As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    giftget.gif

Or...
    dr9us.gif

header.jpg?t=1353436487
    Dear Cornell002,

The Elf is napping, so Ill send it myself.
    Saw that you liked strategy games, and I figured you'd enjoy blasting some aliens too!
    Have Fun,
    Secret Santa - ManetherenWolf

Yes! Another game I was looking forward to playing! Super excited to get home from Thanksgiving/20 hour Black Friday shift at work so I can dive in. THANK YOU SANTA

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Gift get! My santa has bestowed upon me the double-barreled beast of Payday:The Heist and Orcs Must Die 2!

Sadly, I have Payday already. It is a fantastic game and you can live out your bank robbery fantasies hehe.

Santa, let me know what you want mw to do with it. Is it ok if I pass it on to a friend so that I can shoot him to save myself in a frantic getaway? Thanks again for your generosity! Now if only I knew who you were...

A heist completed?

four men are required to rob!

hand it out, road virus!

Thank you, benevolent santa! Which heist must I complete? There are many!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Just another FYI for shoppers, Looks like at about 8:10pm est (5:10pm pst), Borderlands 2 will be $25 around 8:10pm est on Amazon. (I think I did the conversion of 5:10pm pst right). That along with other deals like Skylanders for $40, Sly and Rachet collections, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Here is a link to their page with more details on prices and times.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    giftget.gif

Gift Get Part the Third

TwVtX.jpg

damn, ANOTHER game that I was wanting to play! Thanks a ton!

Cornell002 wrote: »
    header.jpg?t=1353436487
    Dear Cornell002,

The Elf is napping, so Ill send it myself.
    Saw that you liked strategy games, and I figured you'd enjoy blasting some aliens too!
    Have Fun,
    Secret Santa - ManetherenWolf

Yes! Another game I was looking forward to playing! Super excited to get home from Thanksgiving/20 hour Black Friday shift at work so I can dive in. THANK YOU SANTA

I had a feeling you'd like that one. oh, and fair warning, you do have -1- more gift, I just have to get around to mailing it out next week.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Ho-Ho-Ho!!

giftget.gif

I'm pretty sure my Santa is @vegeta_666 but I had to do some sleuthing to find that out, so hopefully you're the one to thank!

First up some GOG love <3 Oh how I love that website...
    passgog.jpg
    Well I'm glad I held off buying pretty much exactly this at work today haha! It's good to get my hands on that final Blackwell chapter too, it's a great series so far and I just know it would have annoyed me to no end that I don't have the 4th episode but stubbornly wouldn't have re-bought all the first 3 just for the final one... Well worry no more TeeMan, it's all good :D
    Just for you I'll put off what I'm playing at the moment and jerk some tears out of my face

And then I got a bunch of Steam related prezzies...
    passsteam1.jpg
    passsteam2.jpg
    passsteam3.jpg
    passsteam4.jpg
    passsteam5.jpg
    Most of these have been on and off my wishlist a bunch of times so it's good to see they've now got a permanent home on my games list. I was a big fan of Cthulu Saves The World so I'm really keen to see how they handle the Penny Arcade property. Waves appears to be some brutal twin-stick shooter? Shit yeah! I'm a big fan of eye-raping shooters so hopefully this'll get them bleeding nicely.
    I already own the BoI expansion so I don't know why that isn't on my Steam games list, but don't worry I'll head on over to the Steam thread and give it a good home :)

Excited to see what else you've got in store too, thanks so much for what you've given already! :D:D

It is me indeed! I was going to try to stealth gift these but my cover was going to be blown in a few days anywho so I decided to Hotline Miami my gifts rather than Mark of the Ninja them.

Glad you enjoy everything though! I loved the PA games (especially Episode 3) so I had to share them. Waves is a fantastic little twin stick shooter (better than Geometry Wars I'd wager) so I hope you dig it! I also I hope you like Terraria, I've had some fun mining/building in it, I think I might like it more than Minecraft. (Awww I should've said "dig it" for this one, missed the pun. :p)

I saw you played a lot of BOI so I was confused when you didn't have the DLC! That's okay though, it'll find a good home in the Steam thread. :)

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This is probably not the place for this, but check this out! Just picked it up for my son
    Linky

6837353_ra.jpg

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    a task most christmas

to steal the fattest of loots

Santa care's not which

(edit for bad haiku)

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Which is basically the Christmas appitizer.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    Have a great thanksgiving guys. Cherish your family!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    giftget.gif
    Oh noe, santa came when I was asleep and he left me a clear sign that I'm next on his christmas hit list.

29eru.jpg

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Proxy is thankful for all the wonderful Santas and Santees!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Sorry about the delay Santa. I picked up (what I think was the) last parcel today, and decided to clump the remainder of the images into one post. Hope you don't mind. :)

So yes, additional
    giftget.gif
    The first box arrived Monday. I had it delivered to my Dad's store Tuesday. Picked it up yesterday. See, I have a system. So do cats.
    Cat's system:
    If box {
    If open {
    Get inside;}
    Else {
    Get on top;}}
    Else {
    Meow for food;}
    DSCN0826.jpg

Amazon strikes again! Another note ...
    DSCN0827.jpg
    "It is the first of several this gift has come to me now, please enjoy these masterpieces of Pixar you! More to come soon. Nice stay - I'm looking at. Santa."

Sounds like Santa expected this to come first. It also sounds like he took my "somehow I own no Pixar movies" hint to heart.
    DSCN0828.jpg

Oh wow! All three Toy Story movies! Yaaaay!
    Just to be clear, this movie is a parallel to my life. I was a child of 9 years when the first one was made, and Toy Story 3 felt like it closed the book on a part of my childhood I never knew was still open. So yeah, this was as perfect a gift as I could have gotten. And yet there were other gifts. Man, Santa, you are something else ...
    (Also, an interesting note on the 'excessive' nature of what companies will sell you, this box set included 10 disks - all three movies on DVD, all three and a special feature on Blu-Ray, and 3 labelled CDs to burn your digital download copies to. WHO NEEDS THAT MUCH PHYSICAL MEDIA!? But at least it works out for me - I plan to give 3 digital ones to a friend for Christmas.)

Alright, so what's in box number two? Oh, and of course, nobody will be surprised what's on it ...
    Cats. Shocking, I know.
    DSCN0830.jpg

Inside, Santa really made my day.
    I really needed some of that chocolate. Like, seriously. Needed. <3
    DSCN0831.jpg

I couldn't get a picture of the note, and it's a bit long to retype the whole thing, but Santa, you are still fantastic. And yes, Santa did reveal himself here. It was none other than @Dunxco
    [Edit:
    The letter, in full, can now be found a couple of posts further down. Go read it and come back if you're curious.]

So, what was his (again, I think) final gift?
    It was this totally nifty book!
    DSCN0832.jpg

I'm guessing Santa took some initiative from my having only been active in the Forza thread for ... months ...
    In any case, it's icing on an already sweet, sweet Christmas cake.

Thank you so much again. All of this makes me eager to get my parcel together for my Santee. My colleagues at work are making fun of how many parcels have come in this week. Except only half of them have arrived so far ... Heh. Plans within plans, as a clever bat once said ... :D

And I'll give one last public note about contacting me if you're interested in doing something extra nice for Draysoth. Those plans have come along very, very well so far, and I sincerely thank those who have reached out to me, and his super-amazing Santa. WE WILL SET NEW RECORDS OF CHEER!

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Man, that box set looks pretty awesome. Toy Story 3 was outstanding, the only movie that ever made me cry.*

*incredibly manly tears only, of course

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Man, I easily cried twice during Up! But yeah, there aren't many movies that have brought me to that point. Most of them have been Pixar creations.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Dude, your kittens are adorable.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    giftget.gif

H3v9J.jpg

I uh...can't read that. Thank you though, mystery person! Google translate tells me that means:
    The first time this year,
    With some problems, although,
    I come back here.
    And after some hassle,
    Particle and then you get your gift
    With poem anyway.

I've heard awesome things about Alpha Protocol too, been meaning to play it! But...what does that mean??

• Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised the last two gifts came together at the same time-ish, @ArcticLancer. Post Office lady was like "We can get it there in a week" and I was all "Pshaw, I doubt that but if you wanna give it a try". The Toy Story trilogy is a series I hold very dear to my heart as well - I saw all of them when they came out at the cinema, starting with the first film when I was... 8? Yeah sounds about right. Also cried twice during Toy Story 3 on my first viewing, and always once every time I see it.

For those vaguely interested in what the letter says I spoilered it here:
    Dear ArcticLancer

You received a gift box for this Secret Santa 2012, congratulations! Woo! I feel other gifts you will be sent directly to you, along with the skin of a snake shoddy relaxed with some chocolate, but this one, I notes written this, you want to send from their underneath. Will not bite you, but I assure you!

This will be my third year as a Secret Santa. Exciting! This will be my third victim. HO HO HO! However, the only thing I will be inflicted on you is a pleasure and a barrage of your gift, like the victims of in a good way. All missile away! House ArcticLancer - Target!

2012 was a year of the trend of good and bad aspects. Discontinuation of Encyclopedia Brittanica U.S. election, the London Olympics, after 244 years, we've seen a lot of things and many others. Sometimes, cheers guys, bring together these developments are good and exciting! They bring fear sometimes. Anxiety drives people, and which is bad I separately.

However, every year Christmas is constant. Time to come together and celebrate together. We have a tradition all of us, a secret Santa Penny Arcade is one of the largest both of us is a part of until now. Secret Santa never changes. Every year, we are surprised at the thoughtfulness friendship, compassion, generosity and constantly. This is a great community, please keep in mind that it is incredibly lucky to be a part of it and we both of us.

You may go to the world upside down, always at the end of the year, as a constant, there will be a secret Santa Penny Arcade I'm looking forward to it.

Happy holidays, ArcticLancer to you and your.

Dunxco.

Hope you enjoy the gifts and have a very happy christmas. :)

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    You guys are making me feel old. Eight when Toy Story came out??

Also, @redfield85 I'm not seeing the Borderlands 2 sale. I saw the original for $15, but not the second. Maybe it's my mobile browser.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    i don't remember how old I was when the first one came out, but i definitely grew up with them and experienced the going to college story of 3 while I was in college so the timeframe fits for me personally.

I feel the experience of the trilogy as we grew up was a lot more powerful for us than it will be for younger kids who can just blow through them all in a day now.

• Options
    @Darleysam
    Thanks. They really are. They aren't exactly mine though. I'm an SPCA foster, so I take care of young kittens, just giving them a home so they have more space and attention to grow up with while they're too young to be adopted out. This lovely little pair is due to go back sometime in early December, when they will be missed muchly.

@ArcSyn
    Well ... maybe you are old? :p

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Seriously though, someone tell me what that dutch means.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Santee, I know there is a Steam sale, but remember you are in a Secret Santa too..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    no worries santa! i have only purchased all OMD2 DLC for myself!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Don't worry santa. I'm too broke. All my money is usable only on my Santee... and probably food, for me to live.

although i did get a job interview scheduled for a job making 3x what i was at my last one. If that happens, you all better watch out come christmas sale

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Some of these sales are really nice today. I tried to pick up Forza Horizon from the Microsoft store for 15$ but they are already sold out. I guess I should hold off on buying stuff for myself though like ArcSyn said.

My gifts are shipped and on their way. Steam gifts are in my inventory and waiting for physical parcel delivery before getting released.

Note to my Santa, I'm have a slight trigger finger problem when it comes to Steam sales so thread carefully, I do promise to hold off on physical purchases though.

• Options
    Handkor wrote: »
    Some of these sales are really nice today. I tried to pick up Forza Horizon from the Microsoft store for 15$ but they are already sold out. I guess I should hold off on buying stuff for myself though like ArcSyn said.

My gifts are shipped and on their way. Steam gifts are in my inventory and waiting for physical parcel delivery before getting released.

Note to my Santa, I'm have a slight trigger finger problem when it comes to Steam sales so thread carefully, I do promise to hold off on physical purchases though.

The MS store will ship to Canada? Huh ...
    Well, if your Santa doesn't give it to you, my copy is for sale. Track me down. I might even still have your address from last year ... Heh. :p

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    giftget.gif
    My Santa knows that I am weak and begs me to stay strong. I've done it so far, and these 4 gifts will make it easier to stay that way! No cats, as my Paint.net skills are nowhere near that good. You're all lucky I could manage 2 layers and black boxes to obscure my Santa's email address. :)
    gemini_rue.png
    Haha, this is my choice, too. There was raving about it in the Steam thread, and I loves me some adventure games. Awesome!

bit_trip_core.png
    Mmmm... bits, trips, and the soundtrack! I love Bit.Trip games, and the soundtrack will be awesome at work tomorrow. Thanks!

to_the_moon.png
    Oh God, after I finish Walking Dead I'm going to start this. I will have cried to the manliest tears 2 games in a row if everybody else is to be believed. Thank you so much!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Interesting tidbit... this is what you see if you mess up the link to the GIFT GET.gif...
    dr9us.gif

If someone wants to gift me Mila Kunis, I'm very ok with that. :)

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Just taught my Grandma how to use Amazon wishlists...you now have competition Santa.

