As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Now reports say the WWE Network "will launch" with WM.

Randy Orton's scheduled to return next week.

And it's official:
    Kharma confirmed on Twitter this week that she was indeed released from WWE. A fan asked if it was true that Kharma was "granted" her release from WWE. Kharma replied:

"yes, I was. It doesn't mean I'll never be back."

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    maybe this is all a clever way to bury her return

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hopefully they feed Randy to Ryback for being such a nincompoop

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Hopefully they feed Randy to Ryback for being such a nincompoopinabag

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Hopefully they feed Randy to Ryback for being such a nincompoop

the fuck is randy

• Options
    oh orton derp

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    take a deep breath buttlord, you may not be getting enough oxygen to your brain

• Options
    take a deep breath buttlord, you may not be getting enough fart to your butt

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Its ok @Buttlord , I try to forget who Randy Orton is sometimes too :D

• Options
    it doesn't help that i only watch smackdown when a thing is happening that i'm interested in

which is pretty rare

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Well that is terrible because you are missing out on Damian Sandow.

And that makes you an Ignaramous.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    much like people who can't spell ignoramus

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    New stories from DeadSpin

http://deadspin.com/5928979/the-million-dollar-man-has-no-time-for-your-hangover-more-wrestler-run+ins

I grew up in the pinebelts of West Alabama. Incredible deer hunting. My dad is an attorney and is friends with a prominent Jackson, Mississippi attorney. My dad invites the Jackson attorney and two of his buddies over to do a weekend of deer hunting on our property. The two other guys happen to be Eddie Payton (former Minnesota Viking, current Jackson St. men's golf coach and brother of Walter) and Virgil's boss, the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase.

Ted happens to live outside of Jackson and is a big hunter. I come down from college at Tuscaloosa and bring in-tow several of my degenerate frat buddies. We all meet Eddie and the Million Dollar Man on Friday and they are awesome. They're religious and don't drink but they laugh at our shenanigans. (Eddie's son is there and doing all kinds of gymnastics tumbles, flips and shit). Ted tells great stories about Andre the Giant drinking entire kegs at bars. They go to bed early Friday night for an early morning Saturday hunt and, of course, me and my buddies stay up quite late doing all kinds of drinking and other things...In the morning, while we're all still crosseyed from the night, Ted and Eddie come busting into our cabin and Ted screams in his wrestling voice, "Can't kill the deer if you drink all the beer! Ahahahaha!"

Later that day, a wild boar chased Ted and he was scared shitless. We grilled steaks that night and Ted would spontaneously bust out, "Everybody's got a price for the Million Dollar Man! Ahahahaha!" On Sunday before they left we snapped this pic of him putting me in a sleeper hold. Great guy.

DiBiase rules at everything.

Should be champ.

• Options
    guys i'm so mad right now

i just found out chikara was literally ten minutes from my house last month and i didn't know

if i had known i would've punched four babies to go to my first wrasslefight

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    I live in Sanford, NC (grew up in Cameron) and I'm pretty used to running into the Hardy boys. I was somewhat of a fan growing up just because they were local boys. Nowadays my experience generally consists of Jeff cursing and acting inebriated outside of a gas station on US-1. I saw him a few weeks ago, pounding on the ATM machine and trying to withdraw more money than the wad he already had in hand. I assume either his account was empty, or the machine had run out of bills. Since they were never really childhood heroes, it's just rather amusing to me. I'd like to party with them one day. I'm sure it'd be wild.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

i just found out chikara was literally ten minutes from my house last month and i didn't know

You live in New York state or Ontario Buttlord?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

cny

the show in syracuse was right off rt 81 and Carousel Center, which is a hop skip and jump down the main highway that starts a mile from my house

• Options

cny

the show in syracuse was right off rt 81 and Carousel Center, which is a hop skip and jump down the main highway that starts a mile from my house

Ah you mean "The Foggiest Notion". I just bought it on the smartmarkvideo VOD service and the show was decent, nothing special. Good match between Jigsaw and Ophidian though.

