As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BF3] All Premiums has the Aftermaths - Crossbows and gunvans, ho!

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    This is weird. My game is stuttering. Just started today. It runs at a smooth 60 frames but every once in a while (usually when I'm sprinting) it will freeze up for half a second. It does this a few times within a ten second frame and then goes back to normal for a while. Really obnoxious and it messes up my aim.

Do you have a CPU with hyper-threading? If so, is it enabled? Try disabling it, I heard it can cause stuttering with BF3.

I do not. And the game has been running perfectly fine for a week. This is the first time it's happened. And it was apparently happening to other people in the server I joined. But it also happened to me across multiple servers. So I don't know.

Overclocking seems to have created stuttering issues for many people. If you do have an overclock going, try disabling it.

My CPU isn't overclocked either.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • deadstickdeadstick Registered User regular
    The stuttering is due to a server/punkbuster issues. Its happened before.

Steam ID deadstick Battlelog D3ADST1CK
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    i'll be on tonight if dudes want to play. I usually don't stay up too late on the weekends since i have to work but I'll be online

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Well, I feel like getting on for some games. Join me in mumble and we can find a server.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Yeah okay.

• OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Two teams of 12? So four tanks each? Man, I feel like they're fucking with us. We couldn't have double that? It'd be like an even more awesome game of World of Tanks.

EA backend is shitting itself right now. All servers are laggy as hell.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    This game is really frustrating. I've never been this bad at a shooter. I never have any idea what's happening. I get shot from all angles, within seconds of spawning. Enemies seem like bullet sponges and I can't get a feel for any of the weapons.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    This game is really frustrating. I've never been this bad at a shooter. I never have any idea what's happening. I get shot from all angles, within seconds of spawning. Enemies seem like bullet sponges and I can't get a feel for any of the weapons.

Try playing on a server with fewer people. I personally prefer the 32-player servers over the ones with 64. I find it less chaotic and more focused.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Lag is gone guys, come on play!

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    TONIGHT I intend to play this game while drinking beer. If you join me, I will yell at you and insult your ancestry in ways other persons may find entertaining.

• caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    So I have trouble finding the PA server - had that sucker favorited and everything and now it isn't even showing up in a search.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    It does seem to be down at the moment, however I have no actual information to offer. @DietarySupplement might have more.

I can't log into my Branzone account to restart the server. I am copying the username and password directly out of the email that they sent me.

I messaged Dietary.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Well, I guess rank means something. :P I always feel like I'm underpowered and last night my friends and I accidentally logged into a unranked server. I tried some of the weapons you unlock and my k:d was 3:1.

I'm rank 22, btw. :P

But it's frustrating because my overall k:d is 0.67. Which is ridiculous. But oh well.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Koga and I are playing right now, if anyone wants to join.

u4OkoEI.png
    I will join you but I am not in a state of inebriation at this time.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    im home from work and ready to get in to the war--also is this punkbuster shit still an issue?

Shogun on
    edited August 2012
    oh my stars look at all the people. Y'all better get in on this we got a full house just like old times.

edit: I mean we are just stone-cold mocking the loser dudes who ain't in on this fine gaming we got going. if you were here, you would be saved from our scathing commentary.

Professor Phobos on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    oh my stars look at all the people. Y'all better get in on this we got a full house just like old times.

edit: I mean we are just stone-cold mocking the loser dudes who ain't in on this fine gaming we got going. if you were here, you would be saved from our scathing commentary.

You liar, if we were there we'd just get scathing commentary over Mumble. :lol:

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    Close quarter jets are the best way to kill That_Guy!

AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Everyone should just try this:

SPAS12, 6x scope, tac light, slugs.

Pretty much the best gun in the game right there.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Hey so, yeah, I decide to go away for a long weekend and the server hosting company shit the bed on me. Service has been restored.

slammin down some PBJs and then we should play dis

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »
    slammin down some PBJs and then we should play dis

One person in mumble

Looks like that plan went kapoot.

• shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Sorry for bailing on the dudebros last night. I had two peeps show me their best "nightcrawler with a knife" impression and it was time to stop before lag rage started.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    BF3 time on PC until the MechWarrior doodz get back from having lives. If anyone wants to join just join my server and berate me in the chat to get in mumble.

u4OkoEI.png
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    BF3 time on PC until the MechWarrior doodz get back from having lives. If anyone wants to join just join my server and berate me in the chat to get in mumble.

You already give up on MWO?

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
    edited August 2012
    heckels wrote: »

You already give up on MWO?

Just played for an hour and a half with Ryke and now it's big tits all around. I'm excited for tonight to play with everyone else.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Sorry for bailing on the dudebros last night. I had two peeps show me their best "nightcrawler with a knife" impression and it was time to stop before lag rage started.

Sorry, dude! I've noticed lag or just the client side hit detection a lot before too, and it is most suck-y. I'm surprised though, you and I should have similar connections as we are the farthest U.S. players from the server.

XBL - TeenageHead
  • VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    I'm about to hop on Mumble if anyone is interested in killing mans. If not, I'll play some Borderlands.

Sorry, dude! I've noticed lag or just the client side hit detection a lot before too, and it is most suck-y. I'm surprised though, you and I should have similar connections as we are the farthest U.S. players from the server.

No biggie. It's only recently that this has started. I've had some issues telling me I couldn't join a server because I'm running the wrong "version" (I have Premium), and now lag is more prevalent recently. It may be because of the load on my router though. Moved in the wife and her router isn't really a high speed low drag type. I think it can't really handle a large load. What do the other dudebros use? I have an xbox slim, so any guys that have a slim and extra computers, what router do you use?

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    There was some backend issues in the weekend that caused lag for everyone, so it could be that.

Hmm, maybe that was it then. I know I wasn't the only guy to the get the "wrong version" thing. Just thought it was weird.

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    So do many people still consider the USAS 12 to still be OP? I ran into a server that had an auto-kill for anyone using it. Like, isn't that a bit silly?

Yeah, the USAS is terrible. Unless you were on a hardcore server, its pretty damn good on a hardcore server. I wouldnt say its as good as it was when the game first came out though.

The USAS is OK, but has 2 or 3 (can't remember) fewer pellets than the 1014 and has only a marginally higher rate of fire.

On another subject, I am mad jelly of the guys playing PS2 right now so I want to play some BF3 to get over it. Get on mumble with me and we can get a game going.

275 RPM is now only marginally higher than 220. Fun facts.

The USAS got over-nerfed, and it is certainly the worst shotgun. The Jackhammer's new 12 round magazine and the extra pellet it has over the USAS make it superior for now.

u4OkoEI.png
    Which says something about the USAS since the Jackhammer sucks.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    What is a good shotgun?

I've been using the m1014 which seems to work ok but I'm generally not a shotgun toting kind of a guy

Would I be better off with the Saiga, SPAS12 or even the 870MCS?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke