Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Remember, Remember the Sixth of November [2012 Presidential Election Thread]

1111214161799

Posts

  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I want to think Stephanie married a man with a last name of Cutter purely beause it fit her personality.

    So she'd be Stephanie Cutter-Cutter?

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    So It Goes
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well the Biden with Hillary thing did lead to the epic Carney put down of John McCain. Is it any surprise that Carney was Biden's press secretary?

    Really? This explains so much about my feelings.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yes. Though I thought she was married already.

  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    I'm liking the tea party ads.
    jbQkU.jpg

    I'll never get used to "I disagree with the other guy" not being enough, that it has to be, "GOING TO KILL AMERICA AS WE KNOW IT."

    That reminds me, on my way to the bank today I saw a George W. Bush "Miss me?" bumper sticker.

    I guess I miss him in that I'd prefer him to be in charge of the country than Romney or Ryan? Turns out that he wasn't the very bottom of the barrel

    Your puny weapons are useless against me
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

    The ending of this video is great

    two hands out. one hand out. diamond hands. scales of justice. One hand out. Diamond hands. Back to two-hands out.

    The truly great ones can vary the rhythm

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So Ryan has released two years of tax returns. Nothing really interesting in them.

  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    So Ryan has released two years of tax returns. Nothing really interesting in them.

    That puts him at releasing more than Romney.

    Ballsy.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    So Ryan has released two years of tax returns. Nothing really interesting in them.

    That puts him at releasing more than Romney.

    Ballsy.

    Nah same number, remember Romney counts this year that he plans on releasing... sometime yeah I'll get back to you on that, but I'll promise you I'll release it and in fact count it as having been released.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    the teleprompter thing has always been extremely dumb. Not only is it obvious that obama has no trouble speaking extemporaneously,

    everyone uses teleprompters

    the only thing never having used one says is that you're too small time to have done much televised speechifying

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    remember pluto? Once a planet but now a pseudo
    funny how information changes the facts that you know
  • SerukoSeruko Ferocious Kitten of The Farthest NorthRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    the teleprompter thing has always been extremely dumb. Not only is it obvious that obama has no trouble speaking extemporaneously,

    everyone uses teleprompters


    the only thing never having used one says is that you're too small time to have done much televised speechifying

    Simply to pick nits, President Clinton gave one of the longest State of the Union addresses in 1994 from memory, without using the provided teleprompter (because the provided teleprompter had the wrong speech loaded).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_State_of_the_Union_Address

    which really proves your point, it's the exception that proves your rule.

    Seruko on
    "How are you going to play Dota if your fingers and bitten off? You can't. That's how" -> Carnarvon
    "You can be yodeling bear without spending a dime if you get lucky." -> reVerse
    "In the grim darkness of the future, we will all be nurses catering to the whims of terrible old people." -> Hacksaw
    "In fact, our whole society will be oriented around caring for one very decrepit, very old man on total life support." -> SKFM
    I mean, the first time I met a non-white person was when this Vietnamese kid tried to break my legs but that was entirely fair because he was a centreback, not because he was a subhuman beast in some zoo ->yotes
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    you don't suppose mccain is reid's source do you

    I kinda like the idea they get drunk together

    give orin hatch wedgies

    congressbros

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    you don't suppose mccain is reid's source do you

    I kinda like the idea they get drunk together

    give orin hatch wedgies

    congressbros

    There were theories it was McCain because he hates Romney, but more likely IF there is a source, its probably a disgruntled person from the McCain campaign.

  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    Your puny weapons are useless against me
  • SerukoSeruko Ferocious Kitten of The Farthest NorthRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    Really? You think if Romney gets elected he's going to pull a president for life/fire in the reichstag/first citizen coup d'etat?

    "How are you going to play Dota if your fingers and bitten off? You can't. That's how" -> Carnarvon
    "You can be yodeling bear without spending a dime if you get lucky." -> reVerse
    "In the grim darkness of the future, we will all be nurses catering to the whims of terrible old people." -> Hacksaw
    "In fact, our whole society will be oriented around caring for one very decrepit, very old man on total life support." -> SKFM
    I mean, the first time I met a non-white person was when this Vietnamese kid tried to break my legs but that was entirely fair because he was a centreback, not because he was a subhuman beast in some zoo ->yotes
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    They wouldn't be necessary.

    You'd just put the candidates' money on a big scale and then whoever has the highest total is declared president.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nah more like the US will cease to be a country in the resultant serfdom that Romney institutes.

