As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [PHALLA] of Monkey Island (mini): PIRATE VICTORY

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm keeping my vote where it is, since I think Typhus can't help as he is currently acting, and I think it's self-imposed, so he's providing an out for himself to never be useful.

After the game we'll find out that his role knew the alignment of every single player, but he could only make dog noises, so he could never tell anyone.

Even if it was a pure neutral, having someone know all the alignments would be such a Durr move I can't think anyone would seriously make one like that
    Well I know what I'm doing for my next phalla!

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Even if it was a pure neutral, having someone know all the alignments would be such a Durr move I can't think anyone would seriously make one like that

Ahahahahahahaha! Oh man. Does this remind anyone else of a recent game?

DurrDurr-a?

What are you talking about, that game was totally balanced. I also got to run Anialos over with the motorcycle, so that's a plus. :D

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Vote closed. Narration momentarily.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Act 2 - The Unstoppable Voodoo Cannonball

The second day of the LeChuck Crisis was full of confusion. Many of the pirates felt that Typhus733 was a nefarious ghost pirate in disguise. Others thought chamberlain was the best option. However debate finally centered around Citizen and ObiFett. While the vote was exceedingly close, the pirates finally took their magic voodoo root beer and sprayed it on him. And then they keelhauled Citizen, a Citizen of Mêlée, who sold maps in the town center. Well, what he called maps. They looked more like dance instructions to anyone foolish enough to actually buy one.

Spoit had spent the day attempting or organize the pirates, claiming that the deceased Cannibal had been a friend of his and that he was surely innocent of being a ghost pirate. Unfortunately for him, while he was rabble rousing on the docks, a terrifying voodoo cannonball ripped through his torso. Looking out to sea, the pirates saw the semi-transparent image of LeChuck's ship. On the plus side, Spoit, a Monkey Island Cannibal (Lemonhead) had been telling the truth.

"Grrr Ruff Woof Ruff *whine* LeChuck" said Typhus733 as he hung out in the SCUMM Bar waiting to be fed. Growing impatient, he stepped outside to relieve himself, where he was attacked by a band of ghost pirates. The citizens of Mêlée were horrified to find Spiffy the Dog murdered in the alley outside the bar. Their only solace was that at least they didn't KEELHAUL A DOG.

In the chaos after the discovery of a dog's corpse and the annihilation of Spoit, it appeared the prisoner, ObiFett had escaped from prison. Where exactly he disappeared to wasn't determined, so the pirates assumed he went off on a voyage and sunk. Once again, no ships were missing from harbor, so how he managed to pull any of this off was a mystery. It was no skin off the backs of the pirates though, no one would miss Otis or his terrible, awful breath.

Results:
    Citizen - Citizen of Mêlée (map salesman) - root beered and keelhauled
    Spoit - Monkey Island Cannibal (Lemonhead) - Exploded by the Unstoppable Voodoo Cannonball
    Typhus733 - Spiffy the Dog - Attacked by ghost pirates
    ObiFett - Otis - Lost at sea

PMs and Insult results going out now

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Ye dog, I pour out a grog this night for ya

• Options
    MikeyCTS has replaced Maximus

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Really, Ghost Pirates? You killed the dog?
    You guys really are the worst.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    OOoooooOOooO

What kind of SK kills a man in prison?

lame

OOooOoOoooOo

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Heeeheeeheee
    Citizen was a citizen
    Almost as awesome as when the mafia millered mill in Dr horrible

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Look who gets to join in your reindeer games. :D

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    WHO BIT OFF MY GODDAMN ARMS

• Options
    I believe that's everything! If you were expecting a PM and didn't get one, consult me.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Heeeheeeheee
    Citizen was a citizen

Sucked that I died because of it, but it was pretty funny.

• Options
    Someone is a parrot and a jerkass

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    WHO BIT OFF MY GODDAMN ARMS

I needed a snack.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Heeeheeeheee
    Citizen was a citizen

Sucked that I died because of it, but it was pretty funny.

