As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    My but you’ve been a busy bunch today. Not as talkative as yesterday, but still rather wild and crazy. This is good. This is what our home audience likes to see. Please continue to be as crazy as you can.

Now, we are being informed by our head director that there is an important international announcement about to take place and we have a short period of time with which to wrap up today’s events. A very small period of time compared to previous nights. So things will be kept short and sweet for you all.

As per the wishes of your group, you have removed the brave one from the first day of this game and he has gone quite peacefully. Megafrost, it turns out was indeed one of the spies for the producer and has been right removed from the game. It turns out that somebody stole his dental floss and found that he could no longer go on. MrT and Infidel both have been taken from the premises by security, a result of the scheming of the producers.

It turns out that two of you were not playing the game at all in the last two days, and as a result of being absolutely useless to everybody around you and completely bad television, Slym and That Dave Fella have been removed.

On a final note involving secrets, it appears that TheRoadVirus’s use of his Pure Gossip “Its’ not a tumor” upon one MrBlarney has revealed some startling revelations.

Hang on. Right. Ok. Before we go to the special announcement that is going to be cutting us off from our live feed, we have an announcement to make. This is coming to me directly from the director’s booth.

Three days have passed within the game and the director feels that as per the original workings of the game that were developed last season, the secrets that are being used will no longer be assigned to their users. You will still be informed of the secret that has been used, and it’s category, but not the person that has submitted the secret for use.

That’s all for tonight, tuck in and get ready to play again tomorrow.

The Removed

Anialos – Removed by the Group
    Megafrost—A Producer’s Pet – lost his dental floss
    MrTLicious –Removed by producer’s pact
    Infidel – Removed by producer’s pact
    Slym— BFF #2 -- Bitch, Please
    That Dave Fella – Bitch, Please

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    So we want to go after those attacking MrT and/or Infy and/or defending Megafrost.

Preferably someone who defended mega subtly by shifting the vote towards Ani.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    5 village in one night is most assvredly not the best of signs.

Ender has been skirting inactivity for too long. It seems he posted just enough yesterday to avoid death. Svspiciovs at the very least.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Agreed the loss of 5 villagers is bad but it could have been much, much worse.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Well, atleast we seem to be dead accurate with the vig. Though I'm getting mixed message from our host, any one minute then asking us to be crazier the next. Maybe she' mad we're not crazy enough.

ohhh @SLyM was special too, man.
    So we want to go after those attacking MrT and/or Infy and/or defending Megafrost.

Preferably someone who defended mega subtly by shifting the vote towards Ani.

Infy was pretty obvious, he was a confirmed villager, MrT might be a good person to investigate but he really hasn't had a bandwagon called up against him. I think we should look more at people contributing to band wagons. Personally I find vagrant_winds suspect since they switched from Mill to Aniolos later yesterday to send him to the clear outlier.

This has been another suspicious, pointless posting, following yesterdays results courtesy of Guy.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    OoooOooo

Go Team Melon Lord!

OoooOooo

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Agreed the loss of 5 villagers is bad but it could have been much, much worse.

It covld have also been mvch better! :p
    Nothing to do bvt learn, analyze, and move forward. And get the silent to contribvte

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think SLyM was just a mason.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Well, that wasn't the best night

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think that was the last of the masons or at least a distinct group of them.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think SLyM was just a mason.

That would be my thought as well, but losing two village aligned people to inactivity annoys me to no end.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    MrBlarney's a villager?
    There goes my next favorite vote.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    So we had wagons on Mill and Anialos, and Anialos came up green. Am I being silly for thinking that it makes Mill look a little suspect?

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Hmm, no substitutes coming in? That's a bit unfortunate to have to lose two village players due to inactivity. But we got one mafia member, and going into the midgame with two mafias eliminated isn't the worst of starts. Considering the eliminations of the most recent night, it looks like my fate might be sealed... enjoy the spreadsheets while they last, people.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1285)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    My vote goes on Bluecyan again today for pretty much the exact same reason that I said last night.

"Boo hoo we lost a special" post about a MASON death... i mean come on...

I don't think voting V_W for these reasons makes sense. The ani wagon is stupid. The mills wagon is stupid. If mills came up mafia... maybe... but he didn't.

MrBlarney wrote: »
    Hmm, no substitutes coming in? That's a bit unfortunate to have to lose two village players due to inactivity. But we got one mafia member, and going into the midgame with two mafias eliminated isn't the worst of starts. Considering the eliminations of the most recent night, it looks like my fate might be sealed... enjoy the spreadsheets while they last, people.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1285)

Yah, I thought that's what reserves were supposed to be for...

I wondering if the Day 3 mechanic was always planned or that we broke the game a little bit...

I wondering if the Day 3 mechanic was always planned or that we broke the game a little bit...

Same. Narration makes it sound like we broke or came close to breaking something.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    My vote goes on Bluecyan again today for pretty much the exact same reason that I said last night.

"Boo hoo we lost a special" post about a MASON death... i mean come on...

I don't think voting V_W for these reasons makes sense. The ani wagon is stupid. The mills wagon is stupid. If mills came up mafia... maybe... but he didn't.

8->

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »

Same. Narration makes it sound like we broke or came close to breaking something.

Kime as village network head broke the game again I suspect. Just like last time.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    adventfalls, because he has a history of being this inactive only when he's mafia.

TRV: I haven't been too inactive in this game compared to other games I've played in, I don't think? I definitely made more than one post each night, and I haven't made any placeholder votes.

With Love and Courage
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i AM village activity

i am SO village activity

i'm so damn activity i even vagrant_wimds.

only, like vagrant_winds instead. you know what i meant.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Well, that wasn't the best night

These posts always reek of mafia, so gonna place my vote on premium unless something better comes up.

And looking at my work for today, I shouldn't be out til late for once! Will get my 2 cents in when I get home.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So now that Infidel's dead can we stop being all "hissssss, hissssssssssssssssssss narration seering"

liEt3nH.png
    The Ender wrote: »
    adventfalls, because he has a history of being this inactive only when he's mafia.

TRV: I haven't been too inactive in this game compared to other games I've played in, I don't think? I definitely made more than one post each night, and I haven't made any placeholder votes.

I have not played with yov enovgh to know yovr patterns. I mostly looked at the player list and picked a name that didn't stand ovt as active

edited August 2012
    So we had wagons on Mill and Anialos, and Anialos came up green. Am I being silly for thinking that it makes Mill look a little suspect?

I really don't want to be the one to meta things up but the removal of those who activate power cards kind of suggests Mill is village. Doesn't confirm It. But I feel the change was done to help give the Mafia a buff of some sort. Kind of gives the impression that something changed to nerf the villages power level back under 9000.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    I'm gunna break with tradition here. Sorry Psolms I have a reason NOT to vote you finally. Smoove Operator and Romanqwerty have only posted 7 and 6 times respectively. The only real BW they've joined is on me. BUT since then they've consistently voted me for reasons like "shakira's hips" and "Third times a charm." They may just be villagers but I'm gunna wish Romanqwerty the best and glare menacingly at Smoove Operator.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    Just strikes me as the bare minimum to stave of "Bitch, Please" and not be too noticeable.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    The "Shakira's Hips" thing bothered me as well. I have made note of it for fvtvre grvmpiness.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I live in Australia so I only really get to post when nobody else is around. Also I keep voting you because I think you're either mafia or an unhelpful villager (though to your credit you haven't been a noticeable detriment in the past day or two so perhaps i'll let it go today).

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    OoooOooo

Go Team Melon Lord!

OoooOooo

You did well, soldier. Take a break now.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I'm Australia as well. So obviously the best time to bandwagon me is while I'm asleep and can't defend myself.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    @Romanqwerty: location is everything, but for instance Warban has post 35+ times since day 0. I'd be less suspisious if the handful you've posted had more meat. They've been single sentences not contributing anything to the quandaries of the day. SO, my vote stands. I DID wish you well though. So if you're a villager I apologize. Try being less of a Mafia Fanboy next time. :P

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    So, due to yesterday's change, I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell either MrBlarney or me your real secret, and not just the category.

Steam profile
    And I look at it this way: Yeah, the mafia can try to use their secrets before the village. That would be unfortunate. But they theoretically have a limited amount of secrets, and once one of them that used their secret already get called on by me to use their secret, they get screwed. Chances are that won't be worth it for them. Assuming they are strategizing at all.

Steam profile
    Was it clarified that we were allowed to pm our actual secrets?

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    Was it clarified that we were allowed to pm our actual secrets?

Yeah.

Also, most people have been doing that already :P

Steam profile