As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Jack Bros./Shin Megami Tensei] - P4G is out! Have you Social Linked yet?

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Akihiko still looks boss with one. In P4A too.

He has one? I didn't notice.

The entire cast does, except Koromaru and Aigis, and Strega.

I'm meant I didn't see him Not-Blowing-His-Brains-Out in Arena.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Look under his arm. It's in a holster.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    He also uses it during Ziodyne and his IK.

wVEsyIc.png
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    He has it on a side holster, under his cape. I think he uses it for Maziodyne.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    That's fucked up, but Ill have to check it out anyway.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Junpei is my favorite character in P3. Liked him instantly and never stopped.
    He's a dickwad toward the middle of the plot but it's brief and his character was heading that direction the entire time

JKKaAGp.png
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular

Strega has evokers..... do you forget they took one away from Chodori?

Anyhow, I've passed the 100 hourmark and just passed the school field trip. I may be staying too long in Tartarus, but how much longer do I have leftbefore the Journey is done?

Also, I disliked Junpei from the beginning becauseof Yukari... he's a pervy guy stereotype and gets on my nerves how far he takes it.
    The stuff with him and Chidori is good though.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    koromaru has an evoker

it's just not gun-shaped

The anime...science found some way to make Yukiko even more boring, even for me. And Yosuke is stuck in hiimdaisy mode.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Sounds like Yu, Yosuke, Kanji, Yukiko, Adachi, Nanako, and Dojima are the same.

Naoto and Chie sound different(again).

wVEsyIc.png
    Why is P3 asking why I want to Stay Awake in class. Is there a Blood Sugar/Caffeine stat I'm consuming?

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Why is P3 asking why I want to Stay Awake in class. Is there a Blood Sugar/Caffeine stat I'm consuming?

iirc if you fall asleep in class your condition turns to Great

but you miss out on the Knowledge boost by staying up through the lecture - and you can get your condition to Great by using the bathroom after classes most of the time anyway

edited September 2012

but you miss out on the Knowledge boost by staying up through the lecture - and you can get your condition to Great by using the bathroom after classes most of the time anyway

That is fucking awesome.

Not since Duke Nukem 3D have I played a game where reliving yourself restores stats.

EDIT - Aw damn. There really is a blood sugar stamina stat.

Cantido on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Soul Hackers did around 70k this week in Japan.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular

Chie sounded different to me at first as well since she sounds more composed and calm than during the events of P4A. She then sounded familiar again after she started to yell as Yosuke, haha. And I don't mind at all about Naoto being voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Major Kusanagi, Nina Williams, etc.).

Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

That is fucking awesome.

Not since Duke Nukem 3D have I played a game where reliving yourself restores stats.

EDIT - Aw damn. There really is a blood sugar stamina stat.

Which version are you playing? Maybe I'm wrong, but I found the "Great piss" for lack of a better nickname was fairly rare in P3 Vanilla, almost as (or just as) rare in P3 FES, and much more common in P3P.

I wouldn't rely on pissing yourself to Greatness that often unless you're playing P3P, and not even then.

That said, it's not worth losing points in Academics, or classroom knowledge, by sleeping in class IMO.

It should be noted that all the answers to midterm and end-of-term exams are actually given in those lectures. So if you stay awake and pay attention, you should have no problems answering those questions correctly on those exams. Of course, you could always consult a FAQ, too...

edit: Also, maybe I'm just wrong and it's the same rate in all three versions. Since there is some random chance involved, YMMV of course. That's just based on my experience with all three versions.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    PunkBoy wrote: »

Chie sounded different to me at first as well since she sounds more composed and calm than during the events of P4A. She then sounded familiar again after she started to yell as Yosuke, haha. And I don't mind at all about Naoto being voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Major Kusanagi, Nina Williams, etc.).

So that explains why the new voice sounds badass.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Whole buncha wrong opinions up in here. All you Junpei haters probably like Aigis and Naoto too.

I like Junpei AND Naoto. Take THAT.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Apparently rumor is going around that Naoto in the anime is voiced by Susan Dalian who is Haku in Naruto and Storm in MvC3

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited September 2012
    Nitsua wrote: »

Strega has evokers..... do you forget they took one away from Chodori?

Anyhow, I've passed the 100 hourmark and just passed the school field trip. I may be staying too long in Tartarus, but how much longer do I have leftbefore the Journey is done?

Also, I disliked Junpei from the beginning becauseof Yukari... he's a pervy guy stereotype and gets on my nerves how far he takes it.
    The stuff with him and Chidori is good though.

You should only hit up Tartarus once a month and play through it until you hit a blockade.
    There are 6 blocks, with the last one opening up (IIRC) in December or January

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    02./00. [3DS] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers <RPG> (Atlus) {2012.08.30} (¥6.279) - 73.690 / NEW

Those... aren't very good numbers, are they?

