As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rex: Fall of an Empire] Game 01 - End of Round 6, Game Over!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    jakobagger pays 10 Influence to BobCesca to deploy 4 units and 1 Mechanized unit to Civilian Spaceport. (Lazax Influence 20 --> 10, Hacan Influence 13 --> 23) Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.

Phyphor moves 9 units from Cultural Center to Holonet Central and deploys 5 units to Sallab Slums. Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.

Alegis is up to close out the Maneuvering Phase.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Move all units from Galactic Council to Adminus Imperialis

Deploy 1 unit from reserve to Adminus Imperialis for 2 influence.

Engage battle (refrain from hitting turtle mode)

• Options
    You've already deployed everything you've got! (11 in Imperial Navy Base, 2 in Adminus Imperialis, 7 in Galactic Council) Movement is still valid, though, if you'd so kindly confirm.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Ah, I forgot to count the free deploy from Jako's turn.

In that case, not spending any money at all! Confirm

• Options
    Round 5

Round 5: Phase 4: Maneuvering Phase Summary

MrBody moves 2 units from Civilian Spaceport to Holonet Central and deploys 11 units to Mecatol Power South. (Jol-Nar Inf --> 11, Hacan Inf --> 18) Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.
    BobCesca moves 2 units from Val Hamech Financial District to Adminus Imperialis and deploys 5 units to Mecatol Power South. (Hacan Inf --> 13) Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.
    Egos takes no maneuvering actions.
    jakobagger deploys 4 units and 1 Mechanized unit to Civilian Space Port. (Lazax Inf --> 10, Hacan Inf --> 23) Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.
    Phyphor moves 9 units from Cultural Center to Holonet Central and deploys 5 units to Sallab Slums. Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.
    Alegis moves 7 units from Galactic Council to Adminus Imperialis.

Current Situation

Rex-PAGame01-R05-4.png

Letnev-40px.pngBarony of Letnev - Egos
    Influence: 0

Deployed Units: 0 Units
    Reserve Units: 17 Units
    Available Leaders: Spy Master (Strength 1), Legate (Strength 2), Magistrate (Strength 3)
    Casualties: 3 Units, Sovereign (Strength 4), Overseer (Strength 6)

Strategy Cards: 6
    Traitor Cards: 4
    Lazax-40px.pngLazax Empire - jakobagger
    Influence: 10

Deployed Units: 12 Units + 3 Mechanized Units
    Reserve Units: 0 Units
    Available Leaders: Centurion (Strength 2), Praetor (Strength 3), Prefect (Strength 3), Chancellor (Strength 5), Mirritar (Strength 6)
    Casualties: 3 Units + 2 Mechanized Units

Strategy Cards: 4
    Traitor Cards: 1

Allied with Sol and Xxcha
    Sol-40px.pngFederation of Sol - Phyphor
    Influence: 11

Deployed Units: 15 Units
    Available Leaders: Commander (Strength 2), Captain (Strength 3), Colonel (Strength 5), General (Strength 6), Admiral (Strength 7)
    Casualties: 5 Units

Strategy Cards: 4

Allied with Xxcha and Lazax
    Xxcha-40px.pngXxcha Kingdom - Alegis
    Influence: 14

Deployed Units: 20 Units
    Available Leaders: Ambassador (Strength 5), Diplomat (Strength 5), Emissary (Strength 5), Envoy (Strength 5), Orator (Strength 5)
    Casualties: 0 Units

Strategy Cards: 3

Allied with Sol and Lazax
    JolNar-40px.pngUniversities of Jol-Nar - MrBody
    Influence: 11

Deployed Units: 20 Units
    Available Leaders: Engineer (Strength 1), Analyst (Strength 2), Factorum (Strength 4), Preceptor (Strength 5), Technocrat (Strength 5)
    Casualties: 0

Allied with Hacan
    Hacan-40px.pngEmirates of Hacan - BobCesca
    Influence: 23

Deployed Units: 14 Units
    Available Leaders: Negotiator (Strength 1), Trade Captain (Strength 2), Smuggler Lord (Strength 4), Merchant Prince (Strength 5)
    Casualties: 6 Units, Master of Lies (Strength 3)

Allied with Jol-Nar

Round 5: Phase 5: Battle Phase

Alegis opts to keep his units face up at the start of the phase. Phyphor has conditional orders to play Double Agent from his hand, opting to peek at MrBody's held Traitor card. Double Agent is discarded.

MrBody has three battles to resolve in the Civilian Spaceport, Holonet Central, and Mecatol Power South, and may choose the order in which he resolves them. After these battles are completed, BobCesca and Alegis will resolve their battle in Adminus Imperialis.

An important note to make here: keep in mind that each Leader may only manage one battle per round, so once they are used, they may not be used again until next round.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Sol and Lazax, don't forget to ask me to block a card. We know he has at least an energy rifle. If you can defend against it, that's cool - I could block his defense or his other attack card.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Macatol Power South first
    Waiting for Xxcha to block a card before I use my racial advantage.

MrBody on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So do I get to know what his traitor is?

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Xxcha please block Bio-Weapon

• Options
    Do I have to wait for Xxcha to confirm the block or do we assume allies just go along with requests?

