As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Futurama - Bender's back, baby!

• AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll just shoot Hitler out the window.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If no one objects, I'll compose a new OP for us since we've hit the semi-phenomenal nearly cosmic universal 100 page limit.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I thought he was going to say that he shot JFK by accident for extra conspiracy goodness.

815165 on
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    815165 wrote: »

I thought he was going to say that he shot JFK by accident for extra conspiracy goodness.
    Eleanor Roosevelt was funnier.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Hmm, after seeing it a second time
    I wonder what happened to the Fry/Farnesworth/Bender set from the second universe? The one where the professor fell again? They didn't kill them, so why didn't they end up in the same universe as the first group?

Or did the professor in that group screw up again, going further into the future and missing yet another group that would then go to the future and mess up an-

Oh my I've gone cross-eyed

It explains the paradox perfectly!
    Fry 1 is in universe 3, Fry 3 is dead, and Fry 2 never went anywhere due to the Professor not being obsessed with time travel, having no Hitler to kill.

I don't know if that's what the writers had intended. But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and start a slow clap now.
    Feel free to join in, you know, if you feel it too.

see317 on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Overall, a really good episode.
    I felt like some of the earlier time travel stuff could have been better, but overall, the episode was well done, and quite funny.
    "We've solved the time paradox!"

I was a bit irked by
    how technically, most of the characters we knew from the entire series up to this point are dead and gone. I'll get past it, but it's just... I don't know, weird.

I figured it was
    More that time simply resets at the end of the universe, so it's still the same cast. Maybe a couple changes where killing hitler is involved. Or in this new case. Eleanor Roosevelt

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to the Fry/Farnesworth/Bender set from the second universe? The one where the professor fell again? They didn't kill them, so why didn't they end up in the same universe as the first group?

Or did the professor in that group screw up again, going further into the future and missing yet another group that would then go to the future and mess up an-

Fry 1 is in universe 3, Fry 3 is dead, and Fry 2 never went anywhere due to the Professor not being obsessed with time travel, having no Hitler to kill.

Actually, if you consider it to be "paired" universes, there is no paradox.

Fry 1 skips over Universe 2 and continues on to Universe 3, where the paradox is ended.
    Fry 2 skips over Universe 3 and continues on to Universe 4, where the paradox is ended.

Because Fry 3 and Fry 4 were killed, there is no continuation past this point. So the time loop is closed and the paradox doomfield collapsed to a singularity.

I don't know if that's what the writers had intended. But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and start a slow clap now.

Heffling on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heffling wrote: »

Fry 1 skips over Universe 2 and continues on to Universe 3, where the paradox is ended.
    Fry 2 skips over Universe 3 and continues on to Universe 4, where the paradox is ended.

Because Fry 3 and Fry 4 were killed, there is no continuation past this point. So the time loop is closed and the paradox doomfield collapsed to a singularity.

The only problem here, is that it raises the question of whether or not Fry 1 really is Fry 1. Odds are we're seeing just another random do-over of the universe, not the very first one. And since it's an odd-numbered universe, the three we saw should have been killed before ever entering the time machine.

Then again, it's established that each universe can have slight variations, so maybe the universe two universe back had a slight tweak to it that for whatever reason stopped the experiment from ever taking place.

Speed Racer on
  • Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heffling wrote: »

The only problem here, is that it raises the question of whether or not Fry 1 really is Fry 1. Odds are we're seeing just another random do-over of the universe, not the very first one. And since it's an odd-numbered universe, the three we saw should have been killed before ever entering the time machine.

Then again, it's established that each universe can have slight variations, so maybe the universe two universe back had a slight tweak to it that for whatever reason stopped the experiment from ever taking place.

It would, and that slight tweak (in universe -2) in would be fry/bender/prof being crushed by the time travelers from two more universes back (universe -4).

Okay that was confusing as hell but basically

Universe -4: Fry time travels and disappears
    Universe -3: Is skipped over by -4 Fry, while this Fry also time travels and disappears
    Universe -2: The fry from this universe is crushed by the -4 Fry, thus he never goes to Universe 1 and kills the Fry in the show
    Universe -1: crushed by -3 Fry, also does not inferfere with the next loop
    Universe 1: Main universe Fry came from in the episode
    Universe 2: Skipped over by universe 1 Fry, this Fry goes into the future
    Universe 3: This Fry is crushed by 1 Fry
    Universe 4: This Fry is crushed by 2 Fry

Closed loops that can repeat forever without interfering with each other

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay yeah that does work then

Speed Racer on
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i just watched the 6th episode with Bender and inspector numero cinco and it was fantabulous.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    New Futurama on June 20th!

Episode list below!

115 1 "The Bots and the Bees" Stephen Sandoval Eric Horsted June 20, 2012
    Bender impregnates Bev, the new Planet Express soda machine, who gives birth to a son named Ben. As his mother lacks arms, Ben does not inherit his father's bending ability.

116 2 "A Farewell to Arms" Raymie Muzquiz Josh Weinstein June 20, 2012
    An ancient prophecy predicts the world will end in 3012.

