As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

• Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    I'm bringing a package of water bottles, potato salad, and .... regular old potato chips? *brings all the nightshades*

• Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    I'll...bring something. Not sure yet. I'll bring hand sanitizer for those of you feeling dirty.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    We need more tablecloths (cheap vinyl is perfect) and a big knife and cutting board for cutting a... Uh, watermelon. Yeah, that's it.

Also water.

Can someone bring?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    OMGWTFBBQ was fun until Andy ruined everything. I hope Andy's BBQ got rained all over.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Judging by the weather in Ballard an hour later, it did.

Great job as always, Red. Thanks for organizing.

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Next year I am going to enter the lottery in feb to try and get us one of the shelter thingies for a similar weekend.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    ANDY IS A JERK.

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I agree, BBQ was win. Red, let me know, I'll help cover the reservation fee next year.

• Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    The BBQ was awesome for the few hours I was there. That Andy is a dick. I can never watch Toy Story the same way again.

I also learned that queso dip is, in fact, a universal food and should be applied liberally to fruit, Oreos, and literally anything else.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Good thing I picked some up then!

But yes, great BBQ as always! :D

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    nianiania wrote: »
    ANDY IS A JERK.

So upon review, I discovered that Andy is actually dead and the BBQ is put on by his friends and family. So really Andy's friends are jerks.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    nianiania wrote: »
    ANDY IS A JERK.

So upon review, I discovered that Andy is actually dead and the BBQ is put on by his friends and family. So really Andy's friends are jerks.

"You can judge a man by the company he keeps."

...what does that say about me?

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    Not sure this is the right thread to spread this word, but the Minibosses will be at El Corazon this Saturday (June 23rd)... It doesn't seem this Arcade Armageddon thing was promoted very much by the organizers, but I figure PAXers in Seattle would want to know about it; maybe throw together a meetup around it.

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    Aw man, if I wasn't going camping this weekend I would be up for seeing the minibosses :(

• Options
    Post BluePost Blue Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    Initialdor wrote: »
    Not sure this is the right thread to spread this word, but the Minibosses will be at El Corazon this Saturday (June 23rd)... It doesn't seem this Arcade Armageddon thing was promoted very much by the organizers, but I figure PAXers in Seattle would want to know about it; maybe throw together a meetup around it.
    Yeah, I just happened to be browsing local venues for shows to expand my horizons, and I noticed that Arcade Armageddon thing. Sounds like a good time, though I hardly get any idea what to expect based on the promoter's description.

Moments before the wind.
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah I was kinda pissed that I didn't hear about this event sooner. My boss made plans for the day so I gotta stick around and run the business so I can't make it. I really wanted to see Electric Children too, and brawl tourneys are always fun. But oh well.

This is the right thread to post in though so no worries there. :P

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Are any forumers going to Paizocon in Redmond?

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    I will be at the Naked City Taphouse on Sunday night (July 1) from 7:00 - 9:00 for anyone who wants to pick up their PAX Forumer Stein in person. There will be a couple more of these this summer before PAX. There will be a board game or two as well, to help pass the time. Steins cost $7 if you're picking up in person. Cash only, please.

• Options
    I will be at the Naked City Taphouse on Sunday night (July 1) from 7:00 - 9:00 for anyone who wants to pick up their PAX Forumer Stein in person. There will be a couple more of these this summer before PAX. There will be a board game or two as well, to help pass the time. Steins cost $7 if you're picking up in person. Cash only, please.

A few of us might be heading over to grab those from the Mini-LAN (Mainly me, beta, and oz) so we can head back to the house and continue drinking. The goal is for one of us to be sober during this time to drive over.

• Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    Any ideas on when the next full sized LAN shall occur?

I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular

We're doing a Breaking Bad marathon tomorrow but maybe I can convince the BF to get out of the house for a while. Would love to meet up again for more awesome brews. We'll see how it goes. ;)

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    OK, not making it (obvs). Walked to a neighborhood restaurant and now on with more Breaking Bad!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    Yeah I wasnt able to make it either. Boo.

