As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diablo III: 1.05 PTR notes, Enchantress no longer worth keeping around

• AMonkeyInPyjamasAMonkeyInPyjamas Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    How repugnant is it if I just started the game and I throw any yellows I don't need on the AH for 1000G each just to get some money?

Honest question, I haven't really use the AH at all except once when it first opened.

It would be like cashing your paycheck and wiping your ass with all the bills smaller than the $100's.

EDIT: Well, depending on what level items we're talking about here. I mean, if you're 60 and putting EVERYTHING on the AH for 1k, you're guaranteed throwing money away, as Smoogy said you could at least be vendoring a lot of them for more than 1k.

Yeah, if it's low level stuff I'd just throw it up with a 1k min bid and a low or no buyout. It's not like he'd need to worry about wasting the AH slots until higher levels. The time he'd otherwise spend checking prices and listing reasoned bid/buyouts should just be spent levelling, given how trivial a few thousand is at 60.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Yeah it's easier to just sell that stuff to the vendors frankly.

I used to break down all my 61+ blues, but now I just don't even care. I'm reaching the point where picking up blue items probably isn't worth it.

Jay, I stopped picking up blues in my farming runs yesterday and it was SO much better. So much faster and just breezed through until my inv was full of 60+ yellows. I see the error of my earlier ways now.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    Semi-daily update on Paragon level race:

SC: The guy who plays this for a living apparently, Alkaizer at 73.
    HC: AlkalineED at 33.

So what happens when he hits 100? Does he just enjoy his maxed MF/GF and sell things on the RMAH all day erry day and buy one of those crazy expensive designer computer chairs?

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    No, I mean Normal mode beginning of the game stuff.

Ok yeah, that's different. Vendor everything unless its stats are just obviously retardedly amazing. Take the things that look like they're totally fantastic and put them up for like 500 min bid 1k buyout just to keep your AH queue full. If they don't sell, vendor them.

• WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    No, I mean Normal mode beginning of the game stuff.

Ok yeah, that's different. Vendor everything unless its stats are just obviously retardedly amazing. Take the things that look like they're totally fantastic and put them up for like 500 min bid 1k buyout just to keep your AH queue full. If they don't sell, vendor them.

You'll be getting so much gold later on that 500 gold auctions seem really petty, especially when there's a cap on how many you can have up at once. I guess it doesn't hurt if you have no auctions up, but it's almost pointless. I'd honestly keep the great ones in your stash for the use on an alt if you have lots of room.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Yeah it's easier to just sell that stuff to the vendors frankly.

I used to break down all my 61+ blues, but now I just don't even care. I'm reaching the point where picking up blue items probably isn't worth it.

Jay, I stopped picking up blues in my farming runs yesterday and it was SO much better. So much faster and just breezed through until my inv was full of 60+ yellows. I see the error of my earlier ways now.

Yeah, I think I'll do that. I was trying to pad my bank a little bit, but it just isn't worth it. I've got 3mil and it's just faster to pick up only yellows.

I'm inching towards a pretty fun build I think. It's reminiscent of my old 2H leveling build, which was all about spamming Wave of Light all the time. And now that it hits like a truck, it's pretty good.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • BeefersBeefers Registered User regular
    Quick question about Paragon levels, I know they capped MF at 300% but did they also cap GF?

Beefers wrote: »
    Quick question about Paragon levels, I know they capped MF at 300% but did they also cap GF?

Yes

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I sell everything on my alts, because I always have them twinked to the gills...so it's rare (i.e. never) that a drop is better than what I already have while leveling.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Man, 110 int, 120 vit, +7% life, 14% MF, a socket, and it's bad? Seriously?

