As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Santa, if you are still having problems I have updated my forum account with various gamer tags!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Santa,

I own a Wii U now. So there's that.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santa,
    This game is so consuming. Let give you a run down of what I've been doing.

First night I got this game:
    I logged into the single player game and didn't really have any idea what I was doing, and reading wiki's is for chumps.
    After loading up on @ArcSyn server and realizing I would absolutely ruin any attempts at nice things because I had no idea what I was doing went back to single player. I build a castle/fort thing out of dirt and started mining near the surface. I then spent all night building a huge stone castle. I really should have started small. Literally all night.

Second day I spent at least half the day on my Santee's gift with crafty stuff. Ingame:
    I finished up the larger castle, looked around and had no idea what to do next. Found out about glass, and decided a green house in the middle of the ocean would be a good idea. Then I made a house right next to it.

Today:
    I have pretty much dug a circular staircase down to the very depths of hell. Haven't done much exploring, figure I may start branching out eventually, but for now the staircase is there. I've also been attempting to build a temple. I also finished a lighthouse/Eye of Sauromon setup. Finally discovered some Iron today...so I made some armor. Will post pictures when I feel like everything doesn't look horrible, or is it possibly to host this map?

The comic with gabe in game feels so damn appropriate.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Will post pictures when I feel like everything doesn't look horrible, or is it possibly to host this map?

If you want to share it as a single player map, you can go to C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves, throw the folder containing your save into a .zip file, and upload it to dropbox or whatever.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    DR9US.gif

So I get home from work and I have an email waiting for me in my inbox. It seems that someone has sent me a transmission from the future, and the future isn't a great place to be. It started off with a poem:
    Silent night, starless might,
    man has staged his final fight,
    there where cities used to be,
    lie the ruins of reality,
    sleeping forever in peace,
    sleeping forever in peace.

Silent world, hole-y world,
    all men's bombs have now been hurled,
    no ones left to claim the prize,
    no one's left to compromise,
    no one's left to care,
    no one's left to care.

And then the transmission:
    Ksssssssshk
    Can you hear this? No, wait, that technology doesn't exist yet. Can you see this at least? If so, there's still time. The time I come from is in ruins. There are few left. We can't fight off all of these.... things. You may be our last hope. Oh god, oh god, how did we let it get this bad? We will all be dead soon. There are just a last few resistance members left. A few actual people left alive. I'm sending this message to the past in the hopes that you can learn of our fate, and use these training materials to educate yourself and your loved ones about how to survive what's coming. You guys have.... what was the word Hinton used? Steel? Seam? STEAM! That's it! He said "My folks used to tell us about how they used to have TONS of games at their disposal on this Steam thing. I think it used a computer?"
    I'm not sure how much good you guys can be if you're still relying on steam power to run things, but I've got to try. Plug these codes into the authenticator, and you should have access to the training materials we requisitioned for you. There will be more to come shortly. Good luck, and godspee-
    Kssssssshk

And then a few codes:
    .....INCOMING ENCODED TRANSMISSION......
    1> XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.......... NEW LINE? Y
    2> XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX ...... NEW LINE? Y
    3> XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX ......... NEW LINE? N
    POWERING DOWN..........

What did the codes do? Why, they seemed to give me a look into this future where shit has apparently got incredibly real.
    header.jpg
    header.jpg
    header.jpg

I am admittedly not much of a FPS fan, but I have had the itch lately, and who doesn't like the post-nuclear desert wasteland? It reminds me of my home state of Arizona. I am currently installing these "training materials" to begin my journey, with a bit of caution and a ton of gratitude. THANK YOU, MYSTERIOUS FUTURE SANTA.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    You will forever remember this day, as the day that you were introduced to the awesomeness that is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    And the awesomeness that is Metro 2033

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Alright, so today was a bit odd too, apparently. But that's enough excuses for me. Santa deserves better ...
    So, with that said:

DR9US.gif
    The package didn't arrive, per se. I walked out to the UPS depot, and actually enjoyed myself quite a bit. After grabbing the little brown box, I stopped off at my favourite bakery for lunch, and then came back. Another recent acquisition helped me inspect the tiny parcel. :)
    DSCN0816.jpg

You know cats and boxes ...
    DSCN0817.jpg

Upon splitting open the little brown box, its tasty innards spilled out.
    DSCN0818.jpg

And upon those succulent innards was a message! (I apologize, my camera was not cooperating yesterday)
    DSCN0820.jpg
    "ArcticLancer - Be sent to you another gift - If the first has not arrived, do not worry! As a clean-up, you will survive this you in the name of justice and become the ultimate force to fight crime! Happy Holidays!"
    (I think Santa accidentally snuck in that other "you" as a typo)

Alright, Santa, I'm intrigued. What fine paté have you stuffed into this meaty sausage? ...
    DSCN0821.jpg

Oh-ho!
    ... So let me explain why I felt terrible about this: I actually already owned Arkham City. I just never played it, and I know there's absolutely no way Santa could have known this. *That said*, I had a vanilla used copy I had traded for, not the GotY edition, so at the very least, you have given me more to experience in my eventual run through Gotham.
    I can also say you chose well, so seriously, the only person who has let anyone down here is me.

Thank you sooooooo much Santa! I'll try and be a better Santee from here on out. <3

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Got my Santee some tasty treats to finish up the package. I'm pulling extra hours at work until wednesday to make up for taking black friday off, but the package should be in the mail by the weekend.

