As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [chat] will end in 2012

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    ege made a good suggestion. I really should pick up some Sagan.

You do know that "ege" and "good suggestion" are mutually incompatible?

Anyone who's ready to call bullshit on pseudoscience has a few points in my book. He deserves some of the shit he gets, but not all of it.

Gim on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anyone want to carcassonne on live?

I don't have an Xbox, but you should totally play Settlers of Catan, as it's way the hell better.

I did not buy that yet :|

Slacker.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    Lost in Translation, Mean Creek, Willow, The Lion in Winter, Go, Children of Men, Brokeback Mountain, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro

Hmmm...

Code 46 is an underappreciated British film with significant similarities to Children of Men. And if you are in the mood for more wet science fiction, Gattaca of course.

Bridge to Terabitha is a pretty decent kid's fairy tale movie that gets unexpectedly heavy about 3/4 of the way through.

I don't know what it was about Go that appealed to you, but another somewhat unusual movie about ecstasy that I enjoyed was The Anniversary Party, which is an ensemble piece about a group of adults with a long history getting together and airing their grievances while under the influence.

And I mean this in all seriousness: the third Harry Potter movie. Same director as Children of Men and a pretty passable fantasy flick all on its own.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    That one is also way up there for me.

Not seeing it should be considered a warning sign for sadosis in the DSM-IV.

--

Mr.^2: You should get that checked, you may have suckosis.

That movie was saccharine and revolting. You may have badtasteitis.

MrMister on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anyone want to carcassonne on live?

I don't have an Xbox, but you should totally play Settlers of Catan, as it's way the hell better.

I did not buy that yet :|

I have the cardboard version of both. Carcassonne is fun, but it doesn't have anywhere near the staying power of Settlers. Particularly is they release (or have released) any of the Settlers expansions to Live.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Code 46 it is

MrMister on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That movie was saccharine and revolting. You may have badtasteitis.

It had a crazy French girl whose greatest joy in life was bringing joy to others.

What else is there to want?

I mean, sure. She could have fought giant robots, but that would have blown the CGI budget.

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2007
    Oh fuck, I didn't see Go in your list. I love that movie.

And it's great, as not a lot of people know about it. I love showing it to my friends.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm flipping channels and MTV has this retarded High School stories thing, which is basically real life reenactments of things that happened to people in their lame ass high schools. And they use the actual people in the reenactments.

What baffles me the most about these kind of programs is how anyone possibly enjoys them.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited July 2007
    I'll suggest Tape simply because I want more people to see it.

Gim on
    edited July 2007
    Go is straight up hilarious, and clever to boot.

It finally expressed to me my own thoughts on family circus.

MrMister on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm flipping channels and MTV has this retarded High School stories thing, which is basically real life reenactments of things that happened to people in their lame ass high schools. And they use the actual people in the reenactments.

What baffles me the most about these kind of programs is how anyone possibly enjoys them.

I'm going to go with drugs.

Lots and lots of drugs.

Wow...I think we found out what the M now stands for.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You know, if you were willing to see Pan's Labyrinth, you'll find Host has a similar level of violence. Not really much horror to it at all.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Excelsior!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited July 2007
    I went to the video store for the first time in years the other day, because I had surgery earlier this week and wanted some movies to watch... and they just didn't have any of the ones I was looking for for some reason. I wanted to watch Smokey and the Bandit for some reason because I had never seen it and wanted to see something a lot older than I was.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited July 2007
    Dinner Time

Thanks for the recs, guys!

MrMister on
    edited July 2007

Tim Olyphant (sp?) brings a twinkle to my eye because of that movie.
    Also, when the girl gets hit by the car, and he's just like, WTF? WTF? And the people in the car are like,

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Excelsior!

Defiant!

James on
    edited July 2007
    I went to the video store for the first time in years the other day, because I had surgery earlier this week and wanted some movies to watch... and they just didn't have any of the ones I was looking for for some reason. I wanted to watch Smokey and the Bandit for some reason because I had never seen it and wanted to see something a lot older than I was.

Last time I went in a Blockbuster, it was kind of sad. It was good when I was much younger and was looking forward to cartoons, mainstream PG movies, and video games. Now I can just see gaps and critical omissions, at least for someone like me.

Viva la Netflix.

Gim on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I didn't particularly care for it, personally. It just didn't do anything for me.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited July 2007
    Yeah, when I used to go to Blockbuster and stuff it was ages ago when I was excited to see whatever random ass new SNES game I could rent.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i finally got my job back yesterday so I celebrated with some DVDs... Blazing Saddles, What Dreams May Come, 28 Days Later, and Glengarry GlenRoss.

haven't seen the first 2, love the third, and watched the last one last night for the first time. fucking awesome.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited July 2007
    Blazing Saddles is a classic.

God I'm so bored, I can't leave the house because I'm on vicodin.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    i finally got my job back yesterday so I celebrated with some DVDs... Blazing Saddles, What Dreams May Come, 28 Days Later, and Glengarry GlenRoss.

haven't seen the first 2, love the third, and watched the last one last night for the first time. fucking awesome.

Blazing Saddles is one of the funniest movies I've seen. What Dreams May Come is incredibly beautiful.

MikeMan on
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, when I used to go to Blockbuster and stuff it was ages ago when I was excited to see whatever random ass new SNES game I could rent.

Same. Though it was a dark time before the internet, so I rented the most random games. Smart Ball, Roadrunner's Death Valley Rally (which was kinda good as I remember), Home Alone, Bart's Nightmare, Krusty's Warehouse (weird that I rented Simpsons games as I didn't start watching the show until some years later), etc.

Gim on
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, me too. Just whatever had a cool looking cover. And same goes for Simpson's games. The one with the mice and stuff.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited July 2007
    Variable wrote: »

What Dreams May Come bugged the ever loving shit out of me.

Feral on

• stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ripping cds makes things slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited July 2007
    This chat is slow. This whole forum is slow. I'm so bored. What's going on? Bah.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited July 2007
    stilist wrote: »

It shouldn't. Maybe you need a better ripper? Try BonkEnc if you have Windows?

Feral on

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Huh

LastFM hasn't worked in about a week for me.

Elendil on
    edited July 2007
    This chat is slow. This whole forum is slow. I'm so bored. What's going on? Bah.

Nothing is going on, hence slow.

James on
    edited July 2007
    DANCE PARTY!

Gim on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    It shouldn't. Maybe you need a better ripper? Try BonkEnc if you have Windows?
    I use iTunes because I’m lazy.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited July 2007
    DANCE PARTY!

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
    SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
    SHAKE YOUR BOOTY!

James on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »
    DANCE PARTY!

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
    SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
    SHAKE YOUR BOOTY!
    His ass is gonna blow

Elendil on
    edited July 2007
    iTunes

bloat bloat bloat

Feral on

edited July 2007
    OMG

Uh... not safe for work, maybe? If your workplace is a bunch of prudes.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited July 2007
    I'd like to think that those bubbles represent sperm.

Gim on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OMG

Uh... not safe for work, maybe? If your workplace is a bunch of prudes.

Ahahahahahah

Oh the bukkake jokes.

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.