As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dog Grooming

siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm really at wit's end here.

I've got a rottweiler/chow mix who's pretty fucking spastic whenever he sees a pair of scissors. To the point where I can't even walk towards him with a pair without him ripping around the house. He's got a huge amount of clumped hair at his hind quarters, and I've been trying to (without success!) get rid of it. The last groomer we had do this sort of thing drugged him and did it while he was sleeping. However, I guess it was amateur hour down at the vet and they decided to draw blood without drugging him, and they were surprised when he turned around and nipped someone.

So right now I'm coming to you for some way to calm him, with drugs or whatever, or how I could go about getting some of these doggie calming drugs or find someone who can administer such drugs and shave him while he sleeps. Thanks in advance.

siliconenhanced on

• supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Put a muzzle on the dog, put him in a harness, and leash him up to a tree/pole/etc, keeping the leash very, very short. Trim some hair. Give the dog a cookie, turn him loose. Repeat daily until he realizes that having his hair cut isn’t so bad.

supabeast on