As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    And with that, 319 spots have been filled. That means we only have room for 81 more students this year. Unfortunately 59 of those spots are in Hufflepuff.

I know there's been some concern about multiple orders but they've all been taken care. Most of them were honest mistakes where they contacted me right away to let me know they had accidentally put in a second order.

If you have an order that was cancelled and you feel this was in error, please PM me.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Bau5 wrote: »
    wvgzX.png

I bought this bad boy, just for the occasion.
    My mind went right into the gutter since that image loaded slowly on my work computer and slowly revealed itself top to bottom.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Registered! Hufflepuff and proud!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Bau5Bau5 PDXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    My mind went right into the gutter since that image loaded slowly on my work computer and slowly revealed itself top to bottom.

I would expect nothing less from the Head of House.

Bau5 on
    2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2012
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2013
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2014
  • MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Dang! Slytherin went quick! Now to try to figure out how in the world to dress up as a gryffindor death eater instead....

Might I suggest something in a nice blood red? I hear Griffin mantles are nice this time of year too.

Welcome to Lawful Evil, enjoy your stay.

Im thinking either shorts and sandals with a gryffindor polo (popped collar) and a visor, along with a death eater mask painted with sports team face paint. Or, pretty much the same thing but with a gryffindor track suit.
    Sooooo....my current costume basically? Only I avoided shorts and sandals cause my pasty fucking legs don't have any business being out in public.

Awww man haha. I dont know where I got off thinking dressing up like a doucher would be original. Oh well, its not Highlander, I think similar costumes will be ok.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Slytherin Order of the Phoenix welcomes new and returning students.
    Oh, the journey we will have...

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to do this again. It's been a blast every year. I'm looking forward to seeing all you Slytherin Death Eaters drinking too much and donating a lot to Childs Play.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    Matev wrote: »
    Dang! Slytherin went quick! Now to try to figure out how in the world to dress up as a gryffindor death eater instead....

Might I suggest something in a nice blood red? I hear Griffin mantles are nice this time of year too.

Welcome to Lawful Evil, enjoy your stay.

Im thinking either shorts and sandals with a gryffindor polo (popped collar) and a visor, along with a death eater mask painted with sports team face paint. Or, pretty much the same thing but with a gryffindor track suit.
    Sooooo....my current costume basically? Only I avoided shorts and sandals cause my pasty fucking legs don't have any business being out in public.

Awww man haha. I dont know where I got off thinking dressing up like a doucher would be original. Oh well, its not Highlander, I think similar costumes will be ok.

Oh absolutely! Competing bros would be hilarious. :D

I'm seriously contemplating throwing a Slytherin robe over mine though just cause the thought of double popped collars sticking out of a wizard robe strikes me as funny as fuck.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Griffindor DE.......blagh........ I stayed up till 3am last night.... and then registration opens at 9pm while I'm at work.

What am I supposed to say instead of Ca-Caw? Rawr?

• LuckySeanLuckySean Registered User regular
    Well I must have missed the start of registration as Ravenclaw was full up well before 8:30 PST and so I am now a Gryffindor DE!

edited August 2012
    Shade wrote: »
    Griffindor DE.......blagh........ I stayed up till 3am last night.... and then registration opens at 9pm while I'm at work.

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTSHOT SHOT SHOTS SHOTS etc. is the standard from what I hear.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    Now to make the hard deicisons....
    Short sleeve or long sleeve white shirt? Sweatervest? Full robes or just school uniform? And how will I carry my wand around and keep it safe?

As someone who has asked these questions of myself each of the past 4 years, I have come to these conclusions:

1. Short sleeves. It gets hot in the overcrowded bars!

2. No sweater vest. See #1.

3. Leave the robes at home. See #1. I brought and carried my robes around the first 3 years. Leaving the robes last year felt very liberating!

4. If you're like me, you'll get just drunk enough to lose your wand during one of the last two stops. I no longer have to worry about this one because I lost my wand 2 years ago! :P

Regardless of what you wear or bring, you'll have a blast! Why? Because you're a Ravenclaw!! :D

TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Short sleeve or long sleeve white shirt? Sweatervest? Full robes or just school uniform? And how will I carry my wand around and keep it safe?

they sell some pretty nice wand holders, my wand came with one when i bought it at the Ren Faire earlier this year
    2012-08-01012639.jpg

"cheers" are my words of choice, remind me to buy our own resident omeganaut a drink ;)

also:
    has anyone ever tried coordinating with some of the bars to serve some type of butterbeer? maybe a percentage of sales go to Child's Play?

