As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, June 25, 2012 - Good Problems

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited June 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    A car is a major plus in any relationship.

• Marie AugustMarie August Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    But so is having super powers.

banner3.jpg
    Read my fairy tale webcomic, The Fox & The Firebird, at: http://www.fairytaletwisted.com
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    "girl trubs"

delightful

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    What game is this?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    What game is this?

An exclusive for the Nickelodeon console.
    It's the Cartoon "Avatar: The Legend of Korra"

• JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    I very much approve of this comic, if only for the fact that Mako said "girl trubs".

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    But so is having super powers.

Not if you piss off the person with super powers.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    God, thanks for reminding me about the stupid love triangle subplot for the show.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    No they are not.
    Asami has a heart.
    Therefore, Asami wins...
    Sure, Korra might have a heart behind the speech bubble, but we don't know. It's Schrödinger's Heart...
    To be fair, I haven't the faintest clue who either is.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    No idea what this comic is about but in theory this could make an interesting plot about how The Avatar struggles to find love because men are intimidated by her powers. I'm sure Buffy already explored that issue actually.

• Babel_MatrixBabel_Matrix Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    God, thanks for reminding me about the stupid love triangle subplot for the show.

Indeed. As much as I enjoyed this cast, that rushed love story could've been done without. You'd think they weren't sure about having more than one season...

mosesisOP.jpg
    Pharaohs need to L2P.
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I've ever laughed so quickly in a PA comic.

"I got girl trubs" got me good.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I'd go with Asami

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Korra is the obvious winner: she could buy a car and if the source of Asami's fragrance is some kind of perfume, Korra could get that too. But you can't buy funny!

• teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    Korra wins because she makes great faces. But Asami got a raw deal, she deserves better.

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Asami's got a shitton of money though. Well maybe. She's got the potential to be a megawealthy heiress if the fortune doesn't evaporate or get confiscated.
    But then Korra is pretty rad, and barring shenanigans will probably still look maybe 40-50 when Mako's decrepit.

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    All this shit is why Mako being the male lead over Bolin is lamesauce. Because if Bolin was up in all this bitch, he'd check out the new lady in one episode, get his pimp on the next, and either getting that sweet sweet avatar state on the next or strike out and spend the rest of the episode getting drunk of ramen. Three episodes tops, this shit is done, win or lose, and we can concentrate on real shit, like that crazy madman that's trying to take over the goddamned city or whatever else. It's all cool to Bolin baby, he's all over that, not spending 11 episodes being a brooding, personality-sucking hardass that is so cursed having to pick between two gorgeous women who wants to totally jump on his fire stick oh no my life is so hard whatever shall I do. No, because Brolin is magna-cum-laude of Broniversity and fuck the world when you gots swagga homie. Fuck Mako yo. Korra vs Asami my ass, it was all about Mako vs Bolin the entire time, ya'll just don't see it.

oh god.
    that feeling
    this is what shipping feels like doesn't it.

I feel unwell

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Are... are you alright? You entered some sort of disassociative trance state.

Delzhand on
  • TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Funny is the avatar
    Smells good, has a car
    Funny is the avatar
    Smells good, has a car
    unce unce unce unce...

checkpointangrybirds.gif
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Are... are you alright? You entered some sort of disassociative trance state.

An image of Bolin making out with Iroh flashed for a splitsecond in my eyes

It scared the shit out of me. But I took some pills and it went away

I think I can handle this. I can keep it suppressed. I got it handled. I'm stronger than it is. I can keep it away...

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    wait, if Asami smells good...that implies that Korra does not smell good.

i think the choice is pretty clear: bigamy to cancel out the smells.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    Another pro for Korra: Her voice actor was never in that M Night Shyamalan movie that does not in fact exist lalalala.

steam_sig.png
  • teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    Another pro for Korra: marrying into Korra's family involves no insane in-laws. Marrying into Asami's? One super f*cking crazy in-law.

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I thought the Avatar was that bald little boy with an arrow on his head for some reason. This is about all the knowledge I have of that series :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    What in the fuck is going on here.

What is this I don't even.
  • marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I thought the Avatar was that bald little boy with an arrow on his head for some reason. This is about all the knowledge I have of that series :P
    That was the old series, which ran for 3 seasons. This is the sequel series, which will run for 2 seasons. They're aiming for story arcs with definite endings.

• SekkyoSekkyo Registered User regular
    Gabe really nailed the look of Bolin. Mako, not so much, but Bolin is perfect.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Pro in the Asami category:

Perfect hair.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • SparroHawcSparroHawc Registered User new member
    I just like how he got the eye colors right.

Incidentally, Asami is way more level-headed than Korra is. I think she'd be a better match for oh god now I'm getting into it. OUT, DAMNED SPOT.

• CandymancerCandymancer Registered User regular
    The problem with hooking up with Korra is you go outside and there actually WILL be a bear out there.

What, like a platypus bear?

steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Pro in the Asami category:

Perfect hair.

AsamiFAB.gif

• JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    Asami does have perfect hair. She also has a much nicer outfit imo. She also straight up threw herself at Mako, but he's all like..."I dunno, maybe I want Korra instead." Even though Asami is already all over him, and is so much purdy.

• AyulinAyulin Registered User regular

Indeed. As much as I enjoyed this cast, that rushed love story could've been done without. You'd think they weren't sure about having more than one season...

Not sure if this is sarcastic, but they weren't. Season 2 was approved when they were pretty much done with making the first one - which was originally going to be a standalone miniseries-type thing.

steam_sig.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The general consensus is that Korra had more chemistry with Bolin in one montage than in an entire season with Mako, and that Asami deserves better than the crap Mako has been pulling in this love triangle.

• HyzeHyze Registered User regular

Well they kind of weren't. It doesn't make much sense given how insanely popular Avatar is, but the show was originally going to be a 12-part mini series. The first season has strong evidence of basically being that given how neatly they wrapped everything up by the end of the finale.

Makes you really wonder what the 2nd season will be about though.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    so, I get the feeling I should get around to watching Korra.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    See this is why no one likes Mako.

Also Korra totally has that car that Tarlock tried to give her.

gotsig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so, I get the feeling I should get around to watching Korra.

@Caulk Bite 6
    seriously, you can watch the entire series online for free, legal and everything

YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE

http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    but I am le tired.

and lazy

jnij103vqi2i.png