As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel vs. Capcom 3] - Salt levels reaching critical mass

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I know things about shuma... if we're talking mvc2 :(

have fun having people drop out of your incredibly finicky combos all the time for no reason whatsoever

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    You're not exactly inspiring hope here.

Although maybe that's for the best.

• Options
    step one of shuma in mvc3 is dont play shuma in mvc3

like I wish I was kidding

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    I know things about shuma... if we're talking mvc2 :(
    have fun having people drop out of your incredibly finicky combos all the time for no reason whatsoever
    step one of shuma in mvc3 is dont play shuma in mvc3
    like I wish I was kidding
    You're not exactly inspiring hope here.

Although maybe that's for the best.

Shuma hasn't changed in any meaningful ways from vanilla that I'm aware of, and because of that, sadly, what Blackbeard says still holds true. Essentially everything Blackbeard said was wrong with Shuma when vanilla launched is still wrong with Shuma now.

His Mystic Ray assist is pretty good, and really fun on keep away teams, alongside a decent level three you can combo into but then you're stuck with multi-hit moves that chew through hit-stun deterioration, multi-hit moves that do shitty damage even with every multi-hit fully hitting, a potentially awesome but in reality terrible jumping S (pretty sure the hit-box on it is balls in both vanilla and ultimate making it useless for box jump overheads even if Shuma had a better air-dash). Maybe he can do an easy TAC infinite or has a TOD combo now I'm not aware of, been a long time since I've put any effort into playing or reading anything on Shuma, but I doubt he has anything new that makes him much better.

He's still fun to play but for how much work you put into learning his awkward ass normals and combos just to make him tolerable you could have learned another character that's far more useful like Captain America or Iron-Man, if going the fun and/or lesser played route, or put time into learning a popular tourney character (Zero, Vergil, Dante, Magneto, etc.) instead.

• Options
    one time I saw a cool hulk combo involving mystic ray assist but that is about it

its like they went out of my way to give a character tools and then give him moves that work so far against them that it had to have been delibrate

"hmm yes lets give him this otg super and make sure he can never land it outside of the corner because of the nature of j.S"

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    theres a distinct chance shuma might be even harder in ultimate due to the hitstun and meter gain changes but I'm not entirely sure

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Argh! Blackbeard I didn't recognise you with that avatar change.

Shuma is bad. He's not god-awful but he's still a country mile from "good". I remember a time where folks anticipated Shuma-Gorath, and then they got him and his best friend "horrible disappointment". Also I recall a time people touted Mystic Ray assist as a great way to beat MorriDoom missile. Pshyeah, good luck with that 50+ frame start-up clearing your screen.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Facing up against even really good Shuma players, Shuma's problems were almost always too much for them to overcome. He can lots of great stuff, but unfortunately it all seems to break something, whether it be the damage scaling or just letting opponents fall out of combos. People would throw him on anchor so he had the XF3 and meter to work with, but he was always annoying rather than really dangerous.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Urgh I just got the shit kicked out of me 14-12 by my friend playing his Tron/Hulk/Thor team (yeah that was what I thought: Stack health, can't go wrong there).

I ran Nemesis(Launcher Slam)/Magneto(Disruptor)/Strider(Vajra) the entire night too. The problem is, even though it's only day 2 with him on my team and Vajra has seriously upped my Nemesis game, I have no fucking clue what to do with Strider. Pretty much my option is "Summon bird/tiger, go for teleport mix-up" and it didn't work at all tonight. I had to rely on brute-forcing my way past Thor and Hulk and Tron in XF3 and just going combo combo combo.

Does anyone else play Strider? What the hell are you supposed to do with a Strider anchor? :(

I am soooo tempted to switch it to Nemesis/Strider/Magneto. Magneto doesn't get a whole lot out of a hard knockdown from Vajra, and Strider could use a beam to help him get across but it kills any real Nemesis DHC damage and he has to work that much harder to get in and deal damage/resets because Bioweapon Assault > Legion is piss-all damage compared to my preferred Bioweapon Assault > Magnetic Tempest. Urgh!

Dunxco on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Does anyone else play Strider? What the hell are you supposed to do with a Strider anchor? :(

Level 3 X Factor Ouroboros teleport shenanigans

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    https://www.wepay.com/donations/that-stream-equipment

here. we. go.

