As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Dark Raven X just sent me the copy of Sonic CD I won after submitting what may be the greatest piece of video game music ever in a contest. Thank you for being a spectacularly classy individual, DRX.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    There I was, ready to enjoy the post-sale-madness cooldown, when @ToyD sneak-attacked me with a DOTA2! Awesome! I have no idea what a DOTA2 is, but I think I'm supposed to kiss my free time goodbye before it finishes downloading.

Thanks. I think.

Classy, classy lego man, I salute thee! AFQuR.jpg

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    @Tofystedeth

You need to send more constructers at your star base to add modules. If you send a fleet of constructors, you can build multiple modules at once. If you have a fleet of constructors and use the build command (after double clicking the fleet to bring it up) you will be able to build the starbase and multiple modules at once.

@anoffday First thing you should do is take your flagship and double click it to bring up the commands for it. Most will be greyed out but the ones you want to pay attention to are auto explore and auto examine (i think).
    You want your flagship set to auto examine, this will make it fly around in your empire's range and examine any anomolies you find. This nets you random bits of gold and random bonuses to your empire.

Auto explore on the other hand will set any vessel with this command to exploring the range of your empire and visiting any blank spots in the map. Scouts which have already stripped down to just and engine and a hull are good for this, maybe some sensors and a range expansion. Scouting is important to the mid game when you have to research better colonization techniques to take the worlds around you. Its prevents you from researching heavy gravity colonization when there are 5 water worlds around you.

My advice
    First turn, open up the economy screen and turn your economy to 100% output, the game starts you at 70%. This stars you operating in the yellow but you start with 2000 credits so big woop.

You also want to turn down the military slider after you pop a scout, don't pop a construction unit unless there's a resource close by or a good world to colonize that's close to your homeworld.

Depending on how good your race's culture is, you may want to ignore planets with quality < 10 near your star system and jump for better ones further out. Especially if there's a better planet you can colonize right away. These weaker planets can be blasted with influence and converted to your glorious rule in the mid and late game.

don't build colonies faster than your economy can support them.

The default ships are good to a point but research into miniaturization and building miniaturizing achievements will let you get more into the same hull (while making it more expensive). Don't be afraid to jump into ship building and turn out a little hellion.

Clash of the Gods is a good map mode to play around in without research holding you down.
    Yeah, I went and wiki'd it. After a few rough start games I'm finally near my goal of cultural hegemony with the Yor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Anyone see this sweet new Kotor 2 mod?

When is that game going on Steam..? :(

My disc copy is going to shit, had it forever.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So I think I downloaded FEAR 1 in record time. Under 5 minutes for both it and Burnout Paradise. I am still stunned. And yes, I started them both up to make sure they weren't just downloaded incorrectly, missing huge chunks or anything.

Are you talking about the 4:51 and 4:52? Because that's the time the download started. Either that or I want your internet connection of 528Mbps! :D

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Tofystedeth

You need to send more constructers at your star base to add modules. If you send a fleet of constructors, you can build multiple modules at once. If you have a fleet of constructors and use the build command (after double clicking the fleet to bring it up) you will be able to build the starbase and multiple modules at once.

@anoffday First thing you should do is take your flagship and double click it to bring up the commands for it. Most will be greyed out but the ones you want to pay attention to are auto explore and auto examine (i think).
    You want your flagship set to auto examine, this will make it fly around in your empire's range and examine any anomolies you find. This nets you random bits of gold and random bonuses to your empire.

Auto explore on the other hand will set any vessel with this command to exploring the range of your empire and visiting any blank spots in the map. Scouts which have already stripped down to just and engine and a hull are good for this, maybe some sensors and a range expansion. Scouting is important to the mid game when you have to research better colonization techniques to take the worlds around you. Its prevents you from researching heavy gravity colonization when there are 5 water worlds around you.

My advice
    First turn, open up the economy screen and turn your economy to 100% output, the game starts you at 70%. This stars you operating in the yellow but you start with 2000 credits so big woop.

You also want to turn down the military slider after you pop a scout, don't pop a construction unit unless there's a resource close by or a good world to colonize that's close to your homeworld.

Depending on how good your race's culture is, you may want to ignore planets with quality < 10 near your star system and jump for better ones further out. Especially if there's a better planet you can colonize right away. These weaker planets can be blasted with influence and converted to your glorious rule in the mid and late game.

The default ships are good to a point but research into miniaturization and building miniaturizing achievements will let you get more into the same hull (while making it more expensive). Don't be afraid to jump into ship building and turn out a little hellion.

Clash of the Gods is a good map mode to play around in without research holding you down.
    Yeah, I went and wiki'd it. After a few rough start games I'm finally near my goal of cultural hegemony with the Yor.

