As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]- Blackout in Phallaville- Game Over! Invader Victory!

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I'm going to reveal the information that I still think Malkor is evil based on his omgmafia posting, however in the interests of not being a dumbass I'm able to be convinced of a better target.

I like facetious' analysis yesterday that I was totally not awake for, can we have some more of that?

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    OOoooo

I hope you guys lose

Ooooooo

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I only have a couple more hours before I head to work so if anyone has compelling evidence, please present it. :P

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Wow, the silence in this game is not particularly encouraging.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    ...and I'm not helping, because I was teaching a class all morning and now have to run into a meeting. Hopefully I'll be back before vote close, but assuming I'm not I'm gonna go with cythraul, who appears to have the shadiest vote record of our remaining suspects.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Cythraul.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    A malkor vote seems reasonable to me

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'd take a Malkor vote over a -me- vote anyday :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Malkor I mean

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Only a hunch vote today.
    JaysonFour

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'm a bit torn on this. Malkor's voting record isn't great nor his participation, but he had his vote on SlyM and took it off at the instigation of someone else but that someone else was SlyM himself. Which looks horrible in retrospect. Link here. If it had been another person (Read non-mafia) , I would think "hey guy saw an opportunity". But here.. I'm not quite as sure.

It would be a daring move for the mafia to make , but one I don't really see. That said the most undecipherable people for me so far are on Malkor so I'll go with Cythraul

• Options
    I also suspect we could be dealing with likely 3 mafia. It would fit with the kill drop after Koan and Infidel. If there were 8 total. 50% drop leads to less kills. That could still apply to 10 obviously.

10 out of 47= 21% about
    8 out of 47= 17% about

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Malkor

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    vote closed.

on the skypephone with mom

narration will be shortly.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    And yes, Obi, your vote counts. it was on the :00.

• Options
    Attention citizens of Phallaville. Your cooperation in this military based and joint operation with ourselves has been very much appreciated. Your sacrifices have made it possible for the world to continue on unimpeded. You should count yourself very lucky that you have survived as few of you that did. We are saddened that your resistance caused so many needless deaths. But for your impressive resiliency, it has been decided that your radio voice Phyphor will be allowed to survive. He will have his memories of this week removed though. It is only... humane.

“So. I guess it’s over. The last recount shows that I am the only surviving citizen of Phallaville. The others of us that were left, including our Cop,Cythraul and facetious were caught in the blast of a bomb that went off in the center of town. Luckily though, in their efforts to defuse the bomb that was attached to Malkor they were able to also catch in the blast two of the Invaders, Obifett, romanqerty

“I myself have seen the bodies of premium and jaysonfour and can confirm only tha they are being loaded with all the others by the Invaders into their vehicle. This is the last that you will hear from me, and from Phallaville. If you have been listening, we thank you for your support.

“Stay strong, and Phalla On”

The Dead

premium--townsperson
    Jaysonfour—townsperson
    Malkor – unlucky sod
    Cythraul – Town Cop
    Obifett –invader
    Facetious –townsperson
    Romanqwerty –invader

Game Over! Invader Victory!

Surviving Townsperson Phyphor
    Victorious Invaders Egos, Shalmelo

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    So, Malkor was a bomb?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Awwww

Egos and shal!? Who was stupid enough to let you two live!? :P

Thanks for running ahava! I liked the narrations

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
  • Options
    Cheers to all the players who came back. Loved having you guys (and rainfall) around for this!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    What a way to end it.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MAFIA PROBOARDS
    THE CAGE THAT HELD A WILD EGOS

• Options
    Wow

I am the worst mafia

ever

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Good game teammates! :D

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    So, who Day 1'd me? Don't worry, I won't grudge you forever. I've got Kilnaga for that.

• Options
    @lonelyahava

What the hell was our deactivation wand supposed to be used for?

• Options
    KoanKoan Registered User regular
    Well done surviving mafia. I am glad to see my death avenged.

• Options
    Obi,

why, defusing the bomb so that you didn't get any of your own killed!

it was something I threw in at the last minute (literally) when i realized that a bomb could absolutely devastate the mafia. But i didn't think it all the way through as I gave you no way of figuring out WHO the bomb was, let alone that there was one.

So that was my big mistake and I am sorry about that.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    You should have just called it a "Defusing Wand" or "Defusing Kit"

We probably could have pieced it together after that.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    @lonelyahava

What the hell was our deactivation wand supposed to be used for?

A BOMB?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Great game Ahava! Good to be back.

Post-game thoughts;

Funnily enough I thought that Egos was mafia, but he and I go way back so didn't bring it up.

Suicide masons is a rough role to have. A big part of why I was so quiet for most of the game was because I figured being loud (which I usually am as a villager!) would just get Rainfall killed too.

Reading the mafia proboards; I take it you did use both your kills for the night on me and Rainfall, when we died? Heh. Just as planned.

• Options
    yeah the suicide lovers and the Wand were not fully thought out.

To be fair, i made the game in like 30 minutes.

@Obifett: yeah i was going to do that, but i figured that made it too easy. I'm sorry!!! :(

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I feel like this is the best way the game could have ended.

• Options
    I really was hoping @facetious would live. :(

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting the ahava

I'll agree with Megafrost, a bomb killing almost all the remaining players seems appropriate for this game.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Great game, I have a whole host of things to say but I'll save that for tomorrow. The biggest thing though is that I've pretty well learned the lesson that I do not enjoy being a network head. I'm way too paranoid for that shit.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Aww, thanks Egos for calling me useless to the village on day 1 :3 It's so true :P

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »
    I feel like this is the best way the game could have ended.

I completely agree

I was giggling all day going 'ohmygod they are going to tie the vote... with the bomb. how fucking perfect'

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Egos
    I'm Scooby?
    What does that even mean?

@Lonelyahava thanks for running! I'm always bummed when I die, but I kept reading this one after the fact, and it was a good read.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Speaking of the network, uh... who was actually in it? Because I straight up told Rend that I was a mason (and he told me he was a seer) on day one, and I didn't hear anything else after that.