Trying to expand the horizons here a little bit. Hoping that this will turn out well for poor isolated online blokes like myself.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    B:L wrote: »
    Dunxco wrote: »

Level 3 X Factor Ouroboros teleport shenanigans

Pretty much this. If he comes in with meter, hold on to your butt but otherwise you're gonna have to put in a bunch more work.
    https://www.wepay.com/donations/that-stream-equipment

here. we. go.

Trying to expand the horizons here a little bit. Hoping that this will turn out well for poor isolated online blokes like myself.
    Was about to donate but you seem to have made your moneys already. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Kinder made all the moneys super-quick.

Re: Strider - yeah X-Factor lv3 Ouroboros is sick, the problem I have is opening people up with mix-ups when X-Factor runs out, and/or when Ouroboros runs out. Outside of those two situations (which may not be fairly common in actual matches but is common against my friend in particular due to his team having over 3.5mil health) my options seem to boil down to "Throw animal, then teleport or wall-cling". It's not particularly awe-inspiring but I guess I just have to work on my Strider.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Last night I reset my online stats. The climb to rank 6 was taking forever, so I thought maybe a fresh start with a little momentum would help.

I did get to 500 wins before resetting though. 500-724. Not awful, not great.

I'm already back to where I was - 9th Lord - and have a 36-30 record, which is good for me.

Strange/Hawkeye/Cap.

Hawkeye gets more hate mail than any character I've ever played.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Last night I reset my online stats. The climb to rank 6 was taking forever, so I thought maybe a fresh start with a little momentum would help.

I did get to 500 wins before resetting though. 500-724. Not awful, not great.

I'm already back to where I was - 9th Lord - and have a 36-30 record, which is good for me.

Strange/Hawkeye/Cap.

Hawkeye gets more hate mail than any character I've ever played.

It's weird isn't it? The online community acts like unless you play some douche with a sword/trenchcoat and just rush everyone the fuck down somehow you're not playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Fuck zoning and keepaway, man! Screw that! I'mma pick Dante and get all up in yo face with sword normals and demon guitar and blaaaaaaeeeeeeergegghgaha!

Then you Gimlet him in the face and laugh. I love Gimlet just for that chuckle at the end by Hawkeye. My sentiments exactly, Clint.

See you stuck with Cap as the anchor. If it works for you, go for it!

Dunxco on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Thanks! Your advice was great - I really see the synergy with Cap on point, and I think if I ever played in a tournament against anyone other than the trenchcoat rushdown crowd, it would be great.

But Strange on point really is working well, purely because no one seems to understand what he's doing, and I tend to just get a lot of wins based off shaking people up and putting them into panic mode. Charging star assist right off the bat almost ALWAYS knocks back the wolvie/dante/vergil point person my opponent is using, and lets me make an eye of aggomoto, and push it out. Teleport M behind, and mix up, ending in Vinshanti DHC into Gimlet, and now the opponent is totally confused as to what just happened, and barely 5 seconds have passed.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Luncheon LoafLuncheon Loaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I think Strange on point is plenty valid. If you can x-factor confirm a SoV into teleport impact palm you can kill with that 1 meter off the bat. It's a useful skill. Also, his assists are pretty meh so it's not like Doom or Sent where you're missing a huge bonus by playing them point.

Don't know about running cap over hawk on anchor though.

My current team is Dorm/Doom/Sent and figuring out the order is killing me. I'm best with Doom by far but missing out on his beam for teleport mix-ups or missiles in general is just crap. Also, TACing into him is a huge bonus. I'm not the biggest fan of Sent anchor but he does become way more playable with the speed boost of xfactor. sigh this game. I'm considering going back to ghostrider/doom/dorm just because fuck you that's why. :P

Luncheon Loaf on
    xbl: halophilicNC
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Do you have any notations of the Vergil combos you use? Any? Even / especially solo ones? I keep finding unhelpful videos and I really just want the notation to read and figure out myself.
    Alright, getting around to this now. I use '>' for cancelling normals and 'xx' for canceling into specials, and ',' for links. Just listing a couple noteworthy combos. Spoiler for large:
    BNB
    cr.L (hold) > cr.M > cr.H > Stinger xx Trick M, st.H > S > H xx release L, cr. H xx Judgement Cut L xx Spiral Swords (hold L), ...

