As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So, I received a message from Proxy with a tracking number from UPS. It said the package will be delivered today. Now I understand things happen with shipping, BUT...

The package has been delivered to St. Louis, MO and says it's on time and out for delivery...

I live in Los Angeles. I wonder if Proxy might have sent it to the wrong person OR if my santa was given the wrong address...

OR it's the greatest head fake ever and my Santa pulled UPS in on the gag.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    good lord. I leave for one day and now there's killer robotic santas?

I'm gonna need some back-story on that

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »

The former account Geth became Robot Santa a week or two ago, and has become the main account mods have programmed to close threads and perform infractions.

Then this week came, the beginning of which had the start of what I call the Forum Games. In the SE++ Secret Satans thread, people started getting weird, ominous notifications, which turned to red User bars by their profile pic, which turned to Alert Authorities and Hide Criminal buttons beside the Agree/Awesome/Report buttons. If a person deemed a criminal gets more Alert Authorities from his/her fellow forumers than Hide Criminals, they are jailed for being a caught criminal, and get a Criminal Badger. If the vice versa happens, they escape and get an Escapee Badger.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

The former account Geth became Robot Santa a week or two ago, and has become the main account mods have programmed to close threads and perform infractions.

Then this week came, the beginning of which had the start of what I call the Forum Games. In the SE++ Secret Satans thread, people started getting weird, ominous notifications, which turned to red User bars by their profile pic, which turned to Alert Authorities and Hide Criminal buttons beside the Agree/Awesome/Report buttons. If a person deemed a criminal gets more Alert Authorities from his/her fellow forumers than Hide Criminals, they are jailed for being a caught criminal, and get a Criminal Badger. If the vice versa happens, they escape and get an Escapee Badger.

God only knows what's in store for the Quarter Quell.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    This is ridiculously awesome.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Yeah so it looks like that UPS tracking number was not meant for me, as it's been delivered to someone in MO.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I'd ask what Christmas Shoes is, but I probably don't want to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34

I regret nothing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq10bz3PxyY
    Just listen to this in the background and don't pay any attention to the fan made video.

Man Secret Santa, all I want for Christmas this year is some free time. Every time I come to this thread there is several dozen more pages and a few hundred more posts. I love my new job, but it has taken my free time into the alley and shot it twice in the head.

I still have another 9 pages of quick skimming to catch up on.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    DR9US.gif

Waking up from my nap, trying to shake this cold
    Reach over and grab my phone to check the latest 'Become Larger, Gauruuuunteeed!' offer
    Confusion takes over, what in blazing saddles is this?
    This isn't my penis desensitizing cream! But its just as good!

8236756182_9ce21e3035_c.jpg
    secret santa by TheJaxx5

Thank you my puzzling Santa!

thejaxx on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    That was weird... it posted twice.

thejaxx on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I am sorry Robot Santa! I feel like an internet newb. For some reason it posted multiple times.

thejaxx on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular

Thanks for the excellent synopsis. That's what I get for never going to SE++. Is it still as scary as it was years ago?

• Options
    thejaxx wrote: »
    I am sorry Robot Santa! I feel like an internet newb. For some reason it posted multiple times.

ROBOT SANTA HAS NO PATIENCE FOR YOUR BULLSHIT.

• Options
    Uh oh. I have a feeling he's been indoctrinated.
    thejaxx wrote: »

ROBOT SANTA HAS NO PATIENCE FOR YOUR BULLSHIT.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

Thanks for the excellent synopsis. That's what I get for never going to SE++. Is it still as scary as it was years ago?

It started in SE, and has spread. Not even Proxy was safe from being branded.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    ASSUMING CONTROL

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Robot Santa has not appeared on page 69, surely proof of his robot logic.

• Options
    Maybe his reign is over. Are we safe?

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    DR9US.gif

Unnnnnnfortunately, I assumed it was my Black Friday Amazon purchases, so I opened it without the necessary Secret Santa gift quarantine protocols enabled. Thus, no cute animal pictures, no "Wow, a box" pictures... I hope Robot Santa finds it in his calculation matrix to forgive me.

But, it's books!
    CIMG0608.jpg

I can never have too many of them, and I'm sure I'll enjoy these just fine. I've never read the Mistborn trilogy, and these will keep me well-stocked with reading material for at least a couple of months!
    Super-thanks, @Asiina!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh man I love the Mistborn books sooooooo much. And pretty much everything else Sanderson writes too.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Oh man I love the Mistborn books sooooooo much. And pretty much everything else Sanderson writes too.

They are *so* good.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    whoa i didnt know greg bear wrote halo books

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Books? gaaaaaaaay

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »

They are *so* good.

... And typing that erased the saved draft I had for my Gift Get message.

Fuck.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    DR9US.gif

Unnnnnnfortunately, I assumed it was my Black Friday Amazon purchases, so I opened it without the necessary Secret Santa gift quarantine protocols enabled. Thus, no cute animal pictures, no "Wow, a box" pictures... I hope Robot Santa finds it in his calculation matrix to forgive me.

But, it's books!
    CIMG0608.jpg

I can never have too many of them, and I'm sure I'll enjoy these just fine. I've never read the Mistborn trilogy, and these will keep me well-stocked with reading material for at least a couple of months!
    Super-thanks, @Asiina!

Mistborn is FANTASTIC. one of my favorite series in a long time.

• Options
    After you finish it, go read Warbreaker, too. That was ... ridiculously good.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    ASSUMING CONTROL

THIS HURTS YOU

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    @UEAKCrash's infraction list seems to indicate that his failure to properly embrace the holiday spirit is endemic.

But... his avatar even has a Santa hat on!

Oh shit.. I don't even have one...

I need to hide.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I hope robot santa finds just one person on the boards with true holiday cheer, and gives them a pogo stick (badge).

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    xcDCU.gif

I've had a long day (my brother's wife's baby shower was today and my mother and I basically threw it for them) but I wanted to stop in and thank my Santa for these (pic of me using them later, but they work on my phone and they're warm :) )

xJamF.jpg

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    As if nature understood my disappointment over the weather last year, we've already had our first snowfall this year! It's only about a half inch or so (plus some ice), but I'll take it!

My wife, however, is bullshit. Whatever... White Christmas, here I come!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    @UEAKCrash's infraction list seems to indicate that his failure to properly embrace the holiday spirit is endemic.

But... his avatar even has a Santa hat on!

Oh shit.. I don't even have one...

I need to hide.
    ]

Also don't have the overly festive avatar. Come at me Robot Santa!

It snowed today! Fun times were had with the kiddo, come back in for hot chocolate and the desire to play minecraft, or one of the other many games I have gotten.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Nice to see things starting to turn up :) Curious how long the package I sent will take to arrive.

Prime on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I've finally found my old holiday avatar!It is quite low-res, but that'll be fine!

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    present 1 complete; presents 2 sourced and present 3 delivery imminent! The Post Office beckons more!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Well, sad to say our local post office has begun stealing items from our packages. My fiancee just found a package in our locked mailbox that had been torn open and half of the contents removed. There really isn't any way for anyone to have gotten into that package except for a post office employee. That said....

Dear Santa, please don't use USPS! In fact, I've gone ahead and set up an account with UPS so that I can intercept incoming deliveries and have them held at their local sorting station, so UPS will be the way to go if you can, I would greatly appreciate it. As much as I hate UPS, now I hate USPS more and I'm really not sad at all they are going belly up. Fuckers. I hope they are on your Fucking Naughty Fuckers List.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    My shopping is mostly finished - I want to include some sweets and treats but the actual gifts are purchased. I couldn't be quite so generous as my own Santa but I feel pretty good about what I got. I have to scrounge up some wrapping paper too - we haven't bought any for the house yet this year.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Well, sad to say our local post office has begun stealing items from our packages. My fiancee just found a package in our locked mailbox that had been torn open and half of the contents removed. There really isn't any way for anyone to have gotten into that package except for a post office employee. That said....

Dear Santa, please don't use USPS! In fact, I've gone ahead and set up an account with UPS so that I can intercept incoming deliveries and have them held at their local sorting station, so UPS will be the way to go if you can, I would greatly appreciate it. As much as I hate UPS, now I hate USPS more and I'm really not sad at all they are going belly up. Fuckers. I hope they are on your Fucking Naughty Fuckers List.

I recently had my Halo 4 stolen from the mail shipped from Amazon, I spoke to my regular mailman and he said unfortunately due to holidays a lot more temp works come for USPS because they are cheap. Good luck everyone

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Amateurs deliver the half stolen mail. Just take it and dump it in the river.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

I recently had my Halo 4 stolen from the mail shipped from Amazon, I spoke to my regular mailman and he said unfortunately due to holidays a lot more temp works come for USPS because they are cheap. Good luck everyone

That it may be temp workers and not regular USPS employees stealing the mail makes me feel slightly better. It's still BS though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Yeah during normal times of year, I prefer USPS because they tend to deliver more regularly and dont just drive up, say they attempted delivery then leave because they were too lazy to try.

During the holidays its pretty much FedEx or UPS only. Temp workers have always made me nervous. I've been told I have a distinct lack of trust in my fellow humans, though.

steam_sig.png