As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo III] 1.0.3: Kill Everything (except bosses)

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Holy crap WW+Explosives as lmb and rmb is broken as all holy hell

I just strode through much of act 2 upon a pale horse, all dying before even gaining sight of my glory, and since I sold all my good gear I haven't been able to even reliably do act 2

• Options
    DAKlivesDAKlives Registered User regular
    great i have an infraction
    how about an infraction for jars being rude to someone he does not know for zero reason?

• Options
    DAKlivesDAKlives Registered User regular
    wait
    so if i say (f#$$ing goose) i am ok?
    i am confused i see language here all the time
    the problem was what?
    i called someone out on their bullsh8T?
    That is an infraction?

then i petition that arrogant gooses get called out and infracted for being rude to new yet older and goosing wiser members

hint: Jars

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Does anyone here have a tanky build with some good +MF%? I want to do some Butcher runs with my WD who has around 200%, but he has a little trouble surviving now (used to be pretty survivable, but I couldn't afford the greatest MF gear).

Ante#1324

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Ante, I am doing MF runs with like... 16k health and 20k damage. You just eat the deaths and be a 90 second WD with bears for every pack. I am having more issues now with the passive that keeps you from dying every 90 seconds where it just plain doesnt work 50% of the time. But besides that, stand back, bear conga with vision quest and rain dance.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    DAKlives wrote: »
    great i have an infraction
    how about an infraction for jars being rude to someone he does not know for zero reason?

Here's the rules thread. You obviously didn't read it.

But not that I've linked it you will obviously do so, so no more kiddie gloves for you.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Crazy amount of drops tonight! I'd be more pleased, but I guess this basically means that no one is gonna buy my stuff because going out and farming it yourself just got a whole lot more viable. Seriously, I found 30mil's worth of stuff (at today's prices) in the past 24 hours, I think prices are gonna drop hard in the coming weeks.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    good good

give them to me and I'll find a nice home for them

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Post a few of your best finds Shen!

• Options
    Incoming rant. I'm getting fooking fed up with some of the AH shenanigans taking place. I find that item I like, put in my reasonable bid, and it becomes the winning bid until there is <1m time left. At that point I already know to watch the item because, without fail, I get outbid. So then I put in a big bid, a very good amount that's probably overpaying for the item. And I still get beat. Then minutes later I search for the same criteria and see the item relisted with like a 30% higher minimum bid than it sold for and a big buyout.

This time it was even more stupid, the item I wanted to get was selling during the night so I just put in a bid probably 20-30% higher than the item is really worth, and what do I wake up to? Outbid. And the item is listed again.

These pathetic assgoblins are sitting around watching AH, getting into bidding wars on good items they have no interest in, trying to get in a last second winning bid, then reposting the items at a higher price because they probably think "hey - if I win this by one bid then surely the person who really wants this item will pay a few more!"

I would avoid the AH altogether, but the chances of me find an upgrade for one of the slots that needs to be improved would basically be like catching lightning in a bottle at this point.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I hate bidding wars. I almost ignore items without buyouts.

• Options

Screenshot065-1.jpg

And a necklace with 230 dex, 49% crit damage and some other filler crap that sold for 3.5mil. Bidding wars are infuriating though, it's true.

ladi.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    OK

so.... considering my soon-to-come conversion from Amish to bling bling 1% AH users like y'all who average 3M / day (good lord that makes me sick)

I use enough spreadsheets at work...
    I'm.... scared...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Any monks stacking poison in here? I just got some pretty good pants if anyone's interested.
    70 dex, 90 int, 46 vit, 58 poison res, 39 res all, and + armour bringing total armour to 842.

On another note, my monk, barbarian, and wizard have all had trouble going into act 2, but my witch doctor, with about 100K of bought gear, is going really well. Needs a bit more defence, especially to deal with mortars, but is generally going well, killing things, and surviving nicely. Witch Doctor has by far been the weirdest character for me to play; it was so weak and shitty I hated it at first, acid rain suddenly turned things around and I slaughtered stuff for about 20 levels before I became slow and weak again, but as soon as zombie bears unlocked and I switched to a VQ build, goddammit everything just fell down in front of me. The Butcher dies in about 5 seconds, zombie bears destroy everything, and spirit walk is such a handy skill. Every other character has had ups and downs depending on the gear I'd been able to find, but the WD is the only one who really had to slog through some parts, only for skill unlocks to turn things around.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    MMMig wrote: »
    OK

so.... considering my soon-to-come conversion from Amish to bling bling 1% AH users like y'all who average 3M / day (good lord that makes me sick)

I'm.... scared...

Well I do a lot of crafting for sale, which is allowed by the (IRL) Amish. And if you have three characters covering int/str/dex then you'll pretty much always have a home for the items you find.

On a related note, I just remembered that some doofus tried to scam me yesterday! I linked that sword in trade chat and he offered more than I asked, so figured why not. He joined my game and I checked him out - 90 hours on his only character (decked in statless sub 20% MF gear), which made me a little curious on how he was going to provide 12 million gold.