Those are okay stats, but it suffers from a couple things

The average damage is 85, which is terrible at level 60. If you found a yellow level 60 1H weapon with all those stats and 500dps you wouldn't think for a second it would sell, same for 85 average damage on a source/mojo

Second, the socket is actually not that valuable because offhands count as "other" for gems and so you can only use it to boost int by a little bit, which is nice I guess but what you really want to see on an offhand at 60 is crit chance instead of a socket

There is actually a chance you could still sell that mojo since you can't filter by average damage on an offhand and on paper the rest of those stats are okay, but it wouldn't sell for much at all. For reference, I bought a blue mojo with 250 average damage and 125+ int for 20-50k and that yellow you've got isn't worth even that much

2x39jD4.jpg
    I am pretty attached to my WD since this last patch. WD was going to be my release character, but I switched to Monk when it became apparent WD was going to have issues late game. Now that it's a viable class again, I might be shelving the monk, at least for the time being.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • kraughmarkraughmar Kingston, ONRegistered User regular
    A while ago (probably just pre 1.03) I was making gems for a very marginal profit. I also jumped on that crafting spree we had going on here and grabbed a 5-affix pants recipe as well as plowing enough money and mats into it to make about 50-60 pants. I also sold everything I could on the RMAH.

Then I stopped playing the game.

Because of how my mind works, I cannot quite fathom spending my RMAH Blizzbucks on anything but another actual game / xpack (HotS and D3:The Hunt for Red Adria mainly).

This leaves me kinda stuck, as I have about 40k in gold and am tired of killing so slowly on ye old monk. I should probably try farming Act 2, since 3 isn't quite farmable yet and Act 1 doesn't excite me like it used to.

Or just dump your blizzbucks in to gold and pretend you're actually using gold to buy those items...

Seems odd to me that you were okay selling items on the RMAH, but not buying them or dumping the funbucks in to gold?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's so hard to get good survival gear for my DH without tanking my DPS. And by "hard" I of course mean "expensive."

Its not like you'd have to spend tons and tons of funbucks anyway, isn't gold like $1.50 a million?

• ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    kraughmar wrote: »
    A while ago (probably just pre 1.03) I was making gems for a very marginal profit. I also jumped on that crafting spree we had going on here and grabbed a 5-affix pants recipe as well as plowing enough money and mats into it to make about 50-60 pants. I also sold everything I could on the RMAH.

Then I stopped playing the game.

Because of how my mind works, I cannot quite fathom spending my RMAH Blizzbucks on anything but another actual game / xpack (HotS and D3:The Hunt for Red Adria mainly).

This leaves me kinda stuck, as I have about 40k in gold and am tired of killing so slowly on ye old monk. I should probably try farming Act 2, since 3 isn't quite farmable yet and Act 1 doesn't excite me like it used to.

Do the Desolate Sands run people talk about. The cave of the betrayer and vault of the assassin, there's probably 10 elite packs between them with 1-2 gobs.

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was pretty poor, and then remembered I had like 12 funbucks from sales I accidentally put as funbucks instead of paypal. Grabbed 5 mil, felt better.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    Its not like you'd have to spend tons and tons of funbucks anyway, isn't gold like $1.50 a million?

Somewhere in that range yeah. It had actually cratered to 1.16 a million right after the patch, but it's rebounded and stabilized in the 1.40-1.50 area.

Anyone who dumped tons of funbucks in to gold when it was 1.16 and then sold it back off at 1.40 probably made some good profit. Mini stock market all up ins.

Am I the only one who hates the Act 2 caves (at least when not playing a melee)? There are a lot of very narrow areas which can make things like Waller into a functional Jailer. It's not at all uncommon to have a bad elite pack spawn really close to the entrance (which is often a narrow pathway). There are fucking annoying slime traps everywhere -- both the ones on the ground and the ones on the wall with like 250k health that you have to kill but that don't drop anything. There seem to be a bunch of holes where you'll get the annoying, piecemeal bat spawns. There also seem to be a lot more dead-ends/backtracks in them than almost any other area template except for the Act 3 dungeons and those other two annoying zones in the "Hell" part of Act 2.

GnomeTank wrote: »

Somewhere in that range yeah. It had actually cratered to 1.16 a million right after the patch, but it's rebounded and stabilized in the 1.40-1.50 area.