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    3JB51V3.png
    Nintendo ID: Cloudbomb
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nah more like the US will cease to be a country in the resultant serfdom that Romney institutes.

    I'm still going with what I said last page:
    I'm pretty sure that Romney's plan is as follows:

    1. Stategically direct spending so that unemployment and poverty wind up concentrated almost entirely in a few continguous states (but he will divert attention by making huge strides in lower level technical training for their students).

    2. Spin these states off and sell to China.

    3. Over night, unemployment and poverty in America will drop to all time lows, and since everyone in those states will be poor anyway, they'll accept China style wages and work conditions, allowing US companies to tap skilled, trained workers to produce cheap goods without having to incur the cost of shipping them from China.

    4. Romney will usher in a new age of prosperity for all Americans (since the people who don't benefit won't be Americans anymore).

    5. Just as his second term is coming to a close, he'll sell the remaining states to the highest bidder for an absolute fortune (the balance sheet will be REALLY strong) and distribute the proceeds (less his 20% carried interest) to his campaign donors.

    Now you'll never have to wonder why people are throwing so much money at Romney's campaign. They are betting on his proven business record, because this is a business venture.

    7zh9uu9etcor.jpg
    Chanus wrote:
    It's been a butt come true! I get to work with the absolute best boobs in the business. What more could a money ask for? Kids, aim for the freeloaders !
  • DelzhandDelzhand motivated battle programmerRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    If you can win an election without releasing tax returns, why would you ever release them? I mean, this is a litmus test - Romney clearly has something he doesn't want the people to see, and the people want to see it. If he wins, the GOP will know they aren't beholden to the people on that front.

    jk0Btsj.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    If you can win an election without releasing tax returns, why would you ever release them? I mean, this is a litmus test - Romney clearly has something he doesn't want the people to see, and the people want to see it. If he wins, the GOP will know they aren't beholden to the people on that front.

    Not many people can say that one of their greatest accomplishments was undoing one of their father's greatest accomplishments.

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nah more like the US will cease to be a country in the resultant serfdom that Romney institutes.

    I'm still going with what I said last page:
    I'm pretty sure that Romney's plan is as follows:

    1. Stategically direct spending so that unemployment and poverty wind up concentrated almost entirely in a few continguous states (but he will divert attention by making huge strides in lower level technical training for their students).

    2. Spin these states off and sell to China.

    3. Over night, unemployment and poverty in America will drop to all time lows, and since everyone in those states will be poor anyway, they'll accept China style wages and work conditions, allowing US companies to tap skilled, trained workers to produce cheap goods without having to incur the cost of shipping them from China.

    4. Romney will usher in a new age of prosperity for all Americans (since the people who don't benefit won't be Americans anymore).

    5. Just as his second term is coming to a close, he'll sell the remaining states to the highest bidder for an absolute fortune (the balance sheet will be REALLY strong) and distribute the proceeds (less his 20% carried interest) to his campaign donors.

    Now you'll never have to wonder why people are throwing so much money at Romney's campaign. They are betting on his proven business record, because this is a business venture.

    And thanks to 9/11, Patriot Act, NDAA, etc, any attempt by civilians to wall against these types of changes will be met with....less that constitutional force. I think OWS showed a glance at this possibility.

    Buuuuut I don't see it happening like that because I don't see him winning.

    3JB51V3.png
    Nintendo ID: Cloudbomb
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    If you can win an election without releasing tax returns, why would you ever release them? I mean, this is a litmus test - Romney clearly has something he doesn't want the people to see, and the people want to see it. If he wins, the GOP will know they aren't beholden to the people on that front.

    Not many people can say that one of their greatest accomplishments was undoing one of their father's greatest accomplishments.

    Richard Gere in pretty woman can say that, and he also happens to be the most famous PE guy in the world other than Romney.

    Edit: Ugh, does that make me Jason Alexander?

    spacekungfuman on
    7zh9uu9etcor.jpg
    Chanus wrote:
    It's been a butt come true! I get to work with the absolute best boobs in the business. What more could a money ask for? Kids, aim for the freeloaders !
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    3JB51V3.png
    Nintendo ID: Cloudbomb
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    And thanks to 9/11, Patriot Act, NDAA, etc, any attempt by civilians to wall against these types of changes will be met with....less that constitutional force. I think OWS showed a glance at this possibility.

    Buuuuut I don't see it happening like that because I don't see him winning.

    Obama is just as bad you know? He passed the NDAA, extended the Patriot Act, murdered American citizens and one the sections of the NDAA allowed indefinite detentions for American citizens.

