As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Twilight Imperium] Game 5 - Round 8: Game Over!

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    New Data Available

Reconstruction of the astrological charts was complete. Little had changed during the L1Z1X long slumber, of course. Draxx had been annihilated by a collosal comet strike exactly as predicted, and the asteroid filed that marked the planet's grave would be a useful buffer.

Now the Overmind's imperative rushed through the MindNet, flowing through the bodies of every drone, overseer and adjutant like quicksilver. Instantly united in purpose, the L1Z1X set to work. Shipyards and foundries groaned back to life. Labour drones returned to their places on assembly lines. The military-industrial machine that was 0.0.0 was ignited.

The time for waiting was over. Now it was time to act.

The L1Z1X MindNet selects: (4) Production

@Orange Soda is next to select Strategy.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Don't forget @SeGaTai

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'll have your processor for that Iron Weasel

PSN SeGaTai
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My fan fiction ends when the game begins,
    or does it?

Yeah, it does.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'll have your processor for that Iron Weasel
    You can take it from my cold, unfeeling manipulator.

Seriously - go ahead and take it. I have like, eight others and I've been dying for an upgrade.

Currently Playing:
    OK, IW & Kil, can we talk?
    What would you think of me moving in on the Loki system?
    I would go no further & would consider us at peace & wouldn't make any aggressive moves against you.
    What may you want in return?

stever777 wrote: »
    I would go no further & would consider us at peace & wouldn't make any aggressive moves against you.

Complete assimilation into the MindNet?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited August 2012
    Our minds are too powerful for that.
    E - & we're snakes!

stever777 on

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Announcement! - jdarksun is withdrawing from active play, so Void Slayer will be the sole player for the Muatt team for now.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Kilnaga wrote: »

Complete assimilation into the MindNet?
    Even though @stever777 has refused our entirely reasonable offer, the MindNet remains open to negotiation.

The L1Z1X will tolerate the presence of the Naalu in the Loki system on the condition that the Naalu recognize and respect the absolute inviolability of the Vega and Faunus systems. Any attempt - military, diplomatic or otherwise - to gain a foothold in those systems will be interpreted as Act of War, which we will prosecute without mercy.

Furthermore, we would require the payment of one (1) Trade Good as a sign of your good faith, no later than the Status of Phase of Turn 2.

Currently Playing:
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Couldn't you guys take the hint 3000 years ago that no one wants you around?

The L1Z1X will tolerate the presence of the Naalu in the Loki system on the condition that the Naalu recognize and respect the absolute inviolability of the Vega and Faunus systems. Any attempt - military, diplomatic or otherwise - to gain a foothold in those systems will be interpreted as Act of War, which we will prosecute without mercy.

Furthermore, we would require the payment of one (1) Trade Good as a sign of your good faith, no later than the Status of Phase of Turn 2.

The Naalu Snake Queen approves of the terms laid out and will abide by them with good will.
    Payment will be forthcoming and may our peoples live in harmony and prosperity.

MrBody wrote: »
    Couldn't you guys take the hint 3000 years ago that no one wants you around?

What people want is of no import; assimilation will eliminate such petty, fleshy, desires.

- Terence McKenna
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    We take leadership

@Void Slayer next

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Hmmm... Really?

Okay then.

The Muaat will learn from history and select (7)Technology.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    @MrBody and @BertezBertez to choose from (3) Assembly, (6) Warfare II, (8) Bureaucracy.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    The different Warfare card is really nice by the way.

And for the triple post, I'll say that I will abide by the spirit of Keep Out if you do Yin, I have no desire to burn to deathbattle a bunch of differently-abled clones.

The Naalu Snake Queen approves of the terms laid out and will abide by them with good will.

We are deeply gratified that you have seen fit to pay so small a price in exchange for peace.

Currently Playing:

We are deeply gratified that you have seen fit to pay so small a price in exchange for peace.

You should have asked him for 10 trade goods then negotiated down to 1.

edited August 2012
    (3) Assembly

We propose Naalu give us 20 trade goods in the spirit of cooperation.

