As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 83 - In doldari's 8th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• susansusan Registered User regular
    1 hit off of 7 dice. Lovely.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I think this whole game has been really lean on hits. Maybe 40%?

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    To be fair, the Rat's miss just there was completely unexpected. This game's current record of screwing me made 3 hits off 2 dice a near 90% probability in my books.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • peskypesky Registered User regular
    Quicken Decay into the Badlands.

5/6PP

edited July 2012
    edited because it's not my turn hurr

Rius on
  • doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game83state51.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Light of Day - All regions with an Event token need fifteen total corruption tokens (including Warpstone) in order to be ruined.

- Upgrade Effects
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects

@susan active.

doldari on
    @doldari I have one less leper in the Empire. :)

pesky wrote: »
    @doldari I have one less leper in the Empire. :)

Sorry~ Fixed.

edited July 2012
    Convocation (M) to Norsca moving both Bretonnia Cultists there, 5/6.

EDIT: And a Warrior for free; forgot to type that.

susan on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Warp Token Cache (M) to Tilea

4/6 PP

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    susan wrote: »
    Convocation (M) to Norsca moving both Bretonnia Cultists there, 5/6.

EDIT: And a Warrior for free; forgot to type that.

Please don't go. The Axes need you. They look up to you.

Bloodbath to Troll Country. 6/7 PP

Characters
    Leper into border princes. 4/6PP

...We back? We back.

Cultist to Troll Country, 4/6.

Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game83state53.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Light of Day - All regions with an Event token need fifteen total corruption tokens (including Warpstone) in order to be ruined.

- Upgrade Effects
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Troll Country : Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.
    Tilea : Warp Token Cache - 2 - If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points.

@Rius active.

@Rius active.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Vermin Lord to Troll Country

1/6 PP

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Bloodsworn from Bretonnia to The Empire. 5/7 PP

Characters
    Leper into the Badlands. 3/6PP

Cultist to Troll Country, 3/6.

Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game83state54.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Troll Country : Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.
    Tilea : Warp Token Cache - 2 - If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points.

@Rius active.

Strength in Numbers (M) into Estalia

Can I use my extra card slot from Council of 13 without the slots being full? I'm curious, because I'd totally play this in there. Never really occurred to me before.

Anyway,

0/6 PP

Not according to the wording of the upgrade. Your upgrade is "when a region's chaos cards spots are full, 1/round play a card into that region". If a region's chaos card spots are still unoccupied, your upgrade wouldn't trigger and you'd take the first available spot.

Characters
    Oh and,

Bloodsworn from Bretonnia to Kislev. 4/7 PP

Characters
    Plaguebearer into Kislev 2/6PP

Hrm, tricky...

Cultist from Badlands to Troll Country, 2/6, +1 VP.

edited August 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game83state55.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Estalia : Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.

Horned Rat rest.
    @Rius active.

doldari on
    Cultist from Troll Country to Norsca; 3/6 PP.

edited August 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game83state56.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Estalia : Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.

Horned Rat rest.
    @Aegis active.

doldari on
    Bloodsworn from Bretonnia to The Badlands. 3/6 PP

+1 VP

Characters
    Leper into Tilea. 1/6PP

Havoc to Troll Country over Rapturous Excess, summon a Warrior there for free, 0/6 and rest.

Whatever floats your boat, Tzeentch!

Move the Keeper of Secrets from Troll Country to Norsca; 0/6 PP and rest.

Tzeentch is being nice to me? O_o

Bloodsworn from Bretonnia to Troll Country. 2/6 PP

Characters
    Plaguebearer to Troll Country and rest. 0/6PP

Bloodsworn from Kislev and from the Empire, both to The Badlands. 0/7 PP

Characters
    edited August 2012
    Alright, I can salvage this, just need 6 hits off of one die:

Norsca: 0! ...Aww.

susan on
    Look, if I can't hit this game then I forbid anyone else from getting any hits :P

Characters