solo: Lunar Phase, (walk back slightly) release L, cr.H xx Judgement Cut L*, Lunar Phase, High Time xx Dimension Slash
    *: can Spiral Swords again and repeat as many times as you have meter if required

team: dash jump Helm Breaker, jump Helm Breaker, call Nova & release L (opponent must not hit the ground), (slight delay) Lunar Phase, hard tag to Frank, camera xx super
    (this combo doesn't feel optimized, but I'm happy enough that it works)

Ranged Punish (could start with the Stinger if almost full screen)
    st. H > Stinger xx Rising Sun xx Trick, sj M > H > S, cr. H > Stinger xx Trick M, cr. H xx Spiral Swords (hold L), ... (see above solo combo)

Note: if you find the first Lunar Phase in the spiral swords combo to be failing because you are too close, try just doing two helm breakers instead)

Nova variant: st. H > Stinger > S sjc M > M > H > Helm Breaker, call Nova & High Time xx Trick, Stinger xx Trick M, cr. H xx Spiral Swords (hold L), ...

After Catching an Assist with Helm Breaker (or a very short combo into Helm Breaker, may have to cut short depending on the combo)
    Helm Breaker, High Time xx X-Factor (any level), sj H > S, st.H > S sjc H > Helm Breaker, call Nova & High Time xx Trick, Stinger xx Trick M, cr. H xx Lunar Phase, High Time xx Dimension Slash

Noteworthy Level 3 X-Factor Combo (can usually brainlessly annihilate people. Just informing that this is possible)
    (if already in L3 X-Factor) Helm Breaker xx Devil Trigger, High Time xx Trick, sj L > S, cr. H > Stinger xx Trick M, st. H > S sjc H > Helm Breaker, High Time xx Dimension Slash if actually needed

Corner Sprial Swords Combo (if both bounces are avaialable, for example if you are DHCing into it from Nova's Beam. Can cut this short if they aren't available)
    Spiral Swords (hold L), release L, S > H xx Judgement Cut L (hold L), Lunar Phase, cr. H > Stinger (slight delay as opponent bounces over you) xx release L, cr. H xx Judgement Cut L, Lunar Phase, High Time xx Dimension Slash

Note: I haven't had much success with doing the above combo after a stinger in the corner unless it's immediately after a Lunar Phase, such as in this combo, but it should be possible to work that into a normal corner BNB.
    Note2: In most of the above combos, you can do a Trick M before High Time xx Dimension Slash, which usually results in more damage (Dimension Slash is pretty finicky) and can be good for positioning. You can actually cancel Helm Breaker into Trick, so it should be possible in any combo ending with Helm Breaker, or any X-Factor combo.

• Options
    I think Strange on point is plenty valid. If you can x-factor confirm a SoV into teleport impact palm you can kill with that 1 meter off the bat. It's a useful skill. Also, his assists are pretty meh so it's not like Doom or Sent where you're missing a huge bonus by playing them point.

Don't know about running cap over hawk on anchor though.

My current team is Dorm/Doom/Sent and figuring out the order is killing me. I'm best with Doom by far but missing out on his beam for teleport mix-ups or missiles in general is just crap. Also, TACing into him is a huge bonus. I'm not the biggest fan of Sent anchor but he does become way more playable with the speed boost of xfactor. sigh this game. I'm considering going back to ghostrider/doom/dorm just because fuck you that's why. :P

I like Strange either on point or second - Strange kinda needs an assist to get around the fact that outside of teleports he's so slow, and such a big hitbox for a relatively low-life character without godlike Magneto speed or an airdash. His assists are good but there's no blanket "good" assist there. With Akuma you just take Tatsu and leave it at that unless you're going for something very specific. Same with Sent drones unless you're running Jill because her L command grab after calling air drones means she can combo off of their OTG.