Anyone who dumped tons of funbucks in to gold when it was 1.16 and then sold it back off at 1.40 probably made some good profit. Mini stock market all up ins.
    After the 15% cut the profit margin on $1.40 gold bought at $1.16 would be pretty terrible -- about 3 cents per million. Even doing that with a billiion gold would only make about 30 funbucks.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Act 2 caves generally suck, yes.

Ugg, I forgot the 15% shit. Damn you Blizzard, you're fucking my quasi-macro-economic plans.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hates the Act 2 caves (at least when not playing a melee)? There are a lot of very narrow areas which can make things like Waller into a functional Jailer. It's not at all uncommon to have a bad elite pack spawn really close to the entrance (which is often a narrow pathway). There are fucking annoying slime traps everywhere -- both the ones on the ground and the ones on the wall with like 250k health that you have to kill but that don't drop anything. There seem to be a bunch of holes where you'll get the annoying, piecemeal bat spawns. There also seem to be a lot more dead-ends/backtracks in them than almost any other area template except for the Act 3 dungeons and those other two annoying zones in the "Hell" part of Act 2.

I play a DH, and don't hate those narrow areas so much. With traps it becomes a nice little "Hot Gates" type funnel where I let them come to me to get mowed down.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!

The first time I ever skipped an elite pack, ever skipped any game content at all ever, was because of a fuckawful affix combo right inside the enterence of an A2 cave.

So, yes, I guess is what I'm getting at.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Lately I find that leveling my alt DH gets me more stuff that sells than going through Inferno.

Obviously, the amount of money I make is far less, but I get a lot more sales selling lvl 30-40s rares for 15-20k buyout than I do on what I think are good 60+s.

• Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

I did an A2 farm run on my monk last night. Even with my 800 resist all the caves and dungeons proved to be a hassle with their narrow areas. A waller( combined with any of the following: arcane enchanted, molten, desecrator, or even plagued) meant nearly instant death.

Not to mention Belial and ZK dropped utter shit for me, the run was almost a net loss in gold.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    LTM wrote: »
    Lately I find that leveling my alt DH gets me more stuff that sells than going through Inferno.

Obviously, the amount of money I make is far less, but I get a lot more sales selling lvl 30-40s rares for 15-20k buyout than I do on what I think are good 60+s.

Which makes sense. The movement on lower level items is going to be high as people level alts. At the top end, you're always going to get a monkey in the middle economic situation.

I did an A2 farm run on my monk last night. Even with my 800 resist all the caves and dungeons proved to be a hassle with their narrow areas. A waller( combined with any of the following: arcane enchanted, molten, desecrator, or even plagued) meant nearly instant death.

Not to mention Belial and ZK dropped utter shit for me, the run was almost a net loss in gold.

What are your armor, health, what life gain mechanic are you using, and what level is that at?

You should be able to almost face tank act 2 with 800 all resist if your armor is 7000+, you have at least 30k life, and some reliable healing mechanic that's not a skill.

edited August 2012

What are your armor, health, what life gain mechanic are you using, and what level is that at?

You should be able to almost face tank act 2 with 800 all resist if your armor is 7000+, you have at least 30k life, and some reliable healing mechanic that's not a skill.

This is my monk in my tank set. My HP is a little on the low side, which doesn't help things at all.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Phender-1108/hero/4991492

I have another 1h which gives me another 400 LoH and more dex/vit. That's what I normally roll with.

edit: I was commenting on Forty's dislike for tight corridors. I get trapped and can't do anything. Then the elites just lay on the deadly AoE and I'm toast.

edit 2: I just noticed the DPS on the character profile is a little off. With buffs, I have about 21k DPS.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited August 2012
    You're life is a bit low, but I wouldn't say cripplingly so. What's your total LoH? ~1000? That's not too terrible either, though you might want to grab some LoH on your rings and amulet.

