As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1984: I love Big [Phalla] - Day 9: Village and TrueNeverBorn victory!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I don't like the psycholarry vote that much.

I prefer the jdarksun one.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    This bandwagon is doubleplus unproductive. Verify loyal to ingsoc and B-B.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    According to the Theme, Winston Smith's job was to change history according to how the party desired. Removing people from pictures, newspapers, etc. The Vote kill may simply be something along those lines. They are getting voted out, and therefore removed from the media and favored in a negative light. Sticking with Cythraul till network's call. I'll get him eventually!

I seem to remember you having a reason of some sort for voting for me initially, something about my day 1 vote? If you're carrying on something from a day 1 vote this late in the game...

TrueNeverBorn. I mean really, keeping this up just seems like a "cute" or "clever" way of having a throwaway vote day after day.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Do we have a current vote count?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I think right now narration hints at conversions being every other day. It's possible they are everyday and we just happened to get the lucky because the infiltrators picked conversion immune targets, but that seems unlikely. We also don't know how powers work for the enemy, it's possible that only one of them can convert people at a time, and it shifts to a different person like village powers, so we got lucky by voting them out or role blocking them. Finally, we don't know if the conversions belong to the Eastasians or if there is a third faction.

I disagree strongly with Kilnaga's idea. Yes, ketbra could get converted but he might not and he would be a compelling target to seer in a few days. Likewise we may or may not hit an enemy of the state with the vote but it's better than having a 0% chance of hitting infiltrators, which is what Kilnaga's idea does do. Besides if a seer gets confirmation that someone isn't part of the party, then voting them out gives us a useful vote record, assuming the network call isn't too early. It also gives us a narration around an outed infiltrator that we can compare to the other three. It's possible there might be a few keyword differences that could make vote record much more reliable again. The OP does say observant players will be rewarded, so that sounds to me like vote narration might have some clues.

I'm also inclined to think the enemy won't let us simply vote out their members and will make an effort to prevent that without being too obvious. So each death outside the vote is going to yield some clues for us. X died red, well which bandwagons did he avoid and which did he readily jump on. Y died green, well which bandwagons did he avoid and which did he join and how does that compare to X's record.

Anyways, I know it's not much, but based on the voting record and my gut, I'm leaning towards the idea that jdarksun is a thought criminal.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    psycholarry hasn't said much

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Day 4 vote count:

PsychoLarry1: 6 (Mi-go hunter, spool32, Megafrost, Anialos, Kilnaga, Malkor, Phyphor)
    jdarksun: 4 (Alegis, Segatai, SLyM, Mill)
    Megafrost: 3 (MrTLicious, premium, Baidol)
    Phyphor: 3 (Megafrost, TrueNeverborn, Typhus733, Shalmelo)
    Anialos: 2 (Spool32, ObiFett)
    The Anonymous: 1 (Matev)
    TrueNeverborn: 1 (Cythraul)
    KetBra: 0 (Kilnaga)
    Obifett: 0 (Anialos)
    Cythraul: 0 (TrueNeverborn)

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    PsychoLarry1

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I do not like this wagon at all.

Like, no one has given any particularly good reasons for it that I've seen.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    He was the last vote on stever on Day 1 and has been particularly quiet.

That's all.

Actually, he was the last vote on TRV.

The one that nearly tied the vote.

So.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    There's literally nothing else to go on. Though I do feel kinda bad to vote for the only newspeaker

• Options
    Instead of the voting for someone who wanted to vote out TRV, you could vote for someone who voted with TRV.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    He was the last vote on stever on Day 1 and has been particularly quiet.

That's all.

Actually, he was the last vote on TRV.

The one that nearly tied the vote.

So.

And there was about 1:45 to go I believe..so yeah. Unless he thought there was less time and he got the timezones wrong. Conversely TRV was on Jdark's wagon when it was around 6,5,4 (trv,stever,jdark). That is in regards to the main wagons...

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yes, I'm confused why the jdark people did not go onto the megafrost wagon. Of the 2, jdark was at least part of the tie on day 1 that was being roused to free up TRV. I don't see any other evidence that discerns between these two.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Something Something Psycholarry.

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Forecast: unperson.
    jdarksun

• Options
    The Megafrost vote is the one that makes the most sense to me. Especially since the vote was rather close when he made his switch . Though he has been more aggressive than usual compared to most if he is mafia. If he is would kinda point to them knowing people would turn up red... And there is a history of mafia spreadsheeters...

I still like him more than the others on the table. And Phyphor's switch on day 1 seems a bit too on-the-radar for Phyphor (he is usually very very low-key).

