As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Employee Lounge - where-in we discuss awful customers AND co-workers

• Options
    Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Here's one for you.

My coworker has two schedules. The one the company makes for him, and the one HE makes for himself.

Suffice it to say, he plans the days he is calling out well in advance.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    I love the smell of a new Employee Lounge Thread.

It smells of Febreeze.

So, who has gone to buy a sub sandwich to see a person order a pizza sub, and then yell at the worker for puting pizza sauce on the sub?

Uh, WTF? Why would you order a pizza sub then? Just get a salami.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Probably the polar oposite from where I worked in a T-mobile call center <shudders> I still have nightmares.
    :shock: What, really? Which center? :D

I... I like my job. :( I get paid ridiculous amounts of money to sit on the phone all day and be nice to people, and I just got promoted to retention, which means I'll get paid FUCKING ridiculous amounts of money.

T-mobile retention = easy stuff as long as you can show/fake sympathy and niceness reasonable well. I've talked to people over there and I found out that they're making easily 50% more than I'm making in Customer Care, and they don't have to deal with the crazy troubleshooting calls, which are the bane of my existence.

Plus, for some crazy reason, I'm actually performing fantastically in the company - I've apparently caught the notice of the VP of Customer Service. O_o

Damn, I love this job.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So next month i start actually getting the commission i have been earning. I havn't really been paying much attention to the total amount i will be getting, just that its 20% after i hit my target. Well it turns out that next month, my weekly pay will be about 4 times larger.

For a 20 with no real education beyond high school, i am earning an amazing amount of money. I had no idea i could ever earn this much in this line of work.... WOOHOO!!!

noobert on
  • Options
    ParkingtigersParkingtigers Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Materly wrote: »
    Wow, this thread has really grown...

.. but you know what's worse than terrible, arrogant, rude customers? Terrible, arrogant, rude co-workers. At least the customers leave after a while, but the co-workers will always be there.

One day myself and the guy next to me were talking about how funy it is how in New York when you meet people the question of what country your family is from always comes up. This girl walks into the tail end of the discussion and starts regaling us with stories of how her ancestors were native americans and whatnot. She asks me where my family was from and my response was something like 'I don't know, straight off the mayflower or something...'

She looks at me and says 'Your ancestors murdered my ancestors' with this accusing tone in her voice. The guy next to me chimes in with 'Obviously they didn't kill enough of them.'

I don't care where, I don't care why, but comedy absolutely demands a response like that. Glorious stuff.

Parkingtigers on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] sig.gif
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love it when you get a job, and you get the attention of upper management just because you actually WORK when you are on company time. I got praised for doing a good job and actually working fast, when I really wasn't doing anything special. I wonder what kind of people they hired if they make me look good :P

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't think I've shared this story before, so here goes, the story of the first time I got sued (or named in a suit)

Back when I worked at Gamestop, we had a pretty good set of employees. Everyone got along, even the obnoxious supernerd (the sort who seeks to impress all by way of bragging about game accomplishments). However, we needed a new employee to fill out the schedule, since one of ours was leaving. Naturally, going through the stack of applications leads mostly to nightmares, because the bulk of them list nothing of note and then things like "I really like videogames" under "skills". Well, that, and the fact that my boss would always write notes on people's apps after they dropped them off, so we could remember them. So we'd have things like "DO NOT HIRE" and "Giant facial piercings" written on the applications.

Eventually, we found one that looked decent enough. The guy was available all the time, he wasn't a teenager, and he had some retail experience. Sounds good, right?

So we hire this guy, who turns out to be a large black man in his late 30s who still lives at home, and clearly has something the fuck wrong with him (you might ask why I mention his being black, but this comes up later). He's not mentally disabled so much as just obviously has a few screws loose. He's not a lot of fun to work with, but he does the job just fine.

Now, as any of you that've worked retail/food/etc as a non-manager should know, you get all the shitty work. Since our employee, who we'll call Tim was hired mostly to cover the slow dayshift with a manager (me, the ASM, or the SM), that meant he was pretty much always doing the shit we didn't want to do. We'd make him climb the ladders to get stuff, sort the trade-ins, handle the customers we don't like, etc. You know, typical asshole manager behavior.

One day though, Tim just stops showing up. We didn't bother to think much of it, as that's how we lose most employees, they just stop coming. But then, later that day, we get a phone call, from his mother. She lets us know that he won't be in for a while because he's had to go to the hospital on account of having a mental breakdown. We joke, of course, about it being all our fault, because we made him do the work we didn't want to do.

