As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] of Olympic Tat

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I want to open up a wheelchair boutique called "Numb"

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    They actually literally tax you on the gold. Like they sheer off 25% of the metal from your medal.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    do not get the olympics boners

nobody cares about these sports any other year!

when was the last time y'all watched swimming

four years ago

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Someone seems to be giving free cats to gold medal winners back home. THAT IS VERY NICE

Pfft. Not as good as being honoured for all time on a stamp.

(even if it is a car rather than a cat)

ELVIS_STAMP.jpg

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I guess what Im saying is fuck the olympics.

REPORT TO YOUR FRIENDLY LOCAL REEDUCATION CAMP OR BE SENTENCED TO HARD LABOR, CITIZEN.

You'll have to send the US archery team to get me, because while you Five Ring Fanboys have been watching swimming, I've been Flething some Hawkeye-style multipurpose arrows.

you

me

zucotti park

8:30ish

cause i have to get on a plane

and then sometimes the cab line can be really long at la guardia

and if my cabbie tries to take a bridge over it will add like another 15 minutes at least

Can we do this Wednesday? I have a midterm tomorrow and the Europeans are dead set on ruining my life.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hi

you're on wait wait don't tell me

poo
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    nobody gets to the olympics without the gubmint's help anyway

uncle sam deserves a cut

There are a lot of talented, successful athletes who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn't -- look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so fit. There are a lot of fit people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great trainer somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a gold medal -- you didn't earn that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the athletes could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

the thing that irked me about this speech wasn't the "you didn't build that" as much as the "Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

that isn't why the internet was created at all!!

V true. However, once it became obvious that the internet was going to become a thing, the US government somehow managed to support it without smothering it in its crib. It's impressive so long as go by what I call the "Of Mice and Men" metric.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't understand how it's been on the air this long, either. Listening to people fix cars is like watching people play video games: boring.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    IF YOU CREDIT WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DEBIT I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, DEEBASER

tyrannus on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

uncle sam deserves a cut

There are a lot of talented, successful athletes who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn't -- look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so fit. There are a lot of fit people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great trainer somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a gold medal -- you didn't earn that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the athletes could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

the thing that irked me about this speech wasn't the "you didn't build that" as much as the "Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

IT was started so we'd have some communications when the reds nuked us into dust?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

four years ago

it was fun then too!

it is cool to watch the fastest person in the world run faster than the other fast people

and so on

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    spool32 wrote: »
    Seriously though it's no surprise. The daytime shows are non-good most of the time.

CAR

TALK

That's Saturday morning! Totally different than World Have Your Say at 11Am on a Wednesday.

spool32 on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Elvis was in the Olympics? :O

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

four years ago
    if we did it every year we'd get bored! that's what makes it good

poo
    Winky wrote: »
    This motorized wheelchair store is called "Allure"

They selling some sexy wheelchairs in there.
    i'd stick my shaft in her spokes

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

I got those bits down. I just have to study the shit out of Closings and pray that entry adjustments are still as easy as they seemed last nights.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    vanguard I am filling a sack with oranges

I am going to beat you with it

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

I got those bits down. I just have to study the shit out of Closings and pray that entry adjustments are still as easy as they seemed last nights.

fuckin t charts

how do dey werk

919UOwT.png
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Cables are too manly for me. Much too manly. One day though. One day I'll be the guy with enormous tits doing terrible things to himself in the frame.

I effing love cables. My chest is the one muscle that I've gotten noticable, consistent growth/ripping in over the past six months. The only drawback is that bench is where you gain the most mass across your chest, hands down. And bench is too technical and far too miserably discourging without a buddy.

Uh what? Use less weight. Bench is a pretty good staple exercise.

I could use less weight, but then I'm a fair amount under my bodyweight for reps. And that feels like I'm not working at all. If I use my bodyweight or more, I get exhausted right then and discourged, and end up slogging through the next hour, instead of destroying for an hour+.