MrBody on
    @Stever777 is up to start in on the actions I think

PSN SeGaTai
    edited August 2012
    Round 1: Start of Action Phase

Strategy Phase Summary
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Select (5) Trade II Strategy Card.
    The Naalu Collective: Select (2) Diplomacy II Strategy Card.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Select (4) Production Strategy Card.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Select (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    The Embers of Muaat: Select (7) Technology II Strategy Card.
    The Yin Brotherhood: Select (3) Assembly Strategy Card.

A bonus counter is placed on the (6) Warfare and (8) Bureaucracy Strategy Cards.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective: (0) Diplomacy II Current Turn
    The Ghosts of Creuss: (1) Leadership
    The Yin Brotherhood: (3) Assembly
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (4) Production
    Universities of Jol-Nar: (5) Trade II
    The Embers of Muaat: (7) Technology II

stever777 is up to take the first action, due to his racial ability.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Can you still not perform a strategy card's secondary action if you as the card holder just performed the primary action? Or did they change that with the expansion?

I can understand that rule in the base game since every secondary action is basically a copy of the primary and it would have been broken to let everyone do those twice in a row, but so many of the secondaries in the expansion are completely different.

Ex. The Assembly card we have. Would it be against the rules for us to use the primary to assign the speaker token, then use the secondary to spend a counter to refresh a planet?

Unless otherwise stated, the player that performs a card's Primary Ability cannot also perform its Secondary Ability. Only other players have access to the Secondary Ability, immediately after the Primary Ability is resolved.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited August 2012
    The Naalu Collective: Round 1 -
    I activate the primary ability of the (2) Diplomacy II Strategy Card, choosing option b), to execute the secondary ability for free, (Tele-Snakes can't read), spending a Strategy Allocation Counter and exhausting Maaluuk (2I) & Druaa (1I) to annex Bereg.

TG/AC/PC: 0/0/2
    SA/FS/CC: 2/3/3

stever777 on

edited August 2012
    As noted on the card text, when playing the Diplomacy II strategy card for option b, you need not spend any command counters or influence for annexation. No costs will be taken for your play.

Other players may choose now whether to play or pass on the Secondary Ability of the card. You may do so in player order or feel free to declare out of order.

The L1z1x Mindnet: PASS
    The Ghosts of Creuss: PASS
    The Embers of Muaat:
    The Yin Brotherhood: PASS
    Universities of Jol-Nar: PASS

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Ghosts of Creuss Pass

Yin passes

I have a message to the nations of Muaat and L1Z1X.

Are you interested in a neighborly alliance? When trade comes up I want to offer trade agreements to both of you.

We offer a 2 trade agreement for Muaat's 2 trade agreement.
    We offer a 1 trade agreement for L1Z1X's 1 trade agreement.

Don't the Creuss have 2/2 trade agreements, not 2/1?

- Terence McKenna
    We do, not sure what he's thinking

PSN SeGaTai

He's thinking he'll try and shaft the MindNet? :p

- Terence McKenna
    What's one TG between friends?

PSN SeGaTai
    Seeing as we aren't friends until that TG arrives, quite a bit I'd say. :P

- Terence McKenna
    The L1z1x Mindnet Passes

- Terence McKenna
    edited August 2012
    derp

MrBody on
  • calibercaliber Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    Fixed post above & added stats which should be in every action post.
    E - Not the Passes that were just posted.

stever777 on

Kilnaga wrote: »

He's thinking he'll try and shaft the MindNet? :p

Not sure what happened there. I made that post under heavy sleep deprivation and I was definitely aware that we had 2/2 agreements. I must have just mistyped.

Alternatively, Jol-Nar... you do have a nice 3 trade agreement. L1Z1X is being a little confrontational. It might be in our best interest to hit up a trade agreement with someone across the map instead. I'd like to remind you that there is a wormhole very close to your sector of space and home world. Creuss is just as much your "neighbor" as the two people to your left and right. It could be in your best interest to work with us as a team.

I will have to look for another way to broker peace with the l1z1X. If a trade agreement won't do it, than we may need to set up some mutually assured destruction type, opposing fleets. L1Z1X, I have no intention of attacking you EVER this game, so having a trade agreement with you isn't the only reason I need to do so. I'd like to broker peace with you, even if there isn't a trade agreement, but know that the creuss are not afraid of you. We are just as militaristic as your race, and we will destroy you if we need to.