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    So do I get to know what his traitor is?
    Whoops. Sent.
    MrBody wrote: »
    Do I have to wait for Xxcha to confirm the block or do we assume allies just go along with requests?
    It's a fairly safe assumption, but I would like to get confirmation from Alegis or conditional orders for when he wishes to use or not use his racial advantage towards battles.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Okay jolnars traitor isn't from any of us

• Options
    Block bioweapon

• Options
    Alrighty. MrBody, would you like to request jakobagger to reveal one of his committments?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Reveal troops committed

For Bob's fights, I'll just automatically go along with whatever he wants.

MrBody on
  • Options
    jakobagger has conditional orders to commit 10 strength worth of units.

Battle will be resolved once both players have set their (initial) commitments.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Ok so Blarney sent me a message on what troops, leaders, and card types we've committed. Do I reveal my cards first? Send it to him?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Huh? You should only have gotten committed troops (10) of your opponent.

To Blarney you say how many units you commit, the leader you use and optionally which strategy cards you use.
    Leader is also optional, but if you don't play a leader you can't use cards.

If you have a traitor from the opponent you can specify that if your opponent plays the leader you play the traitor. Revealing traitor happens before the strategy cards are revealed.

Blarney reveals battle outcome.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Leader is actually required, if you have one

• Options
    It's basically like this

[Xxcha power] -> [Jolnar power] -> [Every player secretly commits troops, leader, cards] -> [reveal: troops, leader and how many strategy cards you play (0/1 attack and/or defense cards)] -> [Traitor play if you have it and choose to play it] -> [reveal played strategy cards]

• Options
    Yeah I told him my troops, leader, and type of card, then he messaged me with Jacko's choices. Do we both PM him which specific strategy cards we play now?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah I told him my troops, leader, and type of card, then he messaged me with Jacko's choices. Do we both PM him which specific strategy cards we play now?

The manual is very confusing in the wording of this. It makes it sound like you reveal your leader before everything else (playing it face up) then each player chooses specific cards one at a time.

MrBody on
  • Options
    He shouldn't have messaged you jako's choices before you declared which specific strategy cards you used

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I know what I'm doing, guys. (Sort of.) After jakobagger and MrBody sent me their initial commitments, I sent back what would be public information: the unit strength, the leader, and if they were playing cards. The intent was for players to then send back their specific strategy card choices, after which I would resolve the entire battle in one post. I guess I wasn't clear enough on what I wanted back...

EDIT: To amend Alegis' post about battle resolution, the steps should be that each player commits units, leader, and notes what card types they intend to commit. These values are then revealed simultaneously, after which if a player has claimed to commit a strategy card, it is committed face down. Traitors may then played and then strategy cards are revealed, after which the battle is resolved.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Round 4: Phase 5: Battle Phase

MrBody reveals his initial commitments of 8 units led by the Preceptor (Strength 5), playing an attack card. jakobagger reveals his initial commitments of 10 units led by the Chancellor (Strength 5), playing a defense card. Strategy cards are committed; no traitors are played.

MrBody reveals his Strategy card, a Mercenary. jakobagger reveals his Strategy card, a Magen Energy Shield.

Total strength is 16 Jol-Nar, 15 Lazax; MrBody wins the conflict. jakobagger moves 8 units and 2 Mechanized Units to the casualties and discards Magen Energy Shield. MrBody moves 8 units to the casualties and discards Mercenary.

MrBody, which battle will you fight next?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Damn. Forgot about mercenary cards. Well, at least this was expensive for MrBody as well.

• Options
    Yeah... it's unfortunate, but it was expensive for him and I doubt he has two merc cards

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Hmmm? Shouldn't I only lose 8 while Jacko loses everything? (8 units + 2 mech)

Civilian Space Port next

MrBody on
  • Options
    Sorry about that, got the numbers switched around there. Been doing that a lot lately.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    For each one I'll wait until Xxcha chooses their block.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Conditional order to accept Jako's and Sol's block requests.

I'll have them decide, just in case.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Please block bio-weapon.

• Options
    MrBody is restricted from playing X-35 Biological Weapon, as per conditional orders. MrBody, would you like jakobagger to reveal one of his battle commitments?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    reveal troops committed, would you kindly?

MrBody on
  • Options
    jakobagger has conditional orders to declare 5 strength worth of units to battle.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    they fight, they bite, they fight, they bite

fight fight fight

bite bite bite

• Options
    Round 4: Phase 5: Battle Phase

MrBody reveals his initial commitments of 6 units led by the Technocrat (Strength 5), playing no cards. jakobagger reveals his initial commitments of 5 units led by the Mirritar (Strength 6), playing a defense card. Strategy cards are committed; no traitors are played.

jakobagger reveals his Strategy card, a Magen Energy Shield. Total strength is 11 Jol-Nar, 11 Lazax; MrBody wins the conflict as the initiating player. jakobagger moves 4 units and 1 Mechanized Unit to the casualties and discards Magen Energy Shield. MrBody moves 6 units to the casualties.

The conflict in Holonet Central will be next to resolve, with Alegis and MrBody performing their racial abilities.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No Energy Rifles for you

• Options
    Ala-kazam! Your committed troops are known to me!

• Options
    Zero