A few weeks later, he comes in, with his mother, and gets his paycheck, without speaking one word to us (his mom does the talking, relaying the message that he needs his paycheck, and is quitting). We assume this is the last we'll see of him.

However, this was not to be the case. About a month later, we get served with papers. Apparently, he's suing Gamestop, and all three managers for racist treatment which drove him to his mental breakdown, and lead to his loss of employment. We end up having to talk to the DM/RM, and some lawyer to get our statements about various particular incidents he cites, and have to explain that none of our "mistreatment" of Tim had anything to do with his race, but everything to do with us being managers, and him not being a manager. He had to do the work we assigned to him, and that yes, since he was a bigger guy than the other employees, he did get stuck with more of the physical labor (of which there's very little at Gamestop)

I was all excited about getting to go into court and stuff, but sadly they eventually dropped the suit, likely because their lawyer realized he was just a crazy weirdo, not the victim of racism.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    HelfMyselp wrote: »
    I work the graveyard shift (11-7) as an emergency dispatcher for a small alarm company.

I loved working graveyards in college. In the summer after my junior year, I worked the service desk of the university-affiliated apartment building I was living in. I got as many graveyard (12-6) shifts I wanted, because no one else would take them willingly. During the summer, not enough students are there to cause a ruckus much past 1 AM, so the rest of the time was spent playing video games and watching movies, while doing about fifteen minutes of work towards the end for the next guy to take the desk. And the few people you did see during the graveyard shift were regulars, so you got to know them well, especially the RAs and the cops that got called out occasionally.

I remember one time, one of the cops I knew pretty well had to come break up a massive party--apparently there were 40 people in a tiny four-person college apartment, which included some of the residents' parents. He said he was accused of being racist, that he was breaking up the party because they were black.

To which he replied, "Sir, you're not black. There's not a black person in this party. In fact, this is the whitest party I've seen in a long time."

God, sometimes I wish I had those days back. Working until 6 in the morning, having a beer when you get off maybe, then sleeping until noon or later, refreshed and waiting to take on the day. It's a shame I couldn't possibly be paid what I'd need to be paid to do something like that.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    drhazard wrote: »
    I remember one time, one of the cops I knew pretty well had to come break up a massive party--apparently there were 40 people in a tiny four-person college apartment, which included some of the residents' parents. He said he was accused of being racist, that he was breaking up the party because they were black.

To which he replied, "Sir, you're not black. There's not a black person in this party. In fact, this is the whitest party I've seen in a long time."

Wait, wait wait... did I read this correctly?
    There was NO black person and they accused him of racism because they were black?
    Were they kidding, or were they actually serious?
    That's some funny shit right there :lol:

Djiem on
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Now, as any of you that've worked retail/food/etc as a non-manager should know, you get all the shitty work. Since our employee, who we'll call Tim was hired mostly to cover the slow dayshift with a manager (me, the ASM, or the SM), that meant he was pretty much always doing the shit we didn't want to do. We'd make him climb the ladders to get stuff, sort the trade-ins, handle the customers we don't like, etc. You know, typical asshole manager behavior.

When i worked in retail i used to get stuck with the same thing. Being 280lbs and strong i'd have to lift all the heavy crap etc. Which i personally didn't mind at the time. It didn't get funny though until the managers decided to have me change the lightbulbs.

Now this store had a assload of track lighting, and bulbs burned out all the time. About a month after i started working, we got word some big district manager was stopping by the next day. It was just myself and the store manager closing. So he told me to go get the ladder and change the bulbs. This store had like 15 foot cielings and a crappy old ladder rated at 250lbs. I took out the ladder showed it to my 155lb manager and showed him the ridiculous ways it was buckling when i got on it. He wound up having to change the bulbs all himself. It was forever decreed from that point on that i didn't have to do anything involving the ladder in that store.

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Legal Eagles

Way back when in my retail days at KAY-Mart (name changed to protect, well, i dunno) there was a woman who fell on some nacho cheese in the middle of the isle.

The noise she made after the initial shock seemed to be laughing.. so i didn't really rush over too quickly... but I did when i realized it was a mixture of pain / crying.

From my initial look, she had a bloody nose and a bleeding crack from the top of her nose to her forehead.. her nose might have been broken.

Since she was an older woman shopping alone, I took the initiative to calm her down, stop the bleeding, and get her 'stable' while i ran to the front desk to get an ambulance called...