• Options
    smack in the middle, actually

• Options
    how do the SMV digital things work

streaming, download, what

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Hmm, the Chikara website says TFN was in Ontario.

Whatever, I'm just glad I can go to "Deep Freeze" in Alabama in October. I really, really hope they'll have the King of Trios DVDs available by then.

Edit: To answer your question Buttlord, just go to smvod.com, sign up (it costs nothing and is simple to do) and the videos are streaming.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    how do the SMV digital things work

streaming, download, what
    they have a VoD and a download service

• Options
    Matt Morgan was recently asked on Twitter when he would be returning to TNA TV, and posted the following…

"I'd say somewhere in between NEVER and EVER."

He was then asked when he would be on "TV" again, and answered with the following…

"Sooner vs. later."

A fan asked of Morgan was returning to WWE, and he replay was as follows…

"Tick-tock."

Get your mark out shoes on TLB.

• Options
    Word on Kharma's WWE departure is that she had been in Florida training for her return to action but got the knock for being out of shape, hard to work with and stubborn about suggestions of how they wanted to change her character. She had been losing weight since we last saw her.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    W★ANGseday Night WAR - August 15th 2012

We’re live from the W★ANG Warzone and sometimes bingo hall. Holly Hearse and Bryan Alvarez welcome us to the show as Cassidy Riley comes through the crowd, grabs a chair and throws it into the ring nearly hitting Holly. He climbs into the ring and pulls the microphone away from Bryan before shooing both off to the announce table.

“Before this joke of a show even starts let me be the first to break the news that Mr. McManus told me to take the night off. Apparently he didn’t like my actions last week when I proved how much better I am than any of the overrated vanilla midgets or idiots in baseball uniforms in this company.”

Riley unfolds the chair and takes a seat.

“And guess what, that title belt from last week, there’s supposed to be a tournament for it. And I’m not booked in it. So until I get some respect around here. I guess we can just sit here and discuss what’s wrong with this company.”

The crowd reacts with a mixture of boos, groans and actual responses as to what’s wrong with this company.

“Number one: I’m not being billed as a young up and comer who can headline any company in the world. Number two: none of you have even heard my awesome entrance music yet. In fact why don’t we play that while we wait. Maybe we can sing along.”

Music plays but it is not Riley’s. Out comes KUDO who hits the ring and kicks off a brawl, eventually sending Cassidy Riley running to the outside for cover. KUDO jumps off the chair onto the top rope and dives down onto Riley with a double knee drop. KUDO whips Cassidy Riley into the guard rail and it moves so far back that it would injure people if they were in attendance. Riley ducks a springboard elbow off the guard rail and runs to the back. KUDO hops up on the guard rail and plays up to the audience who are mostly just grateful that Riley’s gone.

Overall Rating: 43%

Sexxxy Eddy vs Johnny Goodtime :
    Johnny Goodtime comes out to the Punch Out theme as performed by The Minibosses. He flips over the top rope and lands in the center of the ring. Sexxxy Eddy comes out and does a Ravishing Rick Rude routine in front of a woman who looks like she might press charges.

Eddy hits a massive spinning kick to the jaw and flexes. Hard hip toss from Eddy who keeps Goodtime hooked and whips him into the corner. Johnny rolls through into a headstand on the top turnbuckle. Eddy charges and Goodtime drops down to the apron before kicking out the knee of Eddy. Shoulder thrust to the gut of Eddy sets up for the slingshot legdrop. Goodtime blocks the suplex attempt. Lifting DDT by Johnny Goodtime, looked good. Hooks the near leg, but Eddy gets his other foot on the bottom rope. Eddy swats away a dropkick attempt. Sexxxy Eddy hits a rolling kick on Goodtime. Goodtime takes a hurrancarana from Sexxxy Eddy. Cover for a two count. Springboard dropkick from Sexxxy Eddy. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt gets a 2.9999.

“And folks we’d like to interrupt for just a moment to announce that tonight’s scheduled match between Kota Ibushi and Matt Bentley has been changed into a tag team match! Kota Ibushi and KUDO will face the team of Matt Bentley and Cassidy Riley!”

Johnny Goodtime powers out of a Sexxxy Eddy headlock. Flying cross body off the top rope on a running Eddy! I'll give a 0.8 on the Steamboat scale for that effort. Hooks the leg for a close fall. Sexxxy Eddy gets whipped into the corner. Goodtime charges in, but into a pair of raised boots. Eddy uses a roll up, with feet on the second rope! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! BUSHI comes running down the aisle with a chair and into the ring! Eddy turns and runs. BUSHI stands on the top turnbuckle pointing at Eddy telling him to watch his back. I'll give it a **1\2 rating.

Match Quality: 77%
    Crowd Reaction: 44%
    Overall Rating: 60%

Player Uno is in his backstage lair lit by a single light source standing on a levitating platform.

“They made me give back the unnamed title or UnTitle as I’ve crowned it but I’ll have it back soon enough. It belongs to me. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it though. Part of me wants to lord it over the peons in attendance and another part of me wants to break it into eight pieces and hide it around the world so that nobody can ever challenge me. I guess I could just split the difference and tear my opponents to pieces and scatter them over the crowd. Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed.”

Uno gives a creepy smile.

“Speaking of opponents…

Willie Mack, you might think you’ve bested me but I promise you this: you have not seen the last of me. We will meet again very, very soon.”

Overall Rating: 65%

Player Uno gained overness from this segment.

BUSHI is in the ring and climbs the turnbuckle to spit his white mist. CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK! Sexxxy Eddy shoves BUSHI over the top rope into the ring and tosses the chair onto him. Off the top - Total Sextacy hit hard. Sexxxy Eddy raises the chair and drives it side-first into the throat of BUSHI, causing him to roll around in agony. The chair gets put around the head of BUSHI, who then gets driven face-first into the mat, crushing his wind pipe against the steel. Paramedics come running out to help BUSHI as Sexxxy Eddy exits via the crowd stopping to swerve his hips outside of the range of anybody with pepper spray.

Overall Rating: 47%

BUSHI gained overness from this segment.

Peter Avalon vs Willie Mack :

Peter Avalon comes out to his new theme: “Juggernaut” by Clutch. He stops to roar out an “UNDEFEATED!” on the ring apron. Avalon grabs a microphone from ringside.

“3 and 0!”

Boos, mild disinterest.

“Bring out my next victim!”

“Game Over” hits the speakers and Willie Mack charges the ring and floors Avalon with a series of forearm shots. The bell rings as Willie Mack delivers a huge shoulder tackle and goes for a cover but Avalon is smart enough to roll to the outside. SUICIDE DIVE! Peter Avalon got pancaked! Willie Mack leans Peter Avalon against the apron and hits him with a loud chest chop. Avalon shoves Willie Mack into the ring post and tries a few chops of his own to no effect. Willie Mack slaps Avalon’s chest so hard that it sends him scurrying away into the ring. Peter Avalon jumps Willie Mack with a flurry of punches and kicks. Avalon’s charge gets met with a shoulder block from Willie Mack. Avalon tries again with a spin wheel kick and gets caught in a trap suplex. Yet a third running attack from Avalon is met by Mack throwing Avalon straight up in the air and hitting a hard elbow on the falling Peter Avalon. Avalon crawls into the corner. Willie Mack’s diving clothesline is blocked by Peter Avalon by pulling the referee in the way! Scumbag move! The lights go out! When they come back on Player Uno has Willie Mack lifted up. Dig Dug Driver! Uno leaves the ring as the referee comes to. 1…2...3. It's over! Uno rolls back into the ring and starts beating down Willie Mack as Peter Avalon celebrates his winning streak. The Space Jam theme hits as Sugar Dunkerton comes running down the aisle into the ring. Avalon and Uno bail out of the ring, leaving Willie Mack down in the ring. Sugar Dunkerton may have saved Willie Mack from a brutal beating. Peter Avalon leaves through the crowd shouting “4 and 0!” This one gets a ***1\4 rating, it was a good bout.

Match Quality: 92%
    Crowd Reaction: 39%
    Overall Rating: 65%

“’Ello ‘ello ‘ello Cyborg Copper. I know you’re watching this thinking you came out the better man last week, but let me tell you something you antagonistic automaton: you may have won the game but you will not win the series. Tonight we’ve a tables match and no double-cross is going to save you from getting driven through some furniture. I’m pushing for that UnTitle and not only am I going to secure my spot but I’m going to bum’s rush you out of the tournament. So everybody who wants to see this crooked dick get lost just remember: root root root for the dasher.”
    Overall Rating: 68%

Dasher Hatfield gained overness from this segment.

Backstage Matt Bentley is stomping on a downed Kota Ibushi while Cassidy Riley acts as lookout. Riley tells Bentley the road agents and referees are coming and the two run away as officials and competent medical professional Booty Bangin’ Nurse T arrives to inspect the damage.

Overall Rating: 59%

Dasher Hatfield vs Cyborg Cop :
    The ring is surrounded by tables, many of them bridged between the guard rail and the ring apron. Dasher Hatfield enters first swinging his bat and playing up to the crowd. Cyborg Cop enters, smashing a couple tables on his way to the ring. He slides a table in before entering and we’re off! Dasher and Cyborg Cop exchange punches in the center of the ring and Cyborg Cop gets the upper hand after thumbing Dasher in the eye. Cyborg Cop tosses Dasher over the top rope but Dasher lands on the ring apron. Dasher ducks a wild right and shoves Cyborg Cop off the ropes. Slingshot crossbody from Dasher! Cyborg Cop knees Dasher in the face and comes off the ropes but gets caught in a California Roll. Dasher sets up a table in the corner and lifts Cyborg Cop up for a death valley bomb but Cyborg Cop rolls off into an arm drag. Dasher almost hits the table but stops himself at the last second. Huricanrana from Cyborg Cop sends Dasher to the outside. Cyborg Cop gets caught climbing to the outside by Dasher who hops up onto the apron. The two trade chops occasionally almost losing their balance over a table. Monkey flip from dasher sends Cyborg Cop face first into the ring post. Dasher climbs back into the ring and hypes up the crowd. Baseball slide gets caught by Cyborg Cop who pulls Dasher out of the ring and throws him ribs first into a table at ringside knocking it over. Cyborg Cop rolls into the ring and takes the table from the corner and sets it up in the middle of the ring. Dasher gets caught coming back in the ring with a suplex but blocks it with a couple knees to the head to prevent Cyborg Cop from putting him through the table. Dasher spins Cyborg Cop around. Cyborg Cop kicks over the table preventing the dragon suplex form putting him through the table. Cyborg Cop counters a suplex with an elbow to the side of the head. Cyborg Cop snap suplexes Hatfield, and somewhere Dynamite Kid groans at that crappy execution. Cyborg Cop sets up the table near the corner. Hatfield drops out the back of a Cyborg Cop bodyslam attempt and lifts Cyborg Cop up into a powerslam. Dasher lifts his opponent up onto his shoulders. Cyborg Cop tries to fight out as Dasher climbs to the top rope. Grand Slam through the table! Dasher Hatfield goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory **1\2 rating for a decent contest.

Match Quality: 75%
    Crowd Reaction: 52%
    Overall Rating: 63%

“Say goodbye to urine stains and odors with Urine B Gone! Mention promotional code: W★ANG and get a free spray bottle with your purchase of a 48oz jug.”

Kota Ibushi and KUDO vs Matt Bentley and Cassidy Riley :

Matt Bentley and Cassidy Riley enter to Matt Bentley’s theme. Cassidy does not look pleased. Kota and KUDO enter. A few fans throw streamers. One of them hits Cassidy Riley in the head.

Kota Ibushi chooses to start and Matt Bently insists Cassidy take this one. The bell rings. Stiff kick to the face on Cassidy Riley. Cassidy Riley goes down. Cassidy Riley ducks a kick by laying down and gets caught with a standing moonsault followed by a moonsault from the second rope. Riley rolls away quickly and tags Bentley. Kota dropkicks Matt Bentley off the apron and chases him to the outside with a triangle moonsault off the second rope to the floor! Cassidy Riley staggers into the wrong corner and eats a slingshot double knee drop form KUDO. KUDO whips Cassidy Riley into the corner and follows up with another pair of double knees. The referee informs KUDO that he’s not the legal man and has to leave the ring so he does by hitting a tope on Matt Bently on the outside. Kota follows up with a shooting star press from the apron. The referee starts counting. Cassidy Riley tries to get in on the action with a slingshot body press and nobody catches him. Kota rolls Matt Bentley into the ring and tosses him into the corner. Matt Bentley goes rolling forward and falls back into the tree of woe position. KUDO gets the tag and enters the ring by dropping two knees on Bentley. Hooks the leg! 1…2…Bentley gets a foot on the rope. Bentley reverses an Irish whip and sends KUDO into a baseball slide which kicks the recovering Cassidy Riley in the face. KUDO moves out of the way of both Matt Bentley’s shoulder thrust and Cassidy Riley jumping onto the apron. Riley and Bentley collide sending Riley crashing to the guard rail. Sling shot rollup on Bentley! 1…2…Matt Bentley rolls through and dropkicks KUDO in the face. Bentley stomps on KUDO in the corner and starts to choke him with foot against the bottom turnbuckle. The referee breaks it up at four and Cassidy Riley starts choking KUDO from the floor as Matt Bentley runs interference. Kota tries to enter but the referee stops him. He goes back to his corner pointing out the choke but the it only provides Matt Bentley a chance to stomp on KUDO as he’s getting choked out. Fed up Kota springboards over the referee into a dropkick on Matt Bentley. Cassidy Riley gets a triangle moonsault of his own. Matt Bentley and KUDO slug it out in the center of the ring. KUDO ducks a chop and rolls through but Bentley grabs his leg. Stiff enziguri on Matt Bentley! KUDO makes the tag. Kota fakes Cassidy Riley out with a tiger feint kick but keeps the ropes open for KUDO to hit a bullet tope on Riley! Kota quickly runs across the ring and hops up to the top rope.Through the air, Golden Star Press! 1....2....3! Ibushi \ KUDO go into the crowd, where they celebrate their win. This one gets a ***1\4 rating, it was a good bout.

Match Quality: 89%
    Crowd Reaction: 47%
    Overall Rating: 68%

Overall Rating: 60%
    NEWS FROM THE NEWSROOM TOUTS FOR THE TOUTGOD :

We got a 0.02 rating for 'W★ANGseday Night WAR'!
    The attendance level was 29 people.
    We made $435 from ticket sales.

The ratings for W★ANGseday Night WAR need to improve.

Dasher Hatfield and Cyborg Cop work pretty well together due to their similar styles.

Sexxxy Eddy and Johnny Goodtime have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match.

We rose 3 points to 18% Public Image!

Arguably the best show with the worst crowd yet.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Too many segments not involving KUDO, we talked about this already!
    Sexxxy Eddy comes out and does a Ravishing Rick Rude routine in front of a woman who looks like she might press charges.

