As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally! New map time! [MINECRAFT]!

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    o (◡‿◡✿) MINOKURAFUTO (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96M5LFaDAFs

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    Sopa wrote: »

O.O hahahahaahha!!!!!!!!!
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Every single door was intact. Every one. I checked all the buildings since I suspected it might have been zombies invading like you said. No NPCs and the golem was gone too. I even checked the well in the off-chance that maybe they had all gotten stuck in it or something, and looked around outside in case they somehow warped out like a sheep. Nope.

O.o D:

• Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    I've previously had situations where all my wolves up and disappeared when I logged onto the server. It seems like a random occurrence.

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    laikka hofflesass. lol.

ruddeh on
    oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Oh my god, that is amazing

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I guess I'll just tell myself that since living in a rural village in the middle of nowhere kinda sucked, they all moved to Mooshroom Island to live with Lovie and the mooshrooms so they don't have to worry about monsters and can eat stew all day and have lots of kids running around.

This being said, if I do find out someone punched them all to death for fun, there will be much raging.

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    Lieutenant's Journal
    Entry 192

I cannot shake this feeling of unease. The solitude and snow muffled quiet of Frostheim that called to me so long ago now takes an eerie and unsettling turn, leaving me feeling... almost pained at the silence. I find myself craving the foolishness and idle chit chat of my fellow officers, now fallen to a whisper, disappearing with them as they leave our numbers. As each one makes their exit, the darkness I can feel ebbing at the edges of the fortress swells a little more, threatening to swallow everything I believe in and fight for. The recent actions of the Champion have done nothing to alleviate my anxiety. His behaviour is erratic and troubling, moreso than usual. He's always in the shadows, always just out of sight, hiding his activities from my watch. Rarely does he speak to anyone anymore... I feel as though we may be losing him, as well as the others, to a force more compelling than the path of righteousness.

Our enemies grow stronger. New enemies make themselves known. Men who I once fought along side with now turn their sword and bow upon me. Worse yet, there are those that seek to pull me from the Legion, bribing me with dreams of a warless future. A future with benefits they claim the Legion cannot offer me, but my poachers do not know me well. My path is bathed in the cold light, the strongest and most compelling I could wish for. The light binds me.

Not to mention the threat of retribution... I know I would not last long outside Frostheim before the Captain's blade found my flesh. Or at least, I used to know this. I am not so sure my absence would bring his wrath any more. He sits in silence, not even acknowledging the disappearance of his men, but I know better than those who claim his silence means indifference. That being said, I can't help but feel an unfamiliar chill when I seek him. As cold a man as he is, I've never felt as if it were directed at me, until now. He pushes me away, thwarting my efforts to bring him back to us, seeking counsel only with the Gods of Frost. I must remind myself that it is not without reason that he does this.

I have to remind myself that now, more than ever, he needs our faith.

oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

what did I just watch?

Aeyther on
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Aeyther wrote: »

what did I just watch?

The trailer for the server's next season.

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    I support this idea.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Foreperson Nuka
    Waterday the 1st, Spidermoon, 613

