As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Santa!

The current discussion reminded me that I do love playing board games, BUT my group already has a pretty large pool of communal games. If you're going to get me a game, can you send proxy a message to check which games I already have access to?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Regarding board games, I'm married and thus have no friends to play board games with. So please don't get me board games.

Unless, much like Ice Mopper, you can magic me up some Christmas friends.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    People should play less Settlers and more Carcassonne

This.
    Carcassonne is so good, I own two copies of it. You know, for really big games.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Apologising now to my Santa, since about as soon as I signed up to participate, I ended up being given more work away from my computer, meaning my forum activity has dropped sharply. I also apologise to you for having to wade through endless pages of my nonsense, but that's another matter. Stalking is unimpeded, ideas are forming.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Santa has kindly requested that you check your email.
    Something about a gift? And it being send there two days ago?

Huh?... oh!

DR9US.gif

Oh gosh! I'm so, so sorry, @Elkatas! I have stuff from GOG set to be automatically marked as read in my inbox, so I didn't notice the e-mail! My face is as red as Santa's suit right now.

Anyway, holy cow. Elkatas dropped a classic PC gaming bomb on me!

AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG0_AllGames.jpg

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG1_GaberielKnight.jpg
    A 90s point and click Adventure that has escaped my grasp until now!

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG2_UltimaUnderworld.jpg
    Old school first person dungeon crawling!

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG3_AlphaCentauri.jpg
    This game looks intimidating!

Wing Commander 1 & 2
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG4_WingCommander.jpg
    The lack of a serial port to plug my old Gravis joystick into is now painfully obvious.

King of Dragon Pass
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG5_KingofDragonPass.jpg
    Crazy Wine. 'Nuff said.

Blood
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG6_Blood.jpg
    With the iffy quality of the Doom 3 BFG edition, I've been hankering for some 90s FPS action lately. :D

Cannon Fodder
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG7_Cannonfodder.jpg
    The title of this game is somewhat ominous!

I've been wanting to play Gabriel Knight and Blood for a very long time but never got around to it. I've been slowly working on a dungeon crawler parody in the vein of Ultima 1/Wizardry called Stinkwizard Mountain and I love the Wolfenstein/Doom RPGs on the iPhone, so Ultima Underworld has piqued my interest. I'm not as familiar with the others, but I can't wait to check them out!

Thanks so much, and I apologize again for the excruciating wait I probably caused you!

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Wait...GOG has Canon Fodder? I was just browsing their catalog for the first time this weekend to get Theme Hospital and didn't notice that...guess I know what I'm picking up next paycheck!

• Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    So I just realized I haven't really posted in a long time and I feel bad about that, so let me give some hints.

- Food
    - Local food
    - Board Games. My friends and I play a lot of board games (settlers, dominion, etc), but I own almost none of my own so anything would be good.
    - Any weird shit you can think of
    - My backlog of video games is pretty giant, but if you are stuck I do have a steam wishlist.

Dislikes:
    - No clothes please. I have way too many damn clothes. Seriously, it's a problem.

I'm honestly really easy to please. My friends and I used to buy each other random gift bags full of dollar store items for holidays and birthdays, so really I'm good with anything.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to squat here for the next couple of days. No one talk about the Election.

Unless they're talking about the Alexander Payne movie. Good movie right?

You know, that movie came out when I was about...9 or 10, according to Wikipedia. I saw it when I was around that age on home video, and always found it peculiar.

But you know what isn't peculiar?

KKqO7.jpg

Thanks! I'm actually...between computers right now as well, but I should be gaining semi-permanent to permanent access to one in a few days. Right now I've been borrowing my roommate's computer.

Soon I will be all of the Goslings.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    People should play less Settlers and more Carcassonne

This.
    Carcassonne is so good, I own two copies of it. You know, for really big games.

It is the best gateway-game I own. I have never meet people who didn't like it, so it is my goto game for when people see my shelf of designer board games and ask if we can play one of them.
    Pandemic and Dixit are also very good, but they have been hit or miss with some groups. And I just bought Hey, Thats my fish, but I haven't tried it yet. So that should keep me covered when it comes to quick gateway games :P

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    On board games, if anyone is shopping for a family this year Forbidden Island is wonderful as it's a coop game so you either all win or all lose together. It's really fun. http://www.amazon.com/Gamewright-317-Forbidden-Island/dp/B003D7F4YY/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1352230747&sr=1-1&keywords=forbidden+island

Additionally, if you have a younger kid Magic Labyrinth is great - it can be a different game every time you play and the actual board with its hidden maze is extremely clever http://www.amazon.com/The-Magic-Labyrinth-Board-Game/dp/B003RDJYMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352230731&sr=8-1&keywords=magic+labyrinth

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Oh shit! Temporary brain outage and a bunch of other things made this slip my mind! The stalking has begun!

May we all be embarrassingly intoxicated by Christmas cheer!

Now, I hunt

...and catch up on the thread.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Ok. Got back and spruced up my gift post with some screenshots and made me image filenames a little more organized for when Hypatia has to upload them to flickr :D

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    FYI: Evernote is the greatest stalking tool ever. Instant access to your stalking notes at any time makes it easy to shop! :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    How long was that? About an hour?

Not only am I caught up on the thread, but I have the perfect gift for my santee.

I will still be stalking though. I am not satisfied with this one thing I think you will love. No, it must be enhanced. It must be so good it can only be delivered via smuggled orifice.

Only then, will you receive your prize (likely at body temperature).

8yuoe8.jpg

steam_sig.png

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    I think I may of finally figured out at least part of a gift for my Santee. Somehow it feels lacking though. How do you shop for someone that seemingly has anything they could want? And no, I am not crafty.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I think I may of finally figured out at least part of a gift for my Santee. Somehow it feels lacking though. How do you shop for someone that seemingly has anything they could want? And no, I am not crafty.

Give them something they don't know they need? With my gift I've taken a chance, and thrown a English spin on it but followed up with a safety gift in case its not their cup of tea (pun intended :P)

Prime on
  • Options
    Kias wrote: »
    How long was that? About an hour?

Not only am I caught up on the thread, but I have the perfect gift for my santee.

I will still be stalking though. I am not satisfied with this one thing I think you will love. No, it must be enhanced. It must be so good it can only be delivered via smuggled orifice.

Only then, will you receive your prize (likely at body temperature).

8yuoe8.jpg

HeGimmeDaWatch

steam_sig.png

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Santa has kindly requested that you check your email.
    Something about a gift? And it being send there two days ago?

Huh?... oh!

DR9US.gif

Oh gosh! I'm so, so sorry, @Elkatas! I have stuff from GOG set to be automatically marked as read in my inbox, so I didn't notice the e-mail! My face is as red as Santa's suit right now.

Anyway, holy cow. Elkatas dropped a classic PC gaming bomb on me!

AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG0_AllGames.jpg

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG1_GaberielKnight.jpg
    A 90s point and click Adventure that has escaped my grasp until now!

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG2_UltimaUnderworld.jpg
    Old school first person dungeon crawling!

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG3_AlphaCentauri.jpg
    This game looks intimidating!

Wing Commander 1 & 2
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG4_WingCommander.jpg
    The lack of a serial port to plug my old Gravis joystick into is now painfully obvious.

King of Dragon Pass
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG5_KingofDragonPass.jpg
    Crazy Wine. 'Nuff said.

Blood
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG6_Blood.jpg
    With the iffy quality of the Doom 3 BFG edition, I've been hankering for some 90s FPS action lately. :D

Cannon Fodder
    AaronKI-2012-11-06-GOG7_Cannonfodder.jpg
    The title of this game is somewhat ominous!

I've been wanting to play Gabriel Knight and Blood for a very long time but never got around to it. I've been slowly working on a dungeon crawler parody in the vein of Ultima 1/Wizardry called Stinkwizard Mountain and I love the Wolfenstein/Doom RPGs on the iPhone, so Ultima Underworld has piqued my interest. I'm not as familiar with the others, but I can't wait to check them out!

Thanks so much, and I apologize again for the excruciating wait I probably caused you!

Nice! The gift of classic gaming is always awesome.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Prime wrote: »

Give them something they don't know they need? With my gift I've taken a chance, and thrown a English spin on it but followed up with a safety gift in case its not their cup of tea (pun intended :P)

Additionally, you can look at what they like and pick one of your favorite things that you think would mesh well with their interests. Or maybe that's the same thing as giving them something they don't know they need.

And like Prime said, throw in a helping of your local flavor. Even if you live in boring old America, you're certain to have some interesting things that are exclusive to your slice of the county... or even your slice of the state! Look around for local orchards, bakeries, and candy shops. Or maybe you have an odd product that's manufactured nearby or can only be found in your region.

