As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• TamTam Registered User regular
    PROX you been leaving meat scraps all over the carpet homie?
    also fly larvae?

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    Jays games aren't tough to get into depending on where you like to sit. I've been to 4 MLB games so far this season and the higher seats always have plenty of room. Although maybe something like a Yankees matchup would fill up more impressively. One of the games I sat maybe 12 rows from home plate and the rest in the upper decks. My brother and I decided it's just as fine to watch from a top down view as it is closer to the action, and far more affordable. We also eat the $3 hot dogs from vendors outside the stadium before the game, instead of the bullshit $25 hot dogs once you're in.

The sun will toast you right up though. I'm too pooped after today's game, but Grif we will bump fists at some point.

That's what you always say. I'm beginning to think that you don't love me anymore.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Hmm, maybe i'm just thinking of Leaf games then.

After each one there are always a fuckton of drunk assholes on the Bloor/Danforth line

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Do they actually sell $25 hot dogs or is this an exaggeration for the sake of comedy?

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Exaggeration but sadly it seems plausible.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    I noticed that the Toronto Maple Leafs are similar to the Houston Astros; both teams are completely terrible at their own sport, but the rabid loyalty from the fans and the fact that they make $TEXAS from each game means that they don't really need to hire decent players when they make just as much money regardless of winning games or not.

Do they actually sell $25 hot dogs or is this an exaggeration for the sake of comedy?

I don't know how much the dogs are inside but I know that the ones outside are far superior in quality. I saw what they were selling for dogs at the ACC and it was not very good looking. The street meat in Toronto is always good.

Street meat sounds all kinds of skeezy! Maybe another phrase would be better!

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Speaking of baseball: good 'ol Redlegs on a 10-game streak

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited July 2012
    I'm a little hesitant to buy hot dogs anywhere other than a grocery store, personally. You take your chances with unsavoriness enough just by eating any hot dog, having the preparation out of your hands as well is just too risky IMO.

I haven't been to a pro sports venue since I was like 6 (and then my attention was less focused on the horrors of the food as it was on the horror of the dreaded trough group urinal in the old Tiger stadium bathrooms...<shudder>), but I was recently shocked and appalled when a friend of mine actually plunked down actual money for a fire-hydrant red movie theater hot dog. Especially because I had convinced him that we should see the movie later, so that I could get some dinner first...he had time! He had a choice! He made a premeditated movie theater hot dog choice and I just do not understand.

EDIT: I just realized this post is probably more entertaining if you read it in Larry David's voice, it sounds like something he'd say.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    I had one of them kosher hot dogs and now I can't go back

I think in Toronto street vendors are only allowed to sell meats that are pre-cooked

• Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hot dogs are like eating a burger with bacon and an egg--you're getting a little bit of all of your favorite animals at once.

AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Hot dogs are like eating a burger with bacon and an egg--you're getting a little bit of all of your favorite animals at once.

Well, I think squirrels are pretty cute, you think a stadium hotdog would include that ?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    The only time I remember ever having fun at a stadium was when I was 4 years old and my dad took me and my brothers to see some Monster Trucks.

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Hotdogs is one of those foods that goes from tolerable to awesome. It's almost impossible to have a terrible hotdog unless you garnish it with shit and puke. I've always been of the firm belief that airlines should just stop trying to serve a 5 star meal in reheatable packaging, and surrender to the ease and general unfuckableness of the generic hotdog.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    Hotdogs is one of those foods that goes from tolerable to awesome. It's almost impossible to have a terrible hotdog unless you garnish it with shit and puke.

I am thoroughly amused by this post.

I suppose I should stop saying "hot dog" when I talk about it because I am not really into these things:
    1895209-937757-sausage-hot-dog-on-a-white-background.jpg
    I order the juicier italian/polish type sausages. They fill out the bun nicer.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That's
    what
    SHE
    said

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    I had one of them kosher hot dogs and now I can't go back

Hebrew National, all the way baby.

edited July 2012
    I don't eat kosher things because requisite neck-slitting and death by blood loss seems like a pointlessly cruel execution. Then again I'm not sure what the required method is for non-kosher/halal stuff. I thought it was the Anton Chigurh air bolt but a cursory Wikipedia perusal says its done by CO2 poisoning and electrocution as well.

