden Multi Sniper attack from out of nowhere with a Posthuman or Dasyus, or simply bumrush his ass with Achilles or engage in a firefight with the TAG or an Asura. If engaging with anything other than the TAG or sniper rifle, get you unfortunately need to get to within 24 inches.

Flanking with a Garuda is also a fine option, but he's more accurate than you and you're way more fragile.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    I'm working on a new plan now. How does hacking interact with Heavy Infantry in Link teams? I think I've read something about forcing the whole team to reset in order to move, but I can't find it now.

The whole link team ruleset is really confusing.

The link team ruleset honestly isn't. You get X benefits for having Y members in the team. Only the main guy gets it in your active turn- everyone else simply follows. In the reactive turn, the entire team benefits from these bonuses. Link teams are ridiculously powerful in the reactive turn because of this.

That said? I would say on a model per model basis. You hack one dude, and that one dude's affected by hacking as per normal and would get ejected from the squad.

makosig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    My attempt at a more durable, face-beating kind of ALEPH list, for the 250 point level:

61.png ALEPH

GROUP 1 (Regs: 7/Irrs: 0):

61_9.pngMYRMIDON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW (32)
    sep.gifMartial Arts L3, ODD : Optical Disruptor, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Lieutenant

61_7.pngDASYU MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (48 | 1.5)
    sep.gifCH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, V: No Wound Incapacitation

61_8.png2x MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW (16)
    sep.gifMartial Arts L3, ODD : Optical Disruptor

61_6.pngNAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife (32)
    sep.gifCH: Camouflage, Infiltration, V: Dogged

61_15.pngYUDBOT Electric Pulse (3)

250 Points | SWC: 3.5

Any thoughts? The Yudbot follows the Asura around or deploys near the Dasyu. The Myrmidons provide smoke cover for the Asura. The Dasyu deals with problem models from hidden deployment. The Naga covers my flanks. Plenty of redundant, durable killing power. No real tricks though.

kaorti on
    edited May 2012
    Not bad, but the biggest problem here is your obvious lieutenant. ALEPH usually deals with it by making its obvious LT as durable as possible. This... simply isn't the case. The Myrmidon LT is just a Myrmidon with NWI. Take good care of her, or else you're toast. Got a pretty solid list, otherwise. If you lreally want to beat face, optimize your list to make it as in your face and bumrushy as possible. Here's my take on that:

61.png ALEPH

GROUP 1 (Regs: 5/Irrs: 0):

61_21.pngACHILLES Lieutenant Heavy Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW (77)
    sep.gifMartial Arts L4, ODD: Optical Disruptor, Multiterrain, Lieutenant

sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:16 BS:14 PH:14 WIP:15 ARM:5 BTS:-6 W:2

61_8.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW (16)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:12 PH:13 WIP:13 ARM:2 BTS:0 W:1
    sep.gifMartial Arts L3, ODD: Optical Disruptor

61_20.pngPROXY Mk.3 Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (30 | 2)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:13 PH:14 WIP:15 ARM:4 BTS:-3 W:2
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Jumper L1

61_18.pngPROXY Mk.1 Doctor Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (14)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:13 PH:11 WIP:15 ARM:2 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Jumper L1
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Doctor

250 Points | SWC: 4.5

ARMY CODE:
    eNozM1Q1MlQzUTOsAWIgaaFmBCSNwaSRgZoBkDKEiBmaQnhgCgBOggv9

Army Infinity v.3.0.

Achilles, the Asura, and the Myrmidon charge up the field like badasses with the Yudbots following close behind. You take a DEVA hacker against most factions like say, Ariadna. Against Ariadna, consider trading the 'Hacker for a Monofilament or Minelayer Naga. Defensive hacking is never a bad thing ot have handy! The Proxies stay somewhere safe with the Mk 3 on overwatch duty.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    I like a lot of what that list does, but it's got a few issues that prevent me from running it. First: only 6 orders, including the LT order. I really don't want to fall below 7 orders. Second: no netrods to keep your Posthuman in the game if the active body bites it. I'm also worried about the lack of redundancy - if the myrmidon dies, you lose smoke, which is pretty important. I think ALEPH has to choose between Achillies or an Asura. Using both requires a lot of nasty sacrifices.

kaorti on
    edited May 2012
    Huh, I forgot about those couple things. In that case, if you want to risk not running a hacker, trade the Deva hacker for a Netrod and second Myrmidon. If you really think your backfield is safe ish, you can even try swapping the Mk 3 Posthuman for a hacker, though I'm not too sure about that one.

