As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hero Academy] Now on Steam with the TF2 Team! (PA League now actually works!)

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    !Result for @Jacoby: @MNC Dover defeated @initiatefailure.

GG. My Tribe got the better of your Dwarves this time.

I have two openings for league games available and will gladly play non-league games against anyone. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    that game may have instilled me with a deep-seated bipolar disorder

• Options
    edited June 2012
    that game may have instilled me with a deep-seated bipolar disorder

LOL, whut? The biggest thing that I try and remember against Tribe is how many Typhoons they've used. That spell is so unique to HA and can really fuck up your day. I typically hide important units behind crystals until I'm sure it's safe to move out. The only other big concern is Shamans. If you can kill Shamans early, Tribe is typically screwed regardless of the spells/meat they have left.

Also, !Result for @Jacoby: @MNC Dover defeated @hlprmnky.

3 games open people! :D

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That game kept going back and forth between one of us having a clear lead. I let myself taste the joy of victory too soon even with defeat looming like a wave waiting to crash on my unsuspecting annihilator

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sorry I haven't been on lately. School has been finishing up and I've had a lot of work to do. I should be able to do an update soon. Screw that, we're updated! :)

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    PetasusPetasus Registered User regular
    Just one more result till I'm on the league proper (even if it'll be near the bottom)

!Challenge for @Jacoby: @Petasus versus @MNCDover!
    !Challenge for @Jacoby: @Petasus versus @schmads!

• Options
    Petasus wrote: »
    Just one more result till I'm on the league proper (even if it'll be near the bottom)

I accept! Bring it on my good man! :)

Remember, my HA name is MNC_Dover.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I accept! Bring it on my good man! :)

Remember, my HA name is MNC_Dover.

I will now commence 'bringing it on' - watch out!

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I'm a huge cheerleader for this game and the devs, but man, they really need to find a way to more regularly update this game. We're coming up on what, three months since the Tribe was added? And they've already said the next patch won't have a new team. Maybe I'm asking for the moon but it just seems like this game has fallen further down on the developer's priority list. I'd even say it feels like it would've been better to let the game cook longer before release so they could have more teams ready in their back pocket and stick to a more regular release schedule, so as to build more and more awareness and excitement with their audience rather than let interest in the game fizzle out.

• Options
    wonderpug wrote: »
    I'm a huge cheerleader for this game and the devs, but man, they really need to find a way to more regularly update this game. We're coming up on what, three months since the Tribe was added? And they've already said the next patch won't have a new team. Maybe I'm asking for the moon but it just seems like this game has fallen further down on the developer's priority list. I'd even say it feels like it would've been better to let the game cook longer before release so they could have more teams ready in their back pocket and stick to a more regular release schedule, so as to build more and more awareness and excitement with their audience rather than let interest in the game fizzle out.

I got into the game after the Tribe was already released so maybe I'm not as expectant as early adapters, but I think the release schedule has been fine so far. Adding teams requires a lot of balance especially as team counts grow in size. Was the game originally supposed to have more teams released on a consistent basis? Personally I don't see anything wrong with adding 2 teams a year and other stuff in the interim months.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I got into the game after the Tribe was already released so maybe I'm not as expectant as early adapters, but I think the release schedule has been fine so far. Adding teams requires a lot of balance especially as team counts grow in size. Was the game originally supposed to have more teams released on a consistent basis? Personally I don't see anything wrong with adding 2 teams a year and other stuff in the interim months.

I would not want a new team every couple months, to be honest.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Was the game originally supposed to have more teams released on a consistent basis?

I forget the exact wording, but there was something they said near release about their vision for the game involving many, many teams. I guess that's probably why I got my hopes higher for a more aggressive release schedule, especially since the time between Dwarves and Tribe was fairly quick (but my fuzzy memory may be skewing things).

You're right, though, that balancing things properly is a tricky thing, and they have done an amazing job with teams as divergent as these. It just feels like a long time since the last significant update.

• Options
    Has anyone figured out how you earn taunts? I've got 30+ right now and seem to randomly get 1 or 2 every so often.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    They have stated they're working on a team, which is supposedly more off the wall than even the Tribe. But they don't want to release solid details until they feel the team is close to being done.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    I'll be out of contact for an extended period, since I'm flying from China back to Canada. I'll update soon after the flights are done.

I'm also going to be on a cruise soon, so I'm looking for someone to take over the ratings work. I just use an Excel sheet with no real bells/whistles. If you can do this, let me know!

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    Has anyone figured out how you earn taunts? I've got 30+ right now and seem to randomly get 1 or 2 every so often.

Two for a win, one for a loss, I think?

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Maybe I don't get enough playtime, but I feel like I could spend another three months playing at my current pace/level of skill and not really know all the teams well enough to be bored of them.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    They seem to have kept us hanging on the new update for a while now, too.

I think at least a schedule of new team releases (even at 2 a year) would at least help everyone to know what to expect. They have to keep the quality and balance up though

• Options
    !Result for @Jacoby: @Petasus defeated @MNC Dover.

GG. Got Dwarves established pretty early and I couldn't overcome the slippery slope of the Grenadier bombs.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I grow "Jelly" of you iPhone users. I'd like to play this game. Any recent news on Android development besides "we're working on it"?

Edit-
    Robot Entertainment Forum Post from 4 months ago >_>...
    Android Status: In Development. :)

We're working on it. Beyond that, there's not much I can say until we're ready to announce it and the details. And no, I can't say when that will be, either ;)

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Golf153Golf153 Registered User regular
    !Result for @Jacoby: @MNC Dover defeated @Golf153.