I like the idea of running Cap over Hawkeye in theory. In theory Hawkeye is a great anchor if your opponent has already popped X-Factor, otherwise it's not too bad to chase Hawkeye down and just end him. Cap can burn through teams, especially characters that like to fill the screen with shit. With charging star and convert it into a hyper there and then. In X-Factor 3 this is over 800k damage just for a punish. Midscreen? A simple Sweep > L Charging Star > H Charging Star > Hyper Charging Star is 1mil easy. That is terrifying damage for one tiny fuck-up that I don't think Hawkeye can do without blowing a level 3. Not to mention Cap is sturdy as all hell. It's not ideal, but it's possible.

Fuck you that's why is like the best reason to do anything in this game ever. :P That's a really good team you got there that's tough as hell to order.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Awesome, exactly what I was looking for, Ashton. Thanks.

The first combo I have mostly down, now, but it feels weird for a Zero vet to not be charging buster the whole time if it's an option lol.

I am having trouble properly spacing the first Lunar, the final hit is missing :(. Might try your suggestion of two helm breakers.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Awesome, exactly what I was looking for, Ashton. Thanks.

The first combo I have mostly down, now, but it feels weird for a Zero vet to not be charging buster the whole time if it's an option lol.

I am having trouble properly spacing the first Lunar, the final hit is missing :(. Might try your suggestion of two helm breakers.

Yeah, that's a common problem and it takes awhile to adjust, and even then you see some of the best Vergil players drop it sometimes. The key is making sure they aren't too high. Doing a cr. H before the spiral swords usually fixes that problem, but the timing for it varies by character, and it sometimes pushes them so far that they fall out before you even do the Lunar Phase. I just skip that and try to delay the Spiral Swords a bit, and then slightly delay the Lunar Phase if they are too high (crouching so that the swords hit them lower can help, too).

If you notice that the Lunar Phase is going to drop, pretty much all you can do is cancel it early into a Dimension Slash.

• Options
    Good tips.

On the bright side, this new team has been massacring people. It's amazing what even an assist change can do since I'm rarely even getting to Vergil at this point.

Increased combo damage from his assist for Zero and Nova (the extension allows for more damage than Wesker gunshot) + the rapid slash helping the neutral alone is paying huge dividends.

I'm rarely even DHC'ng out of Nova Force, the slightly over 700k damage from his combo, the assist, and how I end it is usually enough to finish them since they've been chipped.
    It feels like a sick team.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Good tips.

On the bright side, this new team has been massacring people. It's amazing what even an assist change can do since I'm rarely even getting to Vergil at this point.

Increased combo damage from his assist for Zero and Nova (the extension allows for more damage than Wesker gunshot) + the rapid slash helping the neutral alone is paying huge dividends.

I'm rarely even DHC'ng out of Nova Force, the slightly over 700k damage from his combo, the assist, and how I end it is usually enough to finish them since they've been chipped.
    It feels like a sick team.

That definitely sounds like a good team.
    I've been thinking about my character selection this week, since my group decided that we really want to go to EVO next year, and even if I know I can't place, I want to do as good as possible, and that means getting a little bit more serious about character selection (in general, not just Marvel).

The two teams I'm thinking about right now are x/Vergil/Frank and Dormammu/x/Vergil (although Dorm could go second in that team, I'm not really sure). I can't decide who the best possible characters for the x in those teams would be. It might very well be Magneto in both of them, although Zero might work in the first team IF it's possible to DHC from Rekkoha into Spiral Swords in the corner and pick up a combo. I've considered Wesker in both teams as well, and X-23 in the first.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I've been thinking about my character selection this week, since my group decided that we really want to go to EVO next year, and even if I know I can't place, I want to do as good as possible, and that means getting a little bit more serious about character selection (in general, not just Marvel).

The two teams I'm thinking about right now are x/Vergil/Frank and Dormammu/x/Vergil (although Dorm could go second in that team, I'm not really sure). I can't decide who the best possible characters for the x in those teams would be. It might very well be Magneto in both of them, although Zero might work in the first team IF it's possible to DHC from Rekkoha into Spiral Swords in the corner and pick up a combo. I've considered Wesker in both teams as well, and X-23 in the first.

Imho, first team go Nova / Vergil / Frank. You said you can hardtag in Frank after the Spiral Swords / Lunar hard knock down, right? Well, there y'go.

And if Nova stops his Nova Force (in the air) early, it transforms into a hard knock down.