    I support Obama, but people need to realize he's basically the lesser of two evils.

    dbrock270 on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    ~NDAA changed fuck all~

    ~People should stop just saying paranoid shit for no reason~

    AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Brutal JBrutal J Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    steam_sig.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    I'm not, it's paranoid bullshit.

    Lh96QHG.png
    SerukoQuid
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    you don't suppose mccain is reid's source do you

    I kinda like the idea they get drunk together

    give orin hatch wedgies

    congressbros

    There were theories it was McCain because he hates Romney, but more likely IF there is a source, its probably a disgruntled person from the McCain campaign.

    It'll be Palin.

    See, she is actually a democrat double agent, whom infiltrated the republican party in 2008 to sabotage McCains election and send the republican party into a downwards spiral.

    She's been keeping up the facade up until now, so that when she finally unveils her nefarious scheme, the tea party implodes into a singularity.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Lh96QHG.png
    Solomaxwell6
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    I'm not, it's paranoid bullshit.

    I will never forget my Atlas Shrugged phase in college and almost falling for those "Bush is going to institute martial law!" things.

    I am ashamed of young me.

    spacekungfumanSolomaxwell6Pi-r8BehemothCapfalcon
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

    And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    And thanks to 9/11, Patriot Act, NDAA, etc, any attempt by civilians to wall against these types of changes will be met with....less that constitutional force. I think OWS showed a glance at this possibility.

    Buuuuut I don't see it happening like that because I don't see him winning.

    Obama is just as bad you know? He passed the NDAA, extended the Patriot Act, murdered American citizens and one the sections of the NDAA allowed indefinite detentions for American citizens.

    I support Obama, but people need to realize he's basically the lesser of two evils.

    I wasn't suggesting that anyone in particular was to blame or "just as bad" - simply saying that given the hypothesis presented by kungfu, anyone who would wish to rally against this type of radical change would find the cards stacked against them.

    And Obama did not murder anyone. If you say it like that you believe it in a way that I fear no rational discussion would unseat. And the lesser of two evils rhetoric is old and tired. Really old and tired. I don't suppose you're going to tell me about "the machine" next?

    3JB51V3.png
    Nintendo ID: Cloudbomb
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

    And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

    Nope. He could win because people are fucking stupid and blame Obama for the bad economy. He could win if Europe collapses and drags us into recession. He could win because people are racist shits. He could win because liberals are stay home because the perfect is the enemy of the good.

    There are many reasons Romney could win that have nothing to do with citizens; you people need some goddamn perspective sometimes.

    Lh96QHG.png
    spacekungfumanSolomaxwell6lonelyahavaElJeffeMega Playboy
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

    And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

    They're in on it too.

  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

    And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

    I disagree that a Romney win would mean the political process is dead. I think Romney winning would be a testament to how set in their ways conservative voters are more than it would anything about money.

    7zh9uu9etcor.jpg
    Chanus wrote:
    It's been a butt come true! I get to work with the absolute best boobs in the business. What more could a money ask for? Kids, aim for the freeloaders !
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    What do you mean you people?

    And it doesn't matter WHY Romney won, its more about that doing all the horrible things his campaign did and still winning sends a message to the electorate and the media, because perception becomes reality.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

    Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

    I'm curious about your implication here.

    I'm not, it's paranoid bullshit.

    I will never forget my Atlas Shrugged phase in college and almost falling for those "Bush is going to institute martial law!" things.

    I am ashamed of young me.

    I think we're all ashamed of young us.

    Except Orc, who will continue to fight the good fight against the popeidiles.

    Lh96QHG.png
    spacekungfumanSolomaxwell6Capfalcon
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

    And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

    Nope. He could win because people are fucking stupid and blame Obama for the bad economy. He could win if Europe collapses and drags us into recession. He could win because people are racist shits. He could win because liberals are stay home because the perfect is the enemy of the good.

    There are many reasons Romney could win that have nothing to do with citizens; you people need some goddamn perspective sometimes.

    Every generations sky is falling.

    3JB51V3.png
    Nintendo ID: Cloudbomb
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

    Correct sir.

    A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

    It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

    Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

    And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

    I disagree that a Romney win would mean the political process is dead. I think Romney winning would be a testament to how set in their ways conservative voters are more than it would anything about money.

    I dunno honestly, look at what republican state governments have done to voters rights since 2010 (and abortion rights for that matter) imagine the damage they could do while holdng the federal government reigns at the same time. I don't think its that far fetched to believe that in a Romney presidency that voting would become a priveledge.

This discussion has been closed.