As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally! New map time! [MINECRAFT]!

• Options
    HofstaHofsta The Coolest Ever New YorkRegistered User regular
    Reteah, I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what you stumbled upon. I saw the rail there while they were building it and asked about it. I was told it wasn't an issue so I didn't press it.

Please contact me either in game or via pm about this and w'ell get it sorted out. I'm very very sorry for the trouble.

Hofsta needs employment.

www.retroveractive.com
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    Rehtaeh wrote: »
    So... I just got back from a fabulous vacation in Bali! for the last couple of weeks I have been kinda unreachable since Bali isn't know for being a gaming/internet vacation spot supreme...

In any case, I logged on this morning and got on the rail headed to Ispawnbul when all of the sudden to my very GREAT surprise, I found myself smack in the middle of... well... at first I thought in the nether. Possibly something /else/ ;). Someone probably tried to ask about building along that route but since I was MIA for a few weeks was unable to reach me. My husband was also MIA, and I think my sis and bro-in-law who are also dependant on that rail were also unavailable this last week or so. I don't mind having massive unexpected caverns along my rail route, but well... I miss the rail itself. A lot. :( Can I get it fixed please?? Thanks for helping out, great cavern building types! :)

I'll address this because it was me. We hit your line while building the cult but no one knew whose it was and one of the entrances mentioned a maintenance line so I was waiting for someone who actually knew before changing its direction at whim. I'm sure they can also build it straight through, we were just waiting on word from anyone that might still actively know something about it before things hit the fan.

Sorry Rehtaeh, my bad.

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    I will go repair it and make everything better *admin fairy*

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    As a general reminder to everyone, if your building project runs into something that you didn't build, find out whose stuff it is and talk to them before you make any modifications. If you can't figure out who owns the thing, PM an admin and we'll check it out with hawkeye and get their username. If it's too old to be in the hawkeye database, we'll let you know to post here in the thread asking for the owner (with details about the build so the owner can recognize it); if a reasonable time goes by (usually around a week, depending on the scale of changes you want to make) and no one responds, you can go ahead with your changes.

The system works pretty well and keeps us from stepping on each other's builds. :)

Edit: one of the many reasons to put signs and dates on your builds (*cough* as the rules require *cough*), 'cause people are a lot nicer when they don't have to work their tailbones off to find you. :)

introp on
    Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    My experience with the minecraft server has been overwhelmingly lovely, just to provide a little contrast. And, seriously, the admins are cool people, and everyone should feel comfortable talking to them about server problems.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Sopa wrote: »
    o (◡‿◡✿) MINOKURAFUTO (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96M5LFaDAFs
    O.O hahahahaahha!!!!!!!!!
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Every single door was intact. Every one. I checked all the buildings since I suspected it might have been zombies invading like you said. No NPCs and the golem was gone too. I even checked the well in the off-chance that maybe they had all gotten stuck in it or something, and looked around outside in case they somehow warped out like a sheep. Nope.

O.o D:

"Haiyore! Kuriipaa-san!"

Best translation I can give is "Creep, Mr. Creeper!"

I can't really make out the details of the lyrics other than to say apparently it is a love-harem concept except that all of the characters are Minecraft creatures instead of girls.

this is far more amazing than it has any right to be

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    The cult ain't care about lightworld problems like rails. Pls.
    @Rehtaeh You should return sometime. I have a welcome gift for you. You'll find the Dark Ones quite generous and your experience will be....pleasurable.

Also thanks Muffins for your hard work with the rail. <3

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Thats what you get for defecting.

Why do you think we encourage group activities ;d

It wasn't anything personal Apri.

I just liked being a big-shot in front of a bunch of newbies. They were still building cobble cubes and marveling at stuff like pools of lava. I was like a mysterious guru to them!

But now I realize they suck and I want to come back to the server, even if it means being forgotten among rows and rows of extravagant housing and amazing redstone machinery and unfamiliar mods.

• Options
    NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    Do people help each other out on personal builds much? I like helping.

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    You can offer, some people would love to have some help on their builds, particularly if you like digging : b

• Options
    Especially starting out, I think it would be nice to kind of work for someone. Might help to get the hang of some of the more advanced features in the game.

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    Some of the best moments for me on this server have been pitching in with a big group of people to dig something out

• Options
    Yeah, back when I was playing a lot I'd sometimes go "anyone want any help?" and I'd end up in shackles in Fluff's mage tower basement digging smuggler's tunnels until I could escape (again).

Seriously, though, sometimes you'll be like "hey you want any help?" and the only people online are solitary folks or are in a particular stage of a project. Don't take it hard if no one pipes up. Maybe in a couple days when you ask again there will be a thing that you can help with. Posting here like you did is probably the best, actually. Someone will likely see it and say "want to come help build this giant glass dome (until you never want to see another minecraft sphere in your life)?"

At this late hour of the map we tend to have a lot of spread-out projects going on, but I know of at least two big builds still going.

• Options
    If you want someone to help out and you play relatively often-ish then you can come help on Illum, I've got a bunch of projects I don't mind handing over if you want to experiment and so forth.

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Hey junpei check your PMs

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think I'll join up with the flavor of the month and make a house in that underground city. So… how do I find it?

• Options
    Thanks Psyck0, I'll look into it : )

A little annoyed with myself atm, did over an hour of recording and all but I had turned off my mic for an earlier skype conference : (

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    So I'm working on a few projects in creative singleplayer and I think to myself "Gee, it would be nice to see what other people think about this design. I've got five variations and don't know which to use." I don't currently have an internet connection to host anything myself, so how feasible would it be to mess around with my singleplayer world in the SE++ test server?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Not at all, Duke.