Zero's Rekkoha will result with them air tech'ng, spiral swords is probably not an option.

I am not a fan of Dormammu on point. Too many people will crowd him before the round start. I'd suggest putting him second.

Another awesome team that more people should try is Dante / Wesker / Strider or Dante / Vergil / Strider.

It's wicked.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Imho, first team go Nova / Vergil / Frank. You said you can hardtag in Frank after the Spiral Swords / Lunar hard knock down, right? Well, there y'go.

And if Nova stops his Nova Force (in the air) early, it transforms into a hard knock down.

Zero's Rekkoha will result with them air tech'ng, spiral swords is probably not an option.

I am not a fan of Dormammu on point. Too many people will crowd him before the round start. I'd suggest putting him second.
    Nova would certainly work, but I've used him for awhile and he doesn't really "click" for me, and I have a feeling that there are better options. I'll be happy enough playing Vergil/Frank if I go with that first team, so I really just want the other character to be really good. I certainly know about the hard knockdown thing, since that was the reason I was putting him before Frank (and it works if you DHC to Devil Trigger and then hardtag to Frank).

And yeah, I've played Dorm on point for awhile, but I can definitely see why putting him second could be better.

I can't help but feel that leading Magneto would be best for both teams, considering the meter he builds for Vergil and Dormammu. Learning him would be tough, but I've got time, and there's a couple good Magneto players around here who I know would be willing to help me learn.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    I can't help but feel that leading Magneto would be best for both teams, considering the meter he builds for Vergil and Dormammu. Learning him would be tough, but I've got time, and there's a couple good Magneto players around here who I know would be willing to help me learn.
    I think Magneto is a great choice. Dooo eeeeit.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    I really want to make a magneto/dorm/dante team.

Not sure I have the execution for mags or dante though.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Luncheon LoafLuncheon Loaf Registered User regular
    It's just a matter of spending the time in training mode.

xbl: halophilicNC
  • Options
    I messed around with Mags in training for a while, just trying his various combos. It was tough, but didn't seem insurmountable. In fact, I'm considering hopping back in and giving him another shot.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any suggestions for who could play anchor/support on a Nova/Taskmaster/X team?

I really like those two together on the same team and I was trying to think of who could work with them.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Dorm Dark Hole, Vergil Rapid Slash, Dante Jam Session uhhhm,, pinning assists in general.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It's just a matter of spending the time in training mode.

This. This this this. I don't consider myself to have anything above average execution skills and it only took me a week to get Hypergrav loops down (I'm working on EMP loops now). Mags is pretty awesome because it's really satisfying to pull of his combos. Maybe it's just me but being able to pull off stuff that you see F.Champ or Fanatiq do is excuse for an internal fist-pump.
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions for who could play anchor/support on a Nova/Taskmaster/X team?

I really like those two together on the same team and I was trying to think of who could work with them.

This is an interesting team because of your Taskmaster being where he is on your team, Nova has his projectile assist well and truly covered (if you go for horizontal). Just looking at their tools, neither character should have much trouble when it comes to people dicking about in the air. My gut choice would probably be putting Spencer in and seeing what sort of combo extensions/resets you could get out of his slant shots. If you don't want to go Spencer, there are other examples that've been mentioned - Vergil, Dormammu... Personally I think Skrull makes a good anchor in this situation - you have a shell there that only has lv1 Hyper combos, and they can build meter by themselves pretty well. This means Skrull comes in with a truckload of meter (which he loves) and can start pounding people's faces in with his flaming rock-poop hands. His assists aren't to die for, but he can work comfortably in that slot.

Also, Akuma. Take what I said about that shell's hyper guage usage (powerful lv1 Hyper combos) and how it was great for Skrull, now apply it to someone with near-instant start-up full-screen lasers.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Dorm, Skrull, and Akuma all sound very interesting.

I will probably try out Akuma and Dorm the next time I get a chance. I never was a very good Skrull player, so I'll probably pass on that for now.

I was also considering using Sentinel, but not sure if I really want to deal with the plastic robot.

• Options
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Dorm, Skrull, and Akuma all sound very interesting.

I will probably try out Akuma and Dorm the next time I get a chance. I never was a very good Skrull player, so I'll probably pass on that for now.

