As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [PHALLA] to Restore Sanity and/or Fear GAME OVER! EC WIN!

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    wat? damn I should be faster.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    can i just say im super surprised that both kime and tehspectre have survived this far.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Shhh, you're gonna jinx it.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Day 4 - The Circle of Greed

From the private diary of Edward R. Murrow's spirit

"Why do these souls have nothing?"
    "They're being punished for selling themselves."
    "Prostitution? In journalism hell?"
    "No, for things like corporate speaking engagements."
    "Oh, so David Broder is around here somewhere?
    "You would think so, but he never showed up. Curious thing, that."

Top story tonight: multiple Daily Show losses. First, Glenn Greenwald of Salon.com posted a special story about how he had uncovered terrible civil rights abuses by Assuran aka Wyatt Cenac. Specifically, Mr. Cenac was systematically stealing from tip jars at his local Starbucks. Oh, the humanity! Mr. Cenac was found and kicked out of the Fox News Building in New York, with a puppet that looked stunningly like former RNC Chair Michael Steele.

Later, Michael Moore released a documentary film dedicated to the birthplace of one shalmelo aka Samantha Bee. It turns out that Ms. Bee was actually a Canadian and not American at all. Clearly she could not possibly be a major member of the US media and must be a funny person, like all of those other Canadians (or a hockey player). Having been found out, she quit to spend more time with her many, many children.

The Daily Show had planned on using their first week of segments to attacking MrTLicious despite his being a frequent guest of and friend of the show, but the man utterly failed to provide them with footage, concentrating his coverage on real, hard news that actually helped to inform the American people. Stunned, the whole week was scrapped and re-done as hastily put together segments mocking the British Royal family.

The second week went better for them. They found a ton of footage and blog posts of Oats aka Erick Erickson to mock. Mr. Erickson has said a lot of tremendously stupid things on his way towards getting hired by CNN, most notably calling former Supreme Court Justice David Souter a "goat-****ing child molester." The popular conservative blog, Red State, would have serious trouble attracting traffic and affecting out comes without their founder.

Meanwhile, in his monthly "Back in Black" segment, Lewis Black went after Mill aka Shepard Smith, hard. No one is quite sure, as Mr. Smith was perhaps the only member of Fox News who was widely respected, even on the left, as a fair voice worth listening to. He was particularly popular on the internet. Perhaps his support for Ole Miss football had something to do with it? Regardless, Black pointed out several of his more moderate comments and asked "How is this man working for Fox News?" Fox agreed, and fired him.

Mark Ames released another blistering series of accusation today, claiming Massyx of being an anti-labor, Milton Friedman fanboy who is enabling the nation's descent into oligarchy. However, Daily Show correspondent Al Madrigal continued his series of exposes on Ames colourful past, ensuring that once again no one would take his claims seriously.

Rush Limbaugh took aim at one warban aka Josh Marshall this week, attacking the site he edited, Talking Points Memo, of being clearly biased towards the left. Mr. Marshall moved towards the right to counter the charge, as any Villager would, and promptly lost his entire readership. Considering the number of attacks aimed at TPM Muckraker over the past few weeks, I'm not sure he'll be terribly missed by the leaders of the Village.

Though there were brief pushes for kime, lonelyahava, and Thanatos, the Village eventually settled on Neli aka Megan McArdle. While she didn't turn out to have been a Daily Show members, at least an economics editor who sucks at math and doesn't understand numbers of correlation had finally been removed from circulation. (Editor's note: I HAAAAAAAATE Megan McArdle. Like, she's #4 in the whole Phalla.)

Results:
    Neli - Megan McArdle (internet conservative), voted out
    warban - Josh Marshall (internet liberal), intimidated
    Mill - Shepard Smith (internet), ranted about
    Oats - Erick Erickson (internet conservative), Attacked by TDS
    Assuran - Wyatt Cenac (Daily Show), accused of corruption
    shalmelo - Samantha Bee (Daily Show), subject of a documentary film

Cayrus has been replaced by wazilla

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    101011_cheney123_ap_328.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    So, uh, do you guys still not trust me?

Hey, I never questioned you, O Mighty Leader. :P

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    0000oooo000ooo000ooo000

I'm filing an injuction with the NAACP.

0000oooo000ooo000oooo000

• Options
    Also, I need Lewis Black to contact me.

Mill was a member of the network and it is a shame this crossfire occurred.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    a bad day for the internet, it seems.

a good day for serious news.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    PMs should be out, etc. etc. etc.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    0000oooo000ooo000oooo000

shepard-smith-portrait-0309-lg.jpg

It's a sad day in journalism when good reporters, such as myself, are removed from the air for not being a partisan shill.

