As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cops Gone Wild: Officer Long Pig Edition

AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
Well, this is a new low - NYPD cop accused of planning to kidnap, cook, and eat women.
In one of the most disturbing and unusual arrests involving a police officer, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents took Officer Valle into custody on Wednesday, after they uncovered several of his plots to kidnap, rape, cook and eat women.

“I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus,” he wrote to a co-conspirator in one electronic communication intercepted by law enforcement authorities. “Cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible.”

When the colleague asked how big the officer’s oven was, Officer Valle replied, “Big enough to fit one of these girls if I folded their legs.”

He also put himself out as a kidnapper for hire, and unlawfully accessed police databases to build his plans. And he was married as well.

... I'm thinking of taking a bath. Preferably in Bibles. (shiver)

Edit: More info from the Observer here.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
AngelHedgie on

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Someone retweeted this from the FBI New York twitter feed. I thought it was insane and figured the whole account was a parody.

Now that I see it wasn't, D:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Calls from fellow officers to wait until the result of the full investigation in 3...2...1...

Just kidding. This one is getting catapulted over the blue wall.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    That is horrifying.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    What are the chances that this is just one of those crazy fantasies that people have, and he wasn't really going to go through with it?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    What are the chances that this is just one of those crazy fantasies that people have, and he wasn't really going to go through with it?
    The reason that the FBI got involved is because they caught him accessing the National Crime Information Center to get info on a victim. He also put out an ad as a kidnapper for hire, and mentioned meeting up with a potential victim for lunch.

Yeah, this wasn't a fantasy.

• Options
    Oh, and you know this is seriously, because he was suspended WITHOUT pay.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    So the blue wall of silence doesn't cover cannibalism.

Good to know.

• Options
    Hey, you gotta draw lines.

• Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    Us

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I might be able to fit an entire leg in my oven, if I cut it in two.

His oven seems overly large.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Those conversations in the warrant are surreal. "Tempting, but I don't want to be tempted to rape the next one too, I'm trying to be professional Kidnapper over here."

I guess the cannibalism was meant to done strictly off the clock.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Well the girl in question is said to only have "70 pounds of meat". I'm not an expert in long-pig meat yield, but maybe the targets were petite?

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    The reason that the FBI got involved is because they caught him accessing the National Crime Information Center to get info on a victim. He also put out an ad as a kidnapper for hire, and mentioned meeting up with a potential victim for lunch.

Wow, he logged into the NCIC to find his victims? You'd think a six year veteran police officer wouldn't suck at this sort of thing quite so much.
    Those conversations in the warrant are surreal. "Tempting, but I don't want to be tempted to rape the next one too, I'm trying to be professional Kidnapper over here."

It's especially questionable to eat your victims after you rape them, I would think.

I certainly wouldn't eat a hamburger after I'd put my dick in it.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Don't they have psych screens for cops?
    Surely 6 years of service is insufficient to turn someone into a rapist/cannibal/kidnapper

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Well this certainly is going to sneak up on me again as a really unpleasant CSI/Law and Order. How does this get fun though?
    Plus it's hard to believe that you could be that desperate for $5000 as a NY cop, and a married one at that - not got to be a lot over a months wages is it?

• Options
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Well this certainly is going to sneak up on me again as a really unpleasant CSI/Law and Order. How does this get fun though?
    Plus it's hard to believe that you could be that desperate for $5000 as a NY cop, and a married one at that - not got to be a lot over a months wages is it?

$5000 for a few hours work?

His position as a police officer actually lends itself quite well to kidnapping.

What does him being married have to do with any of this btw? I noticed they made a point of mentioning it in the article in it's own little paragraph.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

His position as a police officer actually lends itself quite well to kidnapping.

What does him being married have to do with any of this btw? I noticed they made a point of mentioning it in the article in it's own little paragraph.
    Because single people being crazy psycho-murderers is to be expected. But married people are always good people.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

Because single people being crazy psycho-murderers is to be expected. But married people are always good people.

Well, there is perhaps the assumption that somebody who is married will have a harder time keeping something like this hidden. Not a great assumption, but it's there. That, or he was speaking financially; if they had two incomes, why the hell would he need $5K?

The answer, of course, is that he was a crazy fucking cannibal. I wouldn't try to break his thought process down too much.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Well I sure didn't need to sleep tonight or anything, so this turned out just great.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    whelp than is here
    time to pack up and go home

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I don't know what's worse; the shit this guy wanted to do, or the fact that I'm becoming numb to the kinds of fucked up shit human beings are capable of.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    What does that say when I'm more shocked over this falling outside the whole shield wall that police put up, than I am about a guy wanting to cook a woman alive and eat her

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

Few hours? Given the time he's put into tracking her down and getting the right moment, plus expenses (going to be at least a few hundred to make your own chloroform) and the risk involved - the time taken to actually do the deed is going to be much more than the 3-4 hours to actually do it and closer to a months worth of work. Were I (and at this point I feel I should stress I'm not) a cannibal rapist kidnapper for hire, I'd be terrified of someone who'd only pay $5K (barely 3K in real money, and that's before tax) for this.

Surely you're talking at least a years salary to even meet the guy and tell him he's creepy, let alone then go ahead with it. If this guy can't even make the time to spare four weeks worth of wages to fulfil his dreams of stalking and cannibalising a woman, why would you ever decide to commit any crime with this guy, let alone one like this?

Bounty's going to be higher than that if someone finds out or he chickens out, I'm pretty sure you'd earn a significant portion of your 3K in minimum wage before you'd cooked her going off how long it takes for a turkey plus HOLY FUCK THIS GUY IS ARGUING ABOUT THE PRICE TO KIDNAP, RAPE, MURDER AND THEN EAT A WOMAN.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse; the shit this guy wanted to do, or the fact that I'm becoming numb to the kinds of fucked up shit human beings are capable of.

I know of this one girl who seriously would have no fuck this shit I'm not finishing this sentence.

Good thing they got to him when they did, because damn. That's some, uh...

Man.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I think they mention his marriage because the drama of a shamed wife is too juicy to pass up. Not as juicy as slow roasted long pig basted in rape gravy, but the chance to ask the wife how she didn't know she married a monster? Yeah, that question is getting asked.

• Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    ed: nevermind.

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I...

I mean...

I just wanted to add...

Ok, just seriously What the fuck?!

• Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    This cop, man. Geez. He's needs a serious sit-down lecter. I don't know what he expects to gein from acting this way.

On a different note: holy fucking shit.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This cop, man. Geez. He's needs a serious sit-down lecter. I don't know what he expects to gein from acting this way.

And using police resources? Could he be any dahmer?

It's been said, but it's nice to know there's still a line for the other officers as to what they will cover for and what they won't.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    This would be disturbing in any case, but especially since this was a police officer, who had more resources at his disposal to carry out his sick plans. What is it with our society that makes so many men see women as targets? Do they not understand that we are human beings?
    Two law enforcement officials familiar with the inquiry said the officer’s estranged wife recently contacted the F.B.I. to report that Officer Valle, 28, viewed and kept disturbing items on his computer. The couple has a daughter, age 1.

I pray to God that the wife has custody of the daughter.

• Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

And using police resources? Could he be any dahmer?

It's been said, but it's nice to know there's still a line for the other officers as to what they will cover for and what they won't.

Yeah, seriously.

"Hey, you, eating people is wrong, man! Why can't you be a normal cop and mace old women and pregnant ladies?"

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Don forget shoot civilian dogs.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Any word on if he has any history of complaints against him?

Cause, you know, people generally don't just go straight into crazy town like this.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    SammyF wrote: »

Wow, he logged into the NCIC to find his victims? You'd think a six year veteran police officer wouldn't suck at this sort of thing quite so much.

It's especially questionable to eat your victims after you rape them, I would think.

I certainly wouldn't eat a hamburger after I'd put my dick in it.

Juicy Lucy?
    AS07_SFS_4C_JuicyLucy_1_290830.jpg;maxwidth=268

Well the girl in question is said to only have "70 pounds of meat". I'm not an expert in long-pig meat yield, but maybe the targets were petite?

Somebody's picky about his cuts.
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »

Well, there is perhaps the assumption that somebody who is married will have a harder time keeping something like this hidden. Not a great assumption, but it's there. That, or he was speaking financially; if they had two incomes, why the hell would he need $5K?

The answer, of course, is that he was a crazy fucking cannibal. I wouldn't try to break his thought process down too much.

It's just.. I want to say "actualization." All those details take it from "some guy in New York" to "a guy in New York just like that guy across the street." Plus, all reporters seem to thing that marital status, offspring, and age are the biographical details that are mandatory for every story.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Ooh a sensationalist thread title that manages to paint an entire career field as a bunch of murderous psychopaths without any regulation whatsoever due to the fact that one of them plotted some bad shit. Classic Hedgie.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Surely 6 years of service is insufficient to turn someone into a rapist/cannibal/kidnapper
    I cannot imagine they have psych screens for cops. Not in any real sense for that matter.

There are a large number of pedophiles in the Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts not because pedophiles naturally just love God and the outdoors, or because the Catholics or Boy Scouts have a mission to protect pedophiles but because these types of organizations allow access to victims. The protection is a function of how the organization protects itself.

Part of the reason that we have such a problem with police forces around the nation is that the Police is a position of authority which can be entered into with little to no skill. It is a natural place for those of criminal persuasion (rather than criminals out of necessity) to congregate, just like the Boy Scouts is a natural place for a pedophile to go.

This guy is just a lot worse than many of the people which are usually drawn to police work

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I cannot imagine they have psych screens for cops. Not in any real sense for that matter.

About 10 years ago I went through most of the hiring process for a police department in suburban Chicago. After passing the written test and background investigation I had to go for a psych screen. I remember filling out an MMPI (or something very similar) as well as another multiple choice screen, and then interviewed with a psychologist for about 30 minutes or so.

The psych screen wasn't quite as involved as the one I did for the CIA, but it was surprisingly close given that this was a pretty quiet suburb.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Ooh a sensationalist thread title that manages to paint an entire career field as a bunch of murderous psychopaths without any regulation whatsoever due to the fact that one of them plotted some bad shit. Classic Hedgie.

If that's how you read it then you are seriously projecting I'm afraid buddy.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Seems like he put too much emphasis on the first half of "To serve and protect."

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    "Cops gone Wild" is a long running series of threads here, and usually the topic after that header is focused on ONE cop or group of cops being a fucking tool.

There are some forumers *coughhackTHANATOSsputter* who don't mind painting with a wide brush on the issue of cops, but I don't think AH was doing that in this case.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...