As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I collect BNL stuff. And miss having an xbox. Damn you Halo 4. Someone port that to PC.

My santee is in luck because my workplace is having employee appreciation week. 40% off. Fuck yeah.

nobody needs 3 nooks, Sniperguy.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Just placed a package in the hands of the trusty USPS! It only has the entire earth to travel, so it should be there in about 6-10 days (so the post-lady said.) I'm excited! Are you excited Santee?!?!?

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    So the most "personalized" part of my santee's gifts arrived this weekend and it turned out FANTASTIC. I'm very pleased and I can only hope that they recognize what it is. Now I'm only waiting on one more box of goodies and this it's time to start the assembly. I haven't been this excited to give stuff away in ages. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Whoever gets Minor Incident as a santee totally needs to send him some of this...

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Draysoth wrote: »
    So, my father passed away this week, somewhat suddenly... Its been a rough week. So, Santa, if you've had issues getting a hold of me in some way, that would be why.

Oh wow, man, you have my utmost condolences. Back in January, I learned a lot more about how this feels that I would wish upon anyone. My thoughts are with you and your family.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    If Draysoth's Santa keeps up on the thread, I would like for him/her to get in contact with me.
    Additionally, parties interested in community action are encouraged to contact me.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This santa is so hard to shop for, due to total lack of hinting! Haha. I have some ideas, but they seem so.. insufficient :(
    I'm the worst santa

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Hmm, my santee has been suspiciously silent of late. Although, I think I may know why.
    But it doesn't matter, the great giftening is already well under way. It's just a matter of finishing a few things up and shipping out!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    So I had a plan that sort of got waylaid when the system by which my plan was being employed is inconsistent. Santee your gifts will probably be discombobulated.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've been quiet lately because I've been busy out spending lots of money on myself on things.

Just kidding Santa, I'm on a spending break except for my monthly comics...both you and my wife have made it clear I'm not to buy anything else.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    If I haven't formed a plan by Friday, I need to kick this into high gear and gifting may be predictable so I don't suffer analysis paralysis.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I expect will have quite a few Santees on the naughty list when the Steam Thanksgiving Sale starts this weekend. :P

I hope my Santee isn't one of them since I'm going to try sending a Steam code through the mail with the rest of my gift.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Same here. I have been overwhelmed lately. I'm sorry Santee but don't fret: You will get stuff.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Sorry to hear that @Draysoth. I wish you and yours well.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    On another note, don't fret Santee, I have a few ideas that I'm hoping will work out. I get anxious to send gifts, but I'm not financially able to keep gifting you, and I don't wanna send you stuffz so early that it doesn't feel like Christmas. However, I'm hoping my ideas will bring warm feelings to your heart and soul.
    .... Let the obligatory "Is it me?!?!" start.
    Also, my Santa still has not revealed him/her-self. I don't know what this means, and if I should be worried or excited.

• Options
    freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    Began my stalking in earnest over the weekend, although I'm still not 100% down on what to get. I think I know roughly where to aim though. Brace yourself. Presents are coming...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I just noticed the price of a PS3 on Black Friday.

Santa, if you're a big spender and feel like getting me a PS3 on Black Friday, I won't say no.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I got the last piece of my present in the mail on Saturday. It'll be going out in a week or two now.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Stardate: 2417.3. Commander Cloudeagle of the USS Albatross reporting. My mission to deliver vital data to the Federation is fraught with peril, but the fate of galactic civilization makes it imperative for me to succeed. I'm repeatedly harassed by rebel forces, but my crew and I manage to drive them off. I begin the construction of multiple upgrades to my ship... though it would be nice to have a bigger engine so I can actually use them.

My journey through the Rock sector is relatively quiet, with far fewer skirmishes with the famously belligerent race than I'd expect. That changes when a particularly suicidal bunch attack me near a sun, with solar flares licking at both our ships. A particularly lucky strike on my ship instantly disables my door control systems. Pfft, who needs doors? Besides, the fire that broke out in that room is now handily contained behind two blast doors.