You are attempting to be so classy that a race of androids defects en masse? A noble cause sir.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    slappybag wrote: »

I'm still holding out hope that the semi-recent reissue of both KOTOR games means that digital distribution for KOTOR 2 might actually happen, but at least now disc copies will be easier to find.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    @Tofystedeth

My advice

You are attempting to be so classy that a race of androids defects en masse? A noble cause sir.

Nonono, I am being so classy that all the other races defect to my androids.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Tofystedeth

My advice

Nonono, I am being so classy that all the other races defect to my androids.

Will you be so classy as to build a terror star to weed out the galaxy?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Digging through my keys I found (what is labeled as) Humble Indie Bundle 3, but I have no clue where it came from now. But someone can hopefully use it, so:

signature.png

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    So I'm finally totally stuck in Psychonauts. I'm in what I assume is the well known 'Milkman' level and I've just gained access to the sewers. I have a feeling I need to somehow gain access to a nearby telephone pole, but so far I can't figure it out.

... man I sure hope that -
    I wasn't expected to use the Crow Feather so they think I'm a bird and don't care if I get on the pole. That would be.. a leap.

If I remember right, you'll get the right tool to access the telephone poles later.

Hello fellow Road Crew Worker! Welcome to the Road Crew!

And now I need to replay Psychonauts.

Damn.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Any game I got with GFWL doesn't work. This sucks. Arkham City won't let me access my save game, Bulletstorm shows me a black screen then crashes, and Fable III just does nothing when I double click. It shows that I'm playing it then crashes without giving any errors or messages.

GFWL can go suck a dick.

edit: A dick with herpes.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Next batch is up

signature.png

signature.png

Don't forget to vote in the comments.

Not many entries so far and no voting. Decided what to put in a giveaway next cause I am lazy.[/quote]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    echo 78echo 78 Title Registered User regular
    Left 4 Dead 2 may be the best $5 I've ever spent on a game, even though I was late to the party. Those 10v10 versus servers are so much fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I'm about to pass out here, but I have to say this about Botanicula:

What?

In the best possible way, what?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I guess a lot of people have Braid! D:

Reposting in case there's someone who doesn't have it yet.

One other thing in my big pile of things to give away has a pretty heavy install base here too, so I guess the contest for that one will be "do you already own it? If not, you win!"

Winter Summer Sale Wrap Up Giveaway Contest Thing Part 2!

Braid is a good game, so I'm sure most of you have it already! For those who don't here is your opportunity. To be eligible, PM me your finest example of a twisted love story in a video game. It could be the love of a Lizard Tyrant for a fruit princess, or a Space Pirate's affection for his giant robot dinosaur. These are but my baseline examples, go nuts.

I'll pick a winner in about 12 hours from now!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Ack! I've been drive-by gifted SR3! Thank you @Kafka. :D

I'm sure my time playing this will be... transformational.

I have spent almost 16 hours on SR3 since I bought it. It has been one of the most fun games I have played in ages.

I almost want to pick up a controller for it, though.

Almost.

(The driving is really touchy with WASD.)

I used a controller for driving and KBAM for shooting mans. You can switch back and forth naturally at any time and the on screen promps will change as you switch.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Does anyone not have Breath of death and Cthulhu Saves the World yet?

Still have a copy of each in my inventory, but everyone on my list is awesome and has it.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Someone explain to me why I didn't pick up Saints Row: The Third in the winter sale. Use small words, I appear to have some sort of brain malfunction.

Because really, that's 7 wasted months I'm now behind.

Also, another blow to the backlog as I choose another open-world game to play instead of doing something shorter.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Fuck. I never got around to replaying KotOR 2 with the restored content mod, and now you're telling me that it got updated and is even more restorative? Why would you do that to me? Do you know how many games I just picked up in the sale? Because I don't! It was probably like a thousand. I have like one thousand games to play and you want me to replay KotOR 2. Which I have played like 12 times. You are a jerk.

Where are my disks?

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I have a copy of a certain incredibly terrible game that may or may not involve some rodents in my inventory. Should I give it a go myself or would people actually be interested in a giveaway for it?

• Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    darklite_x wrote: »
    @Dhalphir wins my FEAR package giveaway

Runner up is @Inzigna who gets a copy of Nation Red

PM me your Steam IDs or e-mail addresses I can send these to

Yay I won something! <3 Thanks for being classy!

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Whoa! Both @Karoz and @iolo gifted me Jade Empire™: Special Edition! Very classy gentlemen.

