As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    I foresee him getting day one'd a few times for that.

It honestly looks like he needs a break from phalla for a while.

OrokosPA.png
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    I foresee him getting day one'd a few times for that.

It honestly looks like he needs a break from phalla for a while.

A mental health day or two and he'll be right as rain.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Right - I've run through a lot of options, and I'm going to have to call the game I think.

The village has been far, far more conservative then I ever expected, the kill count isn't going up any time soon, and there are only 2 Bad Guys who are not the focus of regular attention. That, on top with a lot of other things (Good god the new PM system) has made the 4 or so hours I have to put in to get a narration out impossible.

The village has won for all extent and purposes, because after 5 years of Phalla we've learned not to kill each other. Peace reigns in Critical Failures.

I've got a couple of people saying they'll help rebuild and rewrite this to make it leaner, and actually playable (From the hosting end) and it may resurface in the future. Lot of neat stuff still left to do with it, just requires too much (and produces too many mistakes which really, really suck when you find them during work the next day) to make this work.

So, ask away I guess

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    M.D. wrote: »
    i would also like to point out, even though our name is red in death, we aren't even the mafia

it's kinda like a neutral witch hunt you guys have been doing this whole time, but i'm outed "mafia"so don't believe anything I say!

Keep planting those bombs there, mafia.

not my fault people just leave these things laying around, and if you're gonna gun for me im gonna fight back!

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Going to wait to see how this game ends before making a call on what to think of Bedlam's actions.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running Gumpy, I had a lot of fun.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    We win, yey! It's over...booo. Thanks for running this @Gumpy. I eagerly await a role dump.

Awwwwwww, I don't get to blow up all those people in the hallway? Also, Who was Lady Belmont?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Good job village.

Going to wait to see how this game ends before making a call on what to think of Bedlam's actions.

Good news, you've just seen it.

OrokosPA.png
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    He will seriously be grudged forever for that

aside from really fucking with us, it was pretty funny.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    And I was so excited to fire the SPECTRUM cannon.

:(

Great game, though, gumpy!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Haha we won by being cowards!

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Gumpy wrote: »

The village has won for all extent and purposes, because after 5 years of Phalla we've learned not to kill each other. Peace reigns in Critical Failures.

PAX PHALLA

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Awww, The Big Plan gets no chance no come out of the box

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Assuran wrote: »
    Good job village.

PEACE REIGNS

UNEXPECTED VILLAGE SUCCESS

After going over things with Gumpy he's called it and I have volunteered to help out when this gets run next time.

It should be a blast.

Thanks Gumps.

OrokosPA.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    It's too bad, if that bomb had killed me today, I would have been more than willing to help manage the numbers

Thanks for running it

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    In all seriousness, the Zombies had a shitty start and Lady Belmont had a perfect one

and by perfect I mean she got Kime

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Nice work village.

Gumpy, what would the artifact have done had I gotten it? Or would it just emit a pleasant glow?

Actually, Bedlam was the only person playing the game the way Gumpy intended. Everyone else went crazy conservative and wasn't killing anybody off. There were only SIX of us Feds. SIX, and we didn't get a mafia nightly kill.

- Terence McKenna
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this Gumpy. I'll wait for any info dumps before offering up opinions.

Though I suppose, if you wanted a higher body count early, giving everyone a gun at the start could help with that.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Who were the zombies?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Also, this game was loads of fun, so I'm sorry to see it end prematurely.

Lotta good stuff in this game.

So how did the spectrum cannon work, gumpy?

Did we just have to give all the pieces to one person or what?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea so i didnt plant any bomb that was a gambit to get you to evac still jdark

but mafia seriously under powered ,we had no solid kill, we had folks who could attack but be outed when they did or you guys could piece it together

and only 6 of us or 7 i have to recount

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    In all seriousness, the Zombies had a shitty start and Lady Belmont had a perfect one

and by perfect I mean she got Kime

kime strikes again

Kilnaga wrote: »

Actually, Bedlam was the only person playing the game the way Gumpy intended. Everyone else went crazy conservative and wasn't killing anybody off. There were only SIX of us Feds. SIX, and we didn't get a mafia nightly kill.

And the one guy who was not conservative managed to off a mafioso.

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

only 6???

Well, I'm one of the last feds, but I'm pretty sure plenty of you know that already.

Ket, Mi-Go, thanks for the support! I'm sorry for deceiving you!

Shabooty and Julius were the Zombies. They needed to be in the same room with someone and not be outnumbered to convert them.

The only one they got was Exarch.

He was mafia.

Boo

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    hi hello

my name is shabooty

I'm a zombie!

how neat!

Shabooty and Julius were the Zombies. They needed to be in the same room with someone and not be outnumbered to convert them.

He was mafia.

Boo

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's too bad, if that bomb had killed me today, I would have been more than willing to help manage the numbers

After what happened with the last group of SPECTRUM, he should have planned for it

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, there were only six of us, spread out aroudn all the ships.

Then the random day 1 wagon caught Jason Todd and there were only 5.

Then Exarch caught a shotgun blast day 2. And there were 4.

Things.... were not looking good.

Like seriously I was expecting like 5 Zombies running around by day 4

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Saber is lady Belmont

If I'm right, I shall be known as Sherlock Holmes forever.

And the one guy who was not conservative managed to off a mafioso.

I know, we got jacked up hard. 2 deaths in the first 2 days, and we only numbered 6. Our win condition was rather hard not having a nightly kill, because there were multiple parts to the win condition. :/

- Terence McKenna
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Lady Belmont right here. Slight worry about the location of the artifact but was about to launch strike team without any danger to me

PSN SeGaTai

He was mafia.

Boo

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha oh my god this game

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Yeah, there were only six of us, spread out aroudn all the ships.

Then the random day 1 wagon caught Jason Todd and there were only 5.

Then Exarch caught a shotgun blast day 2. And there were 4.

Things.... were not looking good.

What exactly were the victory objectives for this game?