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    Bite of Seattle is in 2 weeks. This is a perfect opportunity to get out, enjoy the sun, and eat far too much food. It's at the Seattle Center from the 20th to the 22nd. We'll be there on the 21st at noon and we'll be meeting up on the south side of the International Fountain. That's the large fountain to the east of Key Arena.

Admission is free, though you'll want to bring cash for food.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    I will be going to this.
    Cronus wrote: »
    Bite of Seattle is in 2 weeks. This is a perfect opportunity to get out, enjoy the sun, and eat far too much food. It's at the Seattle Center from the 20th to the 22nd. We'll be there on the 21st at noon and we'll be meeting up on the south side of the International Fountain. That's the large fountain to the east of Key Arena.

Admission is free, though you'll want to bring cash for food.

I will go to this!

I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Brian4120 wrote: »
    I will be going to this.
    Cronus wrote: »
    -snipped-

I will go to this!

Oh man, look at this guy, he's going TWICE! :P

If I can get the day off, as well as transportation down there, I might just go as well.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    If anyone wants to pick up their stein in the Greenwood/Phinney/Ballard area over the weekend please let me know.

• Options
    Stein Pickup! Naked City tomorrow (Sunday 7/8) night for one hour from 8:00 - 9:00 PM.

• Options
    Heading up to the bar now. You can recognize me from the grey Portal shirt I'll be wearing, and the big cardboard box full o' steins on the table or bar with me.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    [SEA] Haethaus Mini-LAN v1.1 Aug 3-5 - I provide computers!

SO!

Here's the deal.

I have 11 gaming computers setup in my garage right now and I want to do a small event. This will be very heavily FPS based (with maybe some SC2 thrown in for a mixup).
    Theres also a couple spots if you want to bring your own machine.

Computers and mice are provided! (along with keyboards on the desktop systems)
    (Specs range from core i5/i7 machines with geforce gtx550m graphics up to gtx480 GPU's).
    I also have a couple extra BF3 accounts if you dont have it.

Lets play some games!

What is required from you if you want to come partake

That you own BF3 and maybe Starcraft 2 (I have 3 spare BF3 accounts if you dont have it)
    Bring a headset (and mouse/keyboard if you want your own)
    Follow the house booze/beer/party rules
    Donations for utilities consumption are welcome and highly encouraged but not required

MMO's, playing single player games, and rage quitting aren't allowed. This is an even smaller focused LAN than before. Us vs the Internet in games! Lets beat up on some pub players. Jihad jeep them to oblivion! We will take breaks to go booze it up and consume food.

PEOPLE GOING!

Whole time:

1. Oz_Pbbbbt
    2. Lord_Moon
    3. Haikon
    4. Gatzby
    5. Ris3n_Da3mon
    6. Snickers
    7. Sammich
    8. Sid

BYOC:
    1. BigRed
    2. Cakiea
    3. DaedalusLeto
    4. Darc
    5. North

WAITING LIST:

BigRed on
  • Options
    Bumping!

2 weeks until LAN and theres still 4 seats left.

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Since apparently I'm not allowed to be content with having a small birthday get-together, everyone come to Unicorn this Saturday at 7 PM to give me drinks and presents, k?

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Since apparently I'm not allowed to be content with having a small birthday get-together, everyone come to Unicorn this Saturday at 7 PM to give me drinks and presents, k?

I'm gonna be in Oregon this weekend. Otherwise I would love to celebrate your birthday!

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    It would be great to come down and celebrate your birthday Jenny. You should move it to the Narwhal and make it that much more awesome. Granted I haven't been there yet, but it must be good right?

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Bumping for LAN this weekend! Still two seats left!

• Options
    If anybody wants to pick up their stein at the LAN, please let me know. Otherwise I won't be there.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    @LexiconGrrl I want to pick up my steins at the LAN :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    BigRed wrote: »

What am I, a home delivery service? Sheesh.

• Options
    BigRed wrote: »

What am I, a home delivery service? Sheesh.

....Ill bribe you with beer?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    If anybody wants to pick up their stein at the LAN, please let me know. Otherwise I won't be there.

If I'm up for it maybe I'll drive down and pick mine up, if you'll be there whenever I can get around to leaving that is.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.