117 3 "Decision 3012" Dwayne Carey-Hill Patric M. Verrone June 27, 2012
    Leela becomes a campaign manager for a presidential candidate whose birth certificate is missing. Richard Nixon runs for Earth presidency yet again in the 3012 presidential elections. His opponent's legitimacy is called into question when he is incapable of providing an 'Earth Certificate' to prove that he is of Earthly origins.[2]

118 4 "The Thief of Baghead" Edmund Fong Dan Vebber July 4, 2012
    Bender wants to take a photo of an actor whose face has never been seen so he joins the paparazzi.

119 5 "Zapp Dingbat" Frank Marino Eric Rogers July 11, 2012
    Zapp Brannigan loses interest in Leela and instead turns his attentions towards her mother, Turanga Munda.

120 6 "The Butterjunk Effect" Crystal Chesney-Thompson Michael Rowe

121 7 "The Six Million Dollar Mon" Peter Avanzino Ken Keeler
    Hermes replaces parts of his body with robotic counterparts so as to increase his productivity.

122 8 "Fun on a Bun" Stephen Sandoval Dan Vebber

123 9 "Free Will Hunting" Frank Marino David X. Cohen

124 10 "Near-Death Wish" Lance Kramer Eric Horsted
    Professor Farnsworth's parents are found to still be alive on the Near-Death Star.

125 11 "31st Century Fox" Edmund Fong Patric M. Verrone
    Calculon takes part in an acting contest where losers are put to death.

126 12 "Viva Mars Vegas" Frank Marino Josh Weinstein

127 13 "Naturama" Crystal Chesney-Thompson Eric Rogers, Michael Saikin, Neil Mukhopadhya

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Ahahaha oh my god episodes 1 and 11 sound amazing.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular

Ooh, nice birthday present!

In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Raakam wrote: »
    i just watched the 6th episode with Bender and inspector numero cinco and it was fantabulous.

It's one of the better new episodes, yeah. The sequence at the end is amazing, with perfect musical accompaniment too. ( 'Little Bird, Little Bird' by Elizabeth Mitchell)

Very reminiscent in presentation to the Pizzicato Five sequence at the end of the "Leela's Homeworld" episode, which itself was one of the better episodes from its respective season.

Good stuff.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    "But I don't see how it's her."

"Did someone say Howitzer?!"

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

Episode list below!

115 1 "The Bots and the Bees" Stephen Sandoval Eric Horsted June 20, 2012
    Bender impregnates Bev, the new Planet Express soda machine, who gives birth to a son named Ben. As his mother lacks arms, Ben does not inherit his father's bending ability.

The son is promptly thrown into the pit of hell to fuel benders unholy pirate assault on god.

steam_sig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    This Wednesday, gentlemen! Set your phasers to "fun!"

...I don't know why I said that.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Its kind of scary comedy central has been using the confused fry meme for commercials

oo8lT.jpg

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Scary awesome. I cracked up the first time I saw it.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    they are also using

"need a new promo? why not ZOIDBERG"

and

"New Futurama is good, and you should feel good"

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    also 'Your promo is bad and and you should feel bad"

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Mmm, just a few short hours before new Futurama!

Comedy Central evidently has a 13-episode run in place to cover the rest of the summer, too, all the way until August 29th.

So hyped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DbAs203r3Y

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    My double post is bad and I should feel bad

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Bummed there is no way in robot hell I make it to 10 pm awake

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    New episode 1: OK

New episode 2: Wonderful!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Not getting the Tron: Legacy hate.

Pretty meh on both of these episodes so far. Doesn't seem as clever as last season.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I thought new episode 2 worked solely on the back of Scruffy's great one-liners.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Scruffy is always wonderful, and somehow hasn't been overused

also I just realized: the show is now in 3012, which means that Fry is now 37 biologically

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    The only part I didn't really get into was their arms ripping off. I found that kinda bizarre and out of left field.

Yes, more bizarre than two planets being within feet of each other traveling at a casual pace.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    The only part I didn't really get into was their arms ripping off. I found that kinda bizarre and out of left field.

Yes, more bizarre than two planets being within feet of each other traveling at a casual pace.

Well that's par for the course.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Yeah both episodes were great, and then episode two got weird. Still, both great.
    I thought the hand gag would end up with fry asking for leelas hand, in marriage. But that might be retreading old ground from the original finale.

steam_sig.png
    Oh Scruffy:
    "It's authentic."

"What level of viscosity?"

"You guys done with the computer?"

"Don't thank me. Thank my friend, the ladder."

• BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    I wish I could store memories in my boob.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Not getting the Tron: Legacy hate.

Pretty meh on both of these episodes so far. Doesn't seem as clever as last season.

People keep saying this every season

It's hogwash, both episodes were great.

override367 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i laughed pretty hard at the robot floozie needing to loosen up with a screwdriver

• hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    My Poli Sci girlfriend didn't laugh nearly as hard as I did at the Poli Sci joke.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    The Second episode was called "A Farewell to Arms".

Hehehe.

Title joke.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."