0000oooo000ooo000oooo000

(Edit: Included classy photo for great justice)

Mill on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    After seeing that I feel silly about day 1.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    noice

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    oooooooooooooooooooo

Look at me still talking when there is dying to do, On the people who are still alive.

Still alive, Still alive.

oooooooooooooooooo

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    That is a pleasing amount of green.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    OooOOOoOoOOOOOoOOOooOOOooo

samantha_bee.jpg

OoOOOooOOOoOOoOoOOoooOoOOOo

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    also, kagera.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Mr. Cheney I am not sure why you think Lewis Black would contact you - isn't he a TDS?

• Options
    LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So uhh... the "move the vote to Assuran" wagon was the primary basis I had for voting for kime, thinking at the time it was incredibly unlikely that both houn and assuran were TDS, because when is the village that lucky. But kime shifted his vote from one mafia... to another? I am all confused now.

Edit update: I looked over yesterday, Thanatos seems a bit odd. If somebody can clarify the wtf from day 1 I am willing to continue considering kime a suspect. I'm probably going to vote for one of those two unless something more convincing presents itself.

LordFizzlebeef on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    ooooo

You suckers voted out an innocent guy whose special power was "can't do math". Good job nincompoops

oooooo

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Justice has been served!

It's a shame she's blind as a bat.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    'Back in black' is a TDS segment so I'd assume that's an extra TDS kill. his other work seems to be strictly related to comedy and not to politics, so I doubt he's something in-between.

• Options
    It's odd that he wouldn't just show up at TDS, though, isn't it?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    AngelHedgie

• Options
    Mafia vig rather than group kill, it's still in the 'TDS section' of the narration as 'it happened' during their show

• Options
    Looking over the OP (a bit late) Colbert is mentioned, but he hasn't done anything in narration so I doubt he's a SK (no kills)

If he were mafia I'd assume he had a kill like lewis black. So maybe he isn't in.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    lonelyahava

I have yet to hear a village sheeping speech despite how much it is happening.

• Options
    Also, I would encourage everyone to read the part where TDS tried to kill me.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Yeah Ive never seen a dude get mentioned by forum name (as opposed to role name) when he didnt die.

That is weird. That is a weird thing that happened there.

• Options
    Thanatos did the night before!

Bedlam? More like Doesn'tReadTheNarrationslam

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I skim!

• Options
    We also had a discussion for over a page about how Thanatos was possibly guarded by TDS or maybe the vig was roleblocked etc. etc.

Based on today, it looks like roleblock was almost 100% likely, btw.

• Options
    baronfelbaronfel Would you say I have a _plethora_?Registered User regular
    So is !thanatos a thing that is happening, then? Because my completely spurious and after the fact rationalization from last night is still valid. To me, at least.

(Also I'm going to be out all day and wanted to get a vote in.)

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    OooooooOoOOOOo

Bunch of goat fondling terrorist pig comminazis!

OoOoooOOOoooOO

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    AngelHedgie

See, this stuff, I don't like. Single vote, not on a known bandwagon, no explanation. Now, for all I know, there's some perfectly valid reasoning for why AH should be voted out, but without explanation, it reeks of someone trying to meet the minimum requirement for participation.

If Julius is a special, I would hope that he would have reached out to someone by now and not throw out a vote like that. So, for now, I'm voting him for either being TDS trying to fly under the radar, or, at the very least, useless.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Once again I am proved to be correct about Assuran. Kime is still suspicious to me. But I think it is time to start digging through who bandwagoned early on the votes to push away from Assuran. Maybe A5ehren should be targeted. Thanatos, you are on notice as well. But I am not sure but he smells funny to me. Spectre, you are awful at choosing vote targets. Awful! But the vigs were decent.

Also Ahava maybe dangerous but I would like someone with more time to check the votes today.

John Stewart, you light up my life...

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Well, !Julius hasn't contacted me and been a thorn in my side, so I don't mind voting for him.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ragnarok7331ragnarok7331 Registered User regular
    I'm not sure why the mafia would try to bandwagon votes away from one of their members to another. So Kime and A5ehren, while they helped save a mafia, they also helped kill a mafia. So...I'm less sure about their guilt now.

Without any other leads to go off of, I'm going to have to go with !Thanatos.

• Options
    Oops. [color=red!Julius[/color]

Also, It's nice to see your love for Mr. Stewart hasn't waned, Maz.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    oh. my. god.

!Julius

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg