As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    There's a very good reason they are not called deaders.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    The livers of some animals are crazy high in vitamin A and are poisonous as a result.

Polar bear liver, for instance, will fucking kill you.

broken image link
    I think that is just you saying that so we wont eat the most delicious organ in the animal kingdom.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fuzzbutt is actually lying to you because his liver is fucking delicious and he doesn't want to share.

GET HIM!

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ceres wrote: »
    See for me it's about the fact that the liver is the toxic waste processing and dumping facility of the body and therefore not food.

This is incorrect.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Druhim wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »
    See for me it's not food because of the fact that the liver is the toxic waste processing and dumping facility of the body (and therefore find it distasteful.)

This is incorrect.
    i've changed the quote; i'm guessing this is what she means, not that she's stating it's inedible.

also, i wanna do this, but i'm not sure on funding or my living situation down the line...

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    The liver does "process waste" but it doesn't store it. They are either stored in the gall bladder to be excreted by the gut, or the converted waste is excreted by the kidneys.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    too bad for California, more livers for the rest of us

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This discussion is making me want to go find some delicious braunschweiger.

• Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    Oh my god I signed up, and was squealing all the while.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You assholes can eat tire rubber for all I care. Eating it might not kill you, but I know what it does (kidneys too), and therefore do not consider it (them) food. If you are iron-deficient and have access to a source of clean, healthy liver, do what you gotta do, I won't stop you. I would not put it on a plate in front of someone.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this is the secret satans thread and what the hell are you even talking about

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    liver, which was actually brought up

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh ok

carry on

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Damn it. I really want to get in on this, especially since I missed last year's, but I'm not sure at all what my financial situation is going to be for the next few months. :(

Oh ceres, you're welcome to hate liver all you want. However it is straight up ignorance to claim it's unhealthy to eat.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    she didn't claim that lol

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    she didn't claim that lol

Saying that the "liver is the toxic waste processing and dumping facility of the body and therefore not food" may not be saying it directly, but you're heading in that direction.

Saying you'd never serve it to someone suggests one's talking about more than personal distaste for it. But perhaps that's not what she meant.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have signed up for this and while I do occasionally enjoy eating liver, I do not want any for SS. Thank you and good night.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i like chicken liver and goose liver but i tried to make beef liver and onions once and i almost gagged it was too rich tasting

poo
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So you're my Satan!
    A simple gifter's guide to Legba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU4TJaQBUkg
    me.jpg

This is Legba. Legba just received a surprise gift from his Secret Satan! Look how happy he is. Why, he's like a bearded cherub! But how did he get to this point? He looks very happy, and happiness is hard. Is it even possible that picking out the perfect gift was a simple process for his Satan? Yes it is!

In order to understand the process by which That Perfect Gift was selected, let's take a tour down Gifting Lane, where at this very moment a very special Secret Satan is tearing out tafts of hair trying to decide what to give.

mwD4V.gif
    "There's any number of possible gifts I could send! However will I chose?"

Fear not, Secret Satan! Through just a few simple steps, you'll be able to pick out that perfect gift. First things first! Legba has created three simple lists of things he wants; a general list, a list of apparel, and a list of reading material. You can select from these lists and be sure of a successful gifting experience!

K1cuw.gif
    Guaranteed more variety than the Mass Effect 3 ending.

But if you like a challenge, and want to come up with -- brrr -- a creative gift, take heart! By following this simple guide, you can discover what kind of things will send Legba all aflutter.

I think books are a swell gift. Does Legba read much?

Why yes he does! One might even call him a verocious reader. Being a nerdy sort, he has a clear affinity for science-ficiton and fantasy, but lately it has to be said he mostly reads screen- and stageplays, interesting historical non-fiction and smut. He owns one of those new-fangled Kindles (though not the very most newfangled one), and does most of his reading on it, but physical copies are still welcome.

Xqk5F.png
    "Golly this book is filthier than your mom! I'm sure Legba will love this!"

Comic books are also great, especially the really well-written ones. He's a sucker for good writing. He's also a sucker for bad writing, and gets a real kick out of cheesy pulp novels.

How about outdoor activities?

Believe it or not, Legba has become big into hiking in the past year! He's just bought his first ever hiking backpack, an Osprey Atmos 35, and he's saving up for some good hiking shoes, because the snow is coming and trainers are probably not a good idea any more. Do you know of any must-have hiking gear, especially for the winter season? Legba sure doesn't!

f7GGp.png
    Raccoon-skin caps are not must-have.

I don't like going outside. Does he enjoy playing games?

Oh man, Legba loves games. Boardgames, card games, dice games, roleplaying games, video games -- nothing quite grabs him like a good game. Unfortunately, he doesn't own a computer that can play videogames, and does all his videogaming on an Xbox which is region-locked to Europe. But physical games? Fantastic.

A few favourites that he currently owns are Guilliotine, Nuclear War and Set. Games that require some brains, a dollop of luck and a willingness to stab his friends in the back turn his crank like oh boy.

TeGQV.gif
    "Strip poker set it is!"

Does he even wear clothes?

It's been known to happen! Mostly he wears either t-shirts and hoodies with "designery" attributes, or really nice shirts. You could go either way, really! Jeans are good, leg pockets are strongly discouraged. Corduroy is an afront to good taste. He's 6'3" and a European XL/American L, legs 38/34, collar 43 EU/17 US.

WgOU6.gif
    Even when not wearing clothes, Legba makes sure to wear a trenchcoat and socks. Kids are watching.

How about music, movies, that kind of thing?

I'll be honest with you, Satan -- nowadays Legba conciders physical media to be bunk, at least when it comes to this kind of stuff. Books still get a pass, but DVDs and CDs are so aughties. The exception to this is DVDs with tons of extra features that give you a real insight into the making of the movie. The Social Network super duper amazing three disk edition? Totally worth all the dollars. If you decide to go this route, take note that Europe is DVD region 2, and PAL at that.

I8Qxv.png
    "Portable DVD player? More like smortable smeebeesmee smayer."

Purchasing gifts is so Corporate, man! How about something home-made?

Fantastic! Legba is a massive proponent of home-made gifts. He still has room for art on his wall, clothes in his shelf and throwrugs on his bed, to name but a few posibilities! He is also a notorious sadsap, and your gift will be cherrished for nigh on eternity.

PVtVn.gif
    Oh and get a job, hippie!

That's all well and good but isn't shipping internationally a pain in the bungaroo?

Yes, sadly it is. The main thing to remember when shipping internationally is to mark your package as GIFT on the declaration form, otherwise the recipient will have to pay an import tax of 25% of the value of the items within - and if those aren't marked, customs may decide to hold the package indefinetly while they figure out how much is owed. Boo, customs! Boo!

PklcA.png
    Customs agents are of course famous for the care they show unmarked packages.

This was a fantastic help! I'm going to send a gift straight away. Thank you, guide!

No, thank you. And happy holidays!

MHmmL.gif
    "I sent Legba a gift and now life is a non-stop party!"

Legba on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    My amazon wishlist is up to 11 pages now. I've been using it as a catch-all for stuff I want to remind myself to get whenever I get money or just as a bookmark to awesome shit since 2004. I still go through it and prune out old shit I don't want any more, but it's literally like 200+ things I think are fucking rad.

8406wWN.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I think that is just you saying that so we wont eat the most delicious organ in the animal kingdom.

Look, fatty goose liver is delicious and should be eaten.

But most animal livers are garbage.

Chicken liver is just plain no good.

I would literally rather eat chicken buttholes than chicken liver

and have opted for that choice multiple over the course of my life times when presented with the option.

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Chicken Feet :D

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »

In my experience, not worth the effort.

If eating frogs legs is anything like chicken feet, I will probably pass.

sarukun wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »

In my experience, not worth the effort.

If eating frogs legs is anything like chicken feet, I will probably pass.

Frog legs are nothing like chicken feet. Chicken feet are mostly collagen with hardly any muscle (not counting the bone).

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm currently wearing the very first secret satan gift I ever got, an Aquabats hoodie from @zerofill.

Satan idea edit:
    Heya Satan! Here are some things about myself that may aid in your quest!

