As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Microsoft and PAX

spydeyspydey Registered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
I was just checking my friends list on xbox.com and noticed this link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/0628-microsoftatpax.htm After a less than stellar appearance at last years PAX it sounds like Microsoft is finally going to come out to play.

cp468kw5.gif
spydey on

• TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    "What will be the big surprise of this year's PAX?"

I hadn't realized there would be one. Perhaps Gears will be playable, or something like that.

TrainwreckX on
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Playable Gears of War would be great. I was thinking it was just something they said to create hype, but there really wouldn't be anything major.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    It'll probably be Gears of War.

Good news, because GoW is an awesomly fun game. :D

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, their booth pretty much just sucked last year. The coolest thing they had was a neon XBox sign and the guy wouldn't get rid of it for anything... I figured a Gamecube hat and a couple bottles of bawls was a fair trade by far! ;op

Aerophis on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Ok so I work at MS, and I'm looking at the intranet trying to find stuff about their booth, and so far all I've found was that Gabe endorsed Alias Sketchbook Pro and allowed himself to be quoted in a powerpoint sales presentation.

Weaver on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    Ok so I work at MS, and I'm looking at the intranet trying to find stuff about their booth, and so far all I've found was that Gabe endorsed Alias Sketchbook Pro and allowed himself to be quoted in a powerpoint sales presentation.
    You mean their booth last year? Yeah, that was pretty much it. Free demo copes of the sketch program, and you could sign up to maybe be a beta tester. That was pretty much the extent of their entire booth.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Weaver wrote:

w00t you have a Warhammer avatar.

Anyway, I would be surprised if it WASN'T Gears of War. It will be the first chance for the general gaming public to get their hands on it, which is awesome.

TrainwreckX on
  • john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Aw, man, a playable Gears demo would be killer.

john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Possibilities:

Gears of War
    Mass Effect
    Viva Pinata
    Perfect Dark: Velvet
    Halo 3
    Snakes on a Game
    A new handheld console
    Microsoft to buy Nintendo in 5 years.

I'm voting for the second one.

Taramoor on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Yeah...no. I'm going with GoW. Seeing as that's their big release in the near future and the only one of those they've allowed the public to play...GoW.

Legacy on
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:

Maybe I can actually kill someone this time instead of being everyone's chainsaw sharpner.

etoychest on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    etoychest wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

Maybe I can actually kill someone this time instead of being everyone's chainsaw sharpner.

But then who will we sharpen our chainsaws on?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2006
    etoychest wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

Everyone else fell underneath my chainsaw at E3. It was awesome.

Legacy on
  • groovechildgroovechild Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hey all! I'm an Enforer @ pax, and I've been assigned to MS. Now I can't tell you much about MS @ PAX (because I don't know, honest) but what I do know is this: MS is requesting 2 additional enforcers to setup full time, they've warned us that they have around 20 skids to unload, carpet to roll out, systems to hook up and signs to be hung. Now how big is a "skid?" No clue, but it sounds like a pretty big setup to me. I'm really excited, so stop by and say hi to me when you see an Enforcer @ the MS booth.

groovechild on
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    etoychest wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

Everyone else fell underneath my chainsaw at E3. It was awesome.

I think Cliffy B laughed at me a little.

etoychest on
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hey all! I'm an Enforer @ pax, and I've been assigned to MS. Now I can't tell you much about MS @ PAX (because I don't know, honest) but what I do know is this: MS is requesting 2 additional enforcers to setup full time, they've warned us that they have around 20 skids to unload, carpet to roll out, systems to hook up and signs to be hung. Now how big is a "skid?" No clue, but it sounds like a pretty big setup to me. I'm really excited, so stop by and say hi to me when you see an Enforcer @ the MS booth.

Now I am curious.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Now how big is a "skid?"

A skid is a shipping palette. Remember the carts we loaded up at SAX? Expect about that many boxes on each skid.

PRD on
    edited August 2006
    OH

DEAR

GOD...

What have I gotten myself into?

Well, that'll settle how fricken huge this thing will be, stay tuned ya'll, this is gonna be cool!

groovechild on
  • SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    As someone who can't make it to PAX this year, I will be very jealous of any of you play a GoW demo. Atleast tell them to release it on the marketplace.

Sanius on
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    OH

DEAR

GOD...

Well, that'll settle how fricken huge this thing will be, stay tuned ya'll, this is gonna be cool!

wonder how much AA is bringing.....if we get setup fast I'll come help with your setup....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited August 2006
    Esko wrote:
    OH

DEAR

GOD...

wonder how much AA is bringing.....if we get setup fast I'll come help with your setup....

Thanks man, I'm going to be dragging anyone stupid enough to be nearby the expo hall. Oh yeah, I'm still pissed about you stealing the AA post from me, you'll probably get to play with guns... :P

groovechild on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Im pretty sure gears of war will be there...

btw groove, you get a small taste of what I do for a living :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right