As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I use Combat Mode. Dig it. If you play a class with lots of targeted AoE's, it's amazing.

Just don't be surprised if your account gets suspended.

I won't be.

However, I'm not ranger botting, I'm not exploiting karma weapons, I'm not exploiting mystic forge recipes, and I've spent nearly $100 on gems since launch. I guess if they want to suspend my account, I can spend money somewhere else.

Those aren't their only concerns. By your own words
    I use Combat Mode. Dig it. If you play a class with lots of targeted AoE's, it's amazing.

Making a class easier to play is also considered to be 'an unfair advantage'. The game is meant to be a level playing field, particularly PvP. This is the reason they'd look at suspending an account using this mod.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    hey guys, been out of the game for a month or so. any big changes or anything since? when I last played, there was lots of talk about dungeon difficulty and mobs being overtuned and rewards being bad.

Are you the magic man?
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I just realized what I like about World vs World, and what it reminds me of.

When I was a little kid, about six years old, at my elementary school playground we'd have these huge "battles." Obviously there were no actual fights, because doing so would get you put in time-out (I was in time-out a lot, because I had a habit of just straight-up punching kids, but that's another story) but we'd do this sort of tag thing, and X number of tags meant you were captured and had to go sit in the "cage" which was guarded by your team. You could, of course, break out, but it was considered unsporting. I didn't give a shit.

Anyway the part that reminds me of wuvwuv though is that we considered the various monkey bars and jungle gyms and whatever to be "forts," and once you'd tagged out enough dudes you'd camp the fort, and often kids would send these huge sieges of like ten or twenty kids if they could get them to swarm you and that was when everyone got time'd out by the playground monitors because No Fun Allowed.

So yeah. Wuvwuv feels like a giant elementary school playground battle, in the best possible way.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular

I won't be.

However, I'm not ranger botting, I'm not exploiting karma weapons, I'm not exploiting mystic forge recipes, and I've spent nearly $100 on gems since launch. I guess if they want to suspend my account, I can spend money somewhere else.

Those aren't their only concerns. By your own words

Making a class easier to play is also considered to be 'an unfair advantage'. The game is meant to be a level playing field, particularly PvP. This is the reason they'd look at suspending an account using this mod.

I doesn't make a class easier to play, it just keeps the mouse in a predictable area for targeting AoE's. The same thing can be done without the software, it just saves me fatigue from holding the right mouse button for hours on end.

Irregardless, if they feel the need to throw out bans for this when they can't even keep their house clean of botters, it's no hair off my ass. I've gotten 300 hours of the game, I can move on.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    irregardless is not a word

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Refer a friend trial is coming for the lost shore weekend?

Yep: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Refer-a-Friend-Free-Trial-is-Coming

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

as long as combat mode isn't actually pressing buttons for you, it isn't against the terms of use. there were comments on the boards from ANet folks saying that you can use the basic combat mode mod.

Combat Mode is pressing buttons.
    Combat Mode 1.0 basically holds your right mouse button down for you, and it puts an “o” like aim sight above your character, using auto-target and fast cast aoes.

Straight from an Anet representative.
    Hi,

Indeed, as Cheiron said, this programm can be assimilated as a third party one, and therefore is not allowed on our game.

Please note that utilisation of third party software can lead to a definitive suspension of your account.

Now that the answer has been given, I will close this thread.

I mean, go nuts if you want ot use it. Just don't get upset if it leads to an account suspension.

Either you're blind, or you are the kind of person that ignores facts right in front of you to continue trying to prove your point. The idiot who said that in response to the question? Low-grade grunt who just works the forums, when the creator of the mod actually gets a response from a Dev that can be NAMED? I'll take their response instead.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

I'm afraid you're wrong, "irregardless" is a perfectly cromulent word.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »

I'm afraid you're wrong, "irregardless" is a perfectly cromulent word.

I see what you did there.

Glad to see this thread hasn't changed, people tripping over themselves trying to argue with one another over inane stuff while questions about the game go unanswered.

Are you the magic man?
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Glad to see this thread hasn't changed, people tripping over themselves trying to argue with one another over inane stuff while questions about the game go unanswered.

Dungeon difficulty is across the board still. Still a lot of stuff that needs to be toned down (mainly in HP though). Plenty of runs that are actually enjoyable though, and at least a couple I'd call simple enough for farming (AC's Ghost Eater route is good for this - if it weren't for that damned captain with his pull and slay shenanigans it'd be a perfect place to teach people)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Nobody fights that captain; everyone just runs straight past him on all paths.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Polaritie wrote: »

Dungeon difficulty is across the board still. Still a lot of stuff that needs to be toned down (mainly in HP though). Plenty of runs that are actually enjoyable though, and at least a couple I'd call simple enough for farming (AC's Ghost Eater route is good for this - if it weren't for that damned captain with his pull and slay shenanigans it'd be a perfect place to teach people)

Thanks. I had been trying to find any dev comments on difficulty and lack of reward as far as drops and stuff go for dungeons to no avail.

Are you the magic man?
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Or they fight him for that bloody waypoint.

He's not that bad; you just need to know the tell for his pull-and-spin attack, and dodge accordingly.

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Captain Scorpion Wire of Catacombs is not as bad as everyone says.

And once you're at 80 and have decent gear exploreables are (IMO) about right. Sometimes a group doing one for the first time will hit a brick wall, but if you have one that's more experienced they go much more smoothly.

However, I do think some of the bosses are too HP-spongy.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Thanks. I had been trying to find any dev comments on difficulty and lack of reward as far as drops and stuff go for dungeons to no avail.

The drops have been adressed. They said they are "very disappointed" in the general drops in dungeons and plan on an improvement. The last major patch they stated that these changes didn't make it into that last patch, but should be soon. Seems like Nov 15th might be most likely when we see them.

I also think its kind of funny that after a single response to his question you all nosedived RIGHT into said discussion/arguements already 8->

Dont worry Frei, I asked something last page that never got answered either. But I found the answer in game so it was K.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Captain Scorpion Wire of Catacombs is not as bad as everyone says.

And once you're at 80 and have decent gear exploreables are (IMO) about right. Sometimes a group doing one for the first time will hit a brick wall, but if you have one that's more experienced they go much more smoothly.

However, I do think some of the bosses are too HP-spongy.

Frankly, I had FUN with Captain Scorpion Wire as an Engineer rocking the Shield. It's super fun to hit the Reflect back at him once you get the hang of predicting the attack.

It's the traps in that dungeon that I can't bloody stand.

Speaking of, anyone wanna do some AC, CM, or TA (story only for now, too low level at present for explorable) runs with me tomorrow for phat points towards the monthly?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Hey did the Spvp thing happen? Where I live lost power this afternoon...

• AyeJayeAyeJaye Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

He's not that bad; you just need to know the tell for his pull-and-spin attack, and dodge accordingly.

Or kite him into the legendary troll and make them kill each other. That was fun.

delicious.
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I had one group of people for AC explorable who insisted that we need to kill Kohler because it will increase the speed of our runs since we could use the waypoint. 6-7 minutes of boss killing vs 30 seconds of walking?

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Combat Mode 1.0 basically holds your right mouse button down for you, and it puts an “o” like aim sight above your character, using auto-target and fast cast aoes.
    So, if I'm reading it right, it gives you mouselook and targets the center of the reticule?
    God, that'd make the Grenade kit so much less annoying to use.

[edit] What does "this program can be assimilated as a third party one" actually mean?

Glal on
  • fyastarterfyastarter Registered User regular
    He's actually pretty easy. Just makes sure you have a stun break. If you miss a dodge, pop it and roll!

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    AyeJaye wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »

Or kite him into the legendary troll and make them kill each other. That was fun.

I blew a pug's mind with that one the other night. They thought I hacked the dungeon or something. It was adorable.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular

A little bit. We didn't get a full server, so eventually randoms showed up. Was fun though. I had to leave to help clear temple of balthazaar.

I really hope we can get more interest in sPVP.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah we need at least 14 to really feel like a guild deal. I did enjoy repeat killing a random 100b warrior and making some Necro rage quit.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I'll tell you, my second time through the story mode dungeons on my alt was almost like I was playing a different game. It's amazing what you learn leveling up that you didn't know the first time. I found most of the story mode dungeons were actually pretty pedastrian on my second-play through, after literally "learning to play" GW2.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Moving on...

Now that I've got 100% exploration it's time to focus on dungeon running and WvW.

And the joys of trying to find a build i like for each.

