As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally! New map time! [MINECRAFT]!

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Sopa wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    Consume baby for nourishment, play Minecraft in peace and quiet.
    Avoid police.

58200881303AM_baby.jpg

leorio6.jpg
    Q6wsM.jpg
    @SOPA
    sopashowdown1.png
    sopashowdown2.png

Enc on
  • Options
    Haleskarth wrote: »
    Sadly to say I'm taking my leave of the server for good.

It has been great playing with you all and walking the frosty paths with you all has given me memories I won't soon forget.
    I'm sorry that my cult plans will not see fruition, at least by my hand, and I hope that this does not dissuade those of you building on cultheim. The admins have all I've ever thought about for the events written down, all that's really required is for you cultists to pick up the torch that I guess I'm dropping.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Haleskarth wrote: »
    Sadly to say I'm taking my leave of the server for good.

It has been great playing with you all and walking the frosty paths with you all has given me memories I won't soon forget.
    I'm sorry that my cult plans will not see fruition, at least by my hand, and I hope that this does not dissuade those of you building on cultheim. The admins have all I've ever thought about for the events written down, all that's really required is for you cultists to pick up the torch that I guess I'm dropping.

:(

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    So I think I'd like to apologise for my ranting several months ago and come back to the server. I do, however, have one question- what is the current plan for 1.3? Last I heard we would be getting a new map (the current one is about a year old, right?)

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    If there's going to be a new map I will wait to make a magic academy

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Avoid police.

58200881303AM_baby.jpg

leorio6.jpg
    Q6wsM.jpg
    @SOPA
    sopashowdown1.png
    sopashowdown2.png
    jAZLd.jpg

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ladies and Gentlemen. As many of you know, our server is hosted on the good graces of Ultimak and the donations of the server population. It has been a while since we have asked, so it's time again to pass the hat.

Server funds are running low. If anyone feels so inclined and is in a position to do so, please donate. Even a buck or two is useful and appreciated. All of the funds go towards covering the hosting for the server, Ultimak isn't getting rich, or even a cup of coffee, off of this.

Your status on the server is not affected in any way by a decision to or not to donate. If you do donate, one of our many talented skin designers might make you a personal skin, but that's it.

Thanks for all your support.

Edit: Fixed the link. Am bad at internet.

grey on
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    grey wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen. As many of you know, our server is hosted on the good graces of Ultimak and the donations of the server population. It has been a while since we have asked, so it's time again to pass the hat.

Server funds are running low. If anyone feels so inclined and is in a position to do so, please donate. Even a buck or two is useful and appreciated. All of the funds go towards covering the hosting for the server, Ultimak isn't getting rich, or even a cup of coffee, off of this.

Your status on the server is not affected in any way by a decision to or not to donate. If you do donate, one of our many talented skin designers might make you a personal skin, but that's it.

Seems that donate link is wrong, here is the donate page

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

Link-no-worky.
    And it's not even posted in the main post on the thread...
    Found it on the wiki though

E: Ultimak beat me to it... :c

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    There is no official time or target for the new map at the moment. There's a lot of speculating, but a lot depends on 1.3 plugin stability, how 1.4 shapes up, how interim projects on the server go, etc. Rest assured that we'll talk it out here and everyone will know what we can and can't do.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    So, here's a question

didn't notice much about it on the rules wiki

Are Nether Portals okay to make? What about the skylands (if there even is a way to make one)?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Nether portals are a-ok to make, they just come with a small chance of death...
    Occasionally, due to the Multiverse mod, the portal will say 'This portal goes nowhere!' and you make get stuck in a wall, shot out at high speeds, etc...
    I've never seen it happen, but I assure you people have. There is a guaranteed safe portal in Ispawnbul on Old West Road should you not want to make your own. (It is a VERY small chance your own portal doesn't work though...)
    As for the Skylands I'd assume it'd be okay to make one in there (you can't make a portal to Skylands however), but that's just me assuming things.

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I haven't played in a good long while and things are a smidge tight right now, so I am going to hold off on donating.

If it becomes a serious question of whether we can afford to keep things running, I will bite the bullet and put in some cashes. Otherwise, forgive my miserly-ness this round.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Nether portals *from* the main world are fine. As mentioned above, assume that the portal can kill you on a whim (because MultiVerse is a jerk). I highly recommend *not* building one from the other direction (starting in the nether), though, because the portal it creates in the overworld can intersect someone's stuff. And that would be a little bit being a dick. (Yes, it's possible to map it out so that doesn't happen, but ... yeah, if you want to roll the dice.)

Placing a cobble shack around your nether portal when you land will make it somewhat safer, since if MV decides to fire you off at some angle you at least won't end up in a lava lake.

If you figure out how to make a portal to skylands, you get a gold sticker. :)

(Edit: i spel gud)

introp on
  • Options
    Oh, it is possible?

