As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• MaywindMaywind Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Beezel wrote: »
    Maywind wrote: »
    So I cleaned up the OP a bit. Got rid of the .ini tweaks since they do not work anymore.
    Anything else I need to be adding?

Maybe you could mention the enchanting patch? After the patch, enchanting is far more tolerable and is actually not bad now.
    So I got to 58 and the game is suddenly fun n breezy again? What happen?

Level 58 used to be old level cap, so the zones leading to that like Elenea and Habere are a major pain in the behind because the mobs have so much hp. The moment you hit level 58, you're eligible for Pathfinders and the mobs hereafter have less hp and are a breeze. :)

Actually I need to link to a whole guide about how enchanting and masterworking work now along with that information. There was a .jpg floating around in the old thread that broke it down simple like but damned if I can't find it now. Anyone wanna toss me a bone here?

Here's something: http://tera-europe.com/guides/enchantment-guide.html

It doesn't cover masterworking, however. Normal enigmatic gears can only be enchanted up to +9. However, for any enigmatic gear piece that doesn't say "Cannot be made into masterwork" on the bottom of its stats pop-up, you can masterwork it (enchant up to +12). You'll have to use a Master Enigmatic Scroll to seal the item and an Intricate Identification Scroll to unseal it to reveal the stats. The chance to masterwork an item is pretty low (3%), so you'll have to keep on sealing and identifying using Master Enigmatic Scroll and Intricate Identification Scroll until you proc the masterwork. You'll know you successfully masterworked when the item name changes from "Sword of Doom" to "Masterwork Sword of Doom". Once the item is masterworked, you can only use Master Enigmatic Scroll and Intricate Identification Scroll to reroll the stats. To enchant a masterwork +10 to +12, you'll need to use the pink Master Alkahest.

Since the enchanting patch, people generally use the following colored fodders for the specific enchantment levels:

+1 to +3: white fodder
    +4 to +6: green fodder
    +7 to +9: blue fodder
    +10 to +12: gold fodder

However, you have to remember despite the enchanting improvements, RNG is still RNG. It's entirely possible to be super unlucky and fail a couple times in a row even if you use gold fodder and at the same time, I know a guildie who +12ed his weapon using a green fodder.

Maywind on
    Steam: Maywind
    Tera: Cutie, Cutiepie on Tempest Reach
  • jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Triple post. Sorry.

jinkumabuta on
    edited November 2012
    Triple post. Sorry.

jinkumabuta on
    This might be the picture you remember:
    1334537791_Luxing_Legendary_Gear_-_Flowchart.png
    The long version is kinda complicated.

First off, if you want to masterwork something, make sure it can be masterworked (has to be enigmatic enchantable and not have a little label in fine print that says "cannot be made into a masterwork"). Next you have two ways of going at it; you can either use the blue Master Enigmatic Scrolls (obtained from most end game dungeon last boss as well as level 58 dungeons like ebon tower, labyrinth of terror, sky garden...etc) and the green Intrinsic Identification Scrolls (from any vendor for 50g) and identify/unidentify over and over until it turns into a masterwork.

Be warned that this can be as expensive as the down payment on a yatch if you aren't lucky and it takes hundreds of scroll sets to get it. Lucky folks have been known to pop MW in as little as one scroll but I personally know someone who used 370+ sets on his queen gloves, which at current market price would be about 125000 gold worth and which is also more gold than you would need to buy something pre-masterworked and enchanted. Obviously, you want to chose carefully what you want to masterwork to +12 as it'd not be worth your time to improve just any random item. At this point I wouldn't do it for anything less than a queen set since the abyss set at +9 is more than enough to farm queen hard mode.

Now the ghetto method is to use the regular white Identification Scrolls and Enigmatic Scrolls and go for the 0.3% chance to get it. Note that while those are much cheaper (about 5.5gold a set), it will also take anywhere from 600 to well over 2000 sets to pop masterwork even if you are lucky. This method can actually turn into savings in most cases according to professional theorycrafters but it'll also take you hours of clicking on scrolls repeatedly. Some people have reported that their success rate with blue scrolls are systematically improved after blowing 1000+ white scrolls on an item; take that as you will since there's little proof.

As for enchanting, you need to use a material from vendors called alkhest (you need one for each tier the item is per attempt, so 13 per try if your item is Tier13) plus one other item of the same tier and type (so for instance if you are enchanting a tier13 wand, you need a tier13 weapon to sacrifice). The alkhest comes in 3 flavors, the white ones only being useable until +6, the green ones only usable until +9 and the pink ones required for anything above until +12. The quality of the items you sacrifice (or fodders as most people call them) also need to be increased as the enchantment level increases; white items should be used until +4 (or all the way to 6 if you have a lot of them), greens/blues til +6, blues and orange til +9 and pretty much only orange to +12 (though the rate for blues has been increased recently).

Beware that enchanting is also potentially an extremely expensive activity. The green and pink ones are available from the vanarch specialty vendors and cost 20 and 30 gold respectively and will add up to exorbitant sums of gold very quickly even if you are lucky to have a group that can run queen and give you 5 orange fodders a day... If you don't, tier 14 orange fodders can cost as much as 1300 a piece on the broker. Thankfully, nexus traverse, ac hard mode and queen normal still provide enough fodders to keep you going.

Both of these can be incredibly frustrating because when you fail, you make massive amounts of gold disappear without anything to show for it. But don't get discouraged as everyone ends up going through the same deal and no one is lucky/unlucky forever.
    Good luck, you'll probably need it.

Whoah! I typed a huge wall of text about masterworking and enchanting and somehow it's all gone despite the site saving drafts. Fiddle sticks.

As a consolation, here's the picture you might have been thinking of:
    1334537791_Luxing_Legendary_Gear_-_Flowchart.png

Papa Fruits, it's just not the same running into you and not seeing your name in green anymore. ;_______;

Regarding that graphic, I don't think that it's correct for NA Tera though. Intricate Enigmatic Scroll doesn't exist in NA Tera. You'll always get a golden question mark after using a Master Enigmatic Scroll on an masterworkable item. Other than the initial unsealing of the item using Common Identification Scroll, there's really no reason to use it again.

I believe that's just how the master enigmatic scrolls are called.
    Word for word translations sometimes makes things look dodgey the principle is the same more or less with the exception that golden question marks are 100% and you can't lose masterwork on NA.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Enchanting info added. Anyone have any tips for fresh 60s to add in?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Patch tomorrow

The battlegrounds have extra rewards based on wins and losses.
    Every three wins or three losses earns you an event item.
    Three wins earns victor’s spoils—a random box that could contain any of the following:
    tier 13 or 14 legendary bind-on-pickup gear
    various gems
    new campfires
    Three losses earns challenger’s aide—a random box that could contain any of the following:
    tier 13 or 14 legendary bind-on-pickup gear (tier 14 items less likely with this box)
    various gems
    new campfires
    New campfires are available from the battlegrounds.
    Charming Campfire
    charms burned last 30 minutes
    purple flame differentiates from other campfires
    Hasty Campfire
    stamina restores at double the rate
    blue flame differentiates from other campfires

Miscellaneous Changes

Balancing Refinement
    Balder’s Temple (Hard)
    reduced the damage of nightmare focused emitters by 50 percent
    reduced the damage of nightmare Auricadis by 30 percent
    reduced the HP of nightmare Auricadis by 20 percent
    Argon Corpus (Hard)
    reduced the HP of nightmare Cygnus by 10 percent
    reduced the HP of the halveterak overseer elite by 10 percent
    reduced the HP of the lokmar sorgalur elite by 10 percent
    reduced the HP of nightmare Meldita by 10 percent
    reduced the HP of the spawning tentacles by 10 percent
    Fane of Kaprima
    nightmare Kornus’s attack speed reduced by about 20 percent
    attack bonuses from the Rage of the Warrior buff decreased from 10 percent to 5 percent
    damage from elite Lokian fatecaller’s marbles reduced by 33 percent
    nightmare Egrecia’s HP reduced by 33 percent
    nightmare Egrecia movement patterns reduced from three to two
    damage from nightmare Kaprima’s explosion after a sickle attack reduced by about 33 percent
    damage from nightmare Kaprima’s whirlwind after a sickle attack reduced by about 20 percent
    removed the bleeding effect originally caused by Kaprima’s whirlwind

Bugs Squashed

Fixed the problem where some players are unable to cancel Instance Matching while in the Instance Matching queue.
    Fixed the problem of rabbit-faced popori’s ears sticking out while wearing the bone-weary skeleton mask.
    Fixed the problem of the raid notice chat channel name not displaying properly.
    Fixed the problem of some female high elf gloves’ appearance not matching item icons.
    Removed an unnecessary “X” displayed in the Parcel Post Notification icon tooltip.
    Fixed the awkward system message being displayed upon single-user registration in battleground matching.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-181006

On a vaguely related note, the mystery of whatever happened to our old pal Scapes has been solved. He's now CM for the Hawken guys over at Meteor Entertainment

edited November 2012
    Enchanting info added. Anyone have any tips for fresh 60s to add in?

Assuming the fresh 60 hasn't been spending gold while leveling, he should have around 5k gold by the time he hits max level. Given how cheap t13 enigmatics are nowadays, he can simply buy himself a full set of t13 enigmatic and enchant everything to at least +6. This gear is good enough to do a lot of the endgame dungeons and most importantly, Nexus Traverse. Just keep on doing Nexus Traverse until you get the Agnitor t14 enigmatic armor drops from there and accumulate enough credit to get the Agnitor t14 enigmatic weapon from the Agnitor reputation faction. WANG does guild runs of Nexus Traverse and relevant info can be found here: http://weareniceguys.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8790292&gid=266496 .

A couple of months from now, new reputation factions will be introduced to the game and players will be able to purchase great non-enchantable starter gear from the new factions. The new non-enchantable starter gear from the new factions may be an even better alternative for fresh 60's depending on how difficult and time consuming the dailies for the new factions are. Info here: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/New-PvE-Reputation-Gear-kTera-Patch-1101

Maywind on
  • GinpachiGinpachi Registered User regular
    And if you're like me and blew most of your money on chronoscrolls, run Fane of Kaprima Normal, Baulder's Temple Normal, Ebon Tower Hard and Labyrinth of Terror Hard for gear! Well, that's what I've been told.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Is anyone from PA playing on the EU servers still?

After playing GW2 and hearing people gush about this amazing dodge mechanic, I have really been missing my Warrior. Poor thing only got to level 25, at which point I got a job and no time. :/

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    edited November 2012
    Ginpachi wrote: »
    And if you're like me and blew most of your money on chronoscrolls, run Fane of Kaprima Normal, Baulder's Temple Normal, Ebon Tower Hard and Labyrinth of Terror Hard for gear! Well, that's what I've been told.

Those dungeons drop t12 enigmatic, I think. The t12 armor pieces will do in a pinch, but as dps, it's best that you get a t13 weapon because t12 weapons are kind of obsolete at this point. Do you not have any t13 enigmatic pieces at all? If you don't, I actually have a t13 enig axe on the broker that I can take down and give to you (assuming it hasn't sold yet).

Nought wrote: »

After playing GW2 and hearing people gush about this amazing dodge mechanic, I have really been missing my Warrior. Poor thing only got to level 25, at which point I got a job and no time. :/

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the state of EU Tera is right now. A lot of European players play on NA Tera nowadays. :<

Maywind on
    Maywind wrote: »

Those dungeons drop t12 enigmatic, I think. The t12 armor pieces will do in a pinch, but as dps, it's best that you get a t13 weapon because t12 weapons are kind of obsolete at this point. Do you not have any t13 enigmatic pieces at all? If you don't, I actually have a t13 enig axe on the broker that I can take down and give to you (assuming it hasn't sold yet).

Nought wrote: »

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the state of EU Tera is right now. A lot of European players play on NA Tera nowadays. :<

Hmm. The lag doesn't interfere with dungeon runs? As I said, I mainly played a Warrior, and don't really see myself playing anything other to 60 before that. Partly because I'm a perv and like looking at my Castanic female warrior, partly the female castanic dodge flip, but mostly because I like the Warrior play style, and I think it fits very nicely with that race and gender combination.

Later I would like a Baraka Priest because the robes just look great on them.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    EU tera is clownshoes and doesn't have most of the stuff implemented by NA tera because lolfrogster
    I'm surprised they got the argon queen update at all.

EU tera is clownshoes and doesn't have most of the stuff implemented by NA tera because lolfrogster
    I'm surprised they got the argon queen update at all.

:(

I don't really have the money to buy the game again, so I guess it'll be a while before I consider joining you guys on NA.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    I don't know where you're at exactly but it's like 20 bucks american now. I just gifted it off amazon to a couple folks recently.

edited November 2012
    Dang, the new battlegrounds reward changes are awesome. Everyone's doing BG for the potential fodder and gem rewards these days. After 3 wins or 3 losses, you receive a box which has a high chance of giving you nice stuff (t13/t14 gold fodder, spellbinds, gems that sell for 100-1000 gold, etc.). I think BG may be the most profitable thing to do in Tera right now. I actually recommend fresh 60's to do BG because the rewards are damn good right now.

Maywind on
    edited November 2012
    @Nought I have a 50% off code if you'd like it!

Edit: Except raptr won't let me redeem it even though I meet the requirements! ARGH!

Ginpachi on
    edited November 2012
    @Nought I have a 50% off code if you'd like it!

Edit: Except raptr won't let me redeem it even though I meet the requirements! ARGH!

Ah, thanks for trying. I'm using their slow ass cloud p2p to download right now. Turns out that the $20 price is a bit more than a normal EU subscription.

Also, I remembered that I had a lvl 20 Warrior on US because I was in the last Beta, so I found my password and have been trying to get into the game. My account says Endless Trial, but I'm having problems running the game.

I'm guessing that the game doesn't run that well until I have downloaded all of it, even though I'm supposed to be able to play it now.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Finally claimed it! PMed :winky:

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Turn off the P2P, it's poo.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited November 2012
    Finally got the game downloaded, and it seems to be running fine now.

Have just been ingame, running about for a bit. I applied to Wang just before logging out.

Anyone know what endless trail means? I was at the end of lvl 20 and got to lvl 21 during my 10min stay. Just a bit confused since I imagined that trial meant not getting above lvl 20.

Will find out what's going on when I wake up, since it's pretty late here :)

Edit. Thanks Ginpachi. I expect to use the code tomorrow :)

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    En Masse tweaked the trial a bit. The main changes that they made were the removal of the 7-day time limit and increased the max level to 28.

It's a pretty good deal for people that want to try out the game. More specifics about restrictions here.

• TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: Nevermind they brought them all back. Pffft.

How much are the old weapon skins like kingsguard going for now? I stocked up on a ton and held onto them in case the price went up a few months after they were unavailable.

Tierwulf on
    Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    A good friend of mine is in overpower and they are having a victory party! Yay!

sig2.jpg
    That last match was incredibly close.
    Well played.