If you REALLY want to go all-out and put all your eggs in one basket, try this one for size:
    61.png ALEPH

GROUP 1 (Regs: 7/Irrs: 0):

61_5.pngMARUT Lieutenant MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW (122 | 3)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:18 BS:15 PH:17 WIP:15 ARM:8 BTS:-9 STR:3
    sep.gifECM, Multiterrain, Multispectral Visor L2, Lieutenant, Strategos L3

61_9.pngMYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW (39 | 1)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:12 PH:13 WIP:14 ARM:2 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifMartial Arts L3, ODD: Optical Disruptor, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Chain of Command

245 Points | SWC: 4.5

ARMY CODE:
    eNozM1Q1VTNUM6wxVjMCkpZgtqGBmgGIMkWhzDApAKm9DYk=

Army Infinity v.3.0.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    So the April releases are finally announced in May.

PanO Gabriele De Fersen
    WWwxE.jpg

Yu Jing support pack
    eI8cx.jpg

Haqqislam Odalisques (new weapon options as well, and a brand new weapon, the submachine gun, unless they count it as an assault pistol)
    OBmbu.jpg

Nomad Hellcat
    CaCyC.jpg

Aleph Dasyus
    L6zq8.jpg

edited May 2012
    The Odalisques' profile has been updated too. They have a new rule (Forget the name) that amounts to a sub-Link Team. Stipulation is that you take one model with the rule (Costs 1 SWC) and they can have up to two more models of that unit type, following all other Link Team rules. That specific model does not have to be the unit leader, either. It's a smaller, 3-man Link Team that supports your main one, pretty much.

The SMG is a Pow 13 Shock gun with Burst 3. Its optimal range is from 0-16, dropping straight to -6 beyond that. Not E/M-able. For 25 points you can take an Odalisque with an SMG and a Contender!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    The Odalisques' profile has been updated too. They have a new rule (Forget the name) that amounts to a sub-Link Team. Stipulation is that you take one model with the rule (Costs 1 SWC) and they can have up to two more models of that unit type, following all other Link Team rules. That specific model does not have to be the unit leader, either. It's a smaller, 3-man Link Team that supports your main one, pretty much.

So basically a rule representing their bodyguard role?

Yup.

makosig.jpg
    Apparently the 'Haris' skill isn't a bodyguard skill.

What it does is let you make a second fireteam link.

Odalisques have Haris Lv 1, which means you can link them into a 3 man Haris team, which works like a fireteam. The condition is that you cannot mix unit types in the Haris link (so the Odalisque Haris has to be all Odalisques). It's also not limited to sectorials, apparently. While Odalisques are AVA 2 in a normal Haqqislam force, it still means you can make a 2 model Haris link.

Yeah, I explained it above. It's pretty much a secondary link team you bring in for an SWC. Pretty neat.

You can't make a Haris team in a normal Haqqislam force. The Haris rule says that it follows all other link team rules besides those describing how you form one and how many you can take. You can't make a 2-person link team. You can only make a link team with Linkable models. Odalisques in Qapu Khalqi are Linkable. You simply opt to take a Haris Odalisque for +1 SWC, then grab two more of your choice. You now have a secondary link team to use as needed, preferably supporting the main one.

makosig.jpg
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Thread bump for Infinity interest!

• alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    Sweet mary mother of goats... That's some pretty minis. Is the rulebook really needed or are the downloadable rules from the infinity site enough to get by with if I order up some models?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Alright SJ, you need to show me this game sometime.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

The only thing that the rulebook downloads on the website are missing is the fluff.

Here is the spanish blog which has an awesome army builder for fee. It runs on adobe air, but the most recent version bugs it out a bit. It's worth googling around a bit to figure out which version of air makes it work.

Here is a download for a re-edited rulebook .pdf. It's a bit easier to parse than the official downloads and uses authentic rules text.

• leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ok I should have asked this sooner, and I know nothing of the game besides that I want to get a couple models while the sale is on at maelstrom.

Right now I'm torn between Aleph and Nomads. I want nice looking women and robots, because to me I just want something that's like Ghost in the Shell. For playstyle I ALWAYS choose point heavy, tough but very limited number armies. So I was wanting something that requires a bit more trickery and finesse, and I don't know enough of the game to make an informed decision.

Right now it's either Aleph with a posthuman/asuras.sophotect or a start pack
    Nomads, Justidictional Cmd/Reverend Custodiers or salyut zonds/tsyklon sputniks.

Keep in mind I have no idea what any of this shit does, I'm just hoping to come across a balanced choice basing everything on "is it pretty?"

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited June 2012
    I play ALEPH. They're fun - very high stats, good abilities and equipment on their models. Their more expensive models tend to be very durable and dangerous.

