As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great and Wonderful PAX SECRET BOBCAT GIFT EXCHANGE 2012 Edition EXTENDED TO NOV 18th

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Amazing things have arrived in the mail today.

2ziy9ah.jpg

I love my gift and can't wait to put both to good use. Thanks Secret Bobcat.

IhtGIyi.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They didn't reveal themselves?

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »
    They didn't reveal themselves?

it was me! i'm so glad that you like them, skelevader!

also, thanks to amazon for that CRAZY fast shipping. i can't believe it already arrived! now to sit back and wait for my own secret bobcat....

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    Just ordered my stuff, my secret bobcat should have it by Wednesday this week. Also thanks for having a good list to work with!

• zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Bobcat has been sent!!

flying-bobcat1.jpg

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Sent my bobcat today. You should see some happy photos tomorrow as it arrives in a new home. Just hope they open the box right.. because it would be awful if something happened to the lil' guy.....

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Seconding @pureval: @SmallLady, SNAFUs or not, I think you've done a wonderful job. It's a damned shame that people missed out due to technical glitches, but were it not for you and your efforts there wouldn't be a PAX Secret Santa Sekrit Bobcat exchange at all. It's a big job for one set of small(lady) shoulders!

(On that note, I'd be more than willing to try to help out next year if if there's any way I can!)

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    I had a veritable bounty awaiting me when I got home from work today!
    IMG_0072.JPG

And even better, there was stuff inside the pretty boxes!
    IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG

I absolutely LOVE these gifts, can't wait to break them in with my friends! Thank you so much, @bubblegumnex!

And just to round out my post spam for the day...

Someone should be expecting a present bobcat on Wednesday. =3

• Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    I just shipped my giftees stuff out today. The confirmation says it should be there starting Thursday so keep a look out!

• rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    My bobcat should receive gifts tomorrow (11/28)

Got my secret bobcat also Anonymous

Minecraft magnets woo hoo
    ac3 beach ball or whatever it will blow up into
    pax prime 2012 challenge coin (best gift of all)
    and a keeper card to some card game, i'll have to research it sometime.

Thanks whoever my bobcat was.

zerzhul on
    Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
    I am not your bobcat, but that is a card for Fluxx

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Reminder to people sending gifts.

Please identify who you are to your giftee as well as what exchange your gift is for, as many people do more than one exchange.

Thanks!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    @rileyper I believe that AC3 inflatable is actually a Tomahawk Axe. All of the assassination fun, none of the blood.

not sure if the card was lost or if he just forgot to mention, but i should have been identified with the gift i sent. maybe amazon is being lazy with their gift tags?

7YIpfE5.png
    Folks, please keep in mind that all the normal rules of the forum still apply to this thread (including the embedded image size limit).

• bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So, this morning, I awoke with a ding-dong and a vehicle peeling out of the driveway. I sprang from my bed to see what was up. I opened the door and found a little box. I saw that the label was for me and schlunked back to my room. Inside was this:
    5sRht.jpgg

Twas from the Carboard Tube in the sky!
    WOR5O.jpg

Inside the red package was this:
    BmgLw.jpg

Inside the blue one was this:
    kOzog.jpg

Toe socks! yes!

With these in hand, I shall be warm this winter and entertained by these! Thanks Sekrit Bobcat (Sean)!

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    "Awesome!"

<ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Seriously, those toe socks are amazballs.

I buy 3 new pairs every pax, and they save all my little toes from blisters. :D

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    rileyper wrote: »

@rileyper, I was your Secret Bobcat, I forgot to put my forum name in the package. I did write on the front that it was for this gift exchange though, so at least I did that right.

And @tvethiopia, I went back and checked the packaging slip again and your forum name was on the side, I just missed it the first time.
    Thanks again!

IhtGIyi.png
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Seriously, those toe socks are amazballs.

I buy 3 new pairs every pax, and they save all my little toes from blisters. :D

Oh, they are awesome and comfortable that I must acquire more. I also bought a pair of these: They are fabulous and super comfy.

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    With these in hand, I shall be warm this winter and entertained by these! Thanks Sekrit Bobcat (Sean)!
    I've been found out! lol, I was your Sekrit Bobcat, enjoy!

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I just picked up a box from the mail room! Won't be able to open it until later, but I'll report back when I do!

AN9buWz.png
    edited November 2012
    I was sitting in my room feeling complete boredom as I was stuck waiting for a WoW patch to install on my slow-ass internet when I heard UPS driving outside just now. I didn't think anything of it until there was a knock at my door. Confused, (As I am expecting another package soon but not this soon) I ran downstairs to answer my door and found a box from Amazon!
    Parcel.jpg
    My lovely cardboard treasure chest!
    Bundle1.jpg

A bundle inside, what can it be?!?!
    wow.jpg

Lego Star Wars for DS, A book about Ed Gein (who I studied for shits and giggles a long time ago), and Tales from the Crypt seasons 1 and 2.

Love, Love, LOVE all this stuff! Thank you, blAAAm!!! I am no longer bored :)

Cynd3rCyn on
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    Cynd3rCyn wrote: »

Lego Star Wars for DS, A book about Ed Gein (who I studied for shits and giggles a long time ago), and Tales from the Crypt seasons 1 and 2.

Love, Love, LOVE all this stuff! Thank you, blAAAm!!! I am no longer bored :)

Your welcome! Glad you liked it!!!

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Do we have a vehicle for passing sekrit messages to our designated bobcatees?

• yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I was visited by my favorite Santa today, Brown Santa :D . I was expecting some goodies from Newegg because of their Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Buy Our Shit siren call.
    CIMG0087.jpg

But one of these things is not like the other!

I spy with my little eye...."Amazon Fulfillment Services"

522883223_1537991_george_takei_oh_my_super_xlarge.png
    CIMG0088.jpg

Inside I find a most wonderful of anime gifts. It can snuggle next to my Lain art book :)

Inside was also a lovely note:

"My apologies, but Amazon was all out of bobcats [understandable, it being peak bobcat season]. I hope that this lovely artbook will suffice. I myself have a great fondness for NGE, and seeing this on your list brought back many fond memories. Happy $WINTERHOLIDAY! -LittleMissRachel"

And a Merry Festivus to you as well. I might have to dust off the DVDs and have myself an Evangelion weekend, and thank you so much for my bobcat substitute.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Do we have a vehicle for passing sekrit messages to our designated bobcatees?

I would just ask someone you know on the forums to pass along a PM. If all else fails, you can use me (if it's not me).

edited November 2012
    yoshamano wrote: »
    I was visited by my favorite Santa today, Brown Santa :D.

Robot Santa reports that he is offended.

zerzhul on
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We are Legion.

yoshamano wrote: »
    I was visited by my favorite Santa today, Brown Santa :D . I was expecting some goodies from Newegg because of their Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Buy Our Shit siren call.
    CIMG0087.jpg

But one of these things is not like the other!

I spy with my little eye...."Amazon Fulfillment Services"

522883223_1537991_george_takei_oh_my_super_xlarge.png
    CIMG0088.jpg

Inside I find a most wonderful of anime gifts. It can snuggle next to my Lain art book :)

Inside was also a lovely note:

"My apologies, but Amazon was all out of bobcats [understandable, it being peak bobcat season]. I hope that this lovely artbook will suffice. I myself have a great fondness for NGE, and seeing this on your list brought back many fond memories. Happy $WINTERHOLIDAY! -LittleMissRachel"

And a Merry Festivus to you as well. I might have to dust off the DVDs and have myself an Evangelion weekend, and thank you so much for my bobcat substitute.

I'm glad you like it! (And extra bonus points for the Lain AB - another old favorite of mine!)

Aforementioned fond memories also have me wanting to dig it up and rewatch (and, of course, resume cursing the delay on the next segment of Rebuild...). Festive Yule to you!

• WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    Bobcat is on it's way!!!!

bobcatgold.gif

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
    edited November 2012
    I see that my giftee's gift has arrived at the post office.. SOOON!!!

I sent priority mail, so I hope somehow you're home when the mail comes if you need to sign for it.

Cynd3rCyn on

I know my person has it :) -- it's funny, the anticipation of seeing them post is actually greater than my anticipation of receiving my gift :)

vttym wrote: »

I know my person has it :) -- it's funny, the anticipation of seeing them post is actually greater than my anticipation of receiving my gift :)

:) Indeed, that's the best part for me.

Time for gift chains!

SmallLady :arrow: parabola
    tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper
    Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano
    blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn

SkeleVader wrote: »
    rileyper wrote: »

@rileyper, I was your Secret Bobcat, I forgot to put my forum name in the package. I did write on the front that it was for this gift exchange though, so at least I did that right.

And @tvethiopia, I went back and checked the packaging slip again and your forum name was on the side, I just missed it the first time.
    Thanks again!

hm, still sounds like amazon dropped the ball. there should have actually been TWO of those little tiny gift cards they put in with a happy secret bobcats message (i chose two in case the items got shipped separately). DAMN YOU AMAZON -shaking fist at the sky-

7YIpfE5.png
    my incredible amazing wonderful secret bobcat gift has arrived!!! @Cynd3rCyn you are the best!

i literally squealed out loud when i opened this delightful box of treasures:
    8229559435_7dbfa9ec95_n.jpg

accompanied by a lovely card (always a thoughtful touch):
    8229559461_dba289bfe0.jpg

an actual bobcat!! i will snuggle it forever!!!
    8229559337_670170892e.jpg

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS APRON WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
    i cook all the time and i've been meaning to get an apron for ages, this is just way too amazing. also note, the movies on the shelves in the background of these pictures are ALL horror movies.
    8230624318_ec00f5b95d.jpg

and last, but in no way least, doctor who charm bracelet!!!!
    i also happen to be a big fan of the classic dangling charm bracelets (not the new bead kind), so this completely perfect.
    8230624200_bd8a891b45.jpg

thank you thank you THANK YOU Cynd3rCyn! you are the best pax secret bobcat gifter everrrrrrrrrr!!!!

7YIpfE5.png
    YAAAAY!! I hoped you would like them. When I first got the email from SmallLady about who I got, I'm like, "She assigned me someone with a lot of my own interests..this is cake!" I am very pleased that I happened to coincidentally get you something you've been wanting to get yourself with a fun touch! Wasn't sure about the bracelet though because some people don't like jewelry. :) Enjoy!

edited November 2012
    YAAAAY!! I hoped you would like them. When I first got the email from SmallLady about who I got, I'm like, "She assigned me someone with a lot of my own interests..this is cake!" I am very pleased that I happened to coincidentally get you something you've been wanting to get yourself with a fun touch! Wasn't sure about the bracelet though because some people don't like jewelry. :) Enjoy!

you did an incredible job, i couldn't be happier with my gift! thanks so so much!!!

edit: also thanks to @zerzhul and @juju for their services as intermediaries.

tvethiopia on
    7YIpfE5.png