Even if you're not crafty, you can try making some goofy letters and/or custom stationary based around your Santee's favorite game/show/whatever to add some flavor to the package. (this is my go-to thing since I'm not very good at art, but fairly decent at editing things in photoshop)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just in case @Hypatia isn't reading Twitter, @noir_blood says he is not my Santa but just wanted to pass along some Hotline Miami.

So no need to be updating that gift wall just yet!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Or am I? Maybe I'm just playing the long con.

• Options
    Or am I? Maybe I'm just playing the long con.

Well that's why I said you "said" you weren't my Santa. Just in case.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Skyrim for $35 on Amazon, all platforms.

This makes it difficult to not purchase so as not to upset the Santa-Time continuum.
    But alas, the monies need to go other places...like to my own santee!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Christmas movies, turns out that Christmas Story 2 trailer floating about a few months ago was real. I found a copy at Wal Mart today.

Gross.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Santee, you do not post very much. As such, you will be getting super rad stuff you never asked for and you will like it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cornell002 wrote: »
    Speaking of Christmas movies, turns out that Christmas Story 2 trailer floating about a few months ago was real. I found a copy at Wal Mart today.

Gross.

Christmas Prankz with Cornell002. Always a such a joker!

*plugs ears*.. Fa la la la la, la la la la..

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I'll throw out a big list of stuff for my Santa since I mostly post snarky replies or game deals and that's no good for stalkin'
    Random things that interest me:

Game Of Thrones
    Graphics novels that aren't about superheroes
    Detroit sports (Tigers, Red Wings, Lions)
    Interesting coffee mugs
    Star Wars
    Pop culture art
    Cool coasters
    Funny baby toys
    Art books about movies or game series I love
    Predator masks
    Awesome t-shirts (size XL)
    Whiskey

Family:
    Wife (age not given), wants classic films on Blu-ray. We keep a current list of titles owned
    Daughter (11), into most geek stuff, board games, loves Adventure Time/Regular Show.
    Son (18 months), loves baths, blocks, and guacamole.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular

Gross.

After that trailer, I don't think I'd watch the movie even if it was given to me. Ouch.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Gift Get!

p6vQo.jpg

Seems that my Santa has revealed himself. Sent me a beta access voucher to Airmech, and a copy of Hitman: Blood Money!

heard alot of good things about Airmech, and never have played Hitman, but always wanted to (especially after seeing the stuff for Absolution)

Thanks!

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

Gross.

After that trailer, I don't think I'd watch the movie even if it was given to me. Ouch.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see it.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Looking like I'm gonna need the help of proxxy. Not cool.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Man it's been so long since I've been here. But now I have my santee so let the stalking COMMENCE!

also my new Darunia avatar requires a hat. Maybe holding a candy cane.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    First one I've done this year!

darunia106hatted.png

e: Hrm... picfu fail.

e2: Picfu success!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Who can (and is willing to) Christmasy up my avatar? Giant robots need Christmas love too.

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Skyrim for $35 on Amazon, all platforms.

This makes it difficult to not purchase so as not to upset the Santa-Time continuum.
    But alas, the monies need to go other places...like to my own santee!

I have Skyrim on 2 platforms now. I don't want it on the PS3 though. It would be like having a puppy with no legs.

Hey Santa, I *have* a 3DS, but my girlfriend has practically abducted it, and has starting getting games on her own... so maybe dangerous territory at the moment. Proxy me if you want to verify what I have.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hm, apparently the postman delivered a parcel earlier today while I was out..gonna head to the post office soon to pick it up.
    Early present or a severed finger of a loved one sent by someone trying to blackmail me? We'll see.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    So are people posting straight away? Seems a little early to me? But if thats the thing I'll pop it in the post as mines done. Was planning to post it around the last week of November.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Think the only rule is make sure it gets there before the last day of December, but nothing more beyond that.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I have a PS Vita, and also probably need room for games to download. I currently own Fifa 13, Madden 13, LBP, Katamari and some digital stuffs. I also love me some Steam. Don't think I'll be too hard to find info for. STEAM thread or chat would prove that.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    So as it turns out, my Santee can already find out exactly who I am, and what part of my gift is.

It is not finished. Don't find out.

You have been warned.