...I soon learn that fire has no need of doors.

Yes! Your santa is so deliciously evil. Part of what makes this game great is its difficult/randomness, so keep on fighting (and losing) the good fight. There is no shame in playing on "easy" but I really recommend against the mods early on. Or at all, actually, but to each his own! Keep us posted with stories of your glorious deaths!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    I hope I hear from my santa soon, so I can find out if I should expect any other packages and so I can have them reveal themselves.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    robot santa, report in

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We are Legion.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Geth got upgraded? :O

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    This Christmas truly is the end of times!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    We are Legion.

You're not my real dad!
    But if you enforce Christmas cheer, we can be friends!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Ok, stuff has been bought.
    Now to finish the special part and get it on the road/air/sea!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Santee I'm sure you're excited about the upcoming steam sale... you better watch yoself

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Halfway done with the shopping. That'll be done this week, then assembly and shipping!

You hear that, Santee? Your mailbox will explode with Christmas Cheer soon!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Gift... get?
    (I don't know who it was from, and I sure didn't order it...)

Artemis is on the prowl.

FoAs6.jpg

Box is effective.

zK7rQ.jpg

Cat loves box!

YGQzL.jpg

Thanks!

Oh wait, there's a thing inside too.

JpuzK.jpg

Just after I finish Soul Hackers, Deep Fear. That makes six Saturn imports!

(Five left to beat. :()

qPv6X.jpg

Thanks mystery person! (Artemis prefers the wrapping.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Halfway done with the shopping. That'll be done this week, then assembly and shipping!

You hear that, Post office? Your mailbox will explode with Christmas Cheer soon!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It never ends!

3aIic.jpg

Thanks, Portal Pony!
    (:P)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oh god, I just noticed the icy graphic on my avatar. I though it was a Secret Santa thing and was all excited, but it's not.

I'm not a special snowflake. :(
    :D

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Dear unresponsive Santees, get you ish together! That is all.

• Options
    I promised my santa I'd share my gift in the best way, so...

I'll be streaming(and recording) DEEP FEAR.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    'Tis almost the season. Well, per retail here it's been the season since a bit before Halloween. I bought myself Minecraft for a little holiday season stress relief. I also shopped for my santee. A lot. Retail therapy.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Captain's log, stardate 2374.5. The Albatross V is encountering smooth sailing so far. Sure, there have been some skirmishes, but our starting sector gave us little problems. Nor our second, civilian sector. Now we're moving into the third sector. This is a piece of cake.

Captain's log, stardate 2374.8. Upon arriving in sector three we encounter a ship manned by 47,000 bloodthirsty mantises, 46,997 of which teleport onto our ship and slaughter everyone.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Oh my god

this game has the best/worst voice acting EVER.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Captain's log, stardate 2374.5. The Albatross V is encountering smooth sailing so far. Sure, there have been some skirmishes, but our starting sector gave us little problems. Nor our second, civilian sector. Now we're moving into the third sector. This is a piece of cake.

Captain's log, stardate 2374.8. Upon arriving in sector three we encounter a ship manned by 47,000 bloodthirsty mantises, 46,997 of which teleport onto our ship and slaughter everyone.

I recall Tube coming up with a frankly disturbing strategy for dealing with such invaders.
    1. If you've got a teleporter, move your entire crew to the enemy ship.
    2. Disable their transporter.
    3. Vent your entire ship to space.

I've never had the balls to attempt such a risky maneuver , but I can just imagine the dialogue going between the crew-mates immediately following the Captain orders.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Damn that's brutal.

Though I've sat for several minutes watching the enemy crew slowly burn to death.

Also take note: On the smallest slug ship the O2 room is separate from the main cabin. They can't repair it. Knock it out and watch them suffocate.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Why is there a monkey on a submarine on the ocean floor with a mute doctor and zombie navy seals.

wVEsyIc.png