As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Cat Reaper

2»

• Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The hilarious thing is, when we found out that dogs could smell cancer through scientific means it was just a footnote.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh my god... the news headline thing on CNN about the death cat...

It said: "Death Cab for Kitty"

and the anchor said that phrase too

seriously

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are retarded.

Haven't you ever seen Cat's Eye? The cat is trying to save the old defenseless people from the troll living in the wall that sucks their soul out of them.

What these people need is a record player and a fan, stat.

But fans suck all of the air out of a room and they'll suffocate. Haven't you ever been to South Korea?

That might be the stupidest thing I have ever read. How saddening that medical professionals in Korea actually believe something as retarded as fan blades being able to split atoms or create vacuums.

Snork on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A wise man once said, 'Give me large groups of people, and I'll show you a bunch of idiots'.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    It's just like dogs they train to sense when their owners are about to have a seizure.
    I didn't know they knew how to train dogs to do this, I thought it was just something some dogs seemed to do on their own.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I bet you the cat sleeps on the person's face when no one's looking, then uses the heating pads they get.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, usually the grim reaper takes some kind of corporeal form or steals a body.

This time he stole a kitty's body.

Case closed.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Why is no one else enraged by this 'Fan Death' bullshit? It's like Korea wasn't ridiculous enough already from people dying from playing Starcraft and not peeing.

Snork on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I try not to get too enraged by stupid things, or I would go insane.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Well, usually the grim reaper takes some kind of corporeal form or steals a body.

Case closed.
    I'd like to see your sources.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Case closed.
    I'd like to see your sources.

Here ya go

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nonono, trust me, you want to go insane. Not only is the world much prettier on this side of reality, you get a "get out of jail free card" with membership. And, to top it all off, those stupid annoying things that used to annoy you because they were so stupid? Completely unnoticeable against the background voices...:P

Also, the article said the fans split moleculse, not atoms. this is key and probably a matter of confusion over ionisers. Not that ionisers can kill you either. Ion Cannon though...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007

The primary quality of an internet forum moderator. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Snork wrote: »
    Why is no one else enraged by this 'Fan Death' bullshit? It's like Korea wasn't ridiculous enough already from people dying from playing Starcraft and not peeing.

I'm not even surprised by that. They seem to take their superstitions and urban legends pretty seriously over there.

In Malaysia they chop tails off cats, because cats have some evil magical power and it's apparently contained in their tail. I can't remember the specifics, and a quick googling didn't help, but I seem to recall it had something to do with binding people's souls to the cat's tail upon death, preventing them from moving on to the afterlife. I may be thinking about the wrong thing though. In any case, I've travelled around Malaysia a lot, and never saw a cat with an intact tail there.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

I'm not even surprised by that. They seem to take their superstitions and urban legends pretty seriously over there.

In Malaysia they chop tails off cats, because cats have some evil magical power and it's apparently contained in their tail. I can't remember the specifics, and a quick googling didn't help, but I seem to recall it had something to do with binding people's souls to the cat's tail upon death, preventing them from moving on to the afterlife. I may be thinking about the wrong thing though. In any case, I've travelled around Malaysia a lot, and never saw a cat with an intact tail there.

Thats barbaric. I hate when people mutilate animals, be it clipping a dog's tail or their ears, or this.

Seriously, a cats tail isn't there just for show. They need them for acrobatics and shit.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I hate people sometimes. You would think entering to modern age would entail abandoning bullshit and detrimental superstitions like that. Am I just being ignorant? Does America do some kind of equivalent?

Snork on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hate people sometimes. You would think entering to modern age would entail abandoning bullshit and detrimental superstitions like that. Am I just being ignorant? Does America do some kind of equivalent?

I was going to suggest that the Enlightenment weeded out a lot of the superstition in Western society, but then the real reason occurred to me. Authoritarian monotheistic religions have one advantage: they discourage random superstitious bullshit that isn't part of their dogma.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I suppose so.

Snork on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heh, this was on wii news. Pretty interesting

Rabid_Llama on