I want that gold star. Any hints?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Things I learned about the portal tricks the hard way: make sure you have at least a two block clearance all around your portal to make sure you don't get stuck in a wall, and put a pick in slot one so that if you do end up in a wall you can possible dig yourself out before you suffocate. This could still happen with the two block clearance since the portal in the nether may decide to make you a new exit portal in skylands somewhere (and tell you that new portal goes nowhere). If that happens, you either have to get a teleport from an admin, take the respawn express and forget your loots, or go for a really long walk involving many makeshift bridges.

• Options
    You have to get a gross of creepers to follow you to muffin's new house and get them all to detonate within two seconds of each other.

(It is not possible.)

• Options
    Things I learned about the portal tricks the hard way: make sure you have at least a two block clearance all around your portal to make sure you don't get stuck in a wall, and put a pick in slot one so that if you do end up in a wall you can possible dig yourself out before you suffocate. This could still happen with the two block clearance since the portal in the nether may decide to make you a new exit portal in skylands somewhere (and tell you that new portal goes nowhere). If that happens, you either have to get a teleport from an admin, take the respawn express and forget your loots, or go for a really long walk involving many makeshift bridges.

This right here is why I hate MultiVerse. While good programmers write things that fail safe, MV seems to be coded to deliberately fail in the most spectacular way possible. Can't find the target portal because of a tricky bug in the code? Why, just call FirePlayer (which literally fires you out of the current block at a really fantastic speed). That's clearly the most sensible solution! Can't find the target portal in some other failure mode? Go make a new target one in a completely different world, despite the fact that the current world is configured to never auto-link to that one! BRILLIANT.

Portal management is equally disaster-prone. The admin instruction page has a long section dedicated to MV portals and it includes wonderful phrases like "if you don't do this we have to blow up the portal file and start over after a while" and "do not f*** with the Ispawnbul nether portal; it will break up the ying-yang."

I dream of the day when MV is gone.

• Options
    introp wrote: »
    You have to get a gross of creepers to follow you to muffin's new house and get them all to detonate within two seconds of each other.

(It is not possible.)

well

we wont know for sure unless I try

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    so. hale is leaving? did someone blow up his house or something?

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    These screenshots renders are making me weep. especially the last ones.

Game of thrones, minecraft edition:

http://imgur.com/a/zqtpz

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    I'm also outbound, aside from the forums and occasionally the dynmap. Maybe when a new map comes up I'll swing back to MC. I'll still be chatting with all of you here though, and those of you who know my steam profile can hit me up there.
    @Haleskarth and I are running away together to join the circus! He throws knives at me while I get hit by them!

• Options
    so. hale is leaving? did someone blow up his house or something?

Yes, I blew up his house. I'm history's greatest monster!

• Options
    Avoid police.

58200881303AM_baby.jpg

leorio6.jpg
    Q6wsM.jpg
    @SOPA
    sopashowdown1.png
    sopashowdown2.png
    jAZLd.jpg

SOPABATTLE3.png
    SOPABATTLE4.png
    SOPABATTLE5.png

• Options
    Mayday! Mayday! Server down! What do?

• Options
    looking into it <3

• Options
    okay. so, beyond my capabilties. Sorry guys, gonna have to wait for someone with a noggin for this stuff to wake up.

• Options
    okay. so, beyond my capabilties. Sorry guys, gonna have to wait for someone with a noggin for this stuff to wake up.

Didja hit it with a hammer?

• Options
    no but i tried turning it off and turning it on again.

• Options
    no but i tried turning it off and turning it on again.

Well I suppose that's good enough...
    Frankly, I just wanted to /kill a bunch and harass everyone. /me sighs.

• Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    HA!
    I saw an article about this browser extension and knew that I had to let people on here know about it. This is for you Zoerp. tannr.com/herp-derp-youtube-comments/

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I'll throw some money at the server when I get home tonight.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    What mods are on the server?

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    And Hale isn't allowed to leave. I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular

Here ya go

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    It seems to be either a host or datacenter issue preventing the server from starting, support ticket is out so we just have to wait a little bit.
    Aeyther wrote: »

Here ya go

Just to expand on this, most of these mods are for server protection or are slight enhancements to how minecraft works. We try to stick pretty close to vanilla minecraft while making some adjustments that will work better in a smp enviroment.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular

Edit: Fixed the link. Am bad at internet.

I get paid on Friday so I should be able to send some your way then.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The server I started on recently with my friend is a weird place.

Apparently the players are hell-bent on being as anti-social as possible. They travel thousands of blocks from spawn to make their houses and worry about the server population even though it's only at about 9 people max, none of whom play the same times.

It seems like if someone could integrate support for online chat into single-player they'd save a lot on server costs.

I might come back to Ispawnbul and maybe extend an invite to my friend also if I can. Shit is boring.

• Options
    Thats what you get for defecting.

Why do you think we encourage group activities ;d

• Options
    NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    Aeyther wrote: »

Here ya go

I should have seen that when I was scouring the Wiki. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.