Yes, this sounds stupid, but there it is.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    What's the show on NPR where it's like, a whose line fake gameshow, only with soft spoken hokey english teachers making horrible jokes. Sub-dad jokes. Elementary school teacher jokes. That came on one day when I was driving and I was in awe of how terrible it was. My personal hell.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

uncle sam deserves a cut

Whoa whoa hold on. When I took issue with that in the President thread I was history's worst fucking monster. Also every mook with a wikipedia tab open was suddenly Mister Internet History Major, talking to me like I thought gopher was an animal.

Haphazard wrote: »
    Elvis was in the Olympics? :O

I'm saying America does things differently.

I wonder why there hasn't been a Steve Jobs stamp yet.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    man, what is going on. This board does wacky stuff. How did this even get an agree before I edited?

ORIGINAL POST:
    Arch wrote: »
    YO ARE PEOPLE HATING ON THE OLYMPICS?

I will fight all of you
    You'd get bronze at best in that competition.

mrflippy on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    vanguard I am filling a sack with oranges

I am going to beat you with it

This still sounds more exciting than car talk

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Mrflippy I agreed with that post, but it is like

a sad, resigned agreement

What's the show on NPR where it's like, a whose line fake gameshow, only with soft spoken hokey english teachers making horrible jokes. Sub-dad jokes. Elementary school teacher jokes. That came on one day when I was driving and I was in awe of how terrible it was. My personal hell.

That show is fantastic and you are a terrible person. It's "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me".

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Seriously though it's no surprise. The daytime shows are non-good most of the time.

CAR

TALK

That's Saturday morning! Totally different than World Have Your Say at 11Am on a Wednesday.

Your NPR is weird.

My NPR is...
    6-10 am(they repeat starting at 8) Morning Edition
    10-10:30 Colorado matters(local news)
    10:30-11 BBC Business
    11-12 Fresh Air
    12-2 Talk of the Nation/Science Fridays
    2-4 The World(PRI and BBC)
    4-7 All Things Considered
    7-7:30 Colorado Matters replay
    7:30-6am is usually just BBC world service

What is this World Have Your Say?

Also weekends outside of This American Life, Radiolab, and some of the Showcase stuff is pretty meh. Also Morning Edition-Weekend isn't bad.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

uncle sam deserves a cut

Whoa whoa hold on. When I took issue with that in the President thread I was history's worst fucking monster. Also every mook with a wikipedia tab open was suddenly Mister Internet History Major, talking to me like I thought gopher was an animal.

that is because i have descretely pushed off the mantle of "token conservative, act like an asshole to me" to you

i am now "that guy who i disagree with most of what he says, but can't figure out why"

919UOwT.png
    alright @skippydumptruck

I will grant you this

car talk is not as bad prairie home companion

actually fuck that, at least phc has a piano

I'd still rather be sodomized with a pinecone than listen to either

Mazzy that's what they play on Saturday?

Wierd. Your NPR is hella weird. Where is Prairie Home Companion? Car Talk? Splendid Table?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    NPR is just dreadful

mo rocca should be hung for war crimes

Someone just defended the Hitler Youth as being civic-minded young go-getters in the Chick-Fil-A thread ...

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

Arch, I posted that and then suddenly there were like 3 more pages after your post so I edited because I thought nobody would care anymore.

mrflippy wrote: »

Arch, I posted that and then suddenly there were like 3 more pages after your post so I edited because I thought nobody would care anymore.

vaniiiiiillllllaaaaaaaaaaaa

emnmnme wrote: »
    Someone just defended the Hitler Youth as being civic-minded young go-getters in the Chick-Fil-A thread ...

sounds like Popery to me

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

uncle sam deserves a cut

that is because i have descretely pushed off the mantle of "token conservative, act like an asshole to me" to you

i am now "that guy who i disagree with most of what he says, but can't figure out why"

We need a new conservative regular around here. I need to get in on this liberal ambivalence shit you've worked out.

what youth hasn't idolized hitler at one point or another

it is because gooey doesn't engage in debates really anymore he just shoots the shit in [chat] and apparently hangs out with people in texas or wherever he is

we have forgotten that he is a terrible person, deep down

i have not forgotten

NEVAR FORGET

This discussion has been closed.