May focus on some sort of Elixir gun build for dungeons, although that probably isn't very effective for WvW.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    Maybe it's because every AC group I join has at least one new player, but other than Hodgin's path, I never end up skipping Kholer.
    Perhaps PUGs formed in LA will skip most of the dungeon, but that sounds like a terrible idea if people are still learning

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So I purchased the game. I got on this morning after getting the download last night. Figured I'd just take a look a the character options before work. But Fort Aspenwood was showing as full. At 8:30am EST 0_0. I'm guessing they don't do a concurrent user thing in this game? Cause damn, I guess that means I can't ever play with PA or my RL bud who made a character on that server. That, sort of blows. And the world choice message implied that you couldn't make characters on multiple servers.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Greatsword wielding Warrior, great success.

I am enjoying it much more than my Elementalist.

Thanks GW2 thread!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    cptrugged wrote: »
    So I purchased the game. I got on this morning after getting the download last night. Figured I'd just take a look a the character options before work. But Fort Aspenwood was showing as full. At 8:30am EST 0_0. I'm guessing they don't do a concurrent user thing in this game? Cause damn, I guess that means I can't ever play with PA or my RL bud who made a character on that server. That, sort of blows. And the world choice message implied that you couldn't make characters on multiple servers.

Before we get into all of this again, your best bet is to make a character on another server and just wait it out. Eventually you'll be able to transfer over, since transferring is free for the foreseeable future.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I have half of the needed 750 ori bars, 50/250 ectos, all 100 mystic coins and the eldricth gift.... so close to the GD sword but so far......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZpGw4Q8l1w

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Speaking of, anyone wanna do some AC, CM, or TA (story only for now, too low level at present for explorable) runs with me tomorrow for phat points towards the monthly?

Yup! I'm level 42ish and would love to get in and start doing some of these story modes. If you see Velrich Leway online when you hit these up ping me :)

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »

Before we get into all of this again, your best bet is to make a character on another server and just wait it out. Eventually you'll be able to transfer over, since transferring is free for the foreseeable future.

Ah cool, that's no problem then. The world choice message said there would be a fee for transferring to other worlds. Guessing they've waived that fee. Nice.

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    So question for those who have high level Warriors ...

What's warrior mobility like at endgame? I rolled one as an alt, but compared to my Guardian, he feels soooo slow and immobile. My Guardian teleports, charges and speed buffs all over the place, but so far my Warrior only has his warhorn, some GS stuff that's pretty lackluster and my bull charge that's also not so great.

Does it get better?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Sword leap + warhorn = near permanent WHEEEEEEEE

I take GS too just for extra runfast, sometimes.

But yeah that's about it.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

@Frei While I understand that you wanted some information, it doesn't put you in the right to take digs at other people and their conversations. Please do not come into this thread and feel entitled to an answer immediately; somebody, more than likely, will answer your question in time depending on a number of factors (knowledgeable person online, has time to make a post, consideration for volume of information or link requests). If you think it got buried, re-post it. You're posts were not even 3 hours apart before you made those comments.

@Kai_San please do not exacerbate the situation with comments like these.
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Dont worry Frei, I asked something last page that never got answered either.

It was pretty minimal turnout for what a real practice session would be and there was some distraction by folks wanting Balthazar temple open as well. I want to get some more tournaments run, but I'm going to insist on teaming up with experienced sPvP players for those. I'm thinking that next week or the week after I will start putting a group together for regular free (eventually even paid) tourneys. I'm going to be an elitist jerk about it too; your build/role has to fit into the party because 5 glass cannons and 5 tanky-tankertons aren't going to win (though tanky-tankerteam has a better chance lululululz).

Or you can just use all the banners and never run out of swiftness. I rarely use waypoints unless its to get to a specific region, rather than just a zone.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

Have you seen @Badwrong and his movement rotation? It's pretty boss and I can get like 70% of it consistently.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »

Have you seen @Badwrong and his movement rotation? It's pretty boss and I can get like 70% of it consistently.

Check this video at 1:21:00 http://www.twitch.tv/dr_pepper_addiction/b/338360715
    Thats the basic rotation. There are ways to make it a bit faster, but ya thats how it looks pretty much.

I actually swap wrong at the end near the tower, you wanna put the horn and GS on with hammer out, so it swaps right back without having to equip shield. With practice though, I use the rotation seconds before I engage in combat, sometime I catch people that I normally wouldnt be able to.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.