Edit: it was pointed it my message scans with the wrong tone. The list of reasons that it wouldn't be feasible is long, starting with the difficulty of changing maps and ending with the fact that we're actually using the test server to test plugins for the bukkit upgrade to 1.2.5.

introp on
  • Options
    zombuniezombunie Registered User new member
    To the wonderful marvelous fixing stuff god like admins:
    *facepalm* I got blowed up when I was squatting in a mountain island hidey hole. It blew up the bed too. I'm super sorry, but I have no idea how to get back there. I hope it was only a temp bed and I didn't just ruin somebodies spawn.
    Many appologies and much groveling

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Duke if you want our opinion on your Minecraft stuff then the only thing I can suggest is that you record yourself demonstrating it all and post it to YouTube.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I'll resume RP for Muscaria soon, been trying to think of what happens next. You also haven't discovered other hidden tidbits of information.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    introp wrote: »
    Not at all, Duke.

Edit: it was pointed it my message scans with the wrong tone. The list of reasons that it wouldn't be feasible is long, starting with the difficulty of changing maps and ending with the fact that we're actually using the test server to test plugins for the bukkit upgrade to 1.2.5.

Alright, no problem. Just wanted to inquire about the hard limits here. Hopefully when the next few updates come out this will be a seamless enough of a process to get Nuka on or something.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I once uploaded a singleplayer map to the server a long time ago and we used it just fine, however shit changes and I dunno if it will work anymore. What version are you on Duke? What size is the map itself? 10mb? 1gig? Is it all vanilla content?

It might also be easier just for you to take screenshots and ask us in here.

• Options
    1.2.5 6 megs of pure vanilla goodness. I tend to just plop down whatever comes to mind around spawn. I probably should make these things flatgrass maps but whatever. I'll see what I can showcase with screenshots and see where the limit can be taken to. That will have to be tomorrow, sorta late at the moment.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Foreperson Nuka
    Spidermoon, 613

Hello soup journal. Dust is begging for more mushrooms. People are eating it too fast. I don't understand why she won't just give it to me. I'll keep soup safe. There are no more mushrooms aside from what we got, so we gotta go to the Nether.

Soup journal, if I don't make it back, you can have all my soup. I'm bringing the robot lady and Zoerp so he can pretend to fall into lava 
     again.

nuka on
  • Options
    So some scary stuff in Minecraftland just popped up.

I don't know how much of a public target the server is or how soon this will be dealt with, but it's something to keep in mind. The dudes in Sweden should be waking up right about now, so it shouldn't last long.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    ok... weird. tried getting on the server, get connection lost code: 503 for URL: http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver..jsp?user=dar and it stretches off screen.

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    -
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

I don't know how much of a public target the server is or how soon this will be dealt with, but it's something to keep in mind. The dudes in Sweden should be waking up right about now, so it shouldn't last long.

All fixed!...
    Or at least the login server is back up.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    1.2.5 6 megs of pure vanilla goodness. I tend to just plop down whatever comes to mind around spawn. I probably should make these things flatgrass maps but whatever. I'll see what I can showcase with screenshots and see where the limit can be taken to. That will have to be tomorrow, sorta late at the moment.

We are capable of hosting it no problem, its more so trying to find a time to do it when the test server isnt in use. Currently we are using it to test the plugin setup to move us to 1.2.5 and then it will likely be used to mess around with 1.3 when that comes out.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    -

All fixed!...

is this why i couldn't connect to the server last night?
    but i havn't migrated to mojang account.

• Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    -

All fixed!...

is this why i couldn't connect to the server last night?
    but i havn't migrated to mojang account.

All servers that had online mode set to true (non-cracked servers) were temporarily taken down by Mojang whilst their staff attempted to fix this exploit.

http://www.mojang.com/2012/07/houston-we-have-a-problem/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    Spidermoon, 613

It has been a week and the cobbles have not shown me any signs of my husband.
     I am beginning to think something terrible befell him. Maybe he has lost hope in
     my return. Loneliness burdens my heart and I cannot force myself to confront the
     others in such a sad disposition. I have barricaded myself inside of this house and 
    have taken to watching the others below.

Dust seems a little on edge lately. I can see her peeking around each corner in paranoia.
     The cobbles tell me rumors amongst them. A trip to the nether is ensued due to a
     shortage in mushrooms. We are eating them faster than they can grow. I fear to 
    consider our options once food is no longer available. I must prepare.

Nothing else of importance seems to occur. The cobbles warn me to stay alert and adapt to
    the darkness. I know not what they mean, but I have a feeling the light of day fades away into 
    a dream and nothing more. As does the wish to see my husband again. I must begin the 
    mourning process. I cannot let the others see me. I shall break in the shadows. I fear my heart 
    will soon be made of cobble as well. I am becoming stone. The others cannot see me. 

Regretfully yours,
    Laikka Hofflesass

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Foreperson Nuka
    Spidermoon, 613

Dear backup Soup Journal, we didn't pack enough soup.

nuka on
  • Options
    RehtaehRehtaeh Registered User regular
    I don't mind about the rail re-routing, and I was outta touch on the other side of the planet when it happened so I don't mind about the not getting ahold of me thing either. (I put up a sign on my general building area, but didn't connect the dots to realize one would be needed at my rail site too!) Really, it was a pretty funny surprise when my rail ran out, and it's fixed up now anyhow. :)

• Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    @Laikka, your avatar is scandalous. Or I'm a pervert--I'm not sure.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    Both?

• Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    Both?

I did have some pretty juicy underboob as my signature here for a while--then I got yelled at... :(

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Is there a Minecraft group on 360 for SE++?

• Options
    I don't think it would be the same since you can't really have a persistent server, right?

Though I am happy to see that pistons were added recently. Stackable fences are nice, but you can't place them sideways over nothing. How annoying.

This discussion has been closed.