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

You should only hit up Tartarus once a month and play through it until you hit a blockade.
    There are 6 blocks, with the last one opening up (IIRC) in December or January
    That's really the thing that makes me dislike P3 and 4. The game expects you to never do the actual RPG. It wants you to spend 90% of your time doing the dating sim.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That was also the main problem I had. I wanted to go into the dungeon and grind every day. Instead I probably spent 30 of the 40 hours I played just talking to people...when most RPGs are exactly the opposite.

Checking a FAQ and finding out I'd done literally everything wrong with the social links/stats was the last straw.

uyvfOQy.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The general pacing of P3/P4 is pretty bad, but I appreciate the overall mix of time spent in dungeon vs. out of dungeons... if there were more incentive to make shorter weekly trips into Tartarus/Midnight Channel instead of once a month it'd probably be close to ideal for me.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    KiTA wrote: »
    02./00. [3DS] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers <RPG> (Atlus) {2012.08.30} (¥6.279) - 73.690 / NEW

Those... aren't very good numbers, are they?

Actually, those are solid numbers. Not as good as Persona 4 Golden (which did over 100k in its first week) but better than the PSP enhanced ports of Persona 2: IS (62,091) and Persona 2: EP (24,547). Given that Soul Hackers looks to have minimal new content compared to P4G and can't have cost a lot to port, I'm guessing Atlus is pleased with those figures.

RainbowDespair on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    [SAT] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus) {1997-11-13} - 160,850
    [PS1] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus) {1999-04-08} - 60,905
    [NDS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (Atlus) {2009-01-15} - 56,689
    [NDS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (Atlus) {2011-07-28} - 62,246
    [3DS] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus) {2012-08-30} - 73,690

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Well to be fair, even with the once a month Tartarus thing, I'm literally spending real-time days (though I only play a few hours a day) in Tartarus on each session, grinding out xp and personas and money.

But I'm assuming this is the consequence of trying to do-it-all in one playthrough with a guide. Whereas the game was probably designed for you to figure it out on your own with multiple playthroughs and finishing the social stuff over those playthroughs.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    I actually started to loathe going to Tartarus. One trip can last 2-3 hours, whereas an entire month of daily stuff takes maybe an hour. P3P added rescue missions, too, where Elizabeth gives you a range of floors a person *could* be in. They are almost always ~10 floors away from the nearest teleport.

JKKaAGp.png
    Dracil wrote: »
    Well to be fair, even with the once a month Tartarus thing, I'm literally spending real-time days (though I only play a few hours a day) in Tartarus on each session, grinding out xp and personas and money.

But I'm assuming this is the consequence of trying to do-it-all in one playthrough with a guide. Whereas the game was probably designed for you to figure it out on your own with multiple playthroughs and finishing the social stuff over those playthroughs.

Yeah, I've never managed to not lose interest in the game where I try to perfect everything. But I usually will complete a playthrough where I accept the mistakes and inefficiencies.

Yeah, those are fine numbers for Soul Hackers, and deservedly so. Hopefully it won't deny us it like EP's bomba did. :(

wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2012
    P3's music reminds me of, like, every Ninja Tune* artist ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prP7iSa1Jnc

* Ninja Tune is the indie label that houses Amon Tobin. DJ Kentaro and Bonobo are my other favorite electronic artists of that label.

Cantido on
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Dracil wrote: »

Yeah, I've never managed to not lose interest in the game where I try to perfect everything. But I usually will complete a playthrough where I accept the mistakes and inefficiencies.

I did this with Devil Survivor 2 after the first playthrough. Day by day, choice by choice, following a guide. I did that to guarantee that I got the appropriate path by the end... Three times? Many times. I don't know what it is, but the SMT games just cater to the grinder in me. Something like 200+ hours at least back in the days of Nocturne. I really want them to port over those PS2 era games to PSN so I can play them on my PS3.

Edit: Since everyone's discussing Persona series characters, is it bad to say that I'm a fan of Naoto? That's only based on what I've seen of her character in P4A since I haven't played P4 yet. Soon I will have Golden and all these characters will make sense. Still, she seems like badass in P4A.

Zanshinretsu on
    My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
    edited September 2012
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Whole buncha wrong opinions up in here. All you Junpei haters probably like Aigis and Naoto too.

I like Junpei AND Naoto. Take THAT.

I like both Junpei and Kos-Mos. I don't understand why everyone hates Xenosaga so much.

Drez on
    edited September 2012
    oops

Drez on
    Because of Xenogears

JKKaAGp.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Yeah, those are fine numbers for Soul Hackers, and deservedly so. Hopefully it won't deny us it like EP's bomba did. :(

Wait, is "we're not getting EP" a definite thing now? Did it bomb? I'm confused!

I mean, isn't there a bonus for having beaten both IS and EP? Some extra dungeon or somesuch?

We're still in the window where Atlus could announce it (Japanese release was in May), but usually they would have already said something by now if they planned to.

They've had a busy year.

We'll get EP, I'm sure.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I should really pick DS2 back up. And DDS. And SJ. I really liked Overclocked, but I think I burned out on tactics games after playing a few in a row.

I need to find somewhere to plug my PS2 back in for DDS. Not having to fuse demons made it probably the best fit for me.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.