As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, July 4, 2012 - Ionosphere

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited July 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    There's a new Spiderman game?

God, I'm out of touch.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, there's a new Spiderman movie so I'm guessing it's the "official game" for that.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    There's a new Spiderman game?

God, I'm out of touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91pixJAlm0

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Aww we got Div but none of his patented abuse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The webs are sticking to the guy from Prototype as he's doing his hang-glide move over the park.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    What is Div doing? that is one weird face

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    What is Div doing? that is one weird face

Whiskey enema
    I've seen that face before

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well, there goes my interest in the game.

I adored the Spiderman 2 game, mostly because its webswinging was beautiful. If this new game can't be bothered to make his webs anchor to the buildings instead of the friggin' ether, then I ain't interested.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    That bird is concerned about it's situation.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    It is interesting how many superheroes are suddenly much less 'super' when taken out of New York City.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The news post says this game is like Batman. Does that mean it has a fairly rhythmic free-flow combat system? Does it allow you to yoke up thugs from street lamps, gargoyles, and other overhanging objects?

• Options
    kingworks wrote: »
    It is interesting how many superheroes are suddenly much less 'super' when taken out of New York City.

Doesn't pretty much every superhero go out into space at some point to fight where there are fewer skyscrapers?

And how many of them are NYC-based, anyway? Don't they have some superheroes based in Wisconsin?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    The combat is sort of batman like, without being as fluid. It's a bit more button mashy. Also the lack of anchor points for the swinging made this a rental (and a brief one at that).

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Div featured in a comic without him drinking, having intercourse with other electronics, or making abusive insults? This is an outrage.

Surely that isn't Div, but some imposter. Bizarro Div.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    Div featured in a comic without him drinking, having intercourse with other electronics, or making abusive insults? This is an outrage.

It's not unprecedented.

254537906_taieg-L-2.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

It's not unprecedented.

254537906_taieg-L-2.jpg
    To be fair, he is on a leash in that one. That may just be one of his kinks.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    div hasn't actually done anything in ages

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    That satellite looks like it's barfing out spider-man-web.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    crash1001crash1001 Registered User regular
    Oh look, its Div.
    I haven't saw him in a while.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    i want a panel where the web attaches to a passing Iron Man.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    They seem to have pretty much phased Div out as an actual "character," they just have him sort of make a cameo/walk-on/background appearance now and then for nostalgia's sake. He is basically on the same level as Thomas Kemper now.
    That's the cat.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Div was a one-note character anyway, and I think the PA guys smartly realized that.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    He's a DivX player he's lucky his time hasn't passed by now.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    Div was a one-note character anyway, and I think the PA guys smartly realized that.

and the Fruit Fucker, Charles, and virtually every other character besides Gabe, Tycho, and their families, aren't?

• Options

and the Fruit Fucker, Charles, and virtually every other character besides Gabe, Tycho, and their families, aren't?
    Well, Charles did grow beyond "Shut your pie hole".

• Options
    DexOZDexOZ Registered User regular
    I miss Div greatly, even if he is a one-note character, maybe because of it

• Options
    Scarab83Scarab83 Registered User regular
    Meh, I don't feel the lack of web-anchor points makes the game any less fun whatsoever. It's still a blast to swing through the city. However, like most games these days, I wish it was longer.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

They... are? I'm not sure what your point is. Fruit Fucker is Div, except more memorable so he gets little side notes. Charles documents Gabe's on-again-off-again relationship with Apple. The rest are pretty much the same background note that Div is.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The Fruit Fucker has pretty much receded into the background too, for that matter. I mean, yes he's (it's?) iconic to the strip but they don't really do comics about it (him?) anymore. The last one was in 2008, as far as I can tell from PipeFour. Since then he's appeared six times, but always just as a background or other art detail of comics about other stuff without comment. (Not counting this fairly shitty guest comic.)

Gaslight on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Newspost discussion on Lookouts comics. I went to consider purchasing, and I guess it's digital only? Penny Arcade comics purchased in real life form are my primary staple for bathroom reading, so I'm pretty disappointed by this.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Newspost discussion on Lookouts comics. I went to consider purchasing, and I guess it's digital only? Penny Arcade comics purchased in real life form are my primary staple for bathroom reading, so I'm pretty disappointed by this.

pretty sure it'll be in comic stores on Aug. 29th

• Options
    Scarab83 wrote: »
    Meh, I don't feel the lack of web-anchor points makes the game any less fun whatsoever. It's still a blast to swing through the city. However, like most games these days, I wish it was longer.

I just feel like I'd be endlessly comparing it to Spiderman 2. That game was an absolute joy to get around in. Swinging on buildings, doing Spidey slingshots into the sky, and of course, running straight up skyscrapers.