I'm an avid musician, and I love guitar things. I have been working on my pedal collection, but only have 2 thus far.

I have many games, too many to list, but maybe go through Neville/swill/The_Rat if you need to ask me for ideas.

I'm really tall and really skinny, so most clothing won't fit. Even so, larges usually need to be taken in on the sides, and mediums can be a gamble, so I'll leave that up to you.

Thee Oh Sees is my favorite band, but I'm big into indie/garage rock tunes.

OH! And I like scotch!

Double oh! Also coffee! I have a hand grinder and a french press, but any other coffee accessories are thumbs up.

Wombat!! on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    YOUR liver is gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I had Foie Gras at a fancy french restaurant once

and it was gotdang delicious.

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Eating a frog leg takes the same amount of effort as eating a chicken leg. Although, the reasoning behind my not eating chicken legs does not stop me from eating frog legs. Less tendon, cartilage, gribbly bits, I guess.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Drink good booze to make yourself some good fois gras.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I have no desire to eat frog because I am not a great fan of anything that is marinaded in nature

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Never had frog legs, but you know what's surprisingly delicious? Snail.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Snail is like Butter and Garlic flavoured chewing gum.

it's a good thing.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i posted it back on my post but

Hallo Satan:
    I am Shazkar and I have a dumb forum name I made when I was 16 years old. Now I am 25, and I live in Brooklyn.

I like lots of things. I do not do much gift giving in my life, so any gifts are good and exciting - this is my first time participating in Satans!

Lesseee...

Here is an Amazon wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/10GXLD5C1FFNY it is hardly comprehensive, I can't say I've added a lot to it, but things from there would be cool, or even just using that as kind of a guideline to figure out things I might like. Use it as a suggestion list I suppose - anything from there would be good though.

You know what would be cool, is some cool art or decor or something - iIve lived in my apartment for 2 years and my walls are bare with the exception of the one snowboard on it (I've been too lazy to hang up the second)

This brings me to the fact that I really like snowboarding even though I am not very good and somewhat crippled myself doing it! I am excited for this year... though I am not sure what things I need. Cool face mask thing? Camera thing (in Amazon list)?

I started doing rock climbing like a month ago, though I own absolutely 0 gear (no shoes, no harness, nada), but it is fun. I've been going to Brooklyn Boulders on some 1 month Google offers, but it expires in November. I also like scuba diving and kayaking, though I can't think of things I'd want for those, as I don't get to do them very often...

I like to cook, though I am not very good at it. I basically cook 90% of what I cook out of one cast iron skillet, as that is the majority of the cookware I own (my roommates have some crappy pots and pans that I use sometimes too). That's all I really have though, and cool gadgets are cool. Meat is the best food, for me. I don't really bake or anything though. Cookbooks are cool, I only really own like one. I like food also, but, caveat is: peanut allergy. (Not deathly allergic, if it's processed in a factory with peanuts, that's okay, if it explicitly has peanuts... not so okay).

I drink tea, usually loose leaf, preferably green and sometimes oolong.

I have an iPad and a Kindle - if you've got a good book, eBook would be preferable unless it's something that has pretty pictures like a cook book or something.

Gifts that are unique and from wherever you are from would be verrrry cool. Homemade gifts are cool.

Video games: honestly, I own so many that i haven't even touched once thanks to steam sales and being busy with life, that it is not the best idea, but i am open to it if you have something cool. if you want to see what i have, shazkar is the steam name - also i have an xbox 360 (shazkar is the gamertag). i play dumb games on my iPhone sometimes.

Clothes: I wear men's size Small generally. I have an overabundance of t-shirts that I don't really wear, but if clothes are what you wanna give, probably not something overtly nerdy or something. Also, fly scarves are cool.

Random cool electronics are cool.

Ummmmm what else what else ummm.

poo
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Snail is like Butter and Garlic flavoured chewing gum.

it's a good thing.

but I only like cinnamon chewing gum. and you're not supposed to swallow gum!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    Whoa whoa whoa

frog legs are fucking delicious

and properly prepared, so are chicken livers

so many wrong opinions in here it's staggering

easysig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.