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Should we be concerned about his high keyness? Or attribute that to he likes the setting?
    I'll check outMegafrost

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    The Megafrost vote is the one that makes the most sense to me. Especially since the vote was rather close when he made his switch . Though he has been more aggressive than usual compared to most if he is mafia. If he is would kinda point to them knowing people would turn up red... And there is a history of mafia spreadsheeters...

I still like him more than the others on the table. And Phyphor's switch on day 1 seems a bit too on-the-radar for Phyphor (he is usually very very low-key).
    Sure, I'll bite. Megafrost

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Very busy day for me today. Extremely tired.

Of all the bandwagons, Megafrost makes the most sens to me.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    2 hours to vote close.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Discussion is pretty dead. And it seems people are just voting for either MegaFrost, jdark, or PsychoLarry with like no reasoning on most votes. :?

SOOOOO, Here's something random. I just had a friend quote the following to me on the phone after a horrible game of pickup basketball:

"Divided we have fallen, united we need to stand."

I laughed at him because I knew that wasn't how it went but it was just close enough that I had to look it up to get it right. So I got home and wiki'd it. I always thought it came from America initially, but it turns out that it comes from the East, specifically Aesop in his fables and India when they were fighting the British Empire. Learn something new every day!

• Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    According to the Theme, Winston Smith's job was to change history according to how the party desired. Removing people from pictures, newspapers, etc. The Vote kill may simply be something along those lines. They are getting voted out, and therefore removed from the media and favored in a negative light. Sticking with Cythraul till network's call. I'll get him eventually!

I seem to remember you having a reason of some sort for voting for me initially, something about my day 1 vote? If you're carrying on something from a day 1 vote this late in the game...

TrueNeverBorn. I mean really, keeping this up just seems like a "cute" or "clever" way of having a throwaway vote day after day.

Except that I changed it relatively soon after. :P Psycholarry has come up a few too many times now.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    What's the reasoning on psycholarry? I think I missed it.

• Options
    The reasoning is he is quiet and people are lazy.

• Options
    Day 1 is also the only real voting record we have given that TRV was mafia.

• Options
    The reasoning is "vote records don't count so I don't have to think"

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    That's about what I thought. Going to keep my vote where it is then.

premium on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Megafrost

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    This is too quiet, double ungood I think...
    Think you sheep! They're hiding in plain sight, all around you! The angel of death comes to take us all! Name, Rank, Serial number! Eurasia is the enemy, we've been wrong all along!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Vote closed. Narration forthcoming.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Day 4: "Do you think the Resistance is real?"
    "None of it is."

Citizen Shalmelo happened to be enjoying a book, secretly. It was a poor yarn, but with no other stimulation of that fashion for quite some time, it would have to do. Suddenly, a shot rang out. A hole appeared in the spine of the book, and Shalmelo slumped in his chair.

-

The Miniluv would have to expand their facilities at this rate, with the amount of suspects brought in. Unfortunately, their hot streak drew to a close. Citizens Jdarksun, SLyM and I needed a name to post would cease to be a part of the Party's struggle.

-

Citizens! Most doubleplus good day! Our thought police have apprehended yet another terrorist! Citizen 413752 - PsychoLarry1 has been shown the error of his ways. Continue on, brave citizens! IngSoc shall prevail!

The Dead:
    PsychoLarry1 - Eurasian Infiltrator - The Vote
    Jdarksun - Citizen of Airstrip One - Miniluv Interrogation
    SLyM - Citizen of Airstrip One - Miniluv Interrogation
    I needed a name to post - Citizen of Airstrip One - Miniluv Interrogation
    Shalmelo - Citizen of Airstrip One -
    Slain by infiltrators

PM's to go out soon.

Inactivus warnings to Lucedes, Vagrant_Winds. Also, an error was made yesterday - Premium was not inactive.

Farangu on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    See you later, shitlords!

Bye everybody!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OoOoOoOoO

Good job everybody!

:^:

oOoOoOoOo

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Well I think that list of kills only tells us the mafia can RNG into the vig rolls. I mean, there wouldn't be a villager whose a big enough goose to gain Vig powers and not contact the network.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    why weren't the kills announced tonight?

• Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Well I think that list of kills only tells us the mafia can RNG into the vig rolls. I mean, there wouldn't be a villager whose a big enough goose to gain Vig powers and not contact the network.

You drastically underestimate the level of goosocity.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    why weren't the kills announced tonight?

They didn't need to be. The announcing of the Vigs is done to re-establish the network each time the powers rotate. They didn't rotate, its the same vigs/same network. Now it'll rotate so it'll be announced again tonight.

The person who vig'd Jdark isn't network. Probably a mafia in a special role.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Hahahahaha whoever were the vigs last night you got some explaining to do when this game is over.