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    So I just returned from Thanksgiving dinner to check my electronic existence, and I do declare it appears I have been gifted! Details will follow when I'm off my mobile device and able to post proper screenshots, but until then, Thank you, Santa!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    As mentioned above, I returned from the family Thanksgiving excursion to find that I had been gifted with Steam-y goodness! My dog, for one is relieved, as I usually force him to pose with my gifts. This year, he has had parts of his legs shaved, a bandage on one leg, and is wearing the Cone of Shame, so he thanks you for the gift of his dignity, Santa. Anyway, now for the...

GiftGet.gif

First up we have....
    kotor2.png

KOTOR2! I have been meaning to revisit KOTOR 2 and give it a try with the fan-made fixes that flesh out the story the way that it is meant to be experienced. Thank you, Santa, for giving me the impetus to revisit one of my favorite branches of the Extended Universe!

Next...
    alice.png

Holy shit, YES! I've been wanting to play this for a while. I absolutely loved the original, and I'm not sure why I haven't bought it yet. Insane, knife-wielding storybook girls FTW! This is a perfect gift, and I look forward to booting it up as soon as I finish typing this.

Thank you so much, Santa @Grove! Sorry if I was a pain in the ass Santee to stalk for - I was unaware that all of my Steam and Live information was wiped out with the forum change. I'm very happy with what you have sent, and look forward to some gaming goodness!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    DR9US.gif
    within the shipping documentation was there a note
    whose tidings of cheer were so simply wrote:
    acidlacedpenguin, Happy Christmas from your cleverly-disguised G&T Secret Santa (Canadians say happy instead of merry, right?) You have something else coming, but I figured maybe you were tired of waiting. - Untraceable Cow
    and with it enclosed, a card hidden code:
    a small fortune in MSP!
    2012-11-22173118.jpg

thanks for part one UC!

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Note to self: When robbing bank, don't shoot EVERYTHING that moves. Hostages are valuable. >_<

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    You guys are making me feel old. Eight when Toy Story came out??

Also, @redfield85 I'm not seeing the Borderlands 2 sale. I saw the original for $15, but not the second. Maybe it's my mobile browser.

Yea, those deals don't seem to come up in the mobile browser (at least they didn't for me). I am pretty sure it was Borderlands 2 for $25.

Checking now, I don't see any Borderlands on the Amazon (we were talking about the Amazon deals, right?). They might remove earlier in the day ones after awhile.

I picked up Skylanders for $39 and change. Also bought Just Dance 4 and Dance Central 3 for my sister/brother-in-law (although I wanted Dance Central 3, but I don't have a kinect or room for it).

Is it wrong that I want to buy a ton with the online deals? They are such good deals for like $15-25.

Santee, I am just waiting for one more item, then I'm gonna see about getting you some treats, work on something, and then send. SOON!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Santee, things are coming together. Each SS I get a closer to making things personal. First SS I gifted digitally through Steam, then I gifted through Amazon, now I will be sending things that I've packed at an actual parcel shipping place thing! Next year, I'll be driving to your house and caressing you myself! Rejoice, future Santee!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    These gifts look great guys, keep up the good work :)

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have my gift pretty much done. I'm just waiting for December to mail it. I refuse to be a part of the holiday creep. Christmas is for December.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, Orcs Must Die 2 is even better than the first!
    Thanks again, @Mighty ! I'm having a blast with these. Unfortunately, the wee ones will be up early, so I should head to bed. DRAMATIC SIGH

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Dear Santa, I have not had the opportunity to try out The Amazing Spider-man yet due to work and needing to finish AssBro. I still have Revelations yet to finish too but hopefully will have more time next after next week. Though given that it is Christmas, not a big likelihood.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I read that as "relations left to finish"

Way sexier

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment