As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bussing From SEATAC to PAX

jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth ManagerRenton, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
There will be construction going on between the airport and downtown Seattle during PAX, so the time estimates may be short, but they correspond to the bus schedules for June 2007 - September 2007.

The 194 bus leaves the airport from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. every ~30 minutes every day. If you miss the last 194 bus for the day, take the 174 instead.

The 174 bus leaves the airport from 5 a.m. to 3 a.m. every ~30 minutes every day. This route is NOT an express route, so it takes MUCH longer to get to the stops listed below.

Going to the Sheraton:
At SeaTac Airport get on the "194 Downtown Seattle" bus.
Pay $1.25 when you get on the bus.
Get off the bus at the "4th and University" stop (this should take about 30 minutes).
Walk North (the direction the bus was going) to the corner of 4th and Union.
Walk East (away from the water) on Union 2 blocks to the corner of 6th and Union.
Cross 6th street and turn left (North) to get to the Sheraton.
To get to PAX from the Sheraton:
The WSCTC is just across 7th Ave.

Going to the Crowne Plaza:
Get off the bus at the "4th and Madison" stop (this should take about 27 minutes).
Walk North (the direction the bus was going) to the corner of 4th and Madison.
Walk North 1 block to the corner of 4th and Spring.
Walk East (away from the water) on Spring 2 blocks to the corner of 6th and Spring.
Turn left (North) to get to the Crowne Plaza.
To get to PAX from the Crowne Plaza:
Walk North 3 blocks to the corner of Pike and 6th.
Walk East 1 block on Pike to the WSCTC.

Going to the Days Inn:
Get off the bus the the "Virginia and 6th" stop (this should take about 38 minutes). (If you had to take the 174 instead of the 194, get off at the "4th and Lenora" stop and read the alternate walking directions below.)
Walk Northwest on 6th (the bus was heading northeast on Virginia) to the Corner of Blanchard and 6th.
Turn right (Northeast) and walk on Blanchard to the Day's Inn.
Alternate walking directions from 4th and Lenora to the Day's Inn:
Walk 1 block Northwest on 4th to Blanchard.
Walk 3 blocks Northeast on Blanchard to the Day's Inn.

To get to PAX from the Day's Inn:
Option 1:
Walk Southeast on 7th ave 6 blocks to the WSCTC.
Option 2:
Walk Southwest on Blanchard 2 blocks to the corner of 5th and Blanchard.
Get on the "16 Downtown Seattle" or "54 White Center" bus.
The buses are free in this part of town.
Get off the bus at the "5th and Pike" stop (this should take less than 5 minutes).
Walk East on Pike 2 blocks to the WSCTC.

Going to the Red Lion:
Get off the bus at the "4th and University" stop (this should take about 30 minutes).
Walk East (away from the water) on Union 1 block to the corner of 5th and Union.
Turn left (North) to get to the Red Lion.
To get to PAX from the Red Lion:
Walk 2 blocks East on Pike to the WSCTC.

Going to the Grand Hyatt:
Get off the bus at the "9th and Howell" stop (this should take about 35 minutes).
Walk South West one block on Howell to the corner of 8th and Olive.
Walk South on 8th 1 block to the corner of 8th and Pine.
Cross Pine and turn right (West) to get to the Grand Hyatt.
To get to PAX from the Grand Hyatt:
Walk 1 block South on 7th to the WSCTC. (the Hyatt touches the WSCTC, so there may be an internal connection between the buildings).

Going to the Roosevelt:
Get off the bus at the "4th and Pike" stop (this should take about 30 minutes).
Walk South (opposite the direction the bus was going) to the corner of 4th and Pike.
Walk East (away from the water) on Pike 3 blocks to the corner of 7th and Pike.
Turn left (North) to get to the Roosevelt.
To get to PAX from the Roosevelt:
The WSCTC is just across 7th Ave.

Going to the Paramount:
Get off the bus at the "9th and Howell" stop (this should take about 35 minutes).
Walk South West one block on Howell to the corner of 8th and Olive.
Walk South on 8th 1 block to the corner of 8th and Pine.
Turn right (West) to get to the Paramount.
To get to PAX from the Paramount:
Walk 1 block South on 7th to the WSCTC.

Going back to the airport:
The 194 and 174 run on a loop, so the southbound buses come by about every 30 minutes. It may be that you can get on a Northbound bus and let it take you to the end of its route (194 and 174 both end in Downtown Seattle) and then continue south, but I don't know for sure. Here are the stops where I'm sure you can pick up the southbound buses.
194:
9th and Stewart
Stewart and 4th
2nd and Pike
174:
6th and Blanchard
2nd and Pike

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
"We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
jaberwockynmt on

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    http://www.google.com/transit

An under-used service.

Doc on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nice. Thanks.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    GodfatherXGodfatherX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    while this is a cheap way, ill be carrying too much for that

ill probably try to share a cab with somebody

im scheduled to land at seatac at 11:06 am, anyone else on Northwest Airlines # 171?

GodfatherX on
  • Options
    john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm flying in at 12:30 on Thursday. Figure I'll land, grab a cab, check in, then try and find me some other attendees to mingle with.

john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • Options
    DickChangDickChang Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm landing at the airport with my friends around 2-2:30 on thursday and taking the bus to the sheraton. then I guess we're hanging out.

DickChang on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    friday, will come in on the train and immediatly check in and then go see gameworks. I Figure there is no better way to prep. for pax then to spend some time in an arcade, and maybe have a nice swim after that.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    AndymatronAndymatron Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If your staying at the Crown Plaza they offer a Shuttle from the Airport for $10
    Got the info from here.
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/SEADT/transportation

Andymatron on
    Error 404: Pants not found O_o
  • Options
    GodfatherXGodfatherX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ty ty ty, just solved my problem

Andymatron wrote: »
    If your staying at the Crown Plaza they offer a Shuttle from the Airport for $10
    Got the info from here.
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/SEADT/transportation

GodfatherX on
  • Options
    DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    THANK YOU!

I got stuck taking the bus from the airport at the last moment (AKA my ride ending up drinking too much) and I had no idea where to go. I think I ended up taking the 174 but not even the information desk at the airport could give me any good info so I felt pretty lost. This should help a lot thanks!

Draknodred on
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I added info for the three new PAX hotels.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm jailed, so I can't make a new thread about this, but coming into Seattle from the south end (SeaTac) may be interesting:
    http://www.seattle.gov/news/detail.asp?ID=7577&Dept=40

Also, reroute information on the 194 bus:
    http://transit.metrokc.gov/up/rr/sr_i5-194.html

Houn on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=28800

Yes we know, theres already a thread.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Got my day bus pass so I'm all set. :) A whole lot cheaper than parking.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you don't mind being a bit late to PAX, there'll be a light-rail line from SeaTac to PAX in 2009...

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There will be construction going on between the airport and downtown Seattle during PAX, so the time estimates may be short, but they correspond to the bus schedules for June 2007 - September 2007.

The 194 bus leaves the airport from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. every ~30 minutes every day. If you miss the last 194 bus for the day, take the 174 instead.

The 174 bus leaves the airport from 5 a.m. to 3 a.m. every ~30 minutes every day. This route is NOT an express route, so it takes MUCH longer to get to the stops listed below.

Going to the Sheraton:
    Walk East (away from the water) on Union 2 blocks to the corner of 6th and Union.
    Cross 6th street and turn left (North) to get to the Sheraton.

Is this still a working route? Using every online route finder, nothing like this comes up. Most say it will take 2 hours and don't use that bus. I plan on taking the free shuttle from this slum hotel in a few hours to hop on that bus to get the Sheraton then the breakfast, I just wanted to make sure this is a sure fire way to get there on time.

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    194 looks fine, here's its full schedule. Leaves from SeaTac Airport Bay 2, then takes about 20 minutes to get to 4th and University. Note that due to the northbound I-5 construction, it's bound to take a bit longer.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    194 looks fine, here's its full schedule. Leaves from SeaTac Airport Bay 2, then takes about 20 minutes to get to 4th and University. Note that due to the northbound I-5 construction, it's bound to take a bit longer.

I can attest to the 174 working as well, as that's the bus I took from the airport yesterday. I took a little over an hour to get to the 4th and University stop though. But, a hell of a lot cheaper than a cab or shuttle to the Red Lion.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I took the 174 in today, and it was well worth it. I'll never rent another car.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
This discussion has been closed.