Hit 60 yesterday (lolmonty) I have 3000g to my name. What do?

edited November 2012

Congrats! :D

1. Get yourself a full set of t13 enigmatics off the broker and enchant them to at least +6. On Tempest Reach at the moment, t13 enig scepter is 450g, robe is 800g, gloves 100g, and shoes 100g. Then buy fodder to enchant your entire set to at least +6 (I and I'm sure a number of guildies would be happy to give you some too). You only need white and green fodders to enchant to +6.

2. Run Nexus Traverse as often as you can. Nexus Traverse drops t14 enigmatic armor pieces and once you accumulate enough nexus credits (Agnitor credits), you can buy your t14 weapon off the faction merchant. This is the easiest and cheapest way to upgrade to t14 gear. Nexus Traverse also drops t13 and t14 fodders, cruxes, and master enigmatic scrolls -- all very good stuff to keep or broker. Check the WANG guild site for details on how to join the guild raid.

3. Run Argon Corpus Normal Mode as much as possible. ACNM drops t13 enigmatics, t13/t14 fodders, cruxes, and master enigmatic scrolls. You can broker them or keep them for use.

4. Run Ebon Tower Normal Mode to farm cruxes and master enigmatic scrolls. Either keep them or broker them.

5. Run Battlegrounds. Every 3 wins / 3 losses gets you a box, which has a high chance of dropping good stuff (t13/t14 fodder, gemstones, etc.)

Maywind on
  • zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Hello TERA playing yokels!

I was cleaning out my office and found two codes for Regal Frostlion mounts. I have no clue if they work or not, but I'm willing to give them away to anyone interested.

Please PM me if you want it, I'll choose at random later tonight.

Is that your in game name?
    It says "no such player" when I tried to add "lolmonty".
    You should save your gold for now; I have a dozen spare T13 cloth enigmatic sets so I can just send you one along with some enchanting fodders to get you started.
    3000 is pretty good for fresh 60s but if you want to run the endgame dungeons, you'll be accumulating about ten times that much quickly and sinking most of it into failing to enchant your gear.

As maywind suggested get some good enough +6 welfare gear and start running ac normal, nexus (which has the best damn healer weapon until queen hard mode), then pvp a bit in your spare time and use those credits on conquer rings or earrings. The older instances like balder's temple, fane of kaprima and kelsaik's nest aren't really worth doing anymore in terms of rewards but they are still fun to go through at least once but the level 58 ones like ebon tower are incredibly easy and drop 2 to 3 master scrolls at the end which are a precious commodity which will always be worth about 200 gold a piece.

Also, temple of temerity and sijuka gallery are easy enough that you can safely pug and get necklaces work towards your special glyphs, not to mention make some money selling the crystalbind and badges you don't need.

Oh! No I'm Montague ingame. I managed to cobble together a t13 starter set with a lot of help from the guild. Now I just need to run things :)

Oh! No I'm Montague ingame. I managed to cobble together a t13 starter set with a lot of help from the guild. Now I just need to run things :)

You can't fool us. We're on to you!

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.

I'll be on tonight (Eastern Time). I can walk you through ACNM if you're also on. Just need to grab a couple of guildies who'd be happy to help, I'm sure.

Oh I feel silly now. I could have sworn that you lost your name during the merge.
    Still, offer's on the table if you need anything T13.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    I still have those mount keys if anyone wants them.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Been playing the trial over the last few days. This game is pretty fun so I should hurry up and get it soon so I can join you guys. If anyone is able to procure a 50% off code it would be much appreciated.

steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Got a code and the full game. Sent an application on the guild's site and the email says hg was accepted but no idea who I message to get in the guild ingame.

steam_sig.png
  • EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Got a code and the full game. Sent an application on the guild's site and the email says hg was accepted but no idea who I message to get in the guild ingame.

The awesome thing with TERA is, you can literally just look up the guild in the guild panel (check the menus at the top of the screen) and apply through there, whether or not anybody is actually online. Do mention who you are though!

Got any PvP tips for beginners? I joined a battleground and our whole team ended up getting camped at spawn and I was getting one shot >_>

This discussion has been closed.