Finally someone told me of the date. There have been strange goings on in our little settlement, and I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I  see things in the shadows as well. I'm afraid that I too am losing my own grip on sanity, so I've been trying to keep myself busy. Even so, red eyes from the shadows catch my eyes every so often and make me pause. 
    The commotion I wrote of from two days ago was sadly a cave in, though thankfully no one was injured. All hope of returning home has been lost.  Morale has completely gone to hell, and I hear voices of the others, little snippets saying things that send shivers down my spine. I have      nothing concrete to go on, but I fear mutiny. I can't say I blame them, but I also can't say that these voices aren't also sign of my declining mental faculties.
    I find myself eating more and more of the soup. I still have hardtack and some jerky left over, I have been saving it for when our strength had  finally failed. Now that food is plentiful again I find that I don't even want the food I saved. They're no different than the rocks under foot to me. Maybe Molepeople eat meat and horrible biscuits. Everyone just eats soup so I doubt they'd want it either. Others are showing signs of   insanity and I'm deeply worried. I haven't been able to gather anything to go on but tonight I must confront Dust and demand an answer. It's    still possible that we're all mad because of our situation. Laikka seems to be affected the most, all she can do now is mutter on about         cobblestone. Why I have no idea.
    We've done more exploration of the general area. There's a large ravine and 2 even larger perfectly round rooms. River water falls down from the ceiling, and the pools of lava that still survive from the ruins means we can probably stay here a very long time, if we had another kind of    food source. City planning has begun. We've moved into small rooms in the ruins and begun to clean everything up. I've asked that the floor of  one of the circles be replaced with plain dirt. Though none of us can swim up the waterfall from the river, I'm still hoping for grass seeds to wash down from above. Either way a fresh floor of cool dirt is a nice foundation for a city and it's something different than all the stone     that surrounds us. If we had access to the sky above we could probably do something about the air quality in here as well. I swear it keeps     getting worse. It's filled with dust and the smell of melted rock, and everyday it seems to grow thicker. It's upsetting my sinuses.            At least there aren't any rats, bugs or bats around here, I haven't seen a sign of life outside of the fungi, our guests and the miners. 
    Speaking of guests, others have stumbled upon our new little home. They all seem fine for the most part, but a young Frost warrior that has      arrived seems to have battle fatigue. She wakes up screaming in the night. We nearly had an incident calming her down, when her reflexes nearly tore a new smile into the face of the Squid Priest, Greypoet with her sword. I asked her not to sleep with her weapons nearby, but her          instincts prevented any reasoning. She did agree to sleep alone in a separate room from the others and no one is to disturb her sleep, the poor dear needs it. I asked Curly Brace to guard the door to make sure the rule is obeyed. Greypoet still wants to pray for her, and asked for some  water and a fish to make an offering. I'll hand him a fish when I see one, whenever that is.

While I was writing, I was notified of a strange symbol that was carved and built into the wall of the ravine at the far end. The Moleman and    Laikka discovered it, she wanted to tear off the cobble but I had to tell her to back away. She left in a fit and I had to lean against the     stone wall and sit, I'll admit I'm a little stressed with all that's been going on lately. Moleman doesn't recognize it and I have no idea what it is. I told him, "Damnit Moleman, I'm a foreperson not an archaeologist!" in an attempt to insert some humor but he just stared at me.        Clearing his throat he says that though he doesn't know what is, something appears to be missing from it. I stood up and felt the rock. It was  dusty and had a bit of gravel in it. It looked very, very old. While rubbing the debris off my hands, a familiar scent arose. "Salt?, it's      salty but it's not white like rock salt." The Moleman shrugged. "Maybe it's what you call sweat, the lava makes this ravine warm." I nodded my  head and trekked back, avoiding eye contact with the Shadows. I have to remember to make Laikka  some cobblestone to calm her down.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    *translated from draconic*
    Coalday, 31st of the Creepermoon, 613
    Dargon (human form) darkfire

my headaches have grown worse, and i keep seeing precious ore everywere. one second i'm looking at solid rock, then next i see
    gold, or any other valuable stone, then suddenly its back to solid rock. the headaches and.. treasure lust grow stronger with each
    bowl of the soup. ive begun digging into my meager supplies and dumping what is brought to me in private, though I still eat
    the soup in public get together. all other food is becoming bland however, i try to enjoy what i have left before theirs nothing
    but soup to eat.

The 1st, Spidermoon, 613

I woke up this morning noticing green tendrils coming threw cracks in one corner of my room's ceiling, upon investigating the
    ceiling collapsed in the corner, and vines hung down, and were strong enough to climb like a ladder, my curiosity drove me up,
    inside i found at first what i thought to be a cave, I began clearing the debree and ruble from the location i found thinking this
    was be a very nice place to store whatever,,,, treasure i found, during the cleanup i repeatedly thought old pieces of wood were
    gold bars or a rock was a diamond. upon finishing my work, found the remains of a small garden.

I worked and for several hours and managed to get the glow stone re-energized and the fountain to work again. with
    light in the room I found an old chest, which to the touch fell to dust leaving its contents visible, which also nearly all fell
    to dust, all that remained was a handfuls of seeds in different shapes that all looked mummified.

I wrapped the seeds in a cloth made from spider string and set it at the bottom of the fountain, if the old druid 
    works i'll see what they grow into.

as i climbed down, I sudenly realized I would no longer hear the moans of zombies, or the screeches of spiders, instead
    i heard whispers. they taunted me, telling me they have my diamonds, my gold, my treasure. My fangs showed, I grabbed
    a bag of torches and my sword and went hunting into the tunnels.

I came back to the circular caves at dinner time, broken swords in hand, scratched and banged up, with a bag
    once holding torches, now full of spider legs, all i could say was: "anyone for grilled spider tonight?"

dargondarkfire on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

Mother of God.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Journal of mole-man JpsCrazy
    2nd of Spidermoon, 613

Upon searching the public mines, I found a chest with pumpkin and melon seeds! Even though I'm happy about finding this new food source, it might as well be dirt compared to the mushroom soup... I just find myself always wanting more. I've started to always carry a bowl on me so I can quickly get another serving. The more I consume this soup the more it consumes my life...

I also seem to be sneezing up a ton of green goo. I must be allergic to something some of these folk have brought with them. Oh well, I'm sure it will wear off in time.

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Journal of Sir VALVeJunkie III Esq.
    3rd of Spidermoon, 613

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Mother of God.

CREEPER SAN! NANI?!

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    I dig, heading ever southward, ever towards the song. The darkness gives me pause.
    I place a torch on the floor that I might see better and the song becomes harsh and dissonant.
    It is clear to me that I am expected to travel in darkness, like the squid.

The Squid God provides.

I dig in the dark for what must be days following the song.  Occasionally I'll open a passage into a
    cavern or abandoned mine. At every juncture I pause to listen for the song and turn towards the
    sound.

In a tunnel, somewhere along the way, I notice lava dripping from the ceiling. Starved for light, I
    dig a pit in the floor and carve a small hole for the lava to flow through.  The light is precious.

And yet I must have angered Cephalotep for I am soon beset by all manner of foul creature and 
    left for dead. But I do not die there in the darkness. And the song changes and becomes one of
    forgiveness and redemption. Strengthened by hope and a bit of food, I rise and continue.

After what feels like ages of digging and darkness and silence apart from the song, I hear voices. 
    And the sound of tools on stone. And laughter. In haste, I throw my pick to the ground and 
    scrabble through the dirt by hand and find myself in a huge, man made cavern.

The light is bright and burns my eyes so I take shelter in a nearby ravine, away from the light and 
    the noise. The people here seem familiar, but odd. Some are disturbed. I made to speak with one,
    to console her and let her know that the Squid God is here with us. She drew her weapon and, if 
    not for the intervention of the others, would have run me through. Clearly I am needed here.

There is a shrine to Cephalotep near my quarters. Someone has stolen the eye. I will restore it and
    give aid to the others as I may.  The Squid god demands it.

These things I have seen and I have done with my own hands.

Greypoet.
    The Squid God provides.

• Options
    There are no days down here, none that can really matter as such. There is no way to tell if it is night, or day, or night again. Awake or asleep, it is much the same. Stone and dirt and mushrooms and people slowly losing their minds to the mushrooms and the ruddy substance that oozes out of the stone walls. Already many have started to go mad. I refuse to be one of them.

Many eyes watch me down here. The Foreman does not trust me, nor I her. While I do not suspect she is affiliated with the Legion, I do know she has no love for those fighting them. She marshalls the others close to her, keeping their loyalties secure as they slowly craft the city beneath the stone. I seem to be offered the most dangerous tasks, such as collecting the lava for our lights, or the ones that require solitude amongst the empty caves of the deeps. The latter I don't mind, if the others wish to send me away, I'll be happy for the quiet away from the incessant picking of stone.

While working on one of the walls in the main chamber, I discovered a large cavern just a few feet away from the main chamber. Inside was something that charmed me greatly: a large grotto with plenty of fresh water and a small pool. The water is fresh and clean, and lacks the ruddy coloring of the other water tainted by the stones. I believe I will make a home in here. Perhaps I can use the loamy soil around the pool to grow the few seeds I have left from the surface, those not eaten in my desperate attempt to find something beside the mushrooms to eat.

The question is: do I tell the others? For now I have walled the chamber off with a simple wooden bar, enough to warn of possible cave collapses. Perhaps once I have made this chamber a bit more lush and green I might use real food as leverage with the other survivors. Or perhaps the mushroom maddened miners will tear down the cave around me.