Then again, again, if I think about any execution too long I'll feel too unnerved, and if I can't be comfortable with loss of life maybe I have no business eating meat. But it tastes so delicious.

Anyways, suspending something in the air and bleeding it out while its conscious is a mean thing to do.

.Tripwire. on
    Well yeah, you could also say that eating baby animals is a mean thing to do, but they taste delicious. Mean things taste great.

And yes, thinking on how your food was killed is never a good thing... even if you think of vegetables and fruits, its a cruel thing to eat tree baby.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    It is, but your average bovine has a much better/natural life leading up to that fairly quick death than pigs & chickens, so there's that. Of course the aggregate environmental impact of beef is way worse than pork & chicken, so there's also that....

header_image_sm.jpg
    Enviromental impact of beef ?

I... what ?

• HalenHalen Registered User regular
    Huge swathes of tropical rainforest cleared for cattle grazing. Also the yield of that same area of land for arable crops far outweighs the yield of cattle.

But meat is delicious.

Draw an egg.
    Rainforest clearing is a good thing because it destroys the habitat of CREEPY BUGS. Although maybe that just means they'll relocate to underneath my bed.

Could an american forum user warn me if they see a column of Amazonian tarantulas and giant centipedes scurrying north to Toronto?

ohh yeah, that kind of impact, Im used to relating cows with the Pampa, where theres just grass and bushes. Belive it or not, what has the most enviromental impact is soy. Producers will plant that shit everywhere since its low investment and high profit, and the methods they use render the soil unfertile for anything else, water sources contamined by chemicals (also high impact on nearby populated areas since its airborne fumigation and... windy plains... aereal fumigation) So the next time you guys use soy, remember, people died so you could put that stuff in your noodles.

FANTOMAS wrote: »
    ohh yeah, that kind of impact, Im used to relating cows with the Pampa, where theres just grass and bushes. Belive it or not, what has the most enviromental impact is soy. Producers will plant that shit everywhere since its low investment and high profit, and the methods they use render the soil unfertile for anything else, water sources contamined by chemicals (also high impact on nearby populated areas since its airborne fumigation and... windy plains... aereal fumigation) So the next time you guys use soy, remember, people died so you could put that stuff in your noodles.

Don't forget the shit that Monsanto does to independent farmers.

Don't forget the damage to air quality from cow farts. That's important.

Kochikens wrote:
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Yeah, being ruminants, cows produce a lot of methane just by the act of chewing. They're pretty toxic animals in any large quantity, even without considering situations where the local ecosystem had to be altered to create and sustain their grazing lands.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hopefully in-vitro meat to goes mainstream some time soon.

Although I wonder if that will really be much better.

Flay on
    So my week old bike has a nice streak on the front rim where the brake pads connect. Seems that my brakes have taken off the paint on my rims. I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of quality. Sent the manufacturer a polite message asking if this was normal. Hopefully, they send me a new wheel or at least provide a coupon of some sort. I doubt anything will come of it, though.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I wonder if we will ever manage to stop the decline of the environment.

In addition to all the points about the superior food yield of plant crops vs. grazing cattle you also have to remember that fields of growing plants are a significant carbon sink whereas cattle are, as Fug said, just the opposite. And while big agribusiness does a lot of shitty things with chemicals and fertilizers there are ways around those things (particularly if outfits like Monsanto weren't making it impossible to be competitive and sustainable at the same time) & crop rotation works just as good as it has for millenia; there's no way around cow farts. Except lab-grown meats, but who knows how soon they can get those technologies to where they take little enough energy to be any better, yeah.

Meat is delicious, but I eat it pretty rarely because the enjoyment I get out of a cheapo hotdog doesn't really justify the means for me. Mostly I try to stick to venison and local poultry and that kind of thing and don't eat much fast food.

header_image_sm.jpg
    well, the enviroment should stop being such a pussy and man up.

Manning up was where the environment went wrong, really. *rimshot*

header_image_sm.jpg
    So the word McNuggets is a fun thing to say out of context!

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    yesssss

Kochikens wrote:
    I don't know. All of the characters kinda look the same so it doesn't seem like there's a huge difference in the way their basic attacks and combos work.

This discussion has been closed.