As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1984: I love Big [Phalla] - Day 9: Village and TrueNeverBorn victory!

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Hmm. What I wouldn't give for a jumping puzzle right now.

Inorite? Finished all those things weeks ago. :/

1 dungeon path away from full clear achievement though. :D

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Ok then, I like MrT's reasoning for MagicPrime

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Vote closes in a little more than an hour.

Also, I learned today that there was a death in the family. I will be out of town Friday and Saturday. If there is any lurker or dead player that thinks they can run this for a day or two, I would be much obliged and will show the ropes, otherwise this might have to be suspended for a day or two.

Sorry to hear that, take as much time as you like.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Yes, condolences, Farangu. Even though I'm about to be dead, I don't know the first thing about running a phalla. :(

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Farangu of course we'll all wait if you need to. Sorry to hear about the loss. :(

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think...I think I'm going to go with SLyM for now. I don't like how he's completely ignorable.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So what does one do upon the occasion of one's first lynching? I might go make myself some dosa. But this feels like a more festive event.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the thoughts, but I have actually found people that were gracious enough to step up and help. They deserve your thanks, as well as mine.

From mid-Friday to Sunday morning, Mr. Blarney and SaberOverEasy will be calling the shots, writing narrations and such. They'll each be able to cover a day.

• Options
    Good to hear.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    It is time.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    The day is done. Narration to come soon.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    It is time.

Spectrum Five Unite?

• Options
    MrT, Blahmcblah... don't worry about MagicPrime. The Ministry has some questions for him and he will be strapped to my table. >:)

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Good luck, fellow villagers! Defeat the Eastasian menace for doubleplus good or something!

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    It is time.

Spectrum Five Unite?

Mecha Shiva

• Options
    It is time.

Spectrum Five Unite?

Mecha Shiva

mecha-shiva.gif

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Day 3: Death to the Eternal Enemy

Another day of improving returns for a low cost for Miniluv. Another citizen had to die, regrettably. The officers would be attending the funeral of MagicPrime. But the apprehension of Romanqwerty is more than enough to make the superiors happy.

If anyone says that a citizen of Airstrip One cannot do math anymore, they could point to this case and say their statistics were improving.

-

Kime was last seen taking a stroll, talking to himself about how much he loved his life here. That was six hours ago. His body was found in an alleyway, the sign "Death to Big Brother" found on his corpse. The sign was immediately burned. The body was left behind.

-

Citizens of London! Most plusgood words today! Our brave soldiers are hot on the heels of the arch-enemy, Emmanuel Goldstein! We will apprehend him soon enough! One of his underlings, Citizen 231459 - BlahmcBlah, has been caught in the act of terrorism and executed! Continuation of this suspicion of neighbors is expected!

The Dead:
    BlahmcBlah - Eurasian Infiltrator - The Vote
    romanqwerty - Eurasian Infiltrator -
    Miniluv Interrogation
    MagicPrime - Citizen of Airstrip One - Miniluv Interrogation
    Kime - Citizen of Airstrip One -
    Slain by infiltrators

Inactivus warnings to Capfalcon, typhus733, and Premium.
    PM's to go out soon.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Parting words...

Get better vigilantes.... OoOooOooooo.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    So it looks as if the vote is always RED death then?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    And with that, my friends, we have pretty much confirmed that the vote victim always turns up red.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    All vital communications are sent. Resume your duties.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    And with that, my friends, we have pretty much confirmed that the vote victim always turns up red.

The party does not kill the 'innocent,' all those who are purged were enemies of the party whether they knew it or not.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yep. Either vote is always red so we start playing like the vote is always red, or the vote isn't always red and it doesn't really matter if we play like the vote is always red because we've killed 5 mafia in 3 days.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Is there a reason there are quotes around Vote next to the method of removal for Stever but not for blah and Delmain?

I assume just a stylistic choice, you didn't stay with but just double checking.
    Players:
    14. Stever777 - Eastasian infiltrator - The "Vote"
    16. blahmcblah - Eastasian Infiltrator - The Vote
    44. Delmain - Eastasian infiltrator - The Vote

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

The party does not kill the 'innocent,' all those who are purged were enemies of the party whether they knew it or not.

