As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    So, Orcs Must Die 2 is even better than the first!
    Thanks again, @Mighty ! I'm having a blast with these. Unfortunately, the wee ones will be up early, so I should head to bed. DRAMATIC SIGH

A rest well deserved

Disposable Hostages

yes traps are so cool

Are you the riddler? Do you perhaps own anything neon green and festooned with question marks?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    @Draysoth

I'm down stairs just playing the game that I was already gifted with the wife (LEGO Lord of the Rings) and out of nowhere I get notification that I have two Steam gifts awaiting me!

Orcs Must Die 2!
    http://imgur.com/lKZR1

AND

Civilization 5!
    http://imgur.com/lHrwm

I unfortunately own both but one of my good friends doesn't own Civ 5 and my Roommate does not own Orcs Must Die 2. So I know what I'll be doing. :D Thanks again! Also... Lego Lord of the Rings is awesome!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Ooooo, LewieP has just suggested a plan, a cunning plan! All I have to do is source the stuff!

Well then you're already putting in more effort than the New York times, or... Or, what's a paper in Europe that doesn't check sources? Because them.

regardless, heyooooo

initiatefailure on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    DR9US.gif

A wild Santa appears!
    Santa uses Noitu Love 2!
    It's super effective!

liKJhl.png

Thank you!

(Who was that round man?)

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    @Draysoth

I'm down stairs just playing the game that I was already gifted with the wife (LEGO Lord of the Rings) and out of nowhere I get notification that I have two Steam gifts awaiting me!

Orcs Must Die 2!
    http://imgur.com/lKZR1

AND

Civilization 5!
    http://imgur.com/lHrwm

I unfortunately own both but one of my good friends doesn't own Civ 5 and my Roommate does not own Orcs Must Die 2. So I know what I'll be doing. :D Thanks again! Also... Lego Lord of the Rings is awesome!

And he went ahead and gifted me Dragon Age!!! @Draysoth is an awesome Santa!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Steam wishlist ignores things you add in via the little 'activate a product on Steam' thing, so I have to go through and cull mine regularly. Which yes, does make it kind of annoying sometimes to gift people.

steam_sig.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Steam wishlist ignores things you add in via the little 'activate a product on Steam' thing, so I have to go through and cull mine regularly. Which yes, does make it kind of annoying sometimes to gift people.

I've straight up clicked on things on my own wishlist, bought it in Steam, and it still stayed on my wishlist. It's totally wonky. The worst part is that it's not consistent. Most of the times it works fine, but not always.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I was gonna yell at my Santee to not buy anymore games but then I realized I should take my own damn advise. Sorry Santa. Steam sales man. If you own a PC, you understand.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Yeah, I went ahead and took advantage of the gog sale that's going on. I hope I have not (further?) angered my Satan... I mean, Santa.

steam_sig.png
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    DR9US.gif

Woke up from nightshift to find some new steam gifts :D
    zSUC1.jpg
    After some strangeness getting my steam and the emails to talk to each other they're safely in my library.
    Thanks very much Cooljammer for some great games. Hotline Miami is the one I'm most curious about, never heard of it before today.
    And sorry about the semi-lurker thing :)

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Ooooo, LewieP has just suggested a plan, a cunning plan! All I have to do is source the stuff!

Well then you're already putting in more effort than the New York times, or... Or, what's a paper in Europe that doesn't check sources? Because them.

regardless, heyooooo

The BBC has got in serious trouble because of this very recently - heads have rolled!

Hey back, as well :)

Quite excited about my Santee's stuff now: I love it when a plan comes together!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hearthjaw wrote: »
    DR9US.gif

zSUC1.jpg
    After some strangeness getting my steam and the emails to talk to each other they're safely in my library.
    Thanks very much Cooljammer for some great games. Hotline Miami is the one I'm most curious about, never heard of it before today.

I sent a physical thing in the mail too, but it might not get there till well after the holiday season. This was my contingency plan

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2012
    Santa, I just bought a basic Wii U, so I guess take that into consideration?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    Hearthjaw wrote: »
    DR9US.gif

zSUC1.jpg

I sent a physical thing in the mail too, but it might not get there till well after the holiday season. This was my contingency plan

Good stuff, looking forward to it :)

steamid: sewersider
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    DR9US.gif

Oi0jk.jpg

Fun story behind this: I won it in a public Steamgifts giveaway, received it, and had it taken back before I could play because it was purchased fraudulently. But now I can actually play it; thanks Santa!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Santa, I just bought a basic Wii U, so I guess take that into consideration?

DAMN IT.

-Stops wrapping Rorus Raz's Wii-U gift and sends it back-

You're getting a Furby instead.
    I'm not really your Santa.
    and I can't afford to get my Santee a Wii-U anyway

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Lots of steaming going on this year. Kinda wish I had a not crappy computer.

Santa! I picked up X-Com and Borderlands 2 during Black Friday. That's about it for my game buying this year.

Santee! The last piece of your package is getting mailed to me this week. If that's the case, I'll wrap them up this weekend and send them off. Are you excited? I bet you're excited.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Santa! I picked up X-Com and Borderlands 2 during Black Friday. That's about it for my game buying this year.

Santee! The last piece of your package is getting mailed to me this week. If that's the case, I'll wrap them up this weekend and send them off. Are you excited? I bet you're excited.
    Did you pick those up for xbox, or what?
    Also, those are two fantastic choices. I recommend on XCOM that you save often. If you make characters based on friends/family, it becomes reeeeeally awkward when they are watching themselves on screen and then their digital counterpart dies a gruesome death. Having multiple saves to fall back on is always nice.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    DR9US.gif

AAAAAAH! AAAAH! Uncontainable excitement!

I failed to realize when last checking my email that dear, sweet @Harvest had sent me a message:
    "This should add some cheer to your weekend"
    And below that... a key for Dishonoured!

Thank you again @Harvest! So much generosity!
    I've been looking forward to playing Dishonoured for months.

This is the best community ever. I'm gonna run right out tonight & get presents for my Santee. <rubs hands together in anticipation>

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    So, the black friday sales were a bit irresistible. I now own Spec Ops: The Line, Civ 5, KOTOR2, Rage, and Carrier Command. Sorry, Santa. :(

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Did you pick those up for xbox, or what?
    Also, those are two fantastic choices. I recommend on XCOM that you save often. If you make characters based on friends/family, it becomes reeeeeally awkward when they are watching themselves on screen and then their digital counterpart dies a gruesome death. Having multiple saves to fall back on is always nice.

PS3. And man, I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying the game. Never played the original one, and I think my last turn based game was either FFT or Vandal Hearts for the PS1. And yeah, learned the lesson of saving often early on. I'm still early on, and right now I came across a very difficult mission for a country in high panic. And wouldn't you know it, all my high ranking guys are off injured. Gonna take a rookie squad and see what happens.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    A portion of the "gifts" has been sent out.

Now finalizing the last of them for next week.

My stalking was sub par this year but I think I touched all the right spots. >:)
    Also :winky:

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So, Orcs Must Die 2 is even better than the first!
    Thanks again, @Mighty ! I'm having a blast with these. Unfortunately, the wee ones will be up early, so I should head to bed. DRAMATIC SIGH

A rest well deserved

Disposable Hostages

yes traps are so cool

Are you the riddler? Do you perhaps own anything neon green and festooned with question marks?

Evil? I think not!

Haiku is just fun to write

Refridgerator

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    I think a lot of you Santees need to be gifted some self control.

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Self-control is easy

Steam discounts are the super-drug

Wallets weep come sales

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    After a subpar/frustrating day at work I come home to check the e-mail. I had pretty much forgotten that Santa had mentioned there would be more gifts coming because Minecraft has been overwhelmingly life consuming and awesome.

But....
    DR9US.gif

The message from santa:
    Message for [Radiation] from [Creeper Santa]:

Ssssanta has scared up stuffers for your virtual stocking.

Ssssanta couldn't verify what you had, but that's ok, santa is a fan of the Shotgun approach.

If you end up with extra's, share and enjoy!

Humble Bundle V:
    -Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    -Bastion
    -Braid
    -LIMBO
    -Lone Survivor
    -Psychonauts
    -Super Meat Boy
    -Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP

-AND-

Humble Bundle 6:
    -Bit Trip Runner
    -Dust Force
    -Gratuitous Space Battles
    -Jamestown
    -Rochard
    -Shatter
    -Space Pirates and Zombies
    -Torchlight
    -Vessel
    -Wizorb

I'm pleased to say I own none of these Santa, and I can't put into words how much I appreciate this. The generosity of this community is always staggering, and it is awesome! E-hugs and fistpounds all around!
    Thanks so much Santa!

Now looking forward to seeing my Santee make the post soon.

Edit:
    There is more apparently? In a box?
    Santa.
    What are you doing?!?

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    After a subpar/frustrating day at work I come home to check the e-mail. I had pretty much forgotten that Santa had mentioned there would be more gifts coming because Minecraft has been overwhelmingly life consuming and awesome.

But....
    DR9US.gif

The message from santa:

Ssssanta couldn't verify what you had, but that's ok, santa is a fan of the Shotgun approach.

Humble Bundle V:
    -Bastion
    -Braid
    -LIMBO
    -Lone Survivor
    -Psychonauts
    -Super Meat Boy

-AND-

Humble Bundle 6:
    -Bit Trip Runner
    -Dust Force
    -Jamestown
    -Rochard
    -Shatter
    -Torchlight
    -Vessel
    -Wizorb

I'm pleased to say I own none of these Santa, and I can't put into words how much I appreciate this. The generosity of this community is always staggering, and it is awesome! E-hugs and fistpounds all around!
    Thanks so much Santa!

Edit:
    Santa.
    What are you doing?!?

What the hell kind of monster are you that you owned NONE of those games? :p

Self-control is easy

Steam discounts are the super-drug

Wallets weep come sales

The sale... it does things
    Things we didn't think it could
    Wish I still had cash...

Radiation wrote: »

But....
    DR9US.gif

The message from santa:

Humble Bundle V:
    -Bastion
    -Braid
    -LIMBO
    -Lone Survivor
    -Psychonauts
    -Super Meat Boy

-AND-

Humble Bundle 6:
    -Bit Trip Runner
    -Dust Force
    -Jamestown
    -Rochard
    -Shatter
    -Torchlight
    -Vessel
    -Wizorb

Thanks so much Santa!

Edit:
    Santa.
    What are you doing?!?

What the hell kind of monster are you that you owned NONE of those games? :p

I....I'm sorry :(
    WoW consumed so much game time that I have a huge backlog of mainstream games. Like I played Portal/Portal 2 back in January.

Not that I'm hating on WoW, its just that game was the only game there was to me.

Also family. And work/deployment.
    And poor attempts at online college.

On the plus side you get to experience all of those amazing games for the first time. I envy you!

Shoot, now I have to figure out how to throw US Dollars at this steam store when it's clearly wanting Euro's.
    Stupid German IP :(

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I think a lot of you Santees need to be gifted some self control.

More people need creepy, angry Santas like mine to stop them from buying things. Perhaps if someone feels their Santee has bought too much stuff for themselves this time of year they could send the person's email address to my Santa and he/she could let them know the err of their ways.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Santa doesn't appear to be targeting me on Steam, but I apologise for my purchase of Arkham City GOTY nonetheless. It was so cheap! I've been good otherwise!
    Additional notes: I'm not sure if it appears on my Steam list because it's a press copy, but I own Dishonored. Also, Scribblenauts Unlimited is on the way to me because I need to review it. Sorry I'm such a pain, gaming-wise!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Since when does Amazon.com charge six bucks for each gift-wrapped package? What in the sam tits?

I was gonna save time by shipping directly from my Santee's Amazon this year, resulting in saving on dumb dumb shipping and extra giftage, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $20+ for gift wrapping. Physically package it is.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Yeah, I went ahead and took advantage of the gog sale that's going on. I hope I have not (further?) angered my Satan... I mean, Santa.

I was playing with fire, and I got burned.

I woke up to an e-mail this morning with what can only be described as a spite gift:

badrats.png

steam_sig.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Secret Santa Thread Hive Mind! With permission from my Santa, I need your help!

My Santa has sent the first part of the gift, but it requires a password to open a file of instructions. The file name is supposed to be the hint, and the file name is "Creator." I've tried "Builder, myself, God, Yahweh, and a whole bunch of other things, but no dice."

Any ideas?

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Lego?

There's a Lego Creator program.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Lego?

There's a Lego Creator program.

That's the third thing I thought of after "God" and "Minecraft"

soempty.jpg
    My first thought was lego as well.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Maybe look at antonyms like destroyer?

Maybe Gabe or Tycho, as they created the comic. Or Vanilla (or IcyLiquid), created the forum software.