I was also considering using Sentinel, but not sure if I really want to deal with the plastic robot.

Personal preference? Sentinel is a great person to come in for your team in the second spot. If your point character dies off of a touch-of-death in a worst-case-scenario (considering the common point characters - Magneto, Wesker etc and not people like Rocket Raccoon) you'll get either a meter or nearly a meter. Sentinel avoids all incoming mixups thanks to Hard Drive. Plus Plasma Storm is just fantastic to DHC into at the end of a combo for big damage, and Hyper Sentinel Force is still a really strong defensive hyper (unless someone just super-jumps over. I haven't figured out how to beat this unless I DHC again or pop X-Factor).

Love it when I read about people ragging on Sentinel - he's garbage after the health nerf. Sentinel has no good match-ups outside of big characters or the bottom-scrapers you never see. Yeah, on paper, he has a criminally small pool of good match-ups. But! As someone much better than me rightly pointed out: The moment Sentinel hits you with that boot? Good/bad match-ups and theory go out the window. He's still really threatening outside of X-Factor. As an anchor though? Well, he can still put in the work. There are better anchors, but Sentinel still puts in the work.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Good games tonight Sivraj! That last set was a little bonkers. I was super bummed that my second level 3 with Iron Fist whiffed in that one match. I think I input it just a little too late. Although it led to an absolute nailbiter of a timeout, haha.

I haven't touched Wolverine in months. I thought he would be like riding a bike (I sort of played him in vanilla) but man, he just felt completely foreign to me.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    So far during Ultimate I've been playing Nova/X/Sent. I've started playing Hulk/Nova/Sent and I now realize that I have been a colossal ass for months for not switching Nova to second. Hulk get's so much extension from Nova. I've always hated Hulk's low damage outside of corner combos, but now with Nova and Sent assist I can go almost coast to coast and can land two Hypers with Hulk in a single combo. I'm really liking this switch.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Good games tonight Sivraj! That last set was a little bonkers. I was super bummed that my second level 3 with Iron Fist whiffed in that one match. I think I input it just a little too late. Although it led to an absolute nailbiter of a timeout, haha.

I haven't touched Wolverine in months. I thought he would be like riding a bike (I sort of played him in vanilla) but man, he just felt completely foreign to me.

YOU HAVE SHOWN ME THE LIGHT!!. XF3 Anchor Iron Fist will become my main on all teams!!

Yeah, that last set of matches was hilarious. :lol:

So, as you saw, my Sentinel is still a bit fresh. Though, I really wasn't digging Taskmaster on point. I don't know why, but it just feels so awkward for him to be out there already. I definitely prefer him as 2nd or anchor. I think I'm ultimately going to end up with Nova/Task/Sent and see how I do with him as anchor. Since that was the original plan all along.

However, I kinda liked sentinel as 2nd. Easy to avoid mixups and hecan get extra damage with OTG rocket punch, centurion rush assist rocket punch.

I'll probably try a few matches with Sent/Task/Nova though, just so I can have more playtime with Sent.

The plastic robot has intrigued me.

Sivraj on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I might pick up Dante.

Because I hate myself.

Wesker/Dante/Mags sounds like a dumb enough team?

Edit: Fun fact - Akuma refers to Sentinel and Nemesis as "Junk" during a TAC/DHC/Raw tag.

Sent on point is weird because at start of match you can nullify everything bar grabs with just CrM. It's so funny to see someone tridash at you and then out come the clogs. I think it's a better choice than Taskmaster on point, but either way you're giving up very good assists for that. I also don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with Taskmaster anchor. He's got very high health, good keepaway/zoning tools, powerful Hypers you can chain together (with practice, in the corner, on downed people). Oh and eating armour with standing H. Fuck standing H.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with task on anchor. My main team used to run task on anchor until Biz suggested for my specific team makeup to try task 2nd. Turns out I actually think the team flows very well.

I'm not opposed to the idea of having task last so I'll have to give that a shot as well.

As for team wesker/Dante/mags, it sounds very good. I know wesker is able to combo off of mags beam pretty easily and Dante is just good in general.

Sivraj on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Only problem I see with Task as Anchor is that its a bit harder for him to open people up on his lonesome so making a 2 to 1 comeback and be tricky.