• Options
    Guys, guess what.
    WRy4Y.png

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    Yessss, now I can carry hundreds of signs for my signpocalypse

• Options
    Guys, guess what.
    WRy4Y.png

-Updated Pistons to make them less error-prone, thus they also appear to update slower. This also altered the way Pistons work, so you might have to adapt your repeater delays and similar.
    Yay? Yes, I think yay.
    -Signs are stackable up to 16.
    --Crafting them now gives 3 signs instead of 1 with the same recipe.
    Yus. Signs were terribly expensive to make, even if wood is easy to get. Now only to fix buttons and pressure plates...

• Options
    mohnsolomohnsolo Registered User regular
    Boats now drop boats when destroyed

Not too shabby.

6CIpp.jpg
  • Options
    SE++ Minecraft EventsSE++ Minecraft Events Registered User regular
    A new evil sojourns through the halls of Frostheim on this hallowed night. 9pm EST

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man, that starts juuuust as I'm finishing up at work. Fingers crossed I make it off early.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yay! I should be there, my Dragon Boat practice ends 2 hours before that...
    By yay I mean, I will be there to help hold this evil at bay (said in a serious tone)

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Mojang wrote:
    Since single-player has been turned into a shell on top of a background server, the game’s resource requirements have increased. When playing single-player, the game needs to be able to both simulate and emulate the world, which take many more CPU cycles. We’re working on optimizing rendering, but those improvements will not be included until Minecraft 1.4.

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my god the incompetence.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    new snapshot appears to render all signs blank

• Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

That could hurt the rail system.

• Options
    PvtCaboose wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »

That could hurt the rail system.

The data on the sign is still saved on the server!... you just can't see it. x.x
    Regardless, I'm sure it'll be fixed before the release. :P

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    A previous tweet by Jeb reported that one of his tools indicated that servers are 30% faster in their development build, but he acknowledges that it's probably a very inaccurate reading.

Still nice news to hear.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    Rails and redstone make my head hurt. Mostly because I have not bothered to learn basic circuitry.

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    A previous tweet by Jeb reported that one of his tools indicated that servers are 30% faster in their development build, but he acknowledges that it's probably a very inaccurate reading.

Still nice news to hear.

I have absolutely no idea how that could be possible since the current snapshots do almost nothing to the server side of the game. That would have to be a fairly radical shift in the new build.

E: Also, as predicted, the mod API has been pushed to 1.4, alongside a lot of other things that should be in 1.3, like performance tweaks.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Rails and redstone make my head hurt. Mostly because I have not bothered to learn basic circuitry.

I am the same with redstone. I'm a designer, not a programmer. The best Minecraft players are good at both but you don't need to make a transforming building to make neat shit in Minecraft.

• Options
    There aren't any pistons in the xbla version, so I'm stuck with just rails so far... And of course there isn't anything close to the rail system you all have.

So jealous!

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Still nice news to hear.

I have absolutely no idea how that could be possible since the current snapshots do almost nothing to the server side of the game. That would have to be a fairly radical shift in the new build.

E: Also, as predicted, the mod API has been pushed to 1.4, alongside a lot of other things that should be in 1.3, like performance tweaks.

So new map will be in September or October then, at the earliest. Ugh. I had hoped I would see a new large biome map before Grad School, but it looks like no dice. : /

• Options
    What do you mean by large biome? Aren't the biomes already pretty large?

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    What do you mean by large biome? Aren't the biomes already pretty large?

You know how you can usually see a few on a single map?

Think four maps per biome

the larger biomes are preeety insane

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    That, to me, is a bit too much... I like being able to get from a forest to a snowy mountain in a reasonable amount of time.

• Options
    That, to me, is a bit too much... I like being able to get from a forest to a snowy mountain in a reasonable amount of time.

Imo, it will be nice. Similar(ish) themed towns will be close, and I mean, with the rail system it won't be too bad. :P
    I couldn't imagine it on a single player map though. >.>

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012

O.O hahahahaahha!!!!!!!!!
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Every single door was intact. Every one. I checked all the buildings since I suspected it might have been zombies invading like you said. No NPCs and the golem was gone too. I even checked the well in the off-chance that maybe they had all gotten stuck in it or something, and looked around outside in case they somehow warped out like a sheep. Nope.

O.o D:

"Haiyore! Kuriipaa-san!"

Best translation I can give is "Creep, Mr. Creeper!"

I can't really make out the details of the lyrics other than to say apparently it is a love-harem concept except that all of the characters are Minecraft creatures instead of girls.

sarukun on
This discussion has been closed.