At some point a 2 years or so down the line .. i got some sort of notice to appear in court in what i assume was this incident... as I was long gone from there and I had no idea what her name was... I never went, as it wasn't a summons, just some request type thing. I'm not even sure if it was pro plaintiff or defendant, thats how vauge this thing was.

i did get extreme satisfaction on the way to the breakroom shortly after, and getting stopped by a woman to answer a question about a moo-moo, if we had any in back. She got a little annoyed when i said I needed to find someone else to help her...

.. because my hands were covered in blood.
    .. that wasn't mine...

.. and I shook them at her... possibly making 'woooo' sounds..

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Caedere wrote: »
    Probably the polar oposite from where I worked in a T-mobile call center <shudders> I still have nightmares.

I... I like my job. :( I get paid ridiculous amounts of money to sit on the phone all day and be nice to people, and I just got promoted to retention, which means I'll get paid FUCKING ridiculous amounts of money.

T-mobile retention = easy stuff as long as you can show/fake sympathy and niceness reasonable well. I've talked to people over there and I found out that they're making easily 50% more than I'm making in Customer Care, and they don't have to deal with the crazy troubleshooting calls, which are the bane of my existence.

Plus, for some crazy reason, I'm actually performing fantastically in the company - I've apparently caught the notice of the VP of Customer Service. O_o

Damn, I love this job.

I worked at the lowest of the low in them, we only and by only I mean ONLY dealt with "creditly challenged" users.

random black woman phones up at 3:45 in the morning "Why's my phone not working! I'll bite your face off! %@(*%(#* %@)%@ ^^$*)!" etc.

"Mam, the reason your phone is cut off is becuase you haven't paid your bill in xx number of months, we can get your service back right away if you'd like to make a payment on it right now"

"#%#(_%*@ #$(^@($ KIll you racaist bastard #$%()#%(" etc.

ALL THE TIME.

Shapeshifter on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Djiem wrote: »

There was NO black person and they accused him of racism because they were black?

It's kind of funny, but I've come to realize most college students think they're God's gift to everything, comedy included. Serious groaner right there.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Caedere wrote: »

Damn, I love this job.

I worked at the lowest of the low in them, we only and by only I mean ONLY dealt with "creditly challenged" users.

random black woman phones up at 3:45 in the morning "Why's my phone not working! I'll bite your face off! %@(*%(#* %@)%@ ^^$*)!" etc.

"Mam, the reason your phone is cut off is becuase you haven't paid your bill in xx number of months, we can get your service back right away if you'd like to make a payment on it right now"

"#%#(_%*@ #$(^@($ KIll you racaist bastard #$%()#%(" etc.

ALL THE TIME.
    Ah... good ol' SmartAccess. You guys have it rough. :(

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Here comes some genuine TRU bullshit. Basically, my name is being associated with the missing remotes, because I searched and didn't find them, NOT because I was the one who lost them. I get reminded everytime I'm in the store that the remotes are STILL missing, and that I STILL need to find them. It's an LP issue, at first, but I don't see anyone else being interrogated about the whole thing; on the contrary, no one else seems to KNOW about the problem but me.

If this escalates any further, I may just go insane. It's a classic case of "a bunch of you fucked up, but we're just going to blame it on this guy and move on."

Seriously, fuck that. Any ideas for new places to apply for a job?

That's pretty wrong. There's a number of different things that could be at work there in terms of missing items because there are so many places where the missing items could be accounted for.

Someone higher up the ladder checked them in and they never arrived at our store (this actually happened to us once). Some accessories got returned but were never processed for return (and thus the discrepancy). A box was mislabeled and the computer thought there were a ton more in a box than there actually were. Not to mention just plain ol' theft, either internal or by customers. To blame something as complex as that on one employee is extremely crappy and downright wrong.

I mean, we had at one time 200 or so Dane Cook DVD's listed in stock in our store but we sincerely didn't have a single one in stock. Who screwed up on that one I don't know but no one "took the fall for it" because of how complex inventory systems in a store our size can be.

Yeah, missing 21 Wiimotes is pretty obvious. They come in packs of 7, so three whole boxes are missing. At ToysRUs they do not scan what comes in the truck, we just update our inventory with what they claim they sent. We are also missing three TVs that never went on the floor, and I really doubt any employee could take three off the truck and walk out the door with nobody noticing.