Vote is truth. Unagreeness is crimethink. Miniluv finds traitors.

• Options
    Is there a reason there are quotes around Vote next to the method of removal for Stever but not for blah and Delmain?

I assume just a stylistic choice, you didn't stay with but just double checking.
    Players:
    14. Stever777 - Eastasian infiltrator - The "Vote"
    16. blahmcblah - Eastasian Infiltrator - The Vote
    44. Delmain - Eastasian infiltrator - The Vote

No reason, really.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Obifett for reasons known only to the Ministry of Plenty.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    So everyone who dies by the vote turn up red? Bummer....

And I thought I had a perfect mafiadar.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This will be a fun phalla.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

"Will be?"

haven't you been playing?

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hmm, so Kime was alright, go figure
    I was wrong, so very wrong, I'm sorry! Don't put me back in the box! I'll do better next time, I promise...!
    Welp, hrm, that leaves things open as to where to go next....

I hear The Anonymous was speaking out against the Party!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »

"Will be?"

haven't you been playing?

I think we've only just started scratching the surface of crazy.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    okay I slept though the vote deadline whoops sorry. here's my saved post from before I guesss

It's 1 AM on the east coast so I'm going to try to make this short.

Basically, as far as I can tell, the village special roles rotate through the villagers, with each person holding a role for a day or 2. Combined with the fact that it's quite likely that there are conversions, due to the extremely low number of mafia kills, that makes me staying on as network head pretty risky. Instead, I've the new patch of vigs (all of us from yeterday lost our powers) to call their kills tonight and serve as the next network heads. The idea is to repeat this to prevent one person from holding too much power. I'm passing along all my infos to them tonight.

Unfortunately, malkor couldn't be here for close, so I'm going to announce that he's killing romanqwerty tonight.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    Hmm, so Kime was alright, go figure
    I was wrong, so very wrong, I'm sorry! Don't put me back in the box! I'll do better next time, I promise...!
    Welp, hrm, that leaves things open as to where to go next....

I hear The Anonymous was speaking out against the Party!
    I can't not dishonestly not say that I haven't undone not that.

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    okay I slept though the vote deadline whoops sorry. here's my saved post from before I guesss

It's 1 AM on the east coast so I'm going to try to make this short.

Basically, as far as I can tell, the village special roles rotate through the villagers, with each person holding a role for a day or 2. Combined with the fact that it's quite likely that there are conversions, due to the extremely low number of mafia kills, that makes me staying on as network head pretty risky. Instead, I've the new patch of vigs (all of us from yeterday lost our powers) to call their kills tonight and serve as the next network heads. The idea is to repeat this to prevent one person from holding too much power. I'm passing along all my infos to them tonight.

Unfortunately, malkor couldn't be here for close, so I'm going to announce that he's killing romanqwerty tonight.

Basically, specials, especially any new specials, do not send your info to KetBra, send it to myself/Malkor instead. :D

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    So it looks as if the vote is always RED death then?

Which doesn't mean the voted out wasn't necessarily village - could have been mafias. But it would explain day 1 which otherwise doesn't make much sense to me if #1 and #2 were mafias (seems it would have been easy to push for other persons rather on one and another).
    Stever probably village I would say.

• Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    According to the Theme, Winston Smith's job was to change history according to how the party desired. Removing people from pictures, newspapers, etc. The Vote kill may simply be something along those lines. They are getting voted out, and therefore removed from the media and favored in a negative light. Sticking with Cythraul till network's call. I'll get him eventually!

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOOOooooOOOOOO

I died... for Big Brother!

OOOOOOooooooOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

Inactivus warnings to Capfalcon, typhus733, and Premium.
    PM's to go out soon.

I know you are by now busy Farangu, but to SOE or MrBlarney, I did vote and make more than two posts yesterday. Why the warning?

Edit: DEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRP...I forgot to put blah's name in red >.<'

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Anyone who has been in contact with a claimed role blocker should get in contact with Kilnaga and Malkor.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1