Crogoth on
  • senstersenster Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    My boyfriend suggested that I return his ticket since he doesn't drink alcohol. He'll still be tagging along and supporting Ravenclaw. I've messaged Atlus so that someone else can have the joy of being a Ravenclaw DE. :D

senster on
  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    senster wrote: »
    My boyfriend suggested that I return his ticket since he doesn't drink alcohol. He'll still be tagging along and supporting Ravenclaw. I've messaged Atlus so that someone else can have the joy of being a Ravenclaw DE. :D

me ಠ_ಠ

• chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    Ravenclaw OotP!!!!!

<ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    Real Men/Women Roll Hufflepuff! I'm not a huge HP fan, but my roomies decided they are all going, and I love to meet new people so well..The badger sold me...HufflePuff all the way now!

P.S. If I show up in a yellow jump suit..Do I get extra credit?

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Crogoth wrote: »
    has anyone ever tried coordinating with some of the bars to serve some type of butterbeer? maybe a percentage of sales go to Child's Play?

Many of the bars will have themed drinks/shots for us. They keep the money. :P

Edit: Only 45 spots left!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    And ALL of them are in Hufflepuff.

26904.png
  • Foppas SpleenFoppas Spleen Registered User new member
    First TWDT, Slytherin DE! Been wanting to do this for a few years now, and in an effort to be more social and shit, finally signed up. (The bf and I are also doing the PPD)

Looking forward to getting stupid drunk...for the kids.

• AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Ugh. I'm Gryffindor to the bone, but I forgot about this (the delay was too long between the announcement and the registration, so it slipped my mind [business travel does not help, either], but it's still my fault) and missed my Grryff spot. I'll see ya'll in hufflepuff.

• Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular

As someone who has asked these questions of myself each of the past 4 years, I have come to these conclusions:

3. Leave the robes at home. See #1. I brought and carried my robes around the first 3 years. Leaving the robes last year felt very liberating!

4. If you're like me, you'll get just drunk enough to lose your wand during one of the last two stops. I no longer have to worry about this one because I lost my wand 2 years ago! :P

Regardless of what you wear or bring, you'll have a blast! Why? Because you're a Ravenclaw!! :D

We made full length costume robes last year for our group. Hot as hell in the bars, warm and fun trailing down the sidewalks though :D HIGHLY recommend the short sleeve shirts, though. We all had short sleeve button downs last year, worked rather well.

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    'erry day I'm Huffelin'!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • RazorwiredRazorwired Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Tar3820 wrote: »

We made full length costume robes last year for our group. Hot as hell in the bars, warm and fun trailing down the sidewalks though :D HIGHLY recommend the short sleeve shirts, though. We all had short sleeve button downs last year, worked rather well.

It's why I stick with the grad robes. They're made with the consideration that students will wear them over dress clothes in a crowd and usually in the middle of June. As a result they're super airy and with graduation season a month or two behind us they can be had for about five bucks.

Razorwired on
  • RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    Goddamn it all. Refresh the page every hour on the 30th, get drunk and sleep through Tuesday, go online and slytherin de is full up. At least I made it into slytherin Ootp.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Ok, after a long day shopping around town. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot pull off a short, short skirt. My legs are way too muscled for that. So, instead I am gonna be rocking hufflepuff colors with an attitude. Black cargo pants, boots, and yellow tank. It'll do

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Motherfuck, I leave to run a couple of errands, come back and shit has opened and Syltherin DE is full.

C'est le vie, OtoP it is I guess.

You will be missed, bro. At least we'll have the first and last bar, and besides, Slytherin OtoP are just DE's undercover. Will this be your fifth year also or am I mistaken?

• Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Augh, stupid work! I got involved in a series of meetings (and apparently lost track of flippin DATES), and now I missed out on everything but DE Hufflepuff... and I'm just not a DE. I can't do it.

If anyone ends up with a spare +1 for OotP in any non-Slytherin house, let me know.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I've heard some horror stories about Seattle bars not taking canadian licenses and you need to cart your passport everywhereanyone know if there's any truth to this? Never had problems elsewhere in the US i've been with my canadian license.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    I've heard some horror stories about Seattle bars not taking canadian licenses and you need to cart your passport everywhere(never had that problem anywhere else in the US) anyone know if there's any truth to this? Never had problems elsewhere in the US i've been with my canadian license.
    I dont think any US bars will accept a UK drivers licence, so I'll cart my passport around.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Ok, after a long day shopping around town. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot pull off a short, short skirt. My legs are way too muscled for that. So, instead I am gonna be rocking hufflepuff colors with an attitude. Black cargo pants, boots, and yellow tank. It'll do

Skirts for muscled legs can be hard to find, but they're out there. My gf does jiu jitsu and it can be interesting to go shopping with her.

• lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So do we submit ideas for the challenges or are they predetermined? I am excited to find out what they are!

• lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular

Skirts for muscled legs can be hard to find, but they're out there. My gf does jiu jitsu and it can be interesting to go shopping with her.

I was kind of wondering about the skirts vs. jeans thing. Do most ladies go all out in short skirts and make-up (in house colors, of course!) or is it more of a casual, laid back, walking around in jeans and a t-shirt kind of thing? Also, how much walking is actually involved? Are heels feasible or is it advisable to wear flats?

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    lizpirate wrote: »

I was kind of wondering about the skirts vs. jeans thing. Do most ladies go all out in short skirts and make-up (in house colors, of course!) or is it more of a casual, laid back, walking around in jeans and a t-shirt kind of thing? Also, how much walking is actually involved? Are heels feasible or is it advisable to wear flats?

Costumes vary from nothing to very elaborate.
    As for heels, it is a bar crawl. Even if the bars are fairly close together, you'll probably be standing for 2-3 hours of the night. At least.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    First off, I'm super-duper excited to meet all of you who've signed up for my team, Hufflepuff Death Eaters!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is juju. I have run Hufflepuff since PAX Prime 2010 and I also head a team for the annual PAX East Pokecrawl. I'm an Enforcer and an IRCer so all of my friends drink on Ravenclaw and Slytherin, but every year I come back to run Hufflepuff, because it is a fantastic way to get new people into the PA Community. Every year we start up with a ragtag group of mostly PAX strangers and we manage to get stupid-drunk while raising piles of money for the kids - combined with Hufflepuff Dumbledore's Army (OotP) we managed to raise $1,300 last year while looking damn good doing it!

Last year, we had some amazing swag to auction off for the kids, including Harry Potter posters and themed jewelry. At PAX East, we had irresistible drunken noms to serve up to raise money for Child's Play!

Every year, we're the last team to fill up. Every year, we all get astoundingly s**tfaced. Every year, we raise an astounding amount of money. And every year, I meet some of the dearest friends I've ever known (my Head Boy, Binkley, was a Hufflepuff crawler in 2010, and my PokeAssist for PAX East, Swae, was a first-time PAXer and Hufflepuff DE last year!).

I can't wait to meet you all - Hufflepuff Death Eaters, OotP, and all the teams we clash with along the way! On behalf of my stellar running crew, Binkley and Gamb1tx, and also the awesome OotP crew I've had the pleasure of working with for the past few years, Crispy, muttonhead, and rela, we hope you have a fantastic time! We run a tight ship on Hufflepuff - bring lots of money for the kids, disregard for morals and good decision-making, and your best inner lush! :)

Love, your favorite underdog Head of House,
    juju (@jujukoo)

Follow @HufflepuffDE on Twitter for all the latest team updates before and during the Triwizard Drinking Tournament, and join our Facebook group to get pumped with your fellow Hufflepuff Death Eaters!

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Enigmas wrote: »
    lizpirate wrote: »

Costumes vary from nothing to very elaborate.
    As for heels, it is a bar crawl. Even if the bars are fairly close together, you'll probably be standing for 2-3 hours of the night. At least.
    Unless you are one of those females that stand/walk/be drunk in heels for good amount of hours (go you if you are!) then it may be wise to wear comfortable shoes. As for skirts, it varies from female to female. I will be wearing a cheerleader skirt, but leggings underneath it.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Guess I'm lucky to have even managed to sign up. Hope it's alright that I had WANTED to go OotP rather than DE but that's not happening now. I gotta drive back to the hotel so I'm not exactly going to be drinking more than sugar water.

And now I have to find a yellow and black tie.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    leaf wrote: »
    Guess I'm lucky to have even managed to sign up. Hope it's alright that I had WANTED to go OotP rather than DE but that's not happening now. I gotta drive back to the hotel so I'm not exactly going to be drinking more than sugar water.

And now I have to find a yellow and black tie.

House ties are pretty cheap on Amazon.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Who's gonna grab that last ticket so we can sell this thing out?

• UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    Done! Just signed up my buddy and myself for the last 2. I'm not a huge Potter fan (seen the movies, haven't read the books), but we're both veterans of PAX, and game for any nerd+booze event.

Since they're finally available as ebooks, I'm going to start reading the books tonight.

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
This discussion has been closed.