They have four big downsides:
    1) They have very limited listbuilding options, their good models are expensive and their cheap models can't be brought to the table without expensive support models.
    2) They have extremely limited access to heavy weapons. Models with good stats almost never have access to the best weapons. This is a big deal.
    3) Their lieutenants are almost always obvious. An experienced opponent will be able to scalpel out your chain of command and run you off the board if you aren't careful.
    4) They have trouble bringing enough orders to the table to make best use of their expensive models. Every listbuilding decision will be a hard one.

Nomads are a dirty tricks faction which I'm not especially familiar with. I know that they have access to some of the best hackers and specialist infantry in the game. They've got a nasty guided missile list where they can mark a target and shoot it without ever entering line of sight. If you play nomads, expect your opponent to call bullshit on some of the things you do.

Regarding the first few models you buy:
    I recommend the starter sets for each faction. They'll give you a decent cross-section of models for you to learn the game with. Once you've got some play under your belt you'll have a better understanding of the stats and abilities, and you'll be able to make informed choices when you buy more models.

I'd hold off on buying posthumans for a while. They've got a lot of complicated rules and make listbuilding even harder than usual for ALEPH. If you get a sophotect you also need to buy a few yudbots - they're sold individually in packs which also contain a netrod. You want three of each anyway, so buy 3 of those packs.

For nomads- reverend custodiers are definitely good, and the sputniks look good too. I'd shy away from the jurisdictional command starter. It's a sub-faction starter meant to get you on the way to building sectoral lists. I don't recommend starting with sectorals.

home some of that helps.

edit: Oh, and here's the rules wiki. It's linked from the devil team army builder and it's a great way to look up specific rules and items.

kaorti on
    kaorti wrote: »
    The only thing that the rulebook downloads on the website are missing is the fluff.

Here is the spanish blog which has an awesome army builder for fee. It runs on adobe air, but the most recent version bugs it out a bit. It's worth googling around a bit to figure out which version of air makes it work.

Here is a download for a re-edited rulebook .pdf. It's a bit easier to parse than the official downloads and uses authentic rules text.

Bolded for emphasis. The main rulebook (the free one anyway) has one of the worst layouts I've ever seen.
    Alright SJ, you need to show me this game sometime.

Done.

SJ wrote: »
    kaorti wrote: »

Bolded for emphasis. The main rulebook (the free one anyway) has one of the worst layouts I've ever seen.

Truth. I tried to figure the rules out reading the rulebook, and found it pretty impossible.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Kaorti lets say I wanted to build a dirty tricks AELPH force based around black ops, stealth and so on

So not Myrmydons, and more Dasyus and Nagas

what kind of stuff would I want for that force

I have a list which is basically made off the models available (mostly

but I don't even know if it is fully legal or not!
    Deva Functionary Lieutenant (Combi-Rifle Nanopulsar + Devabot) - 26pts
    Deva Functionary Hacker (Combi-Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 35pts
    Dasyu (Combi-Rifle, Nanopulsar, Antipersonnel Mines) - 35pts
    Dasyu (MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 48pts
    Dasyu Forward Observer (Combi Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 37pts
    Naga (MULTI Sniper Rifle) - 39pts
    Naga (Combi-Rifle, Mono-Filament Mines) - 32pts
    Dakini Tacbot (HMG) - 22pts
    Dakini Tacbot (Combi-Rifle) - 13pts
    Dakini Tacbot (Combi-Rifle) - 13pts
    =299pts

Solar on
    edited June 2012
    Use Infinity Army to build and export your list. You can also check the legality of it with the little checkmark.

But: Dasyu are only AVA 2. And don't bother using up SWC's on line troops - there's no reason to have a Dakini with an HMG. Those are what are referred to as 'cheerleaders' and it isn't really worth investing in them before you've got the rest of your list set up.

SJ on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad they finally replaced that awful catgirl medic

Though perhaps that medic may have been the reason SJ took an interest in Infinity

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Honestly sometimes I wonder why I like this game so much because I hate anime

Because deep down inside, you love it.

In all seriousness, though. Fucking Combined. There was this variant of seed soldier that my opponent has never bothered to field until he actually paid attention to what it had. Which is to say, this thing was nuts. It's the Seed Soldier that comes with AD3. Pod drops down from the sky, lands somewhere, has an anti-personnel mine strapped to it. It also has a stronger version of the Aswang's vampire ability, which allows it to steal a model's physical statline (Movement, CC, BS, PH) if it does a long action against its chosen target within its control zone. If it kills that model, it permanently keeps that statline.

So yeah. One of them jacked Achilles's statline. Actually didn't get to do much aside from luckily finishing off my poor Marut (It's been coming in and out of wrecked for most of the game) , but... still. Them things can be pretty damn annoying.

makosig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.