Arguably my favourite EWR fantasy booking related thing all year.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Word on Kharma's WWE departure is that she had been in Florida training for her return to action but got the knock for being out of shape, hard to work with and stubborn about suggestions of how they wanted to change her character. She had been losing weight since we last saw her.

"Kharma we want you to be more like Alica Fox. Can you do that?"

• Options
    guess they tried to "superstar" her

• Options
    For months there have been rumors on a big angle planned this summer for WWE. Reportedly they wanted something to grab attention like CM Punk's speech last summer or the Nexus angle of two years ago.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting CM Punk's turn on the 1,000th episode of Raw was the start of this summers big angle.

So we can assume there's more to come.

• Options
    For months there have been rumors on a big angle planned this summer for WWE. Reportedly they wanted something to grab attention like CM Punk's speech last summer or the Nexus angle of two years ago.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting CM Punk's turn on the 1,000th episode of Raw was the start of this summers big angle.

So we can assume there's more to come.

Yes.

Yes this is what I want to hear.

• Options
    Well whatever the angle is it has to last beyond just one night of course. I'm actually really excited to find out what they cook up on Monday as I'll be able to watch it live until I have to go back to school after Summerslam.

• Options
    Zack Ryder wrote:
    I was on such a roll at the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 and the whole Kane and Eve thing killed my momentum. Basically killed my career. So, to turn that around and get revenge on them was something I needed. Hopefully it’ll get the Ryder Revolution back on track...I'd love to get that [US title] back. In 2011 I think I proved to people that I’m not a joke, I can be taken seriously in the ring. And hopefully by the end of this year I’ll have a major championship... I can't be the same old guy forever. But that doesn’t mean I’ll have to drop all of the parts of my character to get to the top. I think eventually I’ll evolve. If you’ve followed my career I was a Major Brother, then an Edge Head, now I’m Zack Ryder, I’m sure in three years I’ll be completely different.
    The Undertaker was said to be very relaxed backstage at RAW 1000. His official return to the storylines is scheduled for Survivor Series in November.
    F4Wonline.com reports that The Rock is scheduled to win the WWE Title at the 2013 Royal Rumble pay-per-view and then defend it against John Cena at WrestleMania 29.

And the Night of Champions poster has been leaked, and I love it very much:
    Night_of_Champions_full.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    They're going to build up to Punk/Rock at Rumble. That is the big angle.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    F4Wonline.com reports that The Rock is scheduled to win the WWE Title at the 2013 Royal Rumble pay-per-view and then defend it against John Cena at WrestleMania 29.

That's pretty much exactly how I thought it would go.

• Options
    Dammit I don't want to see Rock/Cena again.

• Options

I love it, simply because the only way they can build it up is by having Cena admit he's a hypocrite and that the fact that he just couldn't beat The Rock even with an advantage has eaten away at him for a year.

Plus they have to throw out that whole thing they did for last year's Mania buildup, where they kept calling the match a ONCE IN A LIFETIME match.

• Options

I love it, simply because the only way they can build it up is by having Cena admit he's a hypocrite and that the fact that he just couldn't beat The Rock even with an advantage has eaten away at him for a year.

Plus they have to throw out that whole thing they did for last year's Mania buildup, where they kept calling the match a ONCE IN A LIFETIME match.

Yeah the circumstances would be completely different, and all around better, but I just want to see Punk headline a Mania. He had a WWE title match at Mania 28 but to just close a show like that would be the final feather in his cap as a pro wrestler.

But then again, if they give him a year long WWE title run I guess that's a huge deal too.

• Options
    It would still be historic, in that the two did not fight with the title on the line.

What I'm wondering is what they would do until Mania. Isn't EC 2013 in between Rumble and Mania? Would they have the Rock defend his WWE Championship in the Elimination Chamber? That would be worth seeing, even if it meant Rock vs Cena at Mania again.

• Options
    The thought of Rock in an Elimination Chamber match is intriguing, I'll give them that.

This discussion has been closed.