A missing Wii however is not so possible. I opened all the boxes Sunday at 11 myself and counted them with my manager right there, and there was 36. What I think what happened was somebody forgot to ring up a Wii and did not notice because the customer was buying $300+ worth of accessories.

Sanders on
  • Options
    SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BTP wrote: »
    I love the smell of a new Employee Lounge Thread.

It smells of Febreeze.

So, who has gone to buy a sub sandwich to see a person order a pizza sub, and then yell at the worker for puting pizza sauce on the sub?

Uh, WTF? Why would you order a pizza sub then? Just get a salami.

We had a real cock come in the other day. They were a bitch of cowboys all from Oregon (wtf?) and we're here in Oklahoma. Ok, well I put the veggies on the first girl's sandwich and ring her up. There's a big sign that says "ANY Extra Meat $.50 more" usually I'm cool with it, but I didn't like this lady. She was on her phone the whole time and couldn't be bothered to tell me what the fuck she wanted. She also wanted mozarella on her sammich, but we were out at the moment (out meaning it was in the back, and with a big queue of people we were just out.) So I ringer her up and she is baffled by the price. I explain to her what costs how much and she stared at me disgusted and shrugged. She threw some money at me and that started my bad mood.

These other guys were loud and obnoxious so we were just doing our best not to say anything. One of the last guys asks for black olives.

"Sorry, sir. We're out."

"NO FUCKING BLACK OLIVES?! JESUS CHRIST. WHAT KIND OF FUCKING SUBWAY IS THIS? GOOD FUCKING GOD. WHAT THE HELL? NO BLACK OLIVES. WE NEED TO GO BACK TO AN OREGON SUBWAY."

At that point I wanted to pull the "Right to Refuse" thing out if he said one more cuss word. Unfortunately he didn't. When he was paying for his sandwich he did so with a credit card, so my co-worker was just as shit towards him as he was towards us. Kinda haphazardly threw the pen for him to sign at him, then tossed the sheet for him to sign. The guy was baffled and just stared at him like, "Why is he being rude?"

Granted we could've just blown him off, but we usually have people just leave mid-sandwich, bicker, but never start screaming around and cussing.

That girl that wanted her precious mozzarella? She came back in to get a sandwich for someone else* and I was busy making a pizza for someone else with, guess what? Mozzarella!

*Also, if you're a guy or a kid or whoever? DO NOT FUCKING HAVE SOMEONE ORDER FOR YOU. ITS FUCKING PATHETIC AND LAZY.

SoonerMan on
    Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SoonerMan wrote: »
    *Also, if you're a guy or a kid or whoever? DO NOT FUCKING HAVE SOMEONE ORDER FOR YOU. ITS FUCKING PATHETIC AND LAZY.

So if I order for my little son it's pathetic and lazy? :|

Or are you meaning something else totally different?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hear ya. I try to make my visit to Subway as pleasant as possible. I tell people "thank you" and tell my toppings at a slower pace.

I've seen way too many people yell at the people making their food because they asked for light mayo, and they actually gave them light mayo, when they meant LIGHT mayo.

Jesus.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Narian wrote: »

I'm talking about like 10 year olds that are perfectly capable of doing stuff on their own.

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm talking about like 10 year olds that are perfectly capable of doing stuff on their own.

Oh jesus. Come on, be nice. This thread is for bitching about rude, obnoxious, abusive and retarded customers and co-workers, this is just some mild pathetism that won't hurt you or make your day suck by any means. Now, if he was something like 20, that'd be really bad. :lol:

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Oh jesus. Come on, be nice. This thread is for bitching about rude, obnoxious, abusive and retarded customers and co-workers, this is just some mild pathetism that won't hurt you or make your day suck by any means. Now, if he was something like 20, that'd be really bad. :lol:

There are plenty of 20+ that do it, too. I don't know, it just bugs the shit out of me because my little brother is like that. I'm not a hardass, but kids gotta learn sometime.

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

There are plenty of 20+ that do it, too. I don't know, it just bugs the shit out of me because my little brother is like that. I'm not a hardass, but kids gotta learn sometime.

Oh, of course, but I just found it weird and perhaps needlessly harsh to whine in caps about this little detail when there's plenty legitimate reasons to be angry or annoyed at customers.