You really shouldn't get instagibbed by anything in Act 2, even when trapped.

GnomeTank on
  • kraughmarkraughmar Kingston, ONRegistered User regular
    That seems weird to me since your stats are mostly as good or better than mine, yet I was running Overawe as a mantra and had no substantial issues with Act 2. Fists of Fury instead of Thunderclap, and SSS instead of Fire Ally are the only other differences.

You're life is a bit low, but I wouldn't say crippling so. What's your total LoH? ~1000? That's not too terrible either.

You really shouldn't get instagibbed by anything in Act 2, even when trapped.

It was probably all my fault for getting killed like I was since I was playing at 1:00 AM and pretty tired. ZK and Belial were cake. I literally just face tanked Belial. His big smash only took about 75% of my total life. Self heal and a few hits brought me back to full.

Here's a better look at my stats while dual wielding.
    DualWield.jpg

kraughmar wrote: »
    That seems weird to me since your stats are mostly as good or better than mine, yet I was running Overawe as a mantra and had no substantial issues with Act 2. Fists of Fury instead of Thunderclap, and SSS instead of Fire Ally are the only other differences.

I use the dodge + explosion mantra because it's buffed by my legendary weapon. Same with fire ally, he's pretty bitchin'.

I would get a bit more resist all. You're only at ~600 while duel wielding. Another 100 wouldn't hurt. While DW'ing, your life looks good. Hell, you could probably drop a bit of vit. I try and balance my vit to be right at 900. Too much more than that, and I feel it's wasted stat budget somewhere. Armor as well could use a touch up. Perhaps consider running Hard Target instead of Backlash as your MoE rune.

Ideally, you want 700 AR, 7000 armor and 1200+ LoH when duel wielding, and you should just maul everything.

I would get a bit more resist all. You're only at ~600 while duel wielding. Another 100 wouldn't hurt. While DW'ing, your life looks good. Hell, you could probably drop a bit of vit. I try and balance my vit to be right at 900. Too much more than that, and I feel it's wasted stat budget somewhere. Armor as well could use a touch up. Perhaps consider running Hard Target instead of Backlash as your MoE rune.

Ideally, you want 700 AR, 7000 armor and 1200+ LoH when duel wielding, and you should just maul everything.

The shield I have is really, REALLY good. When I get into a sticky situation I usually plop that on. It gives quite a bit of resist and armor.

Yeah, my shield is the same way. I was still a happier camper when I got my stats to a point where I had the 700/7000/1200 setup while duel wielding. I rarely touch my shield anymore.

edited August 2012
    I'll eventually get there, and by get there, I mean get the money to buy the gear to be there. It's hard(read: expensive as fuck) to find better DPS weapons with more, or equal, stats. Same with some of my armor.

Beyond Normal on
    edited August 2012
    I got dumb lucky on both my weapons. Both are 885 DPS, both have ~600 LOH, both have dex, vit AND int (for resists)...basically they are mirror weapons, except one does fire and one does poison...oh, and they are fist weapons too, so 1.52 attack speed without any IAS is a go!

And I was able to get them both for ~1m each, because I was patient and bid on auctions. Same way I got my 5+m gold chest piece for 250k.

GnomeTank on
    I found the legendary and bought the other for cheap. Like, 400k cheap. The shield I also bought, but I've had that since I started inferno so I can't remember how much I paid. Definitely under 1M, since I know I didn't have more than that when I initially started inferno on my monk.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Just to throw my 2 cents in, I think that amount of LoH (~1200) is a luxury but not necessary. More damage is better than more LoH in my opinion. Crit and crit damage ftw! I have sub 600 LoH, but over 40k damage and have no trouble with act 3. I also have 800+ all resist and 7500 armor with MoE/Hard Target. I mean, more LoH would be nice, but not necessary.

I would say shields have gone the way of the dinosaur once you can adequately handle act 2/3. The amount of damage you lose for that small mitigation isn't worth how slooooow you kill things.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

This discussion has been closed.