Holding strong to my last place standing. Woot! I figure at this point I might as well own it.

So general HA game strategy question. How do you play?

Personally, I play the hand, try to develop quickly, and press the advantage. That doesn't seem to work well in this league.

Anyway, two spots open. Newbies should consider me the easy win ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A tidbit of info on the upcoming patch:
    The update that's waiting for approval with Apple right now has some great new features to help with [the steep learning curve for new players], not the least of which is a basic tutorial that will help get the VERY novice players on the rails. Beyond that, we've got some nice offline content that should not only be fun for highly-skilled players, but should also help to teach novice players more about the various abilities of each team, whether they own that team or not. Will it fix everything for every player? Probably not. But I do believe that it will go a long way toward helping many, many players get more enjoyment out of the game and gain a better understanding of each team's capabilities. For free, no less.

He goes on to say that the update is in Apple's hands already, and that it's just taking longer than it usually does to get approved.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    SploozooSploozoo Grillaface Richmond VARegistered User regular
    Yeah I noticed some new achievements in game center related to the training patches. Sounds interesting, looking fwd to it.

Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I just got back into this game. I started playing against Jamie of Penny Arcade. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Update online. Gonna dive into the offline challenges. Wheee!

Edit: Finished them all except the Council's "Cluster Bomb" and the Tribe's "Think Carefully". I know I'm on the right track just a bit stumped at the end. :D

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Challenges are great! Dark Elves and Tribe were a breeze, Council was tough but I made it through. Stumped on two Dwarf challenges tho: 'Shotgun Fun' and 'Team Effort'... just not seeing it!

Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • Options
    and of course as soon as i type that i cleared 'team effort'

Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sploozoo wrote: »
    Challenges are great! Dark Elves and Tribe were a breeze, Council was tough but I made it through. Stumped on two Dwarf challenges tho: 'Shotgun Fun' and 'Team Effort'... just not seeing it!

Heh. You give me a hint on my two and I'll help you on your two. :D

Hint for "Shotgun Fun"
    Target the Priestess with a OHKO.

Hint for "Team Effort"
    Engineer's get extra bonuses from tiles

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    nvm i beat them. fun stuff, hope they release more.

Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ah HAH! Just got "Cluster Bomb".

Edit: And got the other one. Feels good to figure them out on your own. :D

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    I think tribe needs a small nerf. Maybe one less meat.

• Options
    I think tribe needs a small nerf. Maybe one less meat.

I don't see anything wrong with the Tribe so far but I could be wrong.

The balance concern with Meat is it is the Tribe's Scroll and Heal Item equivalent. Every other team has 4 (2 scrolls/2 heal items) of these items so the Tribe would need something to balance out their item loss of 1 Meat. They already get 3 Typhoon spells and 4 shields so you can't really add another one of them. Personally, I know 90% of Tribe users treat the Meat as a scroll first and a heal item second. Maybe a slight damage reduction down from 175% to 150% would work?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Dark Elves pwn the tribe. Negating the spike armor is a huuuge advantage imo. So frustrating as dwarves when attacking tribe breaks your engineer bubble or sobers you up.

If anybody should get nerfed its the void monk. Anyone who has played @wonderpug can attest to this.

Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • Options

GG. Got Dwarves established pretty early and I couldn't overcome the slippery slope of the Grenadier bombs.

Yep, gg - i was still worried about the ninja when you resigned so was a little surprised. But i have learnt (and a painful lesson it was too *ouch* ) the importance of owning that central tile on that map, you just had too many units too clustered up in the end

• Options
    Sploozoo wrote: »
    Dark Elves pwn the tribe.

Most people say this, and the stats from the "official" league back it up, but I really struggle as Dark Elves in this matchup. Phantom creation is hindered by rage, as is Fluffy-feeding, and Impaler-pulls are a liability because of all the melee options Tribe has. I think I must play Elves a lot differently than other Elf aficionados.

• Options

Yep, gg - i was still worried about the ninja when you resigned so was a little surprised. But i have learnt (and a painful lesson it was too *ouch* ) the importance of owning that central tile on that map, you just had too many units too clustered up in the end

I had so many units because I was trying to cycle in attack upgrades and archers. Unfortunately, the clutter got to great and I was just giving you more real estate to bomb to hell. Oh well! :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hero Academy coming to Steam? Team Fortress 2 based team? Hero Academy items in TF2? Cats and dogs living together?

• Options
    Golf153Golf153 Registered User regular

Hero Academy coming to Steam? Team Fortress 2 based team? Hero Academy items in TF2? Cats and dogs living together?

Well I guess this explains why we haven't had a new team in a while. No Mac client.

:cry:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Just read that. Very cool! I hope all the teams I bought already transfer over to the Steam version as opposed to two separate platforms. Probably won't be so lucky though.

Edit: Teaser video is live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcCUDsMdpYc

Edit2: From the video description:

"The game launches on PC with two unique teams included, each with a variety of playable units. More heroic teams, avatars and add-ons are available via in-game purchase. Teams purchased in either the iOS or the Steam version of Hero Academy will work on all platforms."

Already purchased teams transfer and cross-over play with iPod/PC?! Robot Entertainment, you win this day sirs!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    They say unlocking the TF2 team via Steam will unlock it on your iOS devices, so I'm hopeful unlocks will be universal. I still expect we'll have to pony up the cash to get the Steam client, though.