Djiem on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i would fully expect a kid to tell their parent what they want, then have the parent order it. cuz kids are fucking shitty at saying what they want, and they'll usually say shit that doesn't make sense or you know they wont like, and its better to have the parent confirm that it's what they really want to order.

whoever's giving you the money is the one that should give you the order, is how i see it.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    i would fully expect a kid to tell their parent what they want, then have the parent order it. cuz kids are fucking shitty at saying what they want, and they'll usually say shit that doesn't make sense or you know they wont like, and its better to have the parent confirm that it's what they really want to order.

whoever's giving you the money is the one that should give you the order, is how i see it.

I dont work at a food place, but I do get a lot of kids at my Gamestop. Basically, if we're not busy, I don't mind taking the time to talk to the kids, listen to what they have to say. You would be amazed at well this goes over sometimes. I've seen shocked looks on parents faces because their kid is usually scared shitless taking to a store employee, much less the 6'1 guy wearing all black that day. Seriously, get the kids doing their own shopping young, so they are better at when they are older. Unless its busy, then I need to know what you need right away so we dont get backed up

ronzo on
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought when you said having someone order for you it was the lazy ass parents having their kid order for them. At Pizza Hut, you get people who would have their kid call in the order, but of course the kid didn't know what to do so we had to have three way conversations. "What type of crust?" "Mom, what type of crust?" Everything repeated at least twice. :x The pay was good (delivery) with tips (don't start, please) and so I didn't say what I wanted to, "Can you tell your Mom she is a lazy whore and if she wants the pizza she can call for herself?"

I might get a retail job soon for a few days a week and if I do, I'll be sure to share any stupid stories.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    So I'm going to say this:

PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT TALK ON YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE IN LINE TO BUY SOMETHING. IF YOU NEED TO TALK ON THE PHONE, HANG UP WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN!

Story:

I'm standing in line to buy some lean pockets and toilet paper (what else does a college guy need?) and there about 4 people behind me, and only 2 lanes open. So this bitch in front of me talking to some other bitch named "Delilah".

It's her turn to pay for shit and leave. But no... She stays on the phone. The cashier asked how she was going to pay for it, and she seriously said: "Hold up." Then continues her phone conversation with said bitch.

6 minutes later she gets the cash out and pays the cashier. Apparently the things Don (some other person that her "friend" was talking about I suppose) was doing required her full attention, to a point where if she reached in her purse and pulled out the money: She may die.

Also:

The next person who cuts me off in traffic, while talking on the phone... I'll follow them to their house and cut their fucking tires.

Other than that I'm in a good mood. :)

When I was a cashier, I'd tell them to put the phone down, or I'd void the purchase and they could go wait in the back of the line.

When I'm standing in line, I tell them to put the phone down, or I break it. I figure, I can either spend 10 minutes waiting, or 10 minutes detailing what a waste of human life they are. The latter is far more entertaining. ;D

Besides, people are sheep. If you break their comfort bubble, they usually do what you tell them, though they might glare at you for it. Darn.

Houn on
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ronzo wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »

I dont work at a food place, but I do get a lot of kids at my Gamestop. Basically, if we're not busy, I don't mind taking the time to talk to the kids, listen to what they have to say. You would be amazed at well this goes over sometimes. I've seen shocked looks on parents faces because their kid is usually scared shitless taking to a store employee, much less the 6'1 guy wearing all black that day. Seriously, get the kids doing their own shopping young, so they are better at when they are older. Unless its busy, then I need to know what you need right away so we dont get backed up

Dunno, how this applies, and it only happened once to me, but it pissed me off enough to want to stab everyone in sight. Usually I just want to stab whoever is in front of me at the time.

Me and a buddy of mine stopped by our local EB (we don't have Gamestops, or at least in this area, but we do have a tonne of EB's) looking for a game, I don;t remember which one it was, DiRT I think, or Forza. The people that work at the video game stores are usually really cool, since they're people I can relate too (except for this one time where the employee just grunted at us when we asked for a product. Like, maybe he couldn't talk, or was half-bull, or something), but its mostly some of the customers that piss me the fuck off. And I don't even work there!

Anyways!

So me and my friend grab the game we came in to get, and head to the counter. There's some lady there with two kids, talking to the guy at the counter. No big deal, right? Parent buying a game for their kids, right? Yea, except that the whole fucking ordeal took like twenty minutes. Apparently the kids wanted to get the new pokemon game for the Wii, or the DS, I don't and their stupid mom decided to talk to the godamn counter guy about it all for like ten minutes...with me and my friend right behind them waiting to buy our godamn games.