Opened up the trade window and it closes randomly, it does this a bunch of times and he asks if I'm doing it on purpose. I call a friend in and am perfectly able to trade with him, so at this point I figure something's up. Friend tries to do the trade on my behalf, once again it's a no-go. Now the scammer calls a friend in, and the friend does the same old shit. He then makes it ridiculously apparent that he's trying to get me to drop the item on the floor so he can pick it up when he says

"Oh yeah, I read on the forums that it's bugged for some people, and you need to quickly drag it to the fourth slot before the trade window closes?" (If you just right-click the item in your inventory, it automatically goes in the first slot.)

I've got plenty of confidence in my clicking so I humour them for a little while longer, then point out that "It doesn't matter how quickly I drag it because you still need to type in all that gold" then tell them to look on the AH where I'll be listing it for less, then peace'd out. It still hasn't sold, despite all that guy's claims about how desperately his friend wanted it. Ah, kids today :P

Shen on
    ladi.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    OK

I'm.... scared...

I wish I made 3M a day. Most of my stuff still doesn't sell on the AH.

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of shit in my stash that I can't price. I'm just going to throw it up with bids and see what happens.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Incoming rant. I'm getting fooking fed up with some of the AH shenanigans taking place. I find that item I like, put in my reasonable bid, and it becomes the winning bid until there is <1m time left. At that point I already know to watch the item because, without fail, I get outbid. So then I put in a big bid, a very good amount that's probably overpaying for the item. And I still get beat. Then minutes later I search for the same criteria and see the item relisted with like a 30% higher minimum bid than it sold for and a big buyout.

This time it was even more stupid, the item I wanted to get was selling during the night so I just put in a bid probably 20-30% higher than the item is really worth, and what do I wake up to? Outbid. And the item is listed again.

These pathetic assgoblins are sitting around watching AH, getting into bidding wars on good items they have no interest in, trying to get in a last second winning bid, then reposting the items at a higher price because they probably think "hey - if I win this by one bid then surely the person who really wants this item will pay a few more!"

I would avoid the AH altogether, but the chances of me find an upgrade for one of the slots that needs to be improved would basically be like catching lightning in a bottle at this point.

The bids are for people that have the time to watch their purchases down to the last second (which isn't as hard as it seems as long as you can log on right when the auctions you are interested are about to wrap up). You can always filter by buyout-only (by setting an arbitrarily high buyout price) and work with those auctions exclusively. Less likely to get radically good deals, but you're immune to sniping.

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »

Screenshot065-1.jpg

And a necklace with 230 dex, 49% crit damage and some other filler crap that sold for 3.5mil. Bidding wars are infuriating though, it's true.

Are you some kind of blacksmith recipe finding machine or what :^: Some good stuff there.

So about 30 minutes after I posted that rant I caught lightning in a bottle, finding an upgrade over a crappy ring I had, that I was losing bidding wars trying to improve:

KKEoL.jpg

I don't know how that's even possible, but from now on when I need something to drop for a specific slot with specific stats I'm coming here to bitch about it.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    That's pretty much where I am in terms of gear

• Options
    AMonkeyInPyjamasAMonkeyInPyjamas Registered User regular

Unfortunately there are (or at least were) AH bots that could automatically re-bid to some calculated maximum. Last I heard they didn't look at bid time left yet but that was 2-3 weeks ago so it's not a stretch to think they've got that worked out now, in which case we're really SOL.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    There still are AH bots.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    So, the Scoundrel really fucked me over.

I'm running around episode 2 on Hell. Being careful. In a dungeon, the scoundrel spots a treasure goblin and shoots him. On another tier. Thereby causing an insane chase to find the goblin. Which, coincidentally, involves four elites who are waiting around the corner. Who I can't get away from anyway because of the geometry.

So, yeah. I knew there was a reason I preferred the Templar for actual "not getting killed." Losing the Fortune Shrine bonus (the only one I've found in Episode 2 thusfar on this difficulty is just a bit of salt in the wound.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    This thread is so confusing.

People here show things they sold for +1m that I wouldn't even consider worth looking twice at, and break down to materials in a second. I might be playing this game wrong. But most items i've seen posted here are absolute shit in my opinion.

On a side note, my Diablo 3 horror story. I sold my monk shoulders by mistake, with 450 armor 250 dex, vit, and 60 all resist + 45 fire resist to the vendor and left the game. But that is the kind of items I consider good in this game, not a 1 hander with 900 dps and shit/no affixes.

edit: there is a real danger in having multiple characters as well. My monk had 986 resist all before I went back to my demon hunter for a week. Now gear has gone missing and im down to 760. So sad.

Rofflor on
    76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Kambing wrote: »

The bids are for people that have the time to watch their purchases down to the last second (which isn't as hard as it seems as long as you can log on right when the auctions you are interested are about to wrap up). You can always filter by buyout-only (by setting an arbitrarily high buyout price) and work with those auctions exclusively. Less likely to get radically good deals, but you're immune to sniping.

