As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [PHALLA] to Restore Sanity and/or Fear GAME OVER! EC WIN!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    My god. My god, people.

TehSpectre lives on the edge.

Steven Tyler lives on the edge.

Steven Tyler is an entertainer.

TehSpectre is an entertainer.

TEHSPECTRE IS A DAILY SHOW CORRESPONDENT! It's so SIMPLE if you just open your eyes to the truth.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I can tell you this (I have been asked) I will not be letting any of my contacts in on the names of the others.

I don't know if that's better or worse!

1) If you are mafia, the mafia now has even more info and no one else does.
    2) If you are village, you just made yourself into a target and all that info gathering is gonna die with you.

It depends on how cleverly it has all been structured. Spectre may have a power that keeps him relatively safe from the folks over at Comedy Central, which could have prompted him to come out with this plan to begin with. It could also prompt other powers to be used in certain ways that can build trust, which expands the circle of useful knowledge and cooperation. Really can go both ways.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    This thread is becoming Sunday News Show boring you hacks, we need to liven it up with some fancy stuff, holograms and panic i mean situation rooms.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    At the very least, information will shared, just not names.

I will also be releasing this information to the thread nightly.

At the very least, I intend to give the village some information to work with on night one.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    NichNich Registered User regular
    Huh, interesting, TehSpectre. I guess we'll have to wait and see what you have, for that.

3DS friend code: 3523-3358-5049
    Proud owner of the Veggie, Constellation and Cephalothorax badges
  • Options
    Actually, big news will be released shortly. Say, an hour and a half or so.

My plan worked better than I expected.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    A pre-announcement announcement? Only a truly devoted journalist shares that kind of information!

• Options
    ragnarok7331ragnarok7331 Registered User regular
    Tonight's Top Story...

Moving Avatars - Does America Realize the Danger?

A recent poll shows that only 27% of Americans know that those with moving avatars are terrorist sympathizers. But the liberal media refuses to cover this story. They claim that moving avatars are simply a mark of so-called "cultural diversity". Yet beyond the political correctness, we all know the truth.

The same poll says that 80% of Americans don't realize the threat that that these menaces pose to America. It's because those Harvard elitists are telling us to ignore our own common sense. But I believe in America. And deep down, every time one of them catches our eye, we know what our heart is telling us. We know what the truth is.

I regret that I only have one vote to give to my country, for the moving avatar threat is a growing danger. But I know in my gut that !Houn is really trying to destroy Amercia. He thinks that he's a funny man, but deep down, we all know the truth.

People seem to me missing my vote for !Houn, and that terrorist-sympathizer must be brought to justice the sake of Amercia.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Action Alert Update
    Savant
    !Houn

#dogpilesforRomney

Deebaser on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Good afternoon everyone. I'm sure this is consider old news, but for those you just tuning into the news for the day, the credibility of the news media is now in jeopardy. Comedians from Comedy Central's The Daily Show and possibly The Colbert Report have infiltrated several news organizations that enough people consider credible, though some of them really aren't.

To make matters worse, people from both sides of the aisle are viewing this as an opportunity to discredit those they disagree with by any means necessary. Given the level of hyperbole that we're already seeing this is going to make it harder for journalists like me, who are grown up enough to accept that others can have differing beliefs, without being American hating scum. In some causes it's hard to tell if it's someone playing partisan gains by misrepresenting the facts or a comedians posing as a newscaster, I guess Poe's Law might be in the hospital for awhile so to speak.

One of the upsides to my show being shown in the afternoon, is that it gives me a chance to evaluate my peers' early reporting in the hopes of weeding out one these comedians early on. As a conservative I don't agree with Houn, it's possible he is one of the comedians but with so little to go on and the understanding that it's not just the people at The Daily Show trying to reshape our news media. I just can't vote for him at this time because I refuse to be a tool for partisans.

Savant on the other hand has said some rather silly things at this point. As a conservative, I'm going to feel insulted if he isn't one of the comedians because what he says is so far out of line. I also find it a little suspicious that at this point that Houn has pulled so far ahead in the vote at this point when people started voting against Savant. At my own personal risk and possible intentionally jumping on a bandwagon, at this point in time I suspect Savant is a comedian.

Ladies an gentlemen, that's it for your afternoon, news.

• Options
    Remember guys, if you PM me, you must include Enlightenedbum in on the conversation

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This Phalla has provided greatly entertaining posts. I think I'm just going to vote along with whatever reasoning makes me laugh that most :lol:.

What is the count, out of curiosity?

For future reference a role call would be ina situation where we have a confirmed village head, ie someone that we all publicly know is good-aligned. Then that person says something akin to, "Everyone PM me your role name otherwise I assume you are mafia." That is not allowed.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Remember guys, if you PM me, you must include Enlightenedbum in on the conversation

Remember guys, you should not be telling TehSpectre anything you wouldn't be comfortable posting in the thread.

Remember guys, if you PM TehSpectre information, you could be telling the mafia information.

Steam profile
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    kime wrote: »
    This Phalla has provided greatly entertaining posts. I think I'm just going to vote along with whatever reasoning makes me laugh that most :lol:.

For future reference a role call would be ina situation where we have a confirmed village head, ie someone that we all publicly know is good-aligned. Then that person says something akin to, "Everyone PM me your role name otherwise I assume you are mafia." That is not allowed.

kime is correct

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

Remember guys, you should not be telling TehSpectre anything you wouldn't be comfortable posting in the thread.