Then the kids decided that they didn't want the same copy of the pokemon game, and instead of moving the fuck out of the line to pick out the versions her kids wanted, the stupid bitch stood at the counter talking to the guy working there, while her kids ran around looking at the games.

Like seriously, fuck you soccer mom. I might have all the time in the world, but I don't want to stand in line listening to your stupid bullshit.

Loathing on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

It's even sweeter when you get it on the phone, because I can totally tell the colour of someone's skin on the phone.

The easiest way to deal with this is to claim that you're black too, I mean, it's not like they can prove otherwise.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    bruceskibruceski Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    I hear ya. I try to make my visit to Subway as pleasant as possible. I tell people "thank you" and tell my toppings at a slower pace.

I've seen way too many people yell at the people making their food because they asked for light mayo, and they actually gave them light mayo, when they meant LIGHT mayo.

Jesus.

I got hit by that once. Shrugged, ate the sandwich, and now I order with "a little bit of mayo."

bruceski on
    WoW - Baelgun server
    Beohrn, 70 tauren druid
    random alts.

Wii number -- 0277 0746 9561 0171
    --Metroid Prime 3
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a theory:

I feel that if you work in retail (like, a shitty entry-level job), you tend to be nicer to other people who work retail because you feel their PAIN.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was at a McDonalds recently and the mother asked her son what he wanted on his burger. He said, "Umm cheese... and... pickles.... and.... well almost everything." The girl working was like "almost everything?" so the mother finally said "yeah he'll have everything". It was a very inefficient conversation.

Taya on
  • Options
    seancseanc Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a theory:

I feel that if you work in retail (like, a shitty entry-level job), you tend to be nicer to other people who work retail because you feel their PAIN.

They should just make a law where you have to work a year in retail/food service when you hit 18 or something. Then everyone could relate. :)

seanc on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok, so I work at a drugstore. Sometimes I'm in the photolab and sometimes I'm on the salesfloor stocking(as I'm the only male non-manager employee). Today I was technically on the floor, but was covering the photolab while the on-duty tech was at lunch. I notice that there are three rolls of film already developed but waiting to be printed.

So I load the first one into the printer, glancing through the pictures and doing minor adjustments when needed. Finish the first roll and start the second, same thing. Then I put in the third roll and halfway through it turns into shots of some lady masturbating nude, extremely close up shots.

I'm kinda standing there going D: for a few seconds before hitting the pass button repeatedly so the machine doesn't print them(as its against store policy to print or sell pornography). Now instead of her pictures shes going to get a nice little pamphlet saying "We don't process porn, take your smut elsewhere"(Only slightly nicer)

I severely hope I'm not there when she comes to pick her photos up cause I'm not sure I could keep from laughing.

Last Son on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Was the lady at least decent looking?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thank you, Nocren. I was afraid I was going to have to be the one to ask.

Wembley on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nocren wrote: »
    Was the lady at least decent looking?

Well there were no full-body shots, but from what I saw... no.

Last Son on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm sorry then. Huh.... You want something to help? "pRoNs" maybe? Good ones?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wouldn't be good at a job like that. I'd start a blog.

KiTA on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just curious ... but why not process the pics ?

Only the employee sees them, and they go right into an envelope. I could understand if its obviously illegal or underage... but man, how are people supposed to get their naughty bits photographed ?

If i did it on a digital camera,and plugged my memory stick in the machine to get them printed.. would you still refuse?

(not you personally.. the store)

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    FedoramooseFedoramoose Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Open question for whoever wants to answer- not a "customer being an asshole" story though. I'm the one who sucks in this story.

So I work at this semi-upscale restaurant as a busser. I just started about a month ago. Normally I'm pretty good with balancing dishes and glasses and shit, but yesterday I fucked up and slipped, causing three fancy water glasses to meet their premature demise. Nobody was angry or anything, and the owner, who happened to be hanging out that day, even helped me to clean up and told me not to worry about it because "these things happen."

Now I love my job, I love the owners, and the people that work there, and basically feel terrible for breaking their stuff. It's a small mom-and-pop sort of place, so it's not like they have a whole bunch of replacement glasses lying about, and we're running a bit low on water glasses.

My question is; I found some of the type of water glasses we use online in a twelve pack for like $50. Unfortunately, no smaller packs. I can spare the cash pretty easily. Should I just order 'em and bring some in (probably wouldn't even end up telling anybody), or would that be weird?

TL;DR- I broke glasses. Replace with own money?

Fun thread, by the way. I love reading about shitty customers, for some reason.

Fedoramoose on