Yeah it was fun to watch begind the scenes. I really want to run another phalla soon

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    OOooOoOOOo
    *whine*
    OOooOoooOoO

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS a thought out vote may follow later.

• Options
    Dear [parrot that snipped off my arms], please put them back.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Mikey CTS a thought out vote may follow later.

Why do you have to be such a hater?

Anialos Ha! I'll probably change this after I've read the thread and gained a more informed opinion.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Guys. Guys. I bought some peppermint mocha coffee creamer. My coffee tastes like christmas.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Does your coffee also taste of the bitter failure suffered by @Langly and I in Phalladia? Because it should.

• Options
    Ehhhhh, mostly christmas. Slight undertone of failure, I guess?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Day 1 vote count:

stever777: 7 (DumpShock, Chamberlain, Typhus733, Spoit, Anialos, Langly, INANTP, Iron Weasel)
    Typhus733: 4 (Megafrost, Kime, Jdarksun, Iron Weasel, Citizen, Langly, Phyphor)
    Megafrost: 3 (The Anonymous, Kilnaga, Anialos)
    INANTP: 2 (stever777, Obifett)
    Kime: 1 (SLyM, Kilnaga, Typhus733)
    Chamberlain: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    Alegis: 1 (Mill)
    Mill: 1 (Void Slayer)
    Langly: 1 (romanqwerty)
    Corvidae: 1 (Retaba)
    Jdarksun: 1 (Alegis)
    romanqwerty: 1 (SaberOverEasy)
    Kilnaga: 1 (Premium)
    Obifett: 1 (INANTP, SeGaTai)
    Mikey CTS: 1 (jdarksun)
    Spoit: 0 (Anialos)

Day 2 vote count:

Citizen: 8 (Typhus733, Dumpshock, Anialos, Spoit, SaberOverEasy, jdarksun, Iron Weasel, Langly, Megafrost)
    Obifett: 5 (jdarksun, Retaba, Mill, Spoit, Megafrost, SLyM, Void Slayer, Anialos)
    Chamberlain: 2 (Megafrost, INANTP, Anialos, Kilnaga, SaberOverEasy)
    TheRoadVirus: 2 (Phyphor, Kilnaga, Spoit, Chamberlain)
    Typhus733: 2 (Kime, premium)
    SLyM: 1 (Alegis)
    Anialos: 1 (The Anonymous)
    Megafrost: 0 (Anialos)

Given that a lot of our top vote-getters have turned out to be village, I'm thinking that it would make sense to take a look at people that are intentionally avoiding these wagons.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    For now I'll vote Alegis.

• Options
    To the individual who maimed me:
    Black-Knight-monty-python.jpg
    'tis but a flesh wound.
    Retaba hasn't been saying/doing many things. I find this to be quite suspect. Someone hold up a magnifying glass for me! There is MYSTERY afoot!

• Options
    jdarksun

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Guys. Guys. I bought some peppermint mocha coffee creamer. My coffee tastes like christmas.
    Your coffee tastes like creepy uncles and fruitcake?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Fruity uncles and creepcake?

• Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    is creepcake the one that sits on the desert table and catcalls the pies?

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Maybe it's a Bond reference?

I'd post a picture of Dr. Christmas Jones but I can't find one that would not get me infracted. :winky:

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Does your coffee also taste of the bitter failure suffered by Langly and I in Phalladia? Because it should.

phallandia. In skies of phalladia I didn't fail!

but yes that phalla was sad.

• Options
    Why should my beverage taste of the failures of others, anyway?

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Does your coffee also taste of the bitter failure suffered by Langly and I in Phalladia? Because it should.

phallandia. In skies of phalladia I didn't fail!

but yes that phalla was sad.

Ahaha, dammit typos.

• Options
    SKRAWWWWK

I am led to believe that you ate me gorram arms, INANTP

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Premium if we're looking at people who are avoiding wagons, but I'm not sure that is the right idea. I will think on this and come to see if I want to change my vote.

• Options
    Flabbergast is the caviar of words

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It's secretly awful?

• Options
    No. When used properly on sushi, it's tasty. Or is that something else?
    Caviar is just fish eggs, right?