Remember guys, if you PM TehSpectre information, you could be telling the mafia information.
    Jealous of my information gathering skills, kime?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    My friends, just moments ago I received word that !DeeBaser launched an attack on me completely unprovoked. Now, I'm not saying that he's a Daily Show Correspondent, but he still hasn't provided any evidence that he's not a member of their team while simultaniously engaging in the classic mafia tactic of hopping out of the shadows and onto a bandwagon with no supporting information given for his vote, all in an attempt to keep himself out of the public's eye.

It's the same tactic used by Al'Jazeera Guerillas in Desert Storm, and employed by Daily Show staff today. Don't let the terrorists win, America. Don't be blind to the repetition of history!

flagpin.jpg

• Options
    As of 4PM Eastern Time, polls have been open for ~17 hours and only ~30% of the media base has voted. Truly, a reflection on these modern times.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    BREAKING: Deebaser TRIES TO DROP Savant OUT OF SECOND; Mill DRAGS HIM BACK IN.
    Houn 7
    Assuran 3
    LoserforHireX 3
    Savant 3
    spool32 3

source

I would rather kill someone who plays more frequently. So.... @Assuran, @LoserForHireX, battle it out! The loser dies to the vote.

(Seriously, let's not vote out new people/people that haven't played in years on the first day)

Steam profile
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Some in the lamestream media can't handle citizen journalism and have decided to put me in the crosshairs.

WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE, HOUN?

• Options
    You've gotten soft, kime. They knew the risks!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options

I think it's ultimately harmless, for now. If he can produce verifiable pro-news information, it's to our benefit. If he can't, we can lynch him tomorrow, as these sorts of gambits do the town more harm then good. But yeah, I'm personally not telling him anything until it's clear he's pro news.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Early exit polling suggests that this race is too close to call. Fully 69.23% of voters polled say they have laughed at least once in the past week, suggesting comedic support could be running high. This troubling news comes at a time when some are increasingly concerned about the integrity of the Fourth Estate...

spool32 on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Getting a little defensive over two votes, aren't we Deebaser?

Classic MafiaDaily Show. Classic.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I say we should ask the tough questions. The hard questions.

Who is houn? What are his qualifications? Why should we be voting for him?

really, someone tell me why we are voting for him.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I'm mostly just jealous you exploited them before I could. If I can't know everything and destroy everyone, then no one can!
    Nich wrote: »

I think it's ultimately harmless, for now. If he can produce verifiable pro-news information, it's to our benefit. If he can't, we can lynch him tomorrow, as these sorts of gambits do the town more harm then good. But yeah, I'm personally not telling him anything until it's clear he's pro news.

I respectfully disagree. I think you should change your mind before I am forced to release these incriminating photos.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Actually, I do have a long standing grudge against LoserForHireX for telling my Clan Head I wasn't who I actually was accidentally during the VTM game last November. Nothing like being vigged by your own clan. Sure, he apologized, but you vengeance, etc.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    I say we should ask the tough questions. The hard questions.

Who is houn? What are his qualifications? Why should we be voting for him?

really, someone tell me why we are voting for him.

Because it's day one. Why would you need another reason on day one :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    As of 4PM Eastern Time, polls have been open for ~17 hours and only ~30% of the media base has voted. Truly, a reflection on these modern times.
    Incorrect; ~30% have not voted (69.23% reporting in).

Rius

My firm belief in the 5-party system discounts all votes not registered for the top five candidates in any particular race or runoff.

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Early exit polling suggests that this race is too close to call. Fully 69.23% of voters polled say they have laughed at least once in the past week, suggesting comedic support could be running high. This troubling news comes at a time when some are increasingly concerned about the integrity of the Fourth Estate...

It's about time for an outsider to jump in and shake things up. Rasmussen's latest polls indicate 82% of people agree with me on this point. TDS has shown no interest in civil discourse and we need to carefully maintain our neutral reputation.

• Options

I'm mostly just jealous you exploited them before I could. If I can't know everything and destroy everyone, then no one can!
    Nich wrote: »

I respectfully disagree. I think you should change your mind before I am forced to release these incriminating photos.

Don't you dare kime! We had a deal!

• Options
    In the case of a tie vote, you say "Everyone dies." Do you just mean the people that were tied? Them, as well as the person who tied it? .....literally everyone?

What is the order of actions?

Steam profile
  • Options
    I need to make a damn spreadsheet will all the people PMing me

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    In the case of a tie vote, you say "Everyone dies." Do you just mean the people that were tied? Them, as well as the person who tied it? .....literally everyone?

The tied people die.

Null -> Guard -> Other Random Stuff -> Vigs -> Vote -> Seers

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular

1. Spectre, Teh
    2. See above
    C. Ibid.
    IV. ^
    5. enlightenedbum

If the list above is not accurate, I will be sad.

• Options

I hate everyone.

The tied people die.

I....see. Then does that mean the vote trickles?

Steam profile
  • Options

The tied people die.

Does the vote trickle?

Sorry, that should be = not ->. Everyone that dies dies simultaneously.

• Options
    Are you surprised by the large amount of people PMing me? :p

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Are you surprised by the large amount of people PMing me? :p

Clarification denied

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    It is far better to vote one's conscience than to simply vote for a candidate just because everyone else is.

!AngelHedgie

fuck gendered marketing