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    This thread makes me want to get into Minecraft

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Awesome game but holy crap that's the worst cover ever.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    TEN OUT OF TEN
    FIVE OUT OF FIVE
    BUY OUR GAME RIGHT NOW IT'S GOOD AAAAAAH

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    All this time I thought the 10 out of 10 cover was Batman getting punched in the face.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, the stuff I ordered last week only now just shipped. Oh well. Santee will just have to wait.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    All this time I thought the 10 out of 10 cover was Batman getting punched in the face.

What has been seen cannot be unseen ... >_<

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    First time I saw it, I thought, "Hrm, '10 out of 10' is a weird name for a game."

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »

What has been seen cannot be unseen ... >_<

Not as bad as Bioshock 2/Bomberman.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I just got violently accosted by an angry Santa!
    Rocksmith1.jpg
    Yay! Megadeth! And Jeremy, only the finest god damn song aaaa now to employ 2 people to badly sing harmonies to me badly singing the chorus! But wait there's more

Rocksmith2.jpg
    A7X! Bloody NIGHTMARE WHOOO it's gonna be fun flailing and failing these over and over. Also The Final Countdown "because I am european" and Bohemian Rhapsody because it's Bohemian Rhapsody duh.

Rocksmith3.jpg

And a link to this; http://i.imgur.com/rBxbq.jpg

Thank you Santa!

And @Corehealer for setting this belligerent holiday icon upon me.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    God...these overly aggressive Santas are amazing. I hope my Santee isn't disappointed when I send them a nice card full of mistletoe and gumdrops and yule tidings and whatnot.

• Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    So, my father passed away this week, somewhat suddenly... Its been a rough week. So, Santa, if you've had issues getting a hold of me in some way, that would be why.

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear that @Draysoth. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Stardate: 2417.3. Commander Cloudeagle of the USS Albatross reporting. My mission to deliver vital data to the Federation is fraught with peril, but the fate of galactic civilization makes it imperative for me to succeed. I'm repeatedly harassed by rebel forces, but my crew and I manage to drive them off. I begin the construction of multiple upgrades to my ship... though it would be nice to have a bigger engine so I can actually use them.

My journey through the Rock sector is relatively quiet, with far fewer skirmishes with the famously belligerent race than I'd expect. That changes when a particularly suicidal bunch attack me near a sun, with solar flares licking at both our ships. A particularly lucky strike on my ship instantly disables my door control systems. Pfft, who needs doors? Besides, the fire that broke out in that room is now handily contained behind two blast doors.

...I soon learn that fire has no need of doors.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Fire can't go through doors, stupid. It's not a ghost!

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    DR9US.gif

No fancy writeup for this:
    r9m2p.jpg

I've been eyeballing this for a while now, and it ought to help tide me over till Doublefine gets rolling. Thanks, Santa.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...oh, you can still have crew members move through doors if the door room is busted, you just can't open them remotely. Duh.

I am proud to say that my next two deaths had nothing to do with door mishaps.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    DR9US.gif

Just got this in my email
    He knows if you've been bad or good.

Currently you are on the bad list, but the fat man is giving you a second chance to get on the good list.

The fat man told me to send this random stuff out to you and you could do a bit of hard work, and maybe some crafting for the workshop to earn some points towards the good list. You probably will need to find some supplies to get started though.

The fat man said to check out a site called Minecraft.net to get your workspace allocated to you, and your Locker number is ****-****-****

<3 Thank you! I've been meaning to get into this forever.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    This year is apparently the year of Minecraft and angry Santas.

• Options
    Everyone who is getting minecraft come on over to the thread. It was in hibernation for awhile, but it's good timing for you guys because people are getting back into it. We've been playing on ArcSyn's server.

• Options
    Dear Santa @Elkatas,

I finished off Blood and its two expansions today! It was really good. I'm moving on to Gabriel Knight next.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Dear Santa @Elkatas,

I finished off Blood and its two expansions today! It was really good. I'm moving on to Gabriel Knight next.

Blood is fun. And now I want to play it again. I've had it on gog for awhile. Time to reinstall.

edit: Oh crap. When did gog get shadow warrior?

anoffday on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Those with UK Secret Santa/Santees or people in UK in general X-Com and some others good sale @ zavvi £15

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    On a happier note, in 10 hours or so my Wii U will be delivered... there was a no tax sale local today, so nabbed Mario and Zombie U. They didn't have Scribblenauts... gotta find that game!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Oh, Santa, I collect vinyl.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I collect BNL stuff. And miss having an xbox. Damn you Halo 4. Someone port that to PC.

My santee is in luck because my workplace is having employee appreciation week. 40% off. Fuck yeah.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I hear ya on halo 4. Though its likely I'd never play it with PC stuff talking precedence.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Draysoth wrote: »
    So, my father passed away this week, somewhat suddenly... Its been a rough week. So, Santa, if you've had issues getting a hold of me in some way, that would be why.
    Oh that's just dreadful, praying for you and your family.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Santa! To avoid a repetition of the mistakes of the past I should also say I own Arkham City but have yet to have time to actually fire it up and make it appear on my 360 profile. Same for Harry Potter Lego years 5-7. They were both Christmas presents last year. I miss free time.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Draysoth wrote: »
    :(
    I'm sorry. If you'd like some German candied treats as a small token of my condolences, please PM me your address.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Thank you guys, I appreciate the thoughts and cares, they are most welcome at this time.

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744