Do they have a program that notifies them when auctions are nearing expiration or something even when offline and not near a PC? Personally, I just log in at random times and see how much time there's left and if it's expired oh well.

Yeah, I'm guessing they're bots.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Rofflor wrote: »
    This thread is so confusing.

People here show things they sold for +1m that I wouldn't even consider worth looking twice at, and break down to materials in a second. I might be playing this game wrong. But most items i've seen posted here are absolute shit in my opinion.

On a side note, my Diablo 3 horror story. I sold my monk shoulders by mistake, with 450 armor 250 dex, vit, and 60 all resist + 45 fire resist to the vendor and left the game. But that is the kind of items I consider good in this game, not a 1 hander with 900 dps and shit/no affixes.

edit: there is a real danger in having multiple characters as well. My monk had 986 resist all before I went back to my demon hunter for a week. Now gear has gone missing and im down to 760. So sad.
    Everybody quit now, this guy right here's the best at diablo items. No one here will ever be half as good as him, shit, he sells better shit TO VENDORS.

Fuckin plebes.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    Eehhh, during TBC I made thousands selling level 60 wow characters and gold (the bots would automatically sell things like herbs, ore, and cloth at the AH based on data it obtained from auctioneer). The game costed me $10 per box.

Thing is, if it's like WoW, bliz is good at following the trail once they make a ban. If they grab 50 bot accounts they'll probably also yank the gold off of the accounts that those accounts traded with, maybe temp banning those people as well.

Don't forget that buying gold is against the rules too

I'm kinda wondering if anyone is actually buying gold when you can just get the resources you need off of the RMAH. It appears to me that market behavior we are seeing could be the result of botters buying high end items with farmed gold and re-listing them for real money instead of trading gold directly with players.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Everybody quit now, this guy right here's the best at diablo items. No one here will ever be half as good as him, shit, he sells better shit TO VENDORS.

Fuckin plebes.

Hey I didn't try to be an asshole with it, or brag.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    woohoo 8 million gold. I keep looking for shield upgrades and I've seen one item that peeks my interest. Low bid super high buyout unfortunately. I hate bidding wars. I'm gonna wait a few more days to buy the shield, the prices of items hasn't gone down enough to reflect the new drop rates. I'm convinced the prices of items will drop at least a little bit over the next few days.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Come on everyone, there is no reason not to be civil in here. It's like someone turned the goosometer up to 11 last night or something.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

Screenshot065-1.jpg

Are you some kind of blacksmith recipe finding machine or what :^: Some good stuff there.

So about 30 minutes after I posted that rant I caught lightning in a bottle, finding an upgrade over a crappy ring I had, that I was losing bidding wars trying to improve:

KKEoL.jpg

I don't know how that's even possible, but from now on when I need something to drop for a specific slot with specific stats I'm coming here to bitch about it.

no joke this happens to me all the time, but I do it in game. I think blizzard listens. I complain about my DPS and bam, guaranteed monk upgrade in like 20-30 minutes. joke about crappy rolls with mates with no luck, BAM ridiculous amulet drops.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Come on everyone, there is no reason not to be civil in here. It's like someone turned the goosometer up to 11 last night or something.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
    yea you guys are getting testy. hush now. enjoy a cat

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Rofflor wrote: »

They aren't trying to sell those items to you.

They're trying to sell those items to geese with gold.

I realize that you are just too awesome to think those items good, and that's fine. But why would you DE something that you could sell to a noob for 1M?

In that regard, you do seem to be playing the game wrong.

• Options
    yea you guys are getting testy. hush now. enjoy a cat

Rofflor vendors cuter cat pictures than that.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Why are you all jumping on a guy looking for guidance who is frustrated. We're better then that people. I know Ive been in the same boat and worded my frustrations the same before, in this thread even.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I sold my first big item today! I now have 11 million gold for the first time.

...which is about enough to upgrade one of my pieces of armor by about 30 vit, 30 dex or 20 res all.

The game economy is just so fucked at this point. Gonna hold on to my meager golds until prices drop (which hopefully they will?) or I get distracted by other games in August.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who read his post as self-depricating, admitting that he was completely unable to tell what items are valuable or not?

Don't let that stop you from crucifying him though.

• Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I sold my first big item today! I now have 11 million gold for the first time.

...which is about enough to upgrade on of my pieces of armor by about 30 vit, 30 dex or 20 res all.

The game economy is just so fucked at this point. Gonna gold on to my meager golds until prices drop (which hopefully they will?) or I get distracted by other games in August.

Yeah. I suspect that most casual people will drop out once they realize that in order to afford top gear they'll have to either buy gold or farm their weekends away.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who read his post as self-depricating, admitting that he was completely unable to tell what items are valuable or not?

Don't let that stop you from crucifying him though.
    wouldn't dream of it

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png