As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Use the key in Episode 3?

bliznikbliznik Registered User new member
edited July 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Hey everyone, so I played Rain-Slick on my OS X boot system for episodes 1 and 2, but now that episode 3 is only on Windows and XBOX, I REALLY want to play it on my Windows boot system.

HOWEVER, my savegames from episodes 1 and 2 can't be detected by my Windows boot system. =( Questions:
(1) If I have a beaten game from Episode 2, does the safe deposit key unlock content that I would miss by playing RSPOD on my Windows system?
(2) Is there a way to transfer a savegame from an OS X version of the game to a Windows version of the game, so I could quickly load my savegame from the last battle of RSPOD 2 on Windows, beat the game, and then import info' from there into RSPOD 3?

Thx in advance!

bliznik on

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Since Rain-Slick 1 & 2 were made by a different company, there's no importing of save data from Rain-Slick 2 to 3.

• Options
    AskerothAskeroth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Since Rain-Slick 1 & 2 were made by a different company, there's no importing of save data from Rain-Slick 2 to 3.
    Couldn't you just have put the key into our inventories anyway? When Shenmue II came out for a different console, players who started that game had some free collectibles given to them because they wouldn't have been able to import their original data. Perhaps this game could have just assumed that Gabe and Tycho held onto the key after our players left. Either way, thanks for doing what you're doing. I was so impressed with this game that I went and bought all of your other ones, even the interactive novels.

Askeroth on
  • Options
    DragonryderDragonryder The Bizarre One Behind you.Registered User new member
    I'd assume it was originally meant to open an extra vault in the bank (perhaps an upgrade to a summons, like the gramophone horn was from 1 to 2). What would the point be in giving everyone the key, when they could just not lock the door to whatever it was? The whole point of the key was to reward people who played the original games, collecting the extra bits--giving it to everyone would just be pointless.

• Options
    bliznikbliznik Registered User new member
    Ah, I see. Thanks! That helps a lot!

• Options
    RaideDukuRaideDuku Registered User regular
    Well, you see. The key was in the player character's inventory, so he/she took it with after the end of two. Since he/she didn't show up in 3 (yet), the team was SOL when they got to the bank as far as what amazing/ghastly secrets the key kept locked away.

...well that's what I figure, anyway.