Too bad I missed out on the summer sale. I'll just have to buy gifts during daily sales.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    So tired today. Civ V had a bad case of the justonemoreturnitis last night and I am getting too old for this (Danny Glover voice)

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Muppetman wrote: »
    So tired today. Civ V had a bad case of the justonemoreturnitis last night and I am getting too old for this (Danny Glover voice)

I didn't work yesterday. So I put 9 hours into Civ V. Strait. I need to not touch that game for a bit.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Just one more turn! I've put crazy hours into Civ V since it was classily sent in my direction last week. Managed to stay away from it this morning to sort out some job applications... and instead I'm now sipping Spice Imperial chai tea whilst playing the fabled Jade Empire. Quite fitting! Also, dude just punched a ship.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Though I didnt manage to get the best price of SR3 during the sale, it is still the best deal for me in this summer. Crazy fun, seriously. Co-ops is mad too with two crazy dudes raiding the city. :D

RoyceX7 on
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Had some problems getting into Civ V for the first hour but then that posh Dutch king tried to sneak a settler past me and now I'm hooked.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So I think I downloaded FEAR 1 in record time. Under 5 minutes for both it and Burnout Paradise. I am still stunned. And yes, I started them both up to make sure they weren't just downloaded incorrectly, missing huge chunks or anything.

Are you talking about the 4:51 and 4:52? Because that's the time the download started. Either that or I want your internet connection of 528Mbps! :D

I just took the picture to show the weirdness with the 0 bytes download. I actually said in chat when I started the download right after @ruiner999 (borntohula) mentioned he liked Burnout Paradise. I started that and then thought I might as wel start FEAR 1 and go to bed with them downloading. But when I saw FEAR just zooming through I decided to just wait. I really have no idea what happened. Never has fear 1 installed on this computer so it can't just be already there.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    <3 so many people wasting their lives caught up in Civ. Great game :)

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    There I was, ready to enjoy the post-sale-madness cooldown, when @ToyD sneak-attacked me with a DOTA2! Awesome! I have no idea what a DOTA2 is, but I think I'm supposed to kiss my free time goodbye before it finishes downloading.

Thanks. I think.

Classy, classy lego man, I salute thee! AFQuR.jpg
    If it hooks you, you will lose many, many hours of your life. I hope you enjoy it. Your classiness is an inspiration to us all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    I'm about to pass out here, but I have to say this about Botanicula:

What?

In the best possible way, what?

Oooh, so you finally play it.

Trust me, that sense of "what?" will continue throughout the entire game, and escalate in the best possible way.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @Lost please reroll the giveaway I won, Island gave me Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World and I must've forgotten to remove my entry from your sign-up when that happened. Sorry for any inconvenience.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Today is my birthday! In celebration, I am just going to do nothing and play games all day probably, maybe have dinner with the wife.

I was gonna do a giveaway but Steam deleted my payment info again and I'm waiting on a replacement card in the mail. So, fuck!

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I do wonder if the devs of Bad Rats know that their game is primarily used as a weapon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Today is my birthday! In celebration, I am just going to do nothing and play games all day probably, maybe have dinner with the wife.

I was gonna do a giveaway but Steam deleted my payment info again and I'm waiting on a replacement card in the mail. So, fuck!

That sounds like a good day!

also, Happy Birthday! :)

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Shiflett wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »

That sounds like a good day!

also, Happy Birthday! :)

Thank you! And yeah, it is a good day. Love putting everything down and just doing nothing much at all.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    For those of you picking up L4D2, you should drop by Armadeaddon. Chat is still pretty active after nearly 4 years and we tend to get a game or two of versus going each day. We also play Tank Rush (a mod that replaces all infected with tanks and witches) from time to time and some of us would surely be willing to play campaign with some new people.

You get a lot of announcement notifications though... And some of them obscene. :P

We use the announcements because we realize not everyone who wants to play wants to be in chat at all times. It's a highly effective form of communication, and I can hardly say they're annoying. They show up in the bottom right of your screen for all of 2 seconds and are gone. It's been an incredibly useful feature for us! As for obscenity: Half of the PA groups I am a member of feature some form of obscenity, mostly in the use of the word "Wang" (in the borderlands group's case, Wang plus a giant shot of Lillith's ass). I kind of join these groups expecting some level of it.

@CheesecakeRecipe I didn't say it was annoying. I was just informing people that if they have kids over playing Peggle or something and a notification pops up "JOIN 8 PERSON VERSUS YOU FUCK FAGS!" it's kind of embarrassing. :P I don't really care I'm just "WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"ing.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Muppetman wrote: »

I didn't work yesterday. So I put 9 hours into Civ V. Strait. I need to not touch that game for a bit.

Man, I'm getting scared now. It's right there in my Steam list, but I know the second I launch it I'm going to pretty much lose a whole day.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

My first time playing KOTOR2 on the PC (had it on xbox previously), I tried using the restored content mod and got hit with a nasty bug on Nar Shadda where the Red Eclipse slavers would appear every time I entered the area where my ship was.

Don't know it the bug was from the game itself or the extended content mod, but I might just have to give it another try now.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png