As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Ya, mainly what DaemonSadi said. Also my first 80 was a guardian, and I got there somewhat shortly after the game launched... he was my farming character for a long time there. Just went around in MF gear and farmed events/gathered materials. I took massive amounts of mithril and wood, then made rare greatswords. Did the 4x forge thing and sold the exotics while hoping for a precursor. Never got the precursor, but I did get some decent exotics with more expensive skins.

So I made a base amount of gold that way. Then I moved it to my wifes account (she really never plays). So on my laptop I have the game open on that account, and do crap on the trade post.

Farming is still a good way to make gold though, yesterday I think I made around 30 gold grinding. I did get lucky with the forge... I put in 4 random rares and got an exotic dagger skin that sold for 10g.

So some of it is luck... but most of it is just patience. Very few people can flip trade post crap and make a 100g instantly. I have never done that. But if you can buy a ton of stuff and make a silver off each thing, with no effort other than sitting an extra account at the trade post... its profit. Even with lots of gold, I think the precursor situation is absolutely shit. I got the hammer for 250g... the normal price is like 350. Its just nonsense and I hope those rumors of recipes for them are true.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Can I buy shares in Badwrong Capital?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Gratz bad!

Thanks, I will be drippin that silvery sauce on you when I see you.... j/k

Congrats on your Jizzernaut, buddy!

• Options
    ....so that name is gonna stick huh?

lol

I also like the epicmealtime reference, "Drippin' dat, SAWCE!"

Showed my buddy at work the hammer in my twitch video... he called me a one man bukakae squad... I guess all our minds go right to the gutter when its gobs of flowing liquid.
    And of course one thing thats really noticable, when its sheathed its smaller... and when I take it out it gets bigger in my hands... so roll with that if you want... :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    CULLING FIXED NEXT PATCH?

Also, Precursors can drop from wuvwuv jumping puzzle chests.

INTERESTING!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Ya... one thing that kept me going for grinding was thinking "every mob I kill can drop a precursor..."
    Of course that never happened, but its not impossible.

So jumping puzzle chests, Orr chests/mobs... they do drop. Just wtf drop rate...

Badwrong on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    CULLING FIXED NEXT PATCH?

Also, Precursors can drop from wuvwuv jumping puzzle chests.

INTERESTING!

Jumping Krewe assemble!

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    ATTENTION TO ALL FRIDAY NIGHT WUVWUVERS

Matchup change over is NOT effected by daylight savings and, as such, occur 1 hour earlier in regions that are effected by DST.

Source

This is bad news for me as I will BARELY get home in time to log in for this.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    ATTENTION TO ALL FRIDAY NIGHT WUVWUVERS

Matchup change over is NOT effected by daylight savings and, as such, occur 1 hour earlier in regions that are effected by DST.

Source

This is bad news for me as I will BARELY get home in time to log in for this.

Thats terrible. So west coasters are just screwed into queue hell?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Unless you're in AZ I guess?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Still spvp tonight? Looking forward to it.

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    So it looks like all the guilds that jumped onto Blackgate have moved over to SBI, since it's #1.

Honestly, I can't recall any time in my life when I've been happier to be losing at something.

• Options
    Dare we hope anet finds a way to reward guilds that have stuck it out with their servers instead of bandwagoning to the winning servers every week?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Dare we hope anet finds a way to reward guilds that have stuck it out with their servers instead of bandwagoning to the winning servers every week?

That would be cool.

FA 4 LYFE FOOLS!

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    So it looks like all the guilds that jumped onto Blackgate have moved over to SBI, since it's #1.

Honestly, I can't recall any time in my life when I've been happier to be losing at something.

Link? Because SBI has been full for a month, and is extremely difficult to get into. It'd be hard to believe a lot of bandwagoneers would be able to jump ship.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    2 Gifts of Exploration GET!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Who here has tried out the Combat Mode Mod?

Just heard about this today and I am intrigued!

• Options

Ummm don't try it.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

Ummm don't try it.

Well there is atleast confirmation that that post is NOT entirely correct. ANet is not against all 3rd party mods. Only if they give players an explicit advantage. Whther this fits into that is questionable... so I shall wait a bit long I think.

• Options
    Who's next in line for a legendary in the guild?

I think Teldra? was saying they were getting close?

Anyone else in the running? And what are you shooting for? I forget what Teldra said... If no one else is in the general running maybe I'll be third place with Bolt... Maybe...

• Options
    I use Combat Mode. Dig it. If you play a class with lots of targeted AoE's, it's amazing.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    I don't have enough money for it. I could get all the other stuff eventually but I'm not really making any money so no legendary for me

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Although I have no plans to go for a legendary weapon, I could use the help of like-minded folks whom desire gear from explorable Arah. If you are interested in a somewhat regular run nightly for the next few weeks, let me know so we can try to arrange a schedule.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I plan on going for one eventually, although in reality I'm just starting. Ask me again in 3 weeks!

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Although I have no plans to go for a legendary weapon, I could use the help of like-minded folks whom desire gear from explorable Arah. If you are interested in a somewhat regular run nightly for the next few weeks, let me know so we can try to arrange a schedule.

I would be interested in this Gong, need 260 more tokens from Arah.

• Options
    edited November 2012

I have no interest in the gear but would totally come along because I like seeing the different paths and I have never seen an Arah run through to the end. So feel free to hit me up. All I'm doing right now is farming karma and getting back into the wuvs since I have the rest of my legendary stuff handled (mostly).

Oh and I think the GF actually has some gear she wants from there so if you see Buffie online feel free to ask her she may want to go.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    @Varg and @DaemonSadi
    What time EST would be most convenient for either of you?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    @Varg and @DaemonSadi
    What time EST would be most convenient for either of you?

Hmmm, well I work M-F until 5 EST. This week I'm actually off tomorrow, Friday and next Monday so I should be around during the day a bit. Besides that my evenings fluctuate a lot. Weekends I'm usually around most afternoons and late nights.

• Options

Ummm don't try it.

Well there is atleast confirmation that that post is NOT entirely correct. ANet is not against all 3rd party mods. Only if they give players an explicit advantage. Whther this fits into that is questionable... so I shall wait a bit long I think.

This was later clarified. Combat mode is ok.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    I'm up for regular Arah runs too, i've done a couple of speed runs for path 3 now and a few other paths halfway. It always seems to take too long to get to lupicus if you stop to clear trash.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I use Combat Mode. Dig it. If you play a class with lots of targeted AoE's, it's amazing.

Just don't be surprised if your account gets suspended.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Wishpig wrote: »
    Waiting an hour beats waiting a week.

Not waiting at all beats waiting an hour.

When I open GW 2, that's whan I want to play it. In an hour, my fiancee and I might have decided to go out, or I might be having dinner, or I might just want to go to sleep.

MMO queues are dumb. It makes sense in something like an FPS because hey, people get bored quickly or change servers to be on a winning team or whatever. In an MMO, people stay logged in for longer, which generally means that on a popular server, you don't get to play when you want to.

If friends really want to play together, organise jumping to a new server.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

as long as combat mode isn't actually pressing buttons for you, it isn't against the terms of use. there were comments on the boards from ANet folks saying that you can use the basic combat mode mod.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I got teamspeak set up finally after my reformat. My previous Guild is all but dead in the water right now. Playing completely solo all the time isn't very fun. If I switch to Aspenwood server is joining still possible?

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Wishpig wrote: »
    Waiting an hour beats waiting a week.

Not waiting at all beats waiting an hour.

When I open GW 2, that's whan I want to play it. In an hour, my fiancee and I might have decided to go out, or I might be having dinner, or I might just want to go to sleep.

MMO queues are dumb. It makes sense in something like an FPS because hey, people get bored quickly or change servers to be on a winning team or whatever. In an MMO, people stay logged in for longer, which generally means that on a popular server, you don't get to play when you want to.

If friends really want to play together, organise jumping to a new server.

Most MMOs don't have overflow technology so queues are also a result of trying to maintain a minimum population level for the server to be really playable on off-hours.

• Options

AGAIN> Anet clarified that combat mode was ok.

The first Anet responder on the issue was a lowbie and misspoke.

From the mod maker -
    Is Combat Mode Legal?

Forum Mods have said in the past that all 3rd party mods are illegal, however this is not the case. As Gaile Gray, a dev at Arena Net explains here. Its not that they dont approve of mods, its that they dont have the time and resources to approve of each specific mod, and dont want to be held responsible if a mod has malicious code and something goes wrong.

Mods are not allowed if they alter game files, or automate any action. Combat Mode does neither of these, it just alters the keys your mouse sends to the game client, and every click performs a 1:1 action in game. Mods that give the user and advantage are also illegal, but as many have pointed out, Combat Mode gives a slight disadvantage if anything, as you cant put Ground target abilities out of LoS or directly behind your character.

Anet employee Gaile's direct response - VH0Nf.png

Stop spreading mis-information- combat mod is OK.

• Options
    CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    Should I bring my thief or ele to guild sPvP. Hmmm......

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Feldorn wrote: »

as long as combat mode isn't actually pressing buttons for you, it isn't against the terms of use. there were comments on the boards from ANet folks saying that you can use the basic combat mode mod.

Combat Mode is pressing buttons.
    Combat Mode 1.0 basically holds your right mouse button down for you, and it puts an “o” like aim sight above your character, using auto-target and fast cast aoes.

Straight from an Anet representative.
    Hi,

Indeed, as Cheiron said, this programm can be assimilated as a third party one, and therefore is not allowed on our game.

Please note that utilisation of third party software can lead to a definitive suspension of your account.

Now that the answer has been given, I will close this thread.

I mean, go nuts if you want ot use it. Just don't get upset if it leads to an account suspension.

-Loki- on
  • Options

I won't be.

However, I'm not ranger botting, I'm not exploiting karma weapons, I'm not exploiting mystic forge recipes, and I've spent nearly $100 on gems since launch. I guess if they want to suspend my account, I can spend money somewhere else.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I have no idea how any of those exploits actually work

not that I'm asking for the information, of course

just saying that